Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: One Step Closer to World Domination

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

As the season begins, an unfamiliar face welcomes the My Seanna crew aboard that shocks everyone. Chief stewardess Heather's frustrations build when she is confronted with a difficult task. First officer Eddie struggles to bring his team up to speed while also dealing with changes in the wheelhouse. Lingering tension from last year's charter season threatens the harmony of the yacht.

Air Date: 10/25/2021

I'm confused. They probably just have it backwards, but my Dish Network guide is saying season 9 episode 2 from 9-10:30, and season 9 episode 1 from 10:30 -11:00. Are they really showing two new eps tonight? Or is my guide just drunk?

• Love 2

I have been watching the last season for a good part of today and I've realized two things:  I look forward to BD and I still maintain that Francesca was a huge asshole and the worst chief stew in BD and BD Med.  

Bring on the morons, to quote Captain Lee!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Something about Heather’s mouth is so Sarah Paulson to me. 

It is her overbite and fivehead. I already hate the crew and guests. Bring me Capt. Lee! He will be the only who makes this bearable.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Temp Captain is cray cray. As chef Rachel is STILL. They would make a great couple. 

I always like Eddie. So at least there is that. Not sure about the rest of the crew. 

The Med season that just finished had no sexy time with the crew. Zero. But this BD crew seem like there will be a lot of sexy time. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Captain Dean is trying to beat Captain Sandy in the micromanaging department. That picnic set up at the end was just wow.  I wanted to tell him to go back to the bridge where he belongs.  Please Captain Lee. Hurry up and arrive.   Poor Eddie!

I agree - I immediately thought that Captain Sean must have done some pre-appearance prep work and watched early seasons of the wrong Below Deck!  I wanted to smack him from my couch - "Just delay the guests another 1/2 hour???"  Is he friggin' kidding?  I thought the main focus of a charter yacht was to keep the guests happy?  Delaying them by an hour to set up some cushions and furniture from the ship??  I can't even imagine Captain Lee setting up an umbrella, never mind a whole beach picnic set up.

Please come back soon, Captain Lee - otherwise, there might be an accident to Captain Sean, caused by Eddie! 

2 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Oh, and seems like Rachel is trying to have a better edit this time. Hmmm...we will see how long that lasts. Looking forward to 1st crew party time.

Somewhat, but she was extremely rude and caustic to Eddie.  Rachel hasn't learned that what happens in a previous season, stays there.  

I noticed that she's still pumping out that French Toast, though!!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 18

Heather is young and seems mean.  She says she belongs there at 25, we'll see.

Sean seems cool, then turns into Captain Bligh.  Helps with provisions!  Rearranges the deck!  He is crazy.  That beach micromanagement was nuts.  At least we know he's not permanent.  Lee can't come back soon enough.

Jessica  likes laundry!  Caring for grandparents is  sweet.

French Frazer seems dedicated, but he's not a bartender

Jake, Wes, Rayna seem OK.  We didn't see much of them.

Rachel Oh No!  (eta: she really needs a better dye job)

Eddie was always cool IIRC.  "Rachel is talented.  And batshit crazy"  Indeed!  Heather may not take her crap.  We'll see.

Guests are a challenge.  Demanding.  At least they went to bed early and weren't sloppy drunks.  Starting up is tough when you don't know where everything is.

Dinner was chaos, Frazer is right.  Plan!  He was running ragged.  Heather seemed overwhelmed.  The stupid pajama party went over well.

Oh!  A trash bag!  EEK!  Looked like it had like 3 tissues in it.

Season has potential, once Sean is gone.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 14
Just now, aqusdealer said:

The previews for next week seem to hint that Capt. Lee will come back then. From previous experience with Bravo, that means episode 3. Just a guess. We'll see.

Does anyone have any idea what Captain Lee's "health scare" was?  Hopefully, nothing very serious.  

• Love 2

Why is Eddie running the show?  Funny, we never heard from the first officer in previous seasons!  He's not the captain, he's not the bosun, he's still an insufferable prick, yet he's the STAR.  Ugh!

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Captain Dean is trying to beat Captain Sandy in the micromanaging department. That picnic set up at the end was just wow.  I wanted to tell him to go back to the bridge where he belongs.  Please Captain Lee. Hurry up and arrive.   Poor Eddie!

Captain Dean is also trying to out do Sandy in the camera hogging department.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
55 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

In general, the guy is a complete weirdo.

He is odd, I’ll grant you that…but in this franchise odd and drama are good. Capt. Sean technically is one heck of a skipper. I believe Capt. Lee recommended him for the delivery and this temp gig too. He holds two Master Capt. licenses both motor and sailing for larger vessels than this even. As long as he doesn’t start clicking metal balls together I’m good with him…at least for a few more episodes ;)

Edited by aqusdealer
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I have no idea, but 20 minutes of Captain Sean is enough for me.  You’re going to fire everyone as temporary captain?  Mkay.

I'll have to differ here, but I like Captain Sean. I like Captain Lee, but he's been absent for several episodes over two seasons.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Yes, it's apparent Captain Sean has never seen any episodes of Below Deck, or he would know that the captain stays in the wheelhouse most of the time, except to make occasional appearances as a dinner guest.  Even Cap'n Sandy's past micromanaging can't compare to Captain Sean's participation!  It's funny how his help is actually making more work for Eddie.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

OMG everything about him is so annoying and he looks like a weasel.  I hope he isn’t auditioning for a permanent position? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Chef Rachel holds a grudge against Eddie for a few but true comments about her foul mouthed, drunken bad behavior at the beach restaurant  that embarrassed herself, the boat and camera crew filming her.

Frazer's under his breath muttering will be more entertaining that comes out of his chief stew, Heather's bossy disorganized gob.

Keep Frazer's mic turned up to 10, sound guy!

Flying, the wind blowing pillows and cushions off the boat will be a pain to the deck crew all season.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree - I immediately thought that Captain Sean must have done some pre-appearance prep work and watched early seasons of the wrong Below Deck!  I wanted to smack him from my couch - "Just delay the guests another 1/2 hour???"  Is he friggin' kidding?  I thought the main focus of a charter yacht was to keep the guests happy?  Delaying them by an hour to set up some cushions and furniture from the ship??  I can't even imagine Captain Lee setting up an umbrella, never mind a whole beach picnic set up.

Please come back soon, Captain Lee - otherwise, there might be an accident to Captain Sean, caused by Eddie! 

That big SMACK I heard was people, all over the world, smacking him from our couches.

I have no idea where all this is going but I am SO in.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

This looks to be an interesting season.  Frazer needs to dial it down a bit.  They just got on the boat and are learning how to work together as a team.  That takes time.  Give Heather a hot minute to evaluate you and Laundry Queen (can't remember her name) during the first charter.  And since you are such a stickler for the details I noticed you had no comments for yourself about leaving the trash bag in the primary's room.  I want to believe Bravo made the primary call Heather down to her room to remove the offending trash bag........naw probably not.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Maybe Heather can make a towel into a "rocket ship" for Captain Sean? 

I think Capt. Sean might be more worthy of a towel-shaped tug boat than a rocket ship. Just a guess, (not speaking from first hand knowledge!) 

I think Chief stew Heather (Big Upper Lip) is going to be a huge a$$hat to everyone. 

Rachel doesn't need to do anything but cook fabulous food. I like her for that alone. So bitch, shut up and cook. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

This looks to be an interesting season.  Frazer needs to dial it down a bit.  They just got on the boat and are learning how to work together as a team.  That takes time.  Give Heather a hot minute to evaluate you and Laundry Queen (can't remember her name) during the first charter.  And since you are such a stickler for the details I noticed you had no comments for yourself about leaving the trash bag in the primary's room.  I want to believe Bravo made the primary call Heather down to her room to remove the offending trash bag........naw probably not.

Frazer and Heather strike me as very similar to one another - two young kids who like to puff up their chests about their high standards, their impeccable attention to detail, their consummate professionalism, but it feels like they're both a bit full of hot air. Dial it down, children. You don't need to try so hard to prove you're good at your job. It's no wonder they will butt heads - they're male and female versions of each other, it seems.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Frazer and Heather strike me as very similar to one another - two young kids who like to puff up their chests about their high standards, their impeccable attention to detail, their consummate professionalism, but it feels like they're both a bit full of hot air. Dial it down, children. You don't need to try so hard to prove you're good at your job. It's no wonder they will butt heads - they're male and female versions of each other, it seems.

I was thinking this too. That they are too similar and that's why they are nipping at each other a bit. I suspect they will actually get along fine though.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3

So far my impression is that both Captain Sean and Heather are terrible managers. The former wants to micromanage every little thing and the latter is just flying by the seat of her pants. She's only 25, and has only been in yachting for five years, and she's already Chief Stew? Hmm. I don't want to say she must have slept with someone to get this job but . . . oops, I just said it anyway.

I'm going to enjoy Fraser, I can already tell. I think Jake may turn out to be a bit too wild but so far the deck crew seem okay, as does 3rd Stew Jessica. 

I want to say I can't believe they hired Rachel back, but then again, of course I can because she brings the !drama!

I still like the Sailing Yacht captain best (Glenn?). Even over Lee. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Chef Rachel holds a grudge against Eddie for a few but true comments about her foul mouthed, drunken bad behavior at the beach restaurant  that embarrassed herself, the boat and camera crew filming her

I thought the same thing.  No mention of her embarrassing drunken behavior?  All the staff was thinking it while watching her, Eddie was just the one who was most vocal about it.

I wonder what Captain Sandy thought about Sean's request to stall the guests for 30 minutes.  I doubt even she would do that.

I get Captain Sean wanting to help, but let the deck crew handle it and then step in if needed.  Micromanaging is never a good thing and won't get you fans.

It seemed very chaotic for a first episode and charter.  The boat usually seems to have at least 2-3 days to prepare the boat, but the guests arrived at 3 pm the next day.  And didn't they want a big dinner and event for the same evening?  It doesn't seem like a lot of time to prepare.  No wonder Heather was stressed.  It's kind of early for Fraser to be so pissy and snotty about Heather.  His muttering under his breath reminds me of Lexi from Below Deck Med which isn't a good thing.  He's been yachting for only two years, but seems like a huge know it all.  However, why isn't Jessica able to help whoever is cleaning cabins and then go back to laundry?  At least until they get into a groove.    

Looks like we're back to lots of sexy time which was nonexistent on the just ended Below Deck Med.  I hope there's a segway of some sort instead of just going right into threesomes.

I love Eddie.  

• Love 6

I smiled a bit at a shot when they were unloading provisions in the galley. It was obvious to me that there were 3 or 4 plastic containers of Sabra hummus. Now I'm something of a fan of that particular brand, and it's sure easier than making it myself (which I've also done), but it cracks me up that on a high end yacht you'd get the same thing your next door neighbor would throw on the coffee table if you drop in on them :)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

French???  He sounded like a Brit to me.

Poster must be thinking of Whitney Thor's "French Man," who actually sounds Moroccan.

21 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I smiled a bit at a shot when they were unloading provisions in the galley. It was obvious to me that there were 3 or 4 plastic containers of Sabra hummus. Now I'm something of a fan of that particular brand, and it's sure easier than making it myself (which I've also done), but it cracks me up that on a high end yacht you'd get the same thing your next door neighbor would throw on the coffee table if you drop in on them :)

Pretty sure that's for the crew mess pantry; they're also big on Pringles and those Big Bowl ramen noodles (chef "Beef Cheeks" was spotted dining on some).

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I didn't notice the hummus, but we've also seen other basic, everyday pantry/fridge staples for quick help loaded in to the boat in previous seasons.  

43 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Pretty sure that's for the crew mess pantry; they're also big on Pringles and those Big Bowl ramen noodles (chef "Beef Cheeks" was spotted dining on some).

I was thinking the same.  I would imagine if the guests wanted hummus, Rachel would be able to whip up some homemade pretty quickly.  It's a fairly easy recipe, and very adaptable for personal touches and add-ins.

• Love 4

And since you are such a stickler for the details I noticed you had no comments for yourself about leaving the trash bag in the primary's room.

In Fraser's defense he was trying to focus on turndown and Heather kept interrupting him and calling him up for service. Easy to forget where you left off. 

That said, I thought he was being overly obsequious to the point of sarcasm the next day trying to communicate with Heather about  . . . their lack of communication. 

• Love 5

In previous seasons we've seen a stew swap back and forth between turn downs and service during dinners since both things need to be done while the guests are out of their cabins.  I assume if you had more stews on a bigger boat, one could be dedicated to housekeeping exclusively, but when there are only three there'd have to be a lot of back and forth to get it all done in the same time frame.  Maybe Fraser can't count?

Those deck crew boys seem like trouble.  I feel bad for Eddie. 

• Love 5