Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

So the neighbor saga continues. The condo folks did some roof survey thing at the end of August and have advise me and other folks living around me that we need to get new shingles on the roof - within sixty days. I asked for an extension because of my crappy neighbors and felt they would be a hard uptake on doing so. Also, the money. Had hoped to wait til next spring. Anyhoo, I talked with one of them a couple of days after the letter came and informed them I would be getting a few estimates and asked them to also get a couple or so and would compare them at the end of the week. It's been challenging with roofing season being almost over. However, I spent more time than I should getting a handful. One roofing company came Friday for a physical estimate. I saw the neighbor and asked if they had any estimates for me - um, well, they claimed to make a few calls but came up empty and that places were booked. The roofing guy gave me my estimate, and said that he also gave a copy to them, and they told him that they were renting the place and would pass it on to their landlord. I was shocked. They told me that they owned the unit. I told the roofing guy that they hadn't been here long, they told me that they owned the unit, but maybe something changed. I was livid at being lied to. Maybe they lied because they didn't want to do the renovation? Maybe they lied all along????? I felt like an idiot.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Hi peeps - still have obnoxious house guest - but Weds morning he leaves, yes!!!!  Thinking about the Boston meet up - am moving next week, so won't know just yet.

Its in November! You have a month! 

7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Evelin seems to be madly in love with Corey, doesn’t she?

Its really sweet, her devotion. I think I might cry. 

3 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

SteVen is a chooch. He’s going to try to convert the Russian girl. I just know it.

He has to, its his responsibility as a Mormon. 

Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

This girl seems lovely. Run Honey. Just stay in Russia!

She really does. I want to scoop her up and talk some sense to her. Maybe Steven appeals because he's a Mormon and doesn't drink? I know that alcoholism is a big problem in Russia. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

Hey folks...had to finish making 50 homemade wontons and put them in the freezer...but I'm ready for some super Sunday snarkaliciousness!

So Corey and Evelin are married already. Big whoop. I don't really think about this show during the week (except for the 90 Day Fiance Cray Cray podcast) but is it really true that NOBODY knew about their getting married?

I like the black and white wallpaper in Alina's sitting room. *ducking*

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So the neighbor saga continues. The condo folks did some roof survey thing at the end of August and have advise me and other folks living around me that we need to get new shingles on the roof - within sixty days. I asked for an extension because of my crappy neighbors and felt they would be a hard uptake on doing so. Also, the money. Had hoped to wait til next spring. Anyhoo, I talked with one of them a couple of days after the letter came and informed them I would be getting a few estimates and asked them to also get a couple or so and would compare them at the end of the week. It's been challenging with roofing season being almost over. However, I spent more time than I should getting a handful. One roofing company came Friday for a physical estimate. I saw the neighbor and asked if they had any estimates for me - um, well, they claimed to make a few calls but came up empty and that places were booked. The roofing guy gave me my estimate, and said that he also gave a copy to them, and they told him that they were renting the place and would pass it on to their landlord. I was shocked. They told me that they owned the unit. I told the roofing guy that they hadn't been here long, they told me that they owned the unit, but maybe something changed. I was livid at being lied to. Maybe they lied because they didn't want to do the renovation? Maybe they lied all along????? I felt like an idiot.

How bizarre. Maybe they just told the contractor that to get rid of him. Maybe your neighbors are mates with scum it  and just LIE because it’s second nature

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So sorry - people can be horrid.   I hope this all resolves to your benefit!!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Didn’t we see another couple doing this “sit down before traveling” custom? Varya and Geoffrey or Natalie and Mike? But nobody explained to the guy or to us

The Russian and the girl who was a gym rat who got pregnant and they came to the states and lived with her sister.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Doublemint said:

Wishing you happiness and big Congrats!!!

6 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

Congrats! 

giphy.gif

Edited by Trackdawg
There is no Cold Stone Creamery in my neighborhood 😭
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

SteVen and Alina should team up with Brandon and Julia for a wacky sitcom about pest exterminators and their Russian brides. With added hilarity from Brandon's swinging parents.

Maybe Betty and Ron will introduce them to swinging. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Good Lord what a bunch of ass hats. I’m sorry you have to deal with this.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

My god what a nightmare! I hope things work out. 

And, data point, I had my roof replaced in January. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ExMathMajor said:

Hey folks...had to finish making 50 homemade wontons and put them in the freezer...but I'm ready for some super Sunday snarkaliciousness!

If you need help finishing them, I know of a 600 lb woman who can fry them from her bed. 

• LOL 16
1 minute ago, Doublemint said:

So sorry - people can be horrid.   I hope this all resolves to your benefit!!

When they first moved in, I asked if they were renting. Nope, own the unit. They have to do the roof at some point, otherwise the condo will arrange for it to be done and bill them.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Maybe Betty and Ron will introduce them to swinging. 

Betty and Ron overhear them talking about swing sets for kids and their misunderstanding leads to hilarious hijinks.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I could see if one of them was a lawyer or doctor and move to another country and cannot practice abroad,

Like Leida! Don’t forget Natalie gave up a thriving modeling/acting/journalism career 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

@Trackdawg you must share with all of us once it is official….how wonderful and exciting!!

giphy.gif

...mainly because my whole family (and now, PT Fam) and some of our friends already know and somebody's BOUND to spill it!

Edited by Trackdawg
BIG A LITTLE BIT
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Ari, you are not a beacon of sunshine. Bini may cheat on you because you treat him like dirt.

Just now, Trackdawg said:

giphy.gif

...mainly because my whole family (and PT Fam) and some of our friends already know and somebody's BOUND to spill it!

Good luck! She will be thrilled!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Didn’t we see another couple doing this “sit down before traveling” custom? Varya and Geoffrey or Natalie and Mike? But nobody explained to the guy or to us

It was the creepy personal trainer guy who has a pile of prior children and  threw away his fiancé's sister's cereal. The couple that had the disproportionately hefty baby boy. The fiancé was trying to pack, and the family was nagging her to sit down.  They all had to sit before traveling. That would drive me nuts. 

• Love 8
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

When is that nonsense coming back?

I was just thinking about that today! I do miss our Wednesday live chats!

Oh, Ari is worried that Bini is. cheating on her. Meanwhile she's trying to be all charming and fetching and winsome with Leandro. She give me the shudders. 

• Love 12
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

Pee pad Penny and her yellow brick road or am I confused?

Ahem. That’s Pee-Poop Craftmatic Deep-Fried Wonton Queen Penny to you, ma’am. She is still being denied access to her yellow brick road.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Trackdawg, Congratulations! Gorgeous ring, will TrackKitty be surprised or is she good at ferreting out secrets? 

giphy.gif

No, actually, I have so much music and studio gear all over our tiny place right now, I just stuck the 💍  in a sock in one of my audio cable cases! 

• Love 10