Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: One Step Closer to World Domination

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, dleighg said:

I smiled a bit at a shot when they were unloading provisions in the galley. It was obvious to me that there were 3 or 4 plastic containers of Sabra hummus. Now I'm something of a fan of that particular brand, and it's sure easier than making it myself (which I've also done), but it cracks me up that on a high end yacht you'd get the same thing your next door neighbor would throw on the coffee table if you drop in on them :)

I bet they do that a lot then doctor it up and make it their own by drizzling some evoo, roasted peppers etc…..we will have to try to spot her using it!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I don't know if I will get used to Heather's overbite, high forehead, and severe platinum blondeness.

But it's pretty impressive to be a chief stew at 25. 

Looks pretty old for 25.  Maybe she's shaving some years?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 10/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, TexasGal said:

I have no idea, but 20 minutes of Captain Sean is enough for me.  You’re going to fire everyone as temporary captain?  Mkay.

Cap'n Sean is...interesting. I kinda wish he'd stay all season just so I could see Eddie's head explode 😂 

After all these seasons, I still don't get why so many complain heartily (and constantly) about a job they applied for, accepted and know what it entails.
I also don't get all the fights, drama and tears. It's SIX WEEKS! I could deal with pretty much anything for six short weeks, especially if I was getting over 1k tips every few days. (Maybe that's all just because I'm old now, give zero fucks, and have a different perspective on things. Oh, and I'm not on tv lol)

I so wish I could taste Rachel's food! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Yep. And all the sea food she fixed had me drooling.

That’s because it wasn’t just a simple, run of the mill seafood meal. It was a seafood………………………………….…..……………………………………………………………………………………EXTRAVAGANZA!  :) :) :)

• LOL 7

Was a bit surprised that Super Stew Frazer had never heard of CONCH, NOT KONK, fritters. Anytime I've been to the Caribbean, its always on the menu. Haven't ever eaten them, but I know what they are. Cap'n Sean is certainly a micromanaging PITA, but I often wonder why these guests are so fixated on times. You are on vacation, who cares if lunch is at 1:30 or 2?. If the crew needs to get their act together, sit back, have a drink, sit in the sun, and ask for some nibbles. It's not worth "SHOOTING" someone.

• Love 7

Cap'n Sean is...interesting. I kinda wish he'd stay all season just so I could see Eddie's head explode 😂 

Not me. I've had my fill of micromanaging captains with Sandy.

In only one episode, Sean makes me long for and prefer Sandy. That's impressive.

Well, nobody's that bad.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Cap'n Sean is...interesting. I kinda wish he'd stay all season just so I could see Eddie's head explode 😂

I so wish I could taste Rachel's food! 

Rachel doesn't like Eddie (aka Captain Lee's pet), so she will continue to get on his nerves, lol.  Remember this was the guy who cheated on his girlfriend.  He not only lied about it, but was a douche to Rocky.

Rachel is a Rock Star.

Edited by escape
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, escape said:

Rachel doesn't like Eddie (aka Captain Lee's pet), so she will continue to get on his nerves, lol.  Remember this was the guy who cheated on his girlfriend.  He not only lied about it, but was a douche to Rocky.

Rachel is a Rock Star.

Oh, I remember! In fact I just rewatched it all, during the marathon, and his gaslighting of Rocky made me angry all over again. Yes, she was a major irritant, but definitely didn't deserve any of that. No one does. 

Eddie also spent a lot of time bad mouthing Kate over the Leon stuff, and previous crew clashes with her, so it would've been fun to see how he handled someone who gave him a lot of crap, like Kate routinely got from different crew, especially if it was from a captain who he couldn't fire. 🤣 

Not really caring one way or the other about Capt. Sean.  If he's only going to be here 3 episodes enh whatevs.  But it does seem like he's trying to milk all the camera time he can.

French Fraiser might come from the fact that on his CV it said specifically that he could speak French.  And speaking of Fraiser enh so far not really liking him.  Bitchy britches is what I get from him.  Not funny or sassy just a bitch.  But you never really know someone till you go out drinking with them so I'll wait until the 1st night out to see what he's like.  From what I can tell from the previews he likes to make out with straight guys *shrug*

Everyone else well see...

• Love 4
On 10/25/2021 at 10:37 PM, njbchlover said:

Somewhat, but she was extremely rude and caustic to Eddie.  Rachel hasn't learned that what happens in a previous season, stays there.  

That is what I do not like about Rachel, last season she broke the boat rule, "don't embarrass yourself or the boat," and she did that repeatedly to the point everyone was annoyed, Eddie spoke about her behavior on camera and so did others, she was a liability.  This season she hates Eddie because he was vocal about her, not once did she look in the mirror or watch the clips and thought yeah, I was a drunk asshole...no self awareness at all.

She will most likely hound Eddie when they have their nights out to the point of being really ugly.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is what I do not like about Rachel, last season she broke the boat rule, "don't embarrass yourself or the boat," and she did that repeatedly to the point everyone was annoyed, Eddie spoke about her behavior on camera and so did others, she was a liability.  This season she hates Eddie because he was vocal about her, not once did she look in the mirror or watch the clips and thought yeah, I was a drunk asshole...no self awareness at all.

But don't all the stews/deckhands act like drunken assholes when they party on land.  I don't mind creating fake laws like "don't embarrass yourself or the boat", just apply it to everyone.

30 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She will most likely hound Eddie when they have their nights out to the point of being really ugly.

If there's a god in heaven!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I didn't watch last season so I don't know the story of Rachel but good lawd in ONE EPISODE she came across as a tacky ass tart.  I don't mind cussing to get a point across but jeez all this chick needs is a puffy hat with a disgusting saying on it.  What a f'ing pig =(

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

But don't all the stews/deckhands act like drunken assholes when they party on land. 

Yes and it's no coincidence either. It's gotten to the point where I suspect the show actually roofies them every time they go out for one of these obligatory restaurant visits. I don't see how everyone can get that sloppy drunk and obnoxious, every week, every season. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes and it's no coincidence either. It's gotten to the point where I suspect the show actually roofies them every time they go out for one of these obligatory restaurant visits. I don't see how everyone can get that sloppy drunk and obnoxious, every week, every season. 

They're not even going to a public restaurant are they?

Seems like a "club" they set up like the one they did on the same grounds in Iceland the last season.

But even before the pandemic, it looked like they booked venues for a private party and there were no bystanders around.

I think the Jersey Shore cast stopped going to public night clubs because bystanders were trolling them or getting into altercations.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

LOL!

When I was in my twenties and running around partying while working a real 9 to 5 office job there was no way I could have shown up at work the next day without a monster sized hangover I kept that crazy for the weekend. I do not understand the breed of people called "Yachties," it is like they have cast iron livers and no nervous system, how do they find them?  I know the show likes the antics that happen when there is heavy drinking but geeze, at what cost to their health?  I wouldn't be able to keep up.

Capt. Temp is an odd duck, ordering the crew to put real furniture on the beach? Thankfully they did not have a piano on board or Capt. Temp would have insisted someone learn how to play it so they could serenade them at lunch.

• LOL 8
On 10/27/2021 at 1:21 PM, Red Bridey said:

Was a bit surprised that Super Stew Frazer had never heard of CONCH, NOT KONK, fritters. Anytime I've been to the Caribbean, its always on the menu. Haven't ever eaten them, but I know what they are.

Kind of like clams.  Chewy, not much flavor.  Frittered up is kind of tasty.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AnnieBananie said:

If we're going to have a snarky, gay Brit for a second stew, I want the real Josiah, not discount Josiah. It's a shame he was available last season but not this one. 

Nailed it!  Josiah was so "bleeping" cool!

• Love 3

Impressions:

The look-ahead for the season is interesting.  Some cool vignettes.  Dunken propane burner flame and hair?  What could possibly go wrong?  (:

Crazy Rachel and Eddie are back!  Either one has potential alone.

Eddie "doesn't know" what being a First Office entails?  It looks like Eddie hasn't shed his lack of faith in himself and still hasn't developed any real leadership skills.  He knows what it takes to do a good job, but can he inspire others or even delegate properly?  We'll see.  Eddie has had a chance to learn from the master, Captain Lee, but he so far doesn't seem to be applying anything he may have learnt.  If Eddie wants to be a good Captain someday, he needs more Lee and less Eddie.

Heather... hmm....  First of all, her plastic surgeon should be shot for what was done to her lips -- very distracting.  We'll see if she can hold it together.  Somehow I think she'll fold pretty quickly under pressure.

Fraser -- I love this guy!  He's arrogant but unlike some previous stews (e.g., Lexi) he's got the skills to back it up.  I love his side commentary.  He obviously knows his trade.  Very much looking forward to seeing more of him.

Jake, Rayna, Wes, etc. -- not terribly impressed with the rest of the interior and deck crew so far.  And is it now de riguer to have a deckhand with impossible facial hair?  This one (Jake) looks more at home at Custer's Last Stand than on a yacht.

Captain Sean reminds me of what would happen if someone from the local loony bin escaped and decided to be a yacht captain.  Unlike Captain Queeg (Sandy) he's just nuts, as opposed to a naricisstic loony.

Wow, someone who *prefers* laundry?  Smart move -- farther away from the drama.

Does anyone else think Rachel bears a striking resemblance to the actress Missi Pyle?  Hmmm....

Fraser says "yes" to all guest requests, but doesn't know how to make a chocolate martini.  But that doesn't stop him!  He perseveres and ends up producing a product the guest loves! 

Heather and Rachel are getting off to a good start with their menu planning/serving.  Odds are this won't last, but it was nice to see the synchronicity.

The whole trash bag thing seems staged.  Can't believe it really happened that way.

All in all, it's a good start.  My fave out of the gate is Fraser.  Close second is Crazy Rachel.  The sooner we get rid of Sean to get Captain Lee the better.

What is it with Captain Sean and cushions?  Was he frightened by a cushion as child?

And the whole delay, delay, delay thing -- while Sean fiddles and the guests burn.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2021 at 8:55 PM, AryasMum said:

Something about Heather’s mouth is so Sarah Paulson to me. 

Thank you!  it was driving me crazy trying to think of who she reminded me of!  

• Love 3

Fraze-er?  Not, Fraszzzzshher like Frasier Crane? That pronounciation jolts me a little each time here at the beginning.

I love OG Below Deck. It is the only one I like and I am glad it's back. Big Kate fan here though and I miss her. She was a fembot chief stew machine that no one will ever, ever measure up to. And I still want to know who makes her horseshoe necklace.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Does anyone else think Rachel bears a striking resemblance to the actress Missi Pyle?  Hmmm....

Now that you mention it, yeah I can see it.

Sean is like a male Cap’n Sandy.

Not until he starts screaming and swearing at somebody. And hovering over the guests to take their temperature on every little thing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 10/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Fraze-er?  Not, Fraszzzzshher like Frasier Crane? That pronounciation jolts me a little each time here at the beginning.

I love OG Below Deck. It is the only one I like and I am glad it's back. Big Kate fan here though and I miss her. She was a fembot chief stew machine that no one will ever, ever measure up to. And I still want to know who makes her horseshoe necklace.

I know a lot of the Bravo people wear nicole rose jewelry. I am not sure if this is it...

https://nicolerosejewelry.com/products/diamond-horse-shoe-pendant-1?_pos=1&_sid=d1ca0c40b&_ss=r

• Love 2
On 10/25/2021 at 8:23 PM, TexasGal said:

I have no idea, but 20 minutes of Captain Sean is enough for me.  You’re going to fire everyone as temporary captain?  Mkay.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:33 PM, Koalagirl said:

Captain Sean was on WWHL. He said he had not watched any episodes of the Below Deck.  In general, the guy is a complete weirdo.

I was just waiting for Captain Sean to bust out "Nip it, nip it in the bud!" during his initial meeting with the crew. I wonder if Captain Lee makes him keep his flare gun unloaded for safety, with a single round in his pocket?

• LOL 1

Watching this again on rerun this afternoon. I hate it when people arrange things and then someone else comes along and “rearranges it” because their way is “better.”

Sean wanted to do everything on that boat. Even down to fluffing the pillows, and second-guessing Eddie, who’s taken a few yachts off the dock in his day, including My Sienna. No wonder it was a cluster. Trust your people to do their jobs. Trust their supervisors to do theirs and manage their crews. If you don’t, you’ve got problems.

• Love 1