Type keyword(s) to search

S9E14: A Day Late and a Dollar Short

druzy
  • Start Topic

Heading into her third trimester, Cheyenne needs Cory to help out more with Ryder but he has other plans; Catelynn is hesitant but Tyler wants to try ketamine therapy; Mackenzie and her family celebrate her late mother's birthday.

Airs September 14, 2021

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maci my god stop asking Bentley about his therapy on camera.  Her storyline is disgusting, this should not be for public consumption.  

“So you don’t want to see Ryan so you don’t want to see Ryan so you don’t want to see Ryan?????????”

Leave him alone!  He said he didn’t even think of that.. so why the F are you asking him over and over??

• Love 16

Because I cannot say this often enough: If you want better parents for your kids, then pick better people to procreate with.  YOU chose them, you have to deal with them. 

Cory's 'job' is The Challenge. It's super stupid for a grown man with kids but Cheyenne knew this going in.  And her 'job' is Teen Mom. So she understands the game.  As an outsider non-MTV mooch I am totally irritated watching them argue the point but whatever.

I hope Bentley writes a tell all book someday.  His parents (both of them) are the worst.

Well not the worst, because Amber sits on that perch all by herself.  I wish she would get off the cross because we need the wood.  Honestly.

I love Mackenzie's dad and I wish him all the best in the world and he seems like he was/is an amazing dad and I am sorry that his wife is gone, he really misses her. All that said, I am ff'g through the continuing saga of 'My Dead Mother' this season. I am literally starting to grind my teeth during Mac's segments.

Cate and Tyler have their issues but at least they came by them honestly. I cannot wish them ill or (mostly) snark on them. As for the girl babies problem, I don't blame Tyler for wanting a boy. That doesn't mean he loves his girls any less but when it's still hypothetical it's okay to have a desire. It's once you get the final results that you need to shift to happy and grateful mode.  My dad had four girls and no boys (I was his last chance poor fellow) but he doted on me to no end and I know he would have loved to have a son but it wasn't in the cards. There's nothing wrong with that. He was a wonderful father to me.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Just to be clear, the ages of the 'teen moms' we are watching act like children are:

29    Catelynn Baltierra

30    Maci Bookout McKinney

31   Amber Portwood

28, almost 29  Cheyenne Floyd

26. almost 27   Mackenzie McKee

To my knowledge, none of the above have ever had to wake up every morning and go to work just to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves and their children.  So they remain children, and will probably still be sniveling and whining about their domestic situations ten years from now.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Is there a more lame AF bunch of fucking people on TV? 

Nope.

Someone needs to knock some sense into Amber and give her some real talk because the longer she wallows in self-pity, the longer it will be before Leah agrees to see her. She keeps focusing on going to jail to save her life, which Leah likely remembers very little about since she was so young. It's the many years you prioritized men over your child that she remembers, you stupid bitch.

Makenzie: I'm truly sorry for your loss, but you got anything else to give us?

Tyler: Ketamine therapy? Really, dude? 

Macy should be shamed at the town center for putting her child's personal issues on blast on national television. Also, did Bentley say he doesn't want to see his grandparents? I may have missed something because I turn to my phone when she and Mackenzie are on. Does he have to make his own play dates with them?

Ryan is a gross sloth and that woman is going to regret hitching her wagon to his deadbeat ass.

Cheyenne is a whiny bore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Agree, but they only remain on the air because enough people continue to watch. Which are more lame? 🤣

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Assessing the dearth of comments, I'm thinking either the show is as boring as I think it is, or a lot of people picked "therapy" as their drinking game word and they're still too drunk to post.

Hopefully this means fewer are watching this mess!

Maybe Bentley can get together with Aubree in a few years to write a book together. 😆

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Speaking of ratings (which are slipping), The Ashley reported that producers are putting together a Real Housewives style get-together, with cast members from each series participating, in an effort to boost interest:

The Ashley hears that the premise of the special show will be to bring girls from the shows together at some sort of health retreat, where they will stay together in a hotel or spa setting, discuss their issues and hopefully renew interest in the sinking franchise.

“The producers are hoping that, by putting girls who never work together in the same setting, it will be interesting,” one source tells The Ashley. “They are thinking the girls will do ‘healing exercises’ together like sound therapy, etc. and maybe group therapy.”

Hopefully, their treatment options will include ketamine therapy, administered by the all-knowing Tyler Baltierra.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/08/30/exclusive-teen-mom-producers-bringing-cast-members-from-all-three-teen-mom-shows-together-for-new-special-show-get-all-the-details

Update:  Hostilities erupted the first day of the get-together.  

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/09/15/trouble-at-the-teen-mom-retreat-spinoff-the-dejesus-sisters-jade-cline-face-off-with-ashley-jones-exclusive-details/

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • LOL 5
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Actually, there are many: "Young and Pregnant," "Unexpected," the 90 day fiance franchise. People with average or above average intelligence and financial resources do not sell their lives to national TV. The producers have a knack for finding the weakest link in these families to exploit, and they are not above editing or manipulating story lines to do so.

Sad to admit I am a junkie for these shows. They keep me humble, I guess. We have had our share of family drama, but it never came close to what I see on these shows.

My biggest concern is for these kids. It's bad enough that they have to live through all the extreme drama, but then try living a "normal" life when there are people out there that know your story. I believe most of the children do not watch the show now, but what happens when they are of age and see how their stories played out on national television. If they are not mired down in mental health issues, I would expect some lawsuits to be forthcoming.

• Love 9

I just about hurled when Maci asked Bently if his friends from school know he's seeing a therapist.  W H A T!

Do these women know nothing?  Of course school kids are watching this nonsense every week and their parents are glued to it and discussing it and the kids are listening.  Bentley's life is like a marathon.

Bentley and Leah really got the short end of the parent stick.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, salvame said:

Sad to admit I am a junkie for these shows. They keep me humble, I guess. We have had our share of family drama, but it never came close to what I see on these shows.

They keep me arrogant, when I compare myself to the people on these shows.

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Yes there is.  The group following this show.  I think it's Young and Pregnant.  Now that one's a ball buster.  lol

I thought the same thing, at first, but realized the people on Young and Pregnant aren't really lame, like the people on this show.  The Y&P people are noxious and disturbed and stupid.  The ones on this show, absent Amber (who is disturbed), are lame because they've either slowed to a stop or continue to make the same bad decisions they've been making for 10 years.  That's lame. 

The girl on Y&P who said, "Co-parenting with someone in prison is hard," referring to her baby daddy X'Zayveon?  That's not lame.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

Ryan’s hands were filthy! That’s all I got this time.  After he finished the pizza and was petting dog he held up his hand and it looked like he had been out working in the garden. Really yucky.  

Not only were his hands dirty, his clothing was rumpled and the cuffs were dirty. He looked high AF. He's a mess and of course he never continued with therapy...he doesn't really care about Bentley....he just uses him to stick it to Maci. And Maci uses Bentley's " unfortunate neglected son of an addict" to stick it to Ryan. Bentley isn't being served well by any of the adults in his life. The brave and unselfish thing to do is for Maci to quit the show and allow this poor child to have a private life and a healthy adolescence. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Because I cannot say this often enough: If you want better parents for your kids, then pick better people to procreate with.  YOU chose them, you have to deal with them. 

Cory's 'job' is The Challenge. It's super stupid for a grown man with kids but Cheyenne knew this going in.  And her 'job' is Teen Mom. So she understands the game.  As an outsider non-MTV mooch I am totally irritated watching them argue the point but whatever.

I hope Bentley writes a tell all book someday.  His parents (both of them) are the worst.

Well not the worst, because Amber sits on that perch all by herself.  I wish she would get off the cross because we need the wood.  Honestly.

I love Mackenzie's dad and I wish him all the best in the world and he seems like he was/is an amazing dad and I am sorry that his wife is gone, he really misses her. All that said, I am ff'g through the continuing saga of 'My Dead Mother' this season. I am literally starting to grind my teeth during Mac's segments.

Cate and Tyler have their issues but at least they came by them honestly. I cannot wish them ill or (mostly) snark on them. As for the girl babies problem, I don't blame Tyler for wanting a boy. That doesn't mean he loves his girls any less but when it's still hypothetical it's okay to have a desire. It's once you get the final results that you need to shift to happy and grateful mode.  My dad had four girls and no boys (I was his last chance poor fellow) but he doted on me to no end and I know he would have loved to have a son but it wasn't in the cards. There's nothing wrong with that. He was a wonderful father to me.

Cheyenne: Spoiled little princess who tantrums and stomps her feet more than her four year old daughter. Cheyenne doesn't seem to understand that she isn't married to Cory and cannot dictate when and where he can go and when and where he can work. You have plenty of family to help you with Ryder...hell she even farmed out her non profit to her stepsister. She's a brat... loved how her Dad gently scolded her for her behavior and for cursing out her baby daddy. Not a big fan of Cory but he is a good Dad to Ryder and provides for her financially, emotionally and physically. She could have done worse...a lot worse. 

Amber: So true about her self pity. I think the only way this relationship could ever heal is for Leah to be off the show and Gary and Amber too. Put Leah first and drop out of filming her and any of her issues with Amber. Amber is a depressing to watch and like all the other Moms on this show, she has nothing to fall back on...no career, no job, no purpose in life.

Cate and Tyler: I'm sorry, I don't want to sound unkind or mean but I just don't understand why they decided to get pregnant again. When Cate was recalling the last pregnancy with Tyler's mental health issues that popped up along with his up and down temperment and her post partum depression problems, why why why go through with this again??? Tyler doesn't seem to understand his bipolar diagnosis and hasn't done the necessary research to get the proper treatment for it. Ketomine? Really? He won't take the lithium or antidpressants or mood stablizers that are the standard meds for bipolarity but will engage in a treatment that is still in the experimental stage? Observing Tyler over the years I notice alot more of his behavior being on the manic side rather than the depressive side although that it is evident on film when he is in that mode. It doesn't help that he has no direction in life...no job, no career, no post high school education. Now three kids and no other income except that of MTV and any kind of social media related to that. The future looks grim for them when this ends if they don't start really getting serious about their future and their children's future and start putting a lifeplan in place. They both need a life coach.

Agree about Mackenzie. I guess this season will about how she's coping and how her family is coping with her mother's death. Mackenzie needs therapy as well as her Dad.

Maci is tone deaf. Bentley should not be on the show anymore. His therapy should not be a topic for a weekly show...it should remain private and personal. I find it to be a dereliction of duty as his Mom to continue with this storyline. 

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Love 12

I have always had a soft spot for Catelyn and Tyler. I think that they clearly got screwed when they were given parents. They really got the short end of the stick; I mean many of the cast members have horrible upbringings and parents but these two I think had the worst. I think the fact that they have stuck together and are trying is very touching. I think they are both so misguided and have no one really to steer them. I keep hoping they will get some sort of revelation and see the light. They have little sense of responsibility and poor values, but I just feel so sorry for them and really hope for good for them.

• Love 8

I thought Ryan and his family weren't coming back, and that Maci wanted to focus on....whatever it was she said....instead of Bentley's issues with Ryan???  Did I imagine all that?  I mean, you know and I know that there is nothing there, but I don't think they know it yet, so I thought they were going to try that out on us this season. 

And yes, Maci, Bentley's friends know he's in therapy.  Six hundred thousand people know he's in therapy, thanks to you.

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 9

Maci fails to realize that the opposite of love isnt hate; its indifference. She spends a lot of time and energy on Ryan. I know this is partly due to the show but she doesn't have much else going on anyway. Ryan's wife texted and Maci wont even reward her with a reply. Nice Maci, way to put Bentley first.

Cheyenne is such a child. Just because you are pregnant, that doesn't mean you can treat people however you want. Did you see her in the truck yelling at her fiancee ? Yikes ! 

MacKenzie, I dont know. Unfortunately her family has suffered the loss of a parent, which most of us will do eventually. I dont want to see their grief. 

Nothing to add about Amber. When her next dude appears, she will forget all about her daughter What's Her Name. 

I also dont get why CateTy had another bio child. Adoption would be the ratings jackpot for them ! I need to become CateTy's agent. Imagine the storyline - CateTy come full circle in their adoption journey, in their quest for a son, meeting and evaluating pregnant girls who are expecting boys, all the montages of Cate looking pensive and Ty shopping for footballs and other sports equipment...

• Love 8
17 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Cheyenne: Spoiled little princess who tantrums and stomps her feet more than her four year old daughter. Cheyenne doesn't seem to understand that she isn't married to Cory and cannot dictate when and where he can go and when and where he can work. You have plenty of family to help you with Ryder...hell she even farmed out her non profit to her stepsister. She's a brat... loved how her Dad gently scolded her for her behavior and for cursing out her baby daddy. Not a big fan of Cory but he is a good Dad to Ryder and provides for her financially, emotionally and physically. She could have done worse...a lot worse. 

Agreed. So now Cory isn't allowed to celebrate his birthday? Give me a break. I'm glad Chey compromised a little in the end and moved Ryder's birthday party so Cory could be there.

• Love 5
On 9/15/2021 at 11:22 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

a lot of people picked "therapy" as their drinking game word and they're still too drunk to post.

I used anxiety as my word, and I am just starting to feel human again. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Macy to Bentley: “Do your friends know you’re in therapy? “

Bentley: “No.”

Audience: “They do now!”

Amber: Leah probably understands that you went to jail and that was a good decision. It is how you behaved and treated her AFTER you were released that Leah resents. You basically ignored her, let her “bonus mom” handle the everyday day issues and made every excuse in the book not to see her. That is why she doesn’t want a relationship with you now. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Agreed. So now Cory isn't allowed to celebrate his birthday? Give me a break. I'm glad Chey compromised a little in the end and moved Ryder's birthday party so Cory could be there.

And remember the the three day celebration of Princess Cheyenne's birthday? Talk about being over the top!

• Love 12
On 9/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, politichick said:

Nope.

Someone needs to knock some sense into Amber and give her some real talk because the longer she wallows in self-pity, the longer it will be before Leah agrees to see her. She keeps focusing on going to jail to save her life, which Leah likely remembers very little about since she was so young. It's the many years you prioritized men over your child that she remembers.

And the absolute worst thing Ambie can do is bash Kristina whom Leah loves. Leah will chose Kristina over Ambie every single time. You want to have any chance with a relationship with your daughter, it goes through her stepmom. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I have been diagnosed as bipolar for close to 30 years now and I'm sick of these excuses.  Yes, there is a lot that is out of our control and it's frustrating.  But we have to work on our health and not blame our behavior on a diagnosis.  I can tell people, I'm really manic right now and it's hard to focus, or I'm too exhausted to function because I've been having racing thoughts and insomnia recenty.  But that does not allow me to go on social media and calls someone a whore.  That's just being a shitty person.   I am sure Amber loves and hates her illness.  It sucks but its her crutch.  She has to, absolutely HAS TO stop talking about her jail time.  Because what about after getting out of jail and all the "me" time and sleeping in and vacationing with boyfriends?   Those are the times Leah is referring to.  She doesn't remember you being in jail, she remembers you being in bed.  She remembers you not making an effort to play a board game with her or go on a walk.  Fucking delusional Amber.  Yes, I can agree that Leah has what has kept her alive and going but she just can't place all of this on Leah.

I have never heard of ketamine treatment nor would I participate in it.  If Tyler was just recently diagnosed then why jump to this all of the sudden?  It's on brand for them though.

Cheyenne is turning out to be completely awful.  She should never have more children for this alone.  I wonder if she was such a huge bitch when she was pregnant with Ryder, this is obviously just a burden to her.  Her boyfriend is her partner, not Cory.  Cory does not need to aleviate her heartburn.  I am glad her Dad put her in her place.  Has he not been doing this all along?  How did she get to be such a dick in spite of?   I do have a soft spot for Cory being on The Challenge.  He's not slime ball on it, he doesn't purposefully stab people in the back, he works hard and works out during, he is never trying to bed different girls.   He actually is there trying to win so I say let him keep trying, if they are paying him an appearance fee and that's his annual paycheck then so be it.

• Love 11
On 9/15/2021 at 3:27 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

Cate and Tyler: I'm sorry, I don't want to sound unkind or mean but I just don't understand why they decided to get pregnant again.

Because Tyler wanted a (biological) boy. Sadly, I don’t think it’s any deeper than that. I just hope they stick to this being their last pregnancy. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Because Tyler wanted a (biological) boy. Sadly, I don’t think it’s any deeper than that. I just hope they stick to this being their last pregnancy. 

Sadly, I know several young couples expanding their families because they keep trying for either a girl or a boy. 

• Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 3:23 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

Speaking of ratings (which are slipping), The Ashley reported that producers are putting together a Real Housewives style get-together, with cast members from each series participating, in an effort to boost interest:

The Ashley hears that the premise of the special show will be to bring girls from the shows together at some sort of health retreat, where they will stay together in a hotel or spa setting, discuss their issues and hopefully renew interest in the sinking franchise.

“The producers are hoping that, by putting girls who never work together in the same setting, it will be interesting,” one source tells The Ashley. “They are thinking the girls will do ‘healing exercises’ together like sound therapy, etc. and maybe group therapy.”

Hopefully, their treatment options will include ketamine therapy, administered by the all-knowing Tyler Baltierra.

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/08/30/exclusive-teen-mom-producers-bringing-cast-members-from-all-three-teen-mom-shows-together-for-new-special-show-get-all-the-details

Update:  Hostilities erupted the first day of the get-together.  

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2021/09/15/trouble-at-the-teen-mom-retreat-spinoff-the-dejesus-sisters-jade-cline-face-off-with-ashley-jones-exclusive-details/

Wait. You're telling me this didn't go well?

Friends GIF

On 9/16/2021 at 3:37 AM, salvame said:

Actually, there are many: "Young and Pregnant," "Unexpected," the 90 day fiance franchise. People with average or above average intelligence and financial resources do not sell their lives to national TV. The producers have a knack for finding the weakest link in these families to exploit, and they are not above editing or manipulating story lines to do so.

My biggest concern is for these kids. It's bad enough that they have to live through all the extreme drama, but then try living a "normal" life when there are people out there that know your story. I believe most of the children do not watch the show now, but what happens when they are of age and see how their stories played out on national television. If they are not mired down in mental health issues, I would expect some lawsuits to be forthcoming.

This is simply a list of my favourite shows.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

To my knowledge, none of the above have ever had to wake up every morning and go to work just to feed, clothe, and shelter themselves and their children.  So they remain children, and will probably still be sniveling and whining about their domestic situations ten years from now.

Pam Anderson's son said it best one the Hills Reboot- when you become famous, you are permanently stunted at the age you were when you became famous (or something to that effect). I suppose Maci is just lucky she was somewhat mature for a 17 year old, because she peaked at that point.

I guess I can kind of see it- most people have to deal with disappointment and compromise in various ways- you can't tell your boss to fuck off, you can't attract a new posse of enablers every time you alienate your existing friends group, you may rely on your parents for financial help which means doing things their way (which is generally the right way but you can't see it at the time)- all that leads to personal growth and the ability to see things from a different perspective.

• Useful 4