Type keyword(s) to search

Steven and Alina: Cold Turkey

• Start Topic

Alina, 20, (Russia) and Steven, 25, (Salt Lake City, UT). Steven is a dedicated Mormon from Salt Lake City, Utah. Alina lives in Russia. They're one of the new couples this season. And they met on a language app a year before they were cast on 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way. Then, the COVID-19 pandemic shut down borders and threw a wrench in their plans to meet IRL. Now, they plan to meet in Turkey, where some of Steven's long-kept secrets might threaten their happiness and future

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So, they've never met in person but plan to live together in a country that neither has ever been to.  Makes perfect sense to me.

I understand why they're on "TOW" because the K1 requires that they have met in person within the last year, unless their culture or religion forbids it.

SWaV is definitely on the spectrum.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think SWaV said they'll get married in Turkey, and he can get a visa to Russia, and wait out the U.S. visa there.     I may have screwed that up though.      

They're young, they're in love.  There is absolutely NO reason they couldn't wait out the pandemic.  If they're meant to be together, they'll be fine.  Instead, they're forcing it.  But then they wouldn't be on teevee.

• Love 8

So they're going to meet and marry in Turkey, get a spouse Visa to Russia, and I don't know if they intend to stay in Russia, or get a spouse visa to the U.S.      They can't be financing all of this off of a pest control technician's salary, and TLC money.    

• Love 3

She seems book smart and well-spoken but also immature with her catfishing scheme. He’s a hypocritical dingus (admitted to having sex with more than one woman whilst still preachin’ the word about the evils of pre-marital jiggy jiggy). I might fast forward through their scenes but not until I see the outcome of the catfishing set up, of course.

• Love 6

She has the maturity of a 14 year old girl. And he has the intelligence of a mildly intellectually-challenged 15 year old boy. Together it's a match made in hell. Plus, he is hideous looking.

And don't get me started on people who do stupid fucking things and call themselves 'wacky' and 'spontaneous'. Yeah, NO. Hitching a lift with your young girfriend who's in a very short dress, in a country you've been in for a hot minute, great idea Steve-O.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 9

I'm desperately hoping that the hitchhiking scene was someone from the production team, and not some random guy.  I'm really sure that it was staged.       I'm really hoping Alina realizes she's making a huge mistake, and doesn't marry Ste-Van.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm desperately hoping that the hitchhiking scene was someone from the production team, and not some random guy.  I'm really sure that it was staged.       I'm really hoping Alina realizes she's making a huge mistake, and doesn't marry Ste-Van.  

Almost assuredly just a very confused Uber driver, I said. Also agree that there's nothing "wacky" and 'charming' about jumping in a pool for no reason other than to show how spontaneous you are. It just makes you LESS spontaneous. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Also agree that there's nothing "wacky" and 'charming' about jumping in a pool for no reason other than to show how spontaneous you are. It just makes you LESS spontaneous. 

He reminds me of middle schoolers: "Look how funny I am!" for attention, but are not funny.  Just annoying.  But he is too old to be in middle school........right?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

He reminds me of middle schoolers: "Look how funny I am!" for attention, but are not funny.  Just annoying.  But he is too old to be in middle school........right?  

I've always thought: If someone has to flaunt/brag/constantly talk about being (insert anything in here: edgy, cool, klassy (with a K on purpose), drunk, rich, funny, strong and empowered (I'm looking at you, you fake plastic surgery twins) you get the point), they are decidedly NOT that. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

re: Hitching scene.  I don't think that was real. Remember that SteVen is mike'd up, Alana is mike'd up and there is a camera man with them.  So they all got into the guy's car?  And when the driver spoke, was he mike'd as well? Because I don't think Steven's mike would have picked up much.   My guess he was an uber driver they hired for the scene.  Or a producer pretending to be just a regular joe that was stopped to pick up these "crazy kids" hitching.

Also wondering on the use of Turkey and if it was cheaper and coordinated with filming of Darcy and Stacey in Turkey.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

watched the preview last night and all I can say is, Alina has the maturity of a 14 year old with her "I'm ready to marry you today" bullshit and her hiring her BFF to try to catfish Steven online. Which BTW, when the fuck is girlfriend going to reach out to him and WHY didn't they do this recon BEFORE Alina few to Turkey?!? Jesus H Christ, what maroons.

As for Steven, dude is seriously NO prize, like not at all. I don't get the attraction because they almost look like siblings in a creepy way, and Steven is an utter idiot on all fronts. About the only thing he's said/done that made any sense is that he'd not yet ready to marry Alina. Other than that, he's dumber than a box of rocks.

ETA: Just what this world needs right now, more spawn from Stupidville

Edited by gingerella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

watched the preview last night and all I can say is, Alina has the maturity of a 14 year old with her "I'm ready to marry you today" bullshit and her hiring her BFF to try to catfish Steven online. Which BTW, when the fuck is girlfriend going to reach out to him and WHY didn't they do this recon BEFORE Alina few to Turkey?!? Jesus H Christ, what maroons.

I'm glad I'm not alone in my dim view of Alina. All those conditions she was laying out for him in last night's episode seemed like the classic abuser/controller tactics: cut off all contact with your friends, shut down your social-media accounts--they felt to me like standard isolation techniques. What twenty-year-old academic is so intent on getting married to a guy she's spent two whole weeks with??? And a guy who has no accomplishments of his own to point to, except for quitting his job as an exterminator to go sweep her off her feet in a foreign country. I think she's fully as creepy as he is. Which just reinforces that old saying about water seeking its own level. All these couples eventually reveal themselves to be people who richly deserve each other.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, greekmom said:

A "good" Mormon doesn't drink huh?! He also shouldn't flip the bird. Steven is only in this for the 15. Im sure of it. 

Screenshot_20211003_221655.jpg

I am full on NOT defending him, but do we know that is an adult drink?

9 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in my dim view of Alina. All those conditions she was laying out for him in last night's episode seemed like the classic abuser/controller tactics: cut off all contact with your friends, shut down your social-media accounts--they felt to me like standard isolation techniques.

Yep - "If he is flirting with other girls.......dunno what I will do."  Hmmmm....leave?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I'm glad I'm not alone in my dim view of Alina. All those conditions she was laying out for him in last night's episode seemed like the classic abuser/controller tactics: cut off all contact with your friends, shut down your social-media accounts--they felt to me like standard isolation techniques. What twenty-year-old academic is so intent on getting married to a guy she's spent two whole weeks with??? And a guy who has no accomplishments of his own to point to, except for quitting his job as an exterminator to go sweep her off her feet in a foreign country. I think she's fully as creepy as he is. Which just reinforces that old saying about water seeking its own level. All these couples eventually reveal themselves to be people who richly deserve each other.

You would not be surprised at what sort of idiot would marry someone with whom she has spent two weeks total. 

She is insecure and jealous, plus valid trust issues. He is not going to get rid of his friends or social media accounts. He probably is not going to change his religion either. She has time to realize that he has almost nothing to offer her, is untruthful, behaves worse than a boor.

Edited by Frozendiva
Autocorrect error
  • Love 6

These two are a slightly more functional version of Pol and Kriny. Slightly...Because nothing says "You're life partner material' and "I'm ready for marriage" like asking your BFF to try to catfish your boyfriend, who is dumber than a box of rocks. When he gave his whole spiel about how to hitchhike,maybe next time someone might just aim for him. I mean, can you even imagine this asshole jumping in front of your car and waving his stupid gangly arms around and demanding a ride? Fuck.That.Shit.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 6
34 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I mean, can you even imagine this asshole jumping in front of your car and waving his stupid gangly arms around and demanding a ride? Fuck.That.Shit.

No longer allowed to read this on my prep.  Thank you.  (I laughed too loud for others to not ask questions.)

• LOL 5

I was rolling my eyes the whole time that I was reading that article.  A novel?  An Album?  An online store (hey, what about Lularoe-just like Nicole!).  Yep, those of us who identified him as wanting fame and curating a persona were right on the money.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

That is a gorgeous dress - LOVE the sleeves!  And the two of them look so radiantly happy...I hope it lasts.

There is a another video from that page : 

https://www.etonline.com/media/videos/90-day-fiance-steven-explains-why-he-asked-alina-if-he-could-date-other-women

The way he keeps fondling his hair and doing the flirty eye thing is...I don't know what to call it.  This guy is really into himself.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Steven and Alina are well-matched at this time, both being very child-like.

"Child-like," in that Aline is fifteen and Steven is seven?   Seven...and immersed in traditional gender roles.  He's ill-equipped, but will attempt to be her leader who expects to be well taken care of.

• Love 3