Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: I Wanna Be A Pirate

• Start Topic

Ethan and Olivia go camping with Micah and Moriah, but navigating their marital issues makes things a bit awkward for the group; Lydia struggles to stop texting her special friend, which puts her in the hot seat with Kim and Barry for the first time.

Original air date: 10/26/2021

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Ethan and Olivia go camping with Micah and Moriah, but navigating their marital issues makes things a bit awkward for the group; Lydia struggles to stop texting her special friend, which puts her in the hot seat with Kim and Barry for the first time.

Original air date: 10/26/2021

She'll be off the "hot seat" within a matter of seconds. She will tell Kim and Barry that God told her that they were right, she'll go do the dishes, mop the floors, and the rest of her parental duties (not sure how she inherited them all while Kim sits back and does nothing), and all will be right again. I don't feel sorry for her though. Lydia's undying loyalty to the teachings of the Holy Mother and Grinnin' Barry have earned her the position she obviously craves so much.

• Love 9

“She wins as always.”  Ethan sounded very resentful. He seems to be keeping score.  I think the moment Olivia told Ethan they wouldn’t be sharing a tent, his countenance changed.  Hence his bad mood.  Lydia talking to “the sky” was creepy as heck.  However, she has the most beautiful blue eyes.

• Love 3

I don’t even know where to begin with Lydia and her “taking correction” from Barry and Kim. It’s just so f*cked up. She’s seventeen not seven and they’re acting like she needs the scarlet letter for texting with her friend who is a boy. SHE DID NOTHING WRONG. She is entitled to some privacy.

I really liked the beginning of the camping trip and had a chuckle because the tent setting went exactly how 95% of tent settings go when it’s a group activity. They handled the conflict well and Ethan got the space he needed to do his thing while the others went and did their thing. Then they all came back together and sorted it out. It made me really happy to see them taking in Acadia and running around having fun. 

Moriah seems like a real dipshit but I think she was just so happy that she was silly happy. She’s a sweet girl. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I feel so badly for Lydia.  Made to feel so wracked with guilt over texting a boy at 17!   This is normal behavior, asshole parents.  They're so proud that they have one child (so far) that they can completely control as a teen/adolescent/young adult.  They think she likes correction?  She's a freaking mess!  

Previews looks like some of the kids are moving to Tampa!  Good for them, but I hate Moriah's purple hair.  I love a streak of color, but that was 😲

• Love 9

Jesus, where do I even start? The dressing down for texting a boy was so fucked up. Kim's obsession with no communication except in person is so controlling and makes zero sense. But this whole Lydia thing really went sideways when she went singing to God as she tripped through the meadow...That? Was the single most fucked up shit I've seen on TV in a very long time. It also felt super producer driven and exploitative of a child. Screw TLC.

I'm glad they didn't linger on the 'let's get a room' thing too much. And it was so nice to see Ethan smiling and laughing and happy again.

It was really touching to see and hear Ethan, Moriah and Micah's reactions to the ocean. Less so Olivia because she's been traveling around the country for her work alot. But to see how desperately in need they are of freedom and space away from their parents...that was both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Heartwarming because they realize that they can make their lives whatever they want them to be, and heartbreaking at how the most basic stuff is so foreign to them because of their repressive, controlling, psycho mother. I say mother and not parents because Barry is a little worm who would do whatever Kim says.

Lastly, I kept hoping that when they were on the rocks together they'd decide to all move to California together and start a new life out there.

And because it can't be said enough, FUCK ALL THE WAY OFF KIM, you shitty parent, fat-assed, cud-chewing heifer.

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

In the last episode, Lydia said that she used her mother’s phone to text her “special friend.” In this episode, Kim specifically said that Lydia has her own phone. And it was pretty stupid to forbid her from taking her cell phone with her to work. What if she had an emergency? There are ways to restrict access and still allow her to use the phone, you dolts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

Did anyone catch Kim saying that they asked Lydia and the "young man" not to text and that "THEY" said they wouldn't, but "THEY" lied to us? Is Kim seriously so delusional that she thinks she can tell other people's kids what to do? Wait....of course she is. 

Kim:
"Micah and Moriah have made us question our parenting, so it's nice to have a child who you can correct and welcomes the correction." 
TRANSLATION
"It's nice to have a child who thinks that I'm always right and wouldn't dare question me. For if she does, she knows that I won't let her be in charge of the computer password and the other powers that I have bestowed upon her for letting me go balls deep in her life."

Lydia's entire conversation/song with God in the field was weird. Absolutely bizarre. It's worrisome that Kim and Barry have convinced her that texting a boy without their permission somehow separates her from God.

Curious about the preview for next week in which Micah is "gone." Hopefully he doesn't give in and run home to Nazi Kim and Grinnin' Barry.

• Love 16

It was sickening how happy Kim was that she could “correct” Lydia and break her spirit even more. Lydia and this boy were texting not running drugs and corrupting her younger sisters. 
Kim has learned absolutely nothing after destroying the relationships with 3 of her children and seems intent on ultimately damaging Lydia until she breaks completely and stays home or runs away.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

It was sickening how happy Kim was that she could “correct” Lydia and break her spirit even more. Lydia and this boy were texting not running drugs and corrupting her younger sisters. 
Kim has learned absolutely nothing after destroying the relationships with 3 of her children and seems intent on ultimately damaging Lydia until she breaks completely and stays home or runs away.

Yep. Her comment about Lydia "welcoming correction" spoke volumes. Lydia didn't welcome the correction, she simply gave into it. If there's ever been a modern-day example of Stockholm Syndrome, it's Lydia. Maybe she should have staggered around the field and talked to God about her own mental health.

• Love 15

Lydia walked away from that conversation thinking that she was wrong to text the friend, that somehow just communicating with him was bad.  The only thing she actually did wrong was in telling her parents she wouldn't text him and then texting him anyway.

As I listen to Lydia, I feel as though I hear an unwavering belief that her parents are always correct and that no matter how she feels, she knows that she must convince herself that they are correct.  If she has any inkling that maybe she wants something that they goes against their beliefs, her job is to remind herself that she is wrong and they are right and it is her responsibility to change.

I'm a little surprised that others were so put off by Lydia having a conversation with God in the meadow and that Lydia chose to sing a song to give her strength.  I realize not everyone's faith life is the same.  Some people prefer to pray in churches or pray silently.  I do those things, as well.  But when I'm really upset about something or something huge is going on in my life or I have a big decision to make, I do find talking out loud to be really helpful.  I usually do it as I'm driving down the interstate (and no one can see or hear me), but  meadow works.  My thing is, I'm only talking to God out loud if I'm alone! 

But really, don't most of us find a good song and crank up the volume if we're upset?  Be honest, you know you've screamed the lyrics to "I Will Survive" after a tough breakup or fight!

• Love 11

I blame TLC both for filming something that should be private like Lydia praying and then showing it and encouraging people to mock her. Kim and Barry are horrible people and have learned nothing from the estrangement of their older children. 
The show is also trying too hard to make us think Olivia and Ethan are having huge blowups  when it is a minor disagreement at best. I do find Olivia kind of bossy towards everyone and wish she could just enjoy their company without feeling like she has to be in charge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, charmed1 said:

In the last episode, Lydia said that she used her mother’s phone to text her “special friend.” In this episode, Kim specifically said that Lydia has her own phone. And it was pretty stupid to forbid her from taking her cell phone with her to work. What if she had an emergency? There are ways to restrict access and still allow her to use the phone, you dolts. 

I got whiplash from this episode.  First there was this discrepancy about the phones that you mention.  I thought Lydia had her own phone in the past.  I thought it was her phone that Kim initially looked at a few episodes ago and complained about the texting.  Then last week Lydia says her mom lets her use her (mom's) phone when she goes to her house cleaning job.  Now this week the reference is to Lydia's phone.  I wonder if Kim took away Lydia's phone for a while so Lydia used her mom's phone and then she got her own phone back but "misused" it to text the boy she likes.  

Also in this episode Lydia says she will be late to work.  This means she has another job in addition to being a maid for her parents' rental properties.  So maybe she is working at the place Ethan used to go to to work on his car/trucks.

I really hate when they show a plot line with minor children.  This scene where they are "correcting" Lydia was very awkward.  I hate the parents for allowing it to be filmed.

9 hours ago, gingerella said:

But this whole Lydia thing really went sideways when she went singing to God as she tripped through the meadow...That? Was the single most fucked up shit I've seen on TV in a very long time. It also felt super producer driven and exploitative of a child. Screw TLC.

Do these parents have no control over what TLC shows when it comes to the minor children?  We already knew Lydia wondered around the yard talking to God, but that singing took it into a different level.  I actually believe she does sing in place of prayer, but I doubt she does it loudly in a field like she is in the Sound of Music.   I was unfamiliar with what she was singing, and I wasn't impressed by her voice.

We are old, and we are unlikely to tent camp again.  I hate camping in the rain so I would have looked for a hotel for that first night. It may have been that the weather forecast was for clear weather for the rest of the stay.  I enjoyed their visit to the ocean.

I think Moriah tends to go to extremes.  Her blonde/black hair combo just looked messy and now she has overdone the purple hair.   the teaser for next week has the older kids moving to Tampa which is about 4 hours se of Cairo so at least Kim can't drop in for a visit.   I wonder how Lydia and Isaac will do without the older kids nearby.

I would like to stay at the lodge at Wakulla park.  I think the water stays at 70 degrees all year.  It isn't the coldest spring I have been in.

• Love 3

For me the f*cked up part about Lydia praying and singing in the field is that her parents convinced her that by texting her special friend, she'd done something terribly wrong and had betrayed God. I don't have a problem with the praying and singing at all, but I have a massive problem with Barry and Kim compelling their 17-year old daughter who is practically an adult to repent for something that otherwise would have been considered normal and healthy behavior. 

My guess is that "Lydia's phone" is probably Kim's old phone that was given to Lydia with the understanding that it was still Kim's and Kim retained the right to check the phone at any time. I'm confident that Lydia's texting probably started out innocently enough with a few texts here and there and turned into full blown all-day conversations. People, that is NORMAL, especially for a teenager. 

It makes my heart hurt that this girl seemingly has no friends and access to the one friend she does have is so restricted that she has been conditioned to believe communicating with him is a bad life choice. Okay sure, the only thing she did wrong is she continued to text with him when she said she wouldn't, because Barry and Kim didn't want her interacting with him unless it was something they could physically supervise, but is that really disobedience and an error in judgment? 

Oh - I liked Moriah's purple hair! I thought the cut was super cute. I would never choose something like that for myself but I love it for her. She should be able to make those choices for herself and I love that she does. 

• Love 11

I'm confused. By the different bathing suits the girls were wearing while jumping into the lake(?) - Lydia was shorts/t-shirt style, one of the little girls was in a one-piece, another was in a two-piece with a bit of belly showing, and one was in a proper two-piece. I was under the impression this family was super modest, but I guess not when it comes to girls' bathing suits. Which is fine. But confusing.

I do not understand the whole thing with Lydia's "special friend". She is 17, not 7. We know she won't be heading off to university next year as Kim doesn't see the point, so isn't her goal - and her parents' goal for her - marriage? If they object to Lydia and the boy texting because they can't really get to know each other via text, then why haven't they invited him to visit before now? She likes him, he likes her, and if they believe Lydia's entire purpose is to get married and have babies, then why not see where this relationship could go? Don't they want her to get married and settled before she breaks away as her siblings have done? (Note, this is not what I would want for her. I'd want her to go off to school for 4 years, have some fun, meet all sorts of people, and figure out who she is.)

• Love 10

I assume Kim wants to keep Lydia around for awhile as housekeeper/babysitter. Then there is always the chance that once married, Lydia will move away and not be under her thumb. I think the bathing suits are new and only to prove that Kim and Barry are “progressive “. If you look at old videos /photos you can see they dressed fundie style. 

• Love 7

I'm not sure how I could be simultaneously bored and angry about the same storyline, but congrats TLC.  I really don't care about Lydia and her 'special friend', but the way Barry and Kim (mis)handled the whole situation was infuriating.  They would rather have two teenagers who don't live anywhere near each other meet face to face and get to know each other that way rather than via text messages (or heaven forbid, talking on the phone) first?  Oh-kayyyyy then.  That's backwards as hell, especially when the only way you get to know someone is if you're 'courting'.  Apologies if I have this wrong. but I don't feel like re-watching at all.  And Lydia being thankful for her parents' reprimand, thinking that it must be a sign from God to not pursue anything with her friend?  I think my eyes rolled all the way to the back of my head.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Yep. Her comment about Lydia "welcoming correction" spoke volumes. Lydia didn't welcome the correction, she simply gave into it. If there's ever been a modern-day example of Stockholm Syndrome, it's Lydia.

Well, not only that, but I think Kim and Barry have mastered the "good cop, bad cop" routine.  Although when we see it, it looks more like "not as bad cop, bad cop."  Lydia went to her dad to ask if the "boyfriend" could visit.  Had she gone to her mom, it would have been a loud "no."  But having accepted correction, she will probably be denied phone privileges for the next year. 

I wish I could see her escaping when she turns 18.  She doesn't seem to be curious about the outside world so I don't see her heading to Tampa to join Moriah and/or Ethan and Olivia.  She seems stuck.  I think Isaac will flee as soon as he is old enough.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think Isaac will flee as soon as he is old enough.

Isaac does give the impression that he knows how to play the game.  He knows what his parents want, and he's willing to comply, at least for now.  It's hard to know which route he's going to take, but I don't see him having the same opinion as Lydia.  Lydia, it seems, see it as her responsibility to train herself to agree with her parents.  It concerns me that she seems to think that questioning them or disagreeing with them is somehow sinful.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I also found it interesting when Moriah spoke about going camping with the family before, she said it was nice this time that she wasn't stuck changing diapers. 

Ok, first of all your profile pic and name literally made me LOL, so thanks for that.

And yes, I caught that comment too. Doesn't really surprise me since Kim seems to assign all of the household duties to the children. I'm sure the queen dare not come down from her throne to do the peasant work.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Isaac does give the impression that he knows how to play the game.  He knows what his parents want, and he's willing to comply, at least for now. 

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think Isaac will flee as soon as he is old enough.

I agree. Isaac’s definitely playing the long con lol. I remember Micah saying that Isaac and Ethan are very close. All the younger kids seem to really look up to Ethan and the small girls seem to adore Moriah. If the older kids move to Tampa, I think Isaac will be especially motivated to spring free from Plathville.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, camom said:

I don't think Tampa is far enough away from Kim.

I don't either.  It is about 4-4 and a half hours away. so it is about an hour farther than Atlanta.   I would have liked them to head to either New Orleans or Charleston if they wanted to stay far away but remain in the south.  At least Kim won't be dropping by or stalking them on a daily basis.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I agree. Isaac’s definitely playing the long con lol. I remember Micah saying that Isaac and Ethan are very close. All the younger kids seem to really look up to Ethan and the small girls seem to adore Moriah. If the older kids move to Tampa, I think Isaac will be especially motivated to spring free from Plathville.

Kim also referenced once that Isaac really looked up to Ethan, and that it was an issue for her. I'm sure she will work overtime making sure that Isaac hates Ethan before he becomes of age.

1 hour ago, camom said:

I don't think Tampa is far enough away from Kim.

I'm not sure Jupiter is far enough away from Kim.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, scorp01 said:

That's backwards as hell, especially when the only way you get to know someone is if you're 'courting'. 

This "courting" must be with the ever-present duena aka Mommie Dearest.   I assume Kim reads the various comments/criticisms of her and simply KNOWS we're so wrong and she's SO RIGHT!  She even has fans here.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

This "courting" must be with the ever-present duena aka Mommie Dearest.   I assume Kim reads the various comments/criticisms of her and simply KNOWS we're so wrong and she's SO RIGHT!  She even has fans here.

I've often hoped that Kim lurks on this site, as I know it'll probably be my only chance to ever let her know what I think. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Twopper said:

At least Kim won't be dropping by or stalking them on a daily basis.  

And she won't have any spies to tell her what's going on, either.  This woman is the worst.  Seriously.  All the kids would do well to be away from her and Barry - he's utterly worthless as a parent.  No redeeming qualities in either one of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Interesting that Barry actually said that they believe in courtship and so, if Lydia gets to know this guy better, it means they will be getting married shortly and that, at 17, she is too young for marriage. That there is no reason for her to have a relationship with a guy at this point in life unless she is going to marry him.  So, of course, the only answer is to refuse to allow her to have any contact with the guy.  Because allowing her to date would be a sin.  So, Lydia should just ignore her hormones for a few years and not develop any relationships with guys because that is what Jesus wants.  Such a load of BS!

• Love 9
On 10/27/2021 at 8:46 AM, JayDub1987 said:

Kim:
"Micah and Moriah have made us question our parenting, so it's nice to have a child who you can correct and welcomes the correction." 

"Micah and Moriah have made us question our parenting, and we've decided to double down on our creepy control freak tendencies."

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Lydia's conversation with God in the middle of a field made my skin crawl – and I mean that literally. Barry and Kim have spent so much time installing guilt buttons in that poor, gullible girl that she finds it necessary to apologize to the Almighty for speaking with someone of the opposite sex.

• Love 10

I have no problem with Lydia being spiritual & needing to talk to God, but I do not think the God, I talk to, would want her to feel such grief over simply texting a friend she may be interested in getting to know better.  Her World is so damned small, thanks to her Shit Gibbon parents.  How the hell else is she supposed to meet or get to know anybody?  While mother Kim, literally Piggers out on all the sugar in the house & allows none for the family, she cannot even go for a coffee & a treat with a "friend!" Lydia is definitely a strange duck (almost an adult), but not her fault. It was uncomfortable to watch her singing to God in the meadows, begging for forgiveness (for what???),  as that is ridiculous & supposed to be private & surely will not bring young men her way! UGH!!!!  

I enjoyed the rest (camping trip was fun), the other family members are gonna BREAK FREE....YEAH!!! Holy, are they ever going to enjoy experiencing the world now.  Will it be easy, nope, but nothing worth achieving is easy, it is just worth it in the end. The BarraKimba dung piles can shut their ugly gaping pie holes, from afar!  Go Go Older & former Plath slaves (Plath in law)...Go forth & Goooo Far......  

• Love 6

Acadia Natl Park really is that dramatic. When you come out of the forest to the ocean like that it literally takes your breath away. I am glad these kids got to experience it and know there is a big breathtaking world out there. 

Everything has been said about the parents, they're vile. On the Cray Cray podcast they call him SlenderBarry (Slenderman) and it is genius. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 10/27/2021 at 12:47 PM, Ziggy said:

Lydia walked away from that conversation thinking that she was wrong to text the friend, that somehow just communicating with him was bad.  The only thing she actually did wrong was in telling her parents she wouldn't text him and then texting him anyway.

As I listen to Lydia, I feel as though I hear an unwavering belief that her parents are always correct and that no matter how she feels, she knows that she must convince herself that they are correct.  If she has any inkling that maybe she wants something that they goes against their beliefs, her job is to remind herself that she is wrong and they are right and it is her responsibility to change.

I'm a little surprised that others were so put off by Lydia having a conversation with God in the meadow and that Lydia chose to sing a song to give her strength.  I realize not everyone's faith life is the same.  Some people prefer to pray in churches or pray silently.  I do those things, as well.  But when I'm really upset about something or something huge is going on in my life or I have a big decision to make, I do find talking out loud to be really helpful.  I usually do it as I'm driving down the interstate (and no one can see or hear me), but  meadow works.  My thing is, I'm only talking to God out loud if I'm alone! 

But really, don't most of us find a good song and crank up the volume if we're upset?  Be honest, you know you've screamed the lyrics to "I Will Survive" after a tough breakup or fight!

My issue with the Lydia scene is 2 fold. 

1. It should have never been filmed. Reality TV can sometimes go deep and uncomfortable and this made me feel like a voyeur. It was too private to film. 

2. When religion is used to a tool to control, manipulate and guilt people I become anti-religion. Lydia has been mentally and emotionally abused under the guise of God and religion. That is disgusting. There is no reason why Lydia should have needed to stop texting the boy and for her parents to lead her to a place where she could potentially deny her own feelings because of God is gross. Barry and Kim screwed up with their kids but I’d argue that Lydia has had it the worst. Ethan, Micah and Moriah were able to run and become their own people, meanwhile Lydia is constantly abused and beaten down so badly she doesn’t have the fight to run herself. Lydia’s mental health worries me. A lot. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

1. It should have never been filmed. Reality TV can sometimes go deep and uncomfortable and this made me feel like a voyeur. It was too private to film. 

2. When religion is used to a tool to control, manipulate and guilt people I become anti-religion. Lydia has been mentally and emotionally abused under the guise of God and religion. That is disgusting. There is no reason why Lydia should have needed to stop texting the boy and for her parents to lead her to a place where she could potentially deny her own feelings because of God is gross. Barry and Kim screwed up with their kids but I’d argue that Lydia has had it the worst. Ethan, Micah and Moriah were able to run and become their own people, meanwhile Lydia is constantly abused and beaten down so badly she doesn’t have the fight to run herself. Lydia’s mental health worries me. A lot. 

This. ALLLLLLLL of this. I know that producers want those "uncomfortable" scenes in shows like this, but gah...that was really hard to watch.

I'm also with you on your second point. I'm not anti-religion by any means. I attend church semi-regularly and believe in God. I read the Bible and all of that. However, when you use the Christian faith (or any faith for that matter) as a means to manipulate and control people, that's not a brand of Christianity that I want any part of. In fact, it's the type that my parents raised me in until we all left the church that we had attended me entire life (my uncle's brother was the pastor). It wasn't about a relationship with God, it was about living up to manmade standards. That seems to be Barry and Kim's brand of religion. In fact, I think it should be referred to as Kimtianity. 

• Love 10

My wife just watched this one to get caught up and pointed out something I hadn't considered.

A possible reason for Lydia being so quick to roll over and "welcome correction" could be the fact that Micah and Moriah got kicked out of the house for breaking the rules. There's a chance that she's actually afraid to break the rules because she works for her parents (since Kim could never clean anything) and she'd have to look for a home. 

For people who claim to espouse the virtues of a "Loving God," they sure are quick to kick their kids out of their homes. Maybe the God they serve tosses His children out the minute they sin against Him, too. 

• Love 9

A possible reason for Lydia being so quick to roll over and "welcome correction" could be the fact that Micah and Moriah got kicked out of the house for breaking the rules. There's a chance that she's actually afraid to break the rules because she works for her parents (since Kim could never clean anything) and she'd have to look for a home. 

I think the escaped siblings would probably take her in, but she would be too frightened to leave.  Lydia is emotionally very fragile.  Stockholm Syndrome really does describe her.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, camom said:

I think the escaped siblings would probably take her in, but she would be too frightened to leave.  Lydia is emotionally very fragile.  Stockholm Syndrome really does describe her.

I'm sure they would, but the concept of being kicked out at 17 and losing your source of "income" (I'd love to know if Barry and Kim actually pay her) would be scary. Throw in the fact that she'd be severed from her younger siblings, and it's enough to see that she's probably scared of retaliation. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'm sure they would, but the concept of being kicked out at 17 and losing your source of "income" (I'd love to know if Barry and Kim actually pay her) would be scary. Throw in the fact that she'd be severed from her younger siblings, and it's enough to see that she's probably scared of retaliation. 

You may have hit the nail on the head. Her younger siblings are pretty much the only “friends” she’s allowed to have without apology or guilt.

• Love 7

They ended the show setting up next week's finale with Micah 'gone' from the house.  He is featured on Select London's website, but his recent posts look like Florida. 

Do you think he has joined the Ethan & Olivia and Max & Moriah in the flight to Tampa?

And with Lydia now graduated high school will they reframe the series so that she goes with them to be Kim's eyes and to call and visit Kim to keep Kim & Barry on our screens and on the TLC payrolls?

OK so I'm starting to see things from a different angle.  Kim and Barry are nuts!  Barry acts like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders when his daughter wants to talk to him about her heart.  He is a very strange man.

Kim is all that most of you said.  Poor Lydia I wish she could move in with her brother and sister and get a small taste of the outside world.  That walk and song was spooky.

Was that Moriah with red/pink hair in the coming attractions for next week?  That color hair can be really impressive or really bad.  I only got a glance of it but it looked really bad.  Moriah is a really sweet girl but she has fashion, hair and make up taste for s...!  It's bad.

I still don't like Olivia and I'm not sure that will change.  Ethan seems to be so very resentful and not really able to express himself very well.

Hopefully counseling will help those two love birds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I still don't like Olivia and I'm not sure that will change.  Ethan seems to be so very resentful and not really able to express himself very well.

Hopefully counseling will help those two love birds.

Ethan reminds me of people I've known who say, "I hate conflict," and what they are really saying is that they are uncomfortable when disagreements occur.  I think sometimes people who say that think that they are really the good guys, the mature ones.  They are saying, "Hey, let's not fight.  Let's go out for ice cream, instead."  But that's not how life works.  Conflict exists.  People are going to have different opinions, different needs, different wants, etc. and they need to be able to talk about them and work through them.

For a few episodes there, it seemed as though anytime Olivia tried to talk to Ethan about something in which the two of them did not 100% agree, he would find a way to escape.  I think he's realizing that avoiding conflict and avoiding uncomfortable situations is really only postponing it.  But he doesn't have the tools to deal with it.  Hopefully in therapy, he will begin to learn how to deal with conflict.

I don't think Olivia is a saint, by any means.  But I do think she is genuinely trying.  I think she's a little bit better at this than Ethan.  She still has a lot to learn.  Hopefully they can learn together and grow from the experience.

• Love 7
On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Right!?!  There's a reason I sing in the car!  First, because I'm a terrible singer :-)  Second, because if I'm singing because I'm very emotional, I'm not looking for the whole world to see and hear me.  I'm clearly feeling very vulnerable and trying to find strength.  This is not something I want the world to see.

Do you ever wonder if the family (other than Barry and Kim) quite have a grasp on how much their privacy is being invaded by being on tv?

On 10/29/2021 at 8:17 AM, Loves2Dance said:

Exactly.  I'm not sure Lydia separates her parents rules/demands/opinions from God's.  When Kim first said (a few weeks ago) that Lydia was texting too much and Lydia said, "That makes sense," I wanted to scream, "No it doesn't!!!"  Just because it comes out of your mom's mouth doesn't mean it's correct.

• Love 6
On 10/26/2021 at 11:09 PM, Adeejay said:

“She wins as always.”  Ethan sounded very resentful. He seems to be keeping score.  I think the moment Olivia told Ethan they wouldn’t be sharing a tent, his countenance changed.  Hence his bad mood.  Lydia talking to “the sky” was creepy as heck.  However, she has the most beautiful blue eyes.

Last week Olivia was saying ‘wanna get a room’ to Ethan , she loves manipulating & controlling him. His ‘she wins again’ was true for everything in their life I’m sure 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:53 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

And with Lydia now graduated high school will they reframe the series so that she goes with them to be Kim's eyes and to call and visit Kim to keep Kim & Barry on our screens and on the TLC payrolls?

• Lydia can't go!  Who will do all the cooking, cleaning, and watching "the little girls" at home?
  • She is allowed "free time" only for her "approved" prayer closet and walking outside praying, crying, singing to God--as long as all chores are completed.
  • Who will clean ALL the rental units between tenants (probably often...like AirBnb)?
  • Kim doesn't have time for any of this; she's busy running ruining everyone's life.
30 minutes ago, DNR said:

Last week Olivia was saying ‘wanna get a room’ to Ethan, she loves manipulating & controlling him.

Ethan doesn't have a mind of his own?  If Ethan won't explain what he wants or needs, there's no one to blame but himself.

Olivia has only the power that others give her.  Sadly, in their two years of marriage, she has had to make a lot of decisions that Ethan should have made himself...or given his opinion.  We've seen his temper; he's capable of making his wants/needs known.  He has to unlearn much of the damage of his formative years.  It can be done.

• Love 7