Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

French, I have been trying to learn French from Duolingo...elle est Anglaise...I am good while sitting in front of the computer but the second I walk away I got nothing.

I studied French in high school and college and my spoken French has suffered from lack of use. But I can still read French pretty well. If I went to Paris tomorrow, I'd at least be able to pronounce the name and location of my hotel without making the cab driver cringe himself into a hernia.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Merv Griffin is on his left butt cheek.

Matt Lauer on the right. He's really embarrassed about it now. 

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Wow, Emily’s mother is so pretty.

She's lovely. Emily did not inherit her looks from her mother, did she. She's really unfortunate looking. 

• Love 15
Just now, mmecorday said:

I studied French in high school and college and my spoken French has suffered from lack of use. But I can still read French pretty well. If I went to Paris tomorrow, I'd at least be able to pronounce the name and location of my hotel without making the cab driver cringe himself into a hernia.

I was in Paris in 2015 and most of the time when I tried to speak French people automatically changed to English. When I was there in 1993 people couldn't believe I was American... *sigh*

• Love 5

Emily's dad seems thrilled about supporting Kobe for at least six months.   I guess dad is skeptical about Emily's ability to use birth control, Kobe's job prospects, and seems thrilled about five adults in the same house.   

Is there a betting pool on how many episodes before Emily announces her next pregnancy?  I'm saying three. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m sorry, but is there any demand for an international underwear model in Kansas?

Only if they   decide to cast Kate Upton in a remake of Wizard of Oz.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

I’m sorry, but is there any demand for an international underwear model in Kansas?

I'm embarrassed to ask this seeing how long I've been watching this franchise but...does the visa prohibit him from working in America? Seeing as, you know, he's an international underwear model?

"Do you think he's going to stand out while he's here?" Um, yeah...

Also, silver fox FTW...

• Love 8

Ex underwear model, not sure why...was he ever really an underwear model or did he strut around his bedroom in his underwear.

Emily (what a thick tongue she has) says they are ready to move out but can't just yet because of you know, money. Ugh.  Did she say she is a nanny and she takes Covid with her to the job? I am sorry but if I am paying to care for my child I don't want other kids to take your attention from mine, do child care people bring their own kids along to a job?

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Good gawd ppl. Change that kid's name. What drugs was she on?

That poor baby needs a nickname, immediately. Something like Joey or Sam. Anything’s that doesn’t sound like Covid would be fine.

• Love 11
Just now, ExMathMajor said:

I'm embarrassed to ask this seeing how long I've been watching this franchise but...does the visa prohibit him from working in America? Seeing as, you know, he's an international underwear model?

Also, silver fox FTW...

It does. He’s not allowed to work until he gets a work permit. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I also studied in French high school and I am also on Duolingo.  When I went to Paris four years ago, believe me, it all comes back to you.  I got along fine.  Still I continue with Duolingo to practice it and continue learning.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Another one who is unemployed and yet needs someone to help them bring over their fiancé.

I love how we find out that Underwear Model has invested his money in a cafe, is that like Azman and Nickel opening a store?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

That poor baby needs a nickname, immediately. Something like Joey or Sam. Anything’s that doesn’t sound like Covid would be fine.

Not anything because they can’t name the kid “Work”. The parents would be allergic to him. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ExMathMajor said:

Also, silver fox FTW...

I see OnlyFans in his future. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ex underwear model, not sure why...was he ever really an underwear model or did he strut around his bedroom in his underwear.

Emily (what a thick tongue she has) says they are ready to move out but can't just yet because of you know, money. Ugh.  Did she say she is a nanny and she takes Covid with her to the job? I am sorry but if I am paying to care for my child I don't want other kids to take your attention from mine, do child care people bring their own kids along to a job?

I've heard of it overseas.

Not sure how popular it is in the US and Canada.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Same. I purposely follow French-speaking politicians just to see if I can understand what they’ve written (not you, Le Pen) and I can pretty much keep up. Speaking is another story. If Macron wants me to bring him over on a 90 Day visa, I’m going to need a translator app. He speaks English though, so we’re good.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Believe it or not, we got more stares and comments (two White parents with three children of color) from people in the Chicago area, where I'm originally from, than we ever had in Kansas.  Some of that is probably because our kids have been raised in a university town out here in Kansas, and Chicago has a substantial racist history that continues to manifest in the present day.  Our kids have all been racially profiled in both places.  They've learned the realities and they have the extra variable of having White parents.  All are fully open adoptions.  Our youngest has a picture of his birth mother up in his bedroom.  We maintain contact with the birth families as much as possible.  This has been healthy for our kids and it's helped even in a state that plays to stereotypes as much as Kansas allegedly does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17