Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

Just now, emmawoodhouse said:

Both sets of parents and two film crews. 😁

Lol I thought they were breaking all the rules and heading out alone!

I'll bet Jim Bob and Michelle are dying a million deaths!  No trips for them!

Lawson and the Bates for the win!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Kinda crazy if we look back 10+ years ago - Josh Duggar proposed in the back of a FL restaurant, Zach proposed on a FL beach, Chad proposed at an inn in TN and Derick proposed at a park in AR. Fast forward a few engagements, and no one can forget Joe - courtship started on a cement slab and engagement at Joy's wedding.

And now here we are with Lawson jetting off to Italy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2021 at 6:46 PM, Tdoc72 said:

Maybe Gil, Jud & Jeb rode in the RV that Zach had. How did Momma B get back to TN?  

Answering my own question:  Gil, Kelly, Lawson, Tiffany & Tiffany’s parents all went to Rome. Probably for a proposal.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Answering my own question:  Gil, Kelly, Lawson, Tiffany & Tiffany’s parents all went to Rome. Probably for a proposal.  

Seeing as two film crews accompanied them, I would say the engagement is imminent. That's how Lawson got his own thread. 😁

• Love 3

I'm sure they're engaged by now. Tiff's pics posted this morning were labeled Day 4. No way these girls can wait 4 days for an engagement that they know is coming. They start freaking out by day 2. 🙄 Plus they did a whole photo shoot yesterday w/ professional photographers - pretty sure that would be done after the ring was in place so that the ring would be in pics. I'm sure they arrived day 1 and Law decided what he wanted for an engagement. Day 2 Kelly + Tiff's mom ran around store to store buying crappy decor (that's unneeded given that you're in a place that's already beautiful) to be made more "dramatic" as they run into stores speaking English UTTERLY SHOCKED that English isn't the primary language. End of day 2/day 3 - Law proposed and then photoshoots followed.

Day 4 was in Florence. Nice to see these two idiots are really making an effort to appreciate Italy as they did an IG video and maybe they got a question bc they were like what building is that behind us - I dunno oh well, the gelato is good though. 

• Love 7

This engagement extravaganza continues to infuriate me.  Last summer my husband and I were planning a trip to celebrate our 40th anniversary.  We had narrowed the choices down to Scotland or Florence, but Covid had other ideas.  I can assure you that we would not have gone all that way just to eat gelato.

This trip is totally wasted on them. 

Where is the money for all these trips coming from?  I wonder if Tiffany’s parents, unlike a lot of parents of child actors, actually saved and invested the money she earned and now she is sitting on a nice chunk of change.  I can totally see Lawson being more than thrilled to find someone who actually has a “dowry” of sorts.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What exactly does Nathan and Lawson do to support themselves and new wives?  Tv money can't be too much with there being so many pot splitters!

Wouldn't we all like to know?  I bet Lawson spent more money recording his songs than he has made with the sales.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What exactly does Nathan and Lawson do to support themselves and new wives?  Tv money can't be too much with there being so many pot splitters!

Good question. Nathan is an occasional flight instructor. Lawson is still trying to make fetch happen with his music career. Not sure how occasional employment is going to support their wives and eventual children. It's not like Gil has JB's real estate holdings and can hand out free houses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

How do these people wind up in a magazine? Do all of these fundy families contact the magazines themselves? Or do the magazines follow these families? I just don't get how their hundreds of engagements, babies and weddings are newsworthy.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

How do these people wind up in a magazine? Do all of these fundy families contact the magazines themselves? Or do the magazines follow these families? I just don't get how their hundreds of engagements, babies and weddings are newsworthy.

I don't get it either, but given that both Lawson and Tiffany work/worked in the entertainment industry they probably have a publicist.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Lawson probably makes more money with his music career than we think. He's got loads of social media followers and there's a big market for Christian-themed country.

I just can't picture these two settling down in a home together. It seems like all they do is go on vacation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Actually I’m wondering if People funded or assisted in the funding of this little trip for six!

• Useful 2
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Actually I’m wondering if People funded or assisted in the funding of this little trip for six!

No, UP was there as well as their family videographer. Garrido is credited for the pics that People published.

I also saw a guitar, so Lawson warbled something to Tiffy before the proposal.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly has people magazine number on speed dial. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I mean right now it's all fun and games. This Italian adventure - as well as some of the smaller trips that he and Tiff take - are paid for by UPTv since the cameras are following them now. Hope she realizes when the TV show goes away - and eventually all shows do - the adventure goes away. But reality is adventure likely goes away before that unless he's googling birth control right now. He's 29. Will be 30 in July. There's going to be 1 kid by the end of 2022 - assuming it's a spring 2022 wedding at the latest. She's 21-22 - she'll get pregnant in like 2 seconds likely on the honeymoon if they don't use any BC. Yet they seem to love endless travel, selfie taking, and navel gazing - not so easy with a baby on your hip; I know Carlin does it but reality is Carlin is all talk - their travel is mostly to the inlaws in Nashville with a $50 flight here and there to fly down to Alyssa 2x/yr and drive to some crappy Stewart vacation in the midwest. And Tiff wasn't raised a Bates girl with 87 siblings; she grew up what looks like upper middle class with 1 brother - she isn't used to just having a baby hanging off her boob and going about her life, nor has she seen anyone do that. Plus it's not like the stuff she wants for is driving trips to stay with inlaws 2 hrs away. I assume she's is going to want to go back to different spots in Europe, NYC etc. She - and they - are going to realize real quick that packing up and flying off to wherever just isn't in thing when you have multiple little kids AND no money!?

And yeah I don't buy it that this family is soooo well to do. I know their defenders here always say that but come on, let's call a spade a spade. Law puts out a crappy song every year or two and "tours" to like 2-3 church shows or low level county fairs a year. This isn't the kind of thing that brings in tens of thousands - even though he may get some ppl buying a song here and there on iTunes. A huge social media following doesn't necessarily = money - esp if you aren't influencing, selling things etc. which he isn't unlike his sisters; lots of people just follow you to see what's going on but never spend $1 on you.

I have a feeling he's given Tiff the impression that his music career is bigger and more on the cusp of success than it really is. And really he lives at home and earns income here and there - going to some disaster for a week or two; a few shifts at the sheriff's office; mowing siblings' lawns as if he's an 11 year old. That type of earning is fine and good when it's just fun money -- if you're just saving up for trips (w/o UPTv) or rings, it's not the same obligation as a monthly mortgage payment or health insurance. 

And no congrats from bestie Trace? He's been posting all day so it's not like he hasn't been on social media yet - yet he's posting pics of himself as a self styled "cowboy on Rehobhot Beach (Del.)" I mean Nathan is busy getting it on but what's Trace so occupied with??

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Carlin's known for her yodeling. She's done it since she was a young teen, probably even before then, but that's when I first heard her. 

It’s almost like with her twang, voice and yodeling she could be a country western singer!

• LOL 3
9 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't find him attractive at all. But that could be influenced by the fact he's so ugly on the inside.

Oh for sure.  He’s full of himself and has nasty beliefs. But he is better looking than, say, Nathan. Or any of the Duggar boys. 
And maybe that is what Tiffany saw.  
I’m not even sure how they met- she seemed to just appear one day.

• Love 4

I've always thought Lawson was the male version of Carlin.  Same complexion, eye color, big lower lip, loud and full of themselves.  Always wanting to be center of attention. 

Really hate when Carlin takes a selfie and looks like she got hit in the kisser with that under bite big lip look.  I've never thought she was as pretty as she thinks she is. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 10/28/2021 at 9:24 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Carlin's known for her yodeling. She's done it since she was a young teen, probably even before then, but that's when I first heard her. 

I think Joy Duggar is a yodeler, too. 

ETA: I could be wrong about this, but I have a memory of her yodeling. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tiffy has completed her Masters. Is Grand Canyon University accredited? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW01k7tJBnz/?utm_medium=copy_link

According to Google:

Due to the fact that Grand Canyon University is regionally accredited and its various online programs have programmatic accreditations, too, it is a legitimate online school and not a diploma mill. Needless to say, the college degree you will earn from it via the internet will be respected by employers.Oct 17, 2021

• Useful 3