Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E09: Could this be love?

• Start Topic

As our five pairs of married strangers enter their third week of marriage, one couple contemplates using the "L word" while the other four do anything they can to ignite a fire between them.

Airs Wednesday Sep 15th at 8PM EDT, at which time the topic will unlock for comments.

As usual, this is a spoiler-free topic; if it did not happen yet on the show, please do not discuss.

OK then, 20 minutes in and no comments yet? Since it is not on in AZ for 2 1/2 hours, I always read here first before deciding whether to watch. Not looking good so far!

ETA- I am trying to figure out which of these couples could be close to using the "L" word and can't even imagine any of them. Oh, I guess Rachel and Jose might think they want to say it, even though neither of them really feels it.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3

Michaela is totally clueless about how bad her behavior is.  Zach tries to explain to her that her bad behavior during disagreements is not acceptable and she doesn’t see the problem. It’s somehow Zachs’ fault that she is a hurricane if she doesn’t get her way.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 19

What's Johnny's (really, Autocorrect? You thought I was going to say Johnnycake? 🙄) problem? He doesn't want Bao to take what he says seriously? Especially since he keeps talking about how he "isn't there yet" or "hasn't felt the spark"? Bao's Serious Conversation approach strikes Johnnycake as repetitive and unnecessary, but what is she supposed to do when her husband constantly complains about their marriage?

Apparently, I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't see the appeal of Goat Yoga. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 14

Apparently, I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't see the appeal of Goat Yoga. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't explain it but sweet Moses, those goats were adorable. I've never done goat yoga but I have bottle fed a baby goat and it was incredible. I might have enjoyed it more than feeding a baby human. 

I agree with Jose about the toothpaste.  Squeeze from the bottom!

Agreed but it's great to resolve it by just having separate tubes of toothpaste.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Nope I am right there with you.  I don’t need animals during yoga 

Jose-  quit worrying about Rachel’s toothpaste. you’ve got your own. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Was that a coat Bao was wearing inside?

2 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I can't explain it but sweet Moses, those goats were adorable. I've never done goat yoga but I have bottle fed a baby goat and it was incredible. I might have enjoyed it more than feeding a baby human. 

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd ever try goat yoga, and I've never held one, but those goats were adorable.

• Love 3

I’m still stuck back in Zack’s bee analogy! 
Seriously though, Jose is pissing me off with his whole “I don’t listen” so you have to tell me twice. 
I can’t believe he would be that woman with kids for four years. Thinking only of the kids, if he knows he can never accept them as his kids and doesn’t want to be a parental figure then he should have ditched long ago.

So far, this episode is a yawn. 

ETA: the only yoga I’d want to try is with baby goats.  That looks so fun. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Seriously though, Jose is pissing me off with his whole “I don’t listen” so you have to tell me twice. 

I haven't seen it yet, but that reminds me of a man I spent time with who told me once that he figured that he only listened to about 30% of what I had to say. He said it so matter-of-factly that my jaw just dropped and I was speechless. I think he was a bigger jerk than Jose, though.

• Love 3

Johnny, you’re a grown ass man, for fuck’s sake. No mature person needs to be constantly revealing his/her emotions every five seconds or asking one’s partner, “What do you think about me?” Because he really doesn’t care how Bao feels. It’s The Johnny Show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

WTH am I watching?! Johnny is a bully on the edge she can’t stand one minute, to doing the dirty with the next? I must have missed a scene where he redeems himself, because that Q&A was not it. And that crap about ask me, ask me now, just to strike back at her. What a child. 

IMO, all the men this season are damaged (except the FireFighter).  That’s why you single bro!  And dude with big boob girl, wants a hot girl, but he ain’t hot at all. Also, that ain’t love after 24hrs with the chicks before. 

Edited by pwdrpuff
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Michaela is totally clueless about how bad her behavior is.  Zach tries to explain to her that her bad behavior during disagreements is not acceptable and she doesn’t see the problem. It’s somehow Zachs’ fault that she is a hurricane if she doesn’t get her way.  

I think Zach is WAY too intense and totally out of control and I think she was clueless to how strange he can be.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Oh now Zach wants to do anything to make it work I thought he was stung and done?  I give up! (don't know how I got italics lol)

OMG these guys..... looking at you now Johnny...they think way too much about = themselves!

• Love 5

It was nice of Jose and Rachel to host the bbq but those are some cheap paper plates.

Shut up Gil.  You are not as funny as you seem to think you are.   

Uh oh, Johnny just committed a grammar sin:  "Bao and I's relationship."

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, pwdrpuff said:

MAF US is the worst of the bunch. They should take notes from Australia and NZ, and maybe even GB.

I haven't seen MAFS in those other countries but would love to, not sure they're available here (Canada) where do you watch them?  Do you have a cc powderpuff dog? 

• Love 2

Myrla saying it was nice to be invited to Jose’s house but she wouldn’t ever come back “because as an introvert, she doesn’t go to peoples’ houses.”  That was such an odd peek into how she is wired. (And I’m an introvert, so I feel like of all people, I would understand if I could.) And then she had to add the barb about the house being in the middle of nowhere. Not a good look. Dang, my appreciation for her had been growing but ugh!

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 24
4 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Michaela can’t even boil water?  And she had no clue about how much draining is too much?  

I think she might learn, I didn't really get into cooking until I had someone to cook for.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, endure said:

I haven't seen MAFS in those other countries but would love to, not sure they're available here (Canada) where do you watch them?  Do you have a cc powderpuff dog? 

I side load Kodi & unlock my tv on my Firestick. Also, try dailymotion. GTS!

I really think Marla’s hang up with Gil, is that she not attracted to the bald head I guess.  Girl is just not feeling it now, and will probably will never feel it.

• Love 5

So hate me if you must but goats smell bad and those baby goats had some really creepy eyes!

Johnny barely got two bites in before she started!  That Salmon looked good too!

Gil…it’s over…actually it never really started. 

Jose just shut up and listen. Yes she cheated but if you couldn’t get over two little kids after four years…you’ll never get over cheating. 

Ryan yo!  Look at her boobs, look at her boobs and you’ll fall in love!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I agree with Jose about the toothpaste.  Squeeze from the bottom!

Or have each one have their own toothpaste and squeeze however they want!   Are they doing that now?  And is each using their own tube of toothpaste? If so, Jose needs to chill out, big time.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I don't want to do goat yoga; I just want to spend an hour cuddling the baby goats!

• Love 18
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

EXACTLY.   I hate the way she gets furious and screams and rants. Just because that's the way she is, doesn't mean that it's good. I have a feeling that's why she hasn't married so far. I don't think most guys would like it.  I imagine her breakups have had to do with too many ugly fights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Can you even begin to imagine living with Jose in 15 years when he becomes ‘set in his ways’!

He’s impossible right now!

He’s a total queen. There ain’t anything wrong being gay, but for Hispanics, it’s a dirty word.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Gil giving advice to Brett and he can't even get a fucking kiss from his wife. 🙄

Unbelievable!  Truth be told, I don't think anyone should be giving relationship advice, because none of them has an ideal situation.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Jose and the baby goat wipes away anything negative  about him (even the toothpaste tube weirdness).

I've decided I can't stand Johnny and his "spark" talk. 

Brett, girl, hear me out: It's the guy who should be writing 100 cards of what he likes about you. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13