Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Hey, Snarkers!

I hate and despise Daylight Saving Time. There is no reason to keep dicking the clocks around. 

In other news, I applied for an internship to finish my degree, and the employer offered me a contract! I started on Monday as the intern for Social Work Designee in a 14-bed residental healthcare facility for adults with severe ID. 

August 1, I will become licensed and be promoted to Manager of Social Work for the facility.

Oh, graduation is in six weeks. I did it...I earned a Bachelor of Science in Mental Health and Human Services...at 59!

Anybody here dishonest enough  to write me a letter of recommendation for grad school? I forgot to ask my real mentors, and now I only have 2 weeks to finish the packet. 

Wheeeeee!!

Congrats! 

• Love 5

Middle name is Erin, my paternal  great-grandparents were from County Donegal, and I don't care about  St. Patrick's Day! With one exception: I want to slap silly anyone who calls St. Paddy's Day "St. Patty's Day"! ☘ 🚫🐍

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

I was born and raised in Chicago and avoided St. Patrick's Day too.  Plus, I'm not Irish.  

Well according to Ancestry DNA I'm 60% Irish, 25% Scottish, and the rest is Wales, England and northwestern Europe. (or, as my brother said when he shared the results "really, really white"). My dad's people are from Newfoundland and my mother is 100% lace curtain Boston Irish. But I still hate corned beef. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Well according to Ancestry DNA I'm 60% Irish, 25% Scottish, and the rest is Wales, England and northwestern Europe. (or, as my brother said when he shared the results "really, really white"). My dad's people are from Newfoundland and my mother is 100% lace curtain Boston Irish. But I still hate corned beef. 

Ohh my dad is from Newfoundland….fried baloney and chips forever

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am so boring - 100% English. How is that possible?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Sojaboy’ s mother is white?

Well, I'm sure his mother is black. By saying this I meant that Usman feels Kimbaaaly is more of a mother figure to him and not a potential girlfriend. I’m laughing so hard at Kimbaaaly. Her son must be so proud.

• Love 4

Oh  my  goodness. She's a reality star now with that throwing a drink in his face bit. Only the classiest of D-listers can get away with that move! If she smashes a cake in his face next, or flips a table... whoo!

Edited by Bees52
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I decided that if Ancestry wanted my DNA so badly, then they’d have to pay me for it. 

Me too. I’m not paying. My siblings did it, close enough for me. Irish, Eastern European (Polish and German), a smidge Jewish. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Peeps.

Question. Have we seen Gino in anything else besides those blue gym shorts and that red/grey top?

You forgot the hat. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I loathe DST with every fiber of my being. I hate it SO FUCKING MUCH. When I was still working it was hell to have to stumble out to my bus stop in the dark. Now that I'm retired I still hate it in principle. 

And a big CONGRATULATIONS to you! That is WONDERFUL! 

DST is bad enough. This year in DC we had snow the same weekend as DST. What kind of ridiculousness is that? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Bees52 said:

Oh  my  goodness. She's a reality star now with that throwing a drink in his face bit. Only the classiest of D-listers can get away with that move! If she smashes a cake or flips a table... whoo!

I could go for a good cake smashing. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I admire your bravery.

I will NOT do a DNA test. My family is comprised of Holy Rollers, lunatics, untreated disorders, shuffled indiginous folks , Sicilians that ran from the boot to the US under undisclosed circumstances, and some unknowns that passed through and deposited sperm without stopping to leave a name....

I am not paying to find more of these sorts.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, OneGuy said:

I was born and raised in Chicago and avoided St. Patrick's Day too.  Plus, I'm not Irish.  

I’m also from Chicago but I also avoid St Paddy’s celebrations.  I do enjoy the Chicago River dyed green.

A8EC9A35-E8B0-4FB9-B596-522FC8F2F60F.jpeg

• Love 5