Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So NOW they ask for a BMS for Manning??! 

Maybe someone read the forum. 😂

15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

"What is 'unintelligible'?"  I like that woman.  Bwaahahahaha.

That was pretty funny.

15 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I loved Ken's comment to the guy about wanting the tattoo of his name to be on the guy's dominant arm.

I did too, especially since it was after he joked that he would also get a tattoo of James.

13 hours ago, secnarf said:

I couldn't wrap my head around the wording for FJ. I couldn't tell what it was asking, not being remotely familiar with Dazed and Confused.

I think I saw a few minutes of it way back when (in the time of videotapes), but it did not interest me.  I hear Matt saying it all these years and just thought it was a little annoying as a catchphrase. But then I saw an interview (perhaps the same one as @shapeshifter) where he said that was where it came from. A lightbulb went off and I thought - well of course it was annoying, that was an annoying movie. So long story not shortened, it was an instaget for me.

12 hours ago, Bastet said:

I almost ran the first round, but I didn't know meerschaum or Carly Rae Jepson.  I looked up her song during commercial, and once the chorus kicked in I knew I'd heard it, I just didn't recognize the title (even if I had, I wouldn't have known who sang it).  I almost missed grenadine, too, being momentarily stuck at "that red stuff", but I spit it out just in time.

Just the other day we were watching an old "Big Fat Quiz" (not a show for people who are serious about quiz shows, but if you're looking for a taste of British humor, it's great - find it on YouTube). Anyway, the Carly Rae Jepson song was a question on it - so I retained her name just long enough to answer this one.

I said grenadine instead of cranberry, so I just said it again for the next clue and got it right. 😉 I'm not much of a drinker (one mixed drink a year for a special occasion - until the pandemic), but I did pretty well in the category. Go figure.

12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Besides the mention of the late Sidney Poitier, there was the question about the city on the Black Sea, answer of Odessa, which is much in the news these days. 

Double curse this time. ☹️ I didn't notice, did they put up the date for the Odessa question like they did in the earlier game?

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Katy M said:

I pronounce it turp-si-core.

It's turp-si-cor-ee or turp-sic-oree.  You pronounce the last e as a long e.

I have to confess to being confused by the phrasing of the FJ clue last night.  I thought "dazed and confused" were the first words McConaughey say in the movie and that it wanted something he'd said about the phrase in an interview or something.  I mean, I know that was the title of the movie, and am familiar with the "alright, alright, alright" phrase, but I've never seen the film and didn't know that was the first line he had in it.

Or maybe I was just being extra thick last night, because I didn't do that well overall.

16 hours ago, Browncoat said:

The only TS I got were Flushing and saber dance.

I can thank the theme from The Nanny for getting Flushing.

15 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

So NOW they ask for a BMS for Manning??! 

Yep, because Eli totally played for the Colts, right?

14 hours ago, Katy M said:

I got the missed clues of Matt Dillon, drag, and nutmeg.

I got nutmeg but said wind resistance instead of drag.  Probably wouldn't have been an acceptable answer.

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I feel like I should have gotten Spiro Agnew, but I forgot and/or didn't understand the category.

I absolutely should've gotten that one because I vaguely remember when Agnew was the governor of Maryland and knew he'd left the position to be Nixon's running mate.  But I got my years mixed up somehow and thought Nixon was the VP candidate in 70.  Oops.

13 hours ago, dgpolo said:

And me. I came up with 'ad libbed' as an answer.

That was what I said.  Glad I'm not the only one who was confused by the wording of the clue.

12 hours ago, Bastet said:

ut I didn't know meerschaum or Carly Rae Jepson.

I knew Carly Rae but couldn't think of her last name.  Oh, and having a brain fart moment, I said "the other Wright brother" for Wilbur Wright.  It's not technically wrong.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Double curse this time. ☹️ I didn't notice, did they put up the date for the Odessa question like they did in the earlier game?

No, and I was looking for it. 

I remember the game years ago with a question about Osama Bin Laden (with his picture if I recall!) - and when it came up in reruns they put a crawl on the screen stating that the show was taped prior to the Sept 11 terrorist attacks.

Guess we don’t know what we don’t know. I heard of a man (never met him, just ran across his name in the context of my job) who was “Benito Mussolini Lastname”!  Born in the late 1920s, before that was a terrible association! His mom & dad were  probably very proud to name their baby boy after the new leader of their nation, the man who made the trains run on time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Driad said:

Contrast Switzerland, where they say, "If the ten o'clock train doesn't arrive at ten o'clock, it's either not a Swiss train or not a Swiss clock."

Or Japan where if it's 1 minute early or late it's not on time.

• Love 3

Ran 7-letter words, Irish Names, and Throwing Shade; missed one each in Ballet, Beastly Lit, History, and Chemical People. No FJ but I felt dumb when it was revealed.

Lots of TSes (8 in J! and 10 in DJ, plus both DDs)...I got Bolshoi, peasant, eclipse/sunrise, parkour, Elsa the lion, Jack Ryan, Boxer Rebellion, obeisance, and Vitamin K (DD).

• Love 4

Instaget FJ for me tonight.  And I'm kind of glad Joel didn't win.  His antics annoyed me.

I also got the TS of eclipse/sunrise, Bolshoi, diving, lion, Dalai Lama, Boxer rebellion, obverse, and Vitamin K.  It made me sad that no one knew Elsa was a lion.  Born Free was probably the first movie I ever cried at. I think I was about six or seven when I saw it. 

• Love 16

FJ was an instaget.

I got the missed clues of Bolshoi, lion, Jack Ryan, Poland, obverse and obeisance.

I got the entire categories of circumflex and shade right.

Just now, Browncoat said:

Instaget FJ for me tonight.  And I'm kind of glad Joel didn't win.  His antics annoyed me.

I also got the TS of eclipse/sunrise, Bolshoi, diving, lion, Dalai Lama, Boxer rebellion, obverse, and Vitamin K.  It made me sad that no one knew Elsa was a lion.  Born Free was probably the first movie I ever cried at. I think I was about six or seven when I saw it. 

I said sunrise and sunset.  Not sure how I thought those two things would happen at the same time, LOL.

I didn't see the movie, but I absolutely loved the book Born Free.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I said grenadine instead of cranberry, so I just said it again for the next clue and got it right. 😉 I'm not much of a drinker (one mixed drink a year for a special occasion - until the pandemic), but I did pretty well in the category. Go figure.

I'm not a big drinker but for some reason I tend to do well with the booze categories.

8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I don't think so. The J! Archive doesn't mention it, either. 

Maybe I'm just noticing them because of current events but there seem to be a bunch of  Russia-related clues lately.

8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I got nutmeg but said wind resistance instead of drag.  Probably wouldn't have been an acceptable answer.

I said wind resistance, too.

7 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

FJ: I said, "On the Beach" by Neville Shute.  But looking at imdb, the movie was made in 59, so the book was way earlier than 62.

That was my first thought but then I remembered the category was non-fiction.

8 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

He seemed to calm down later in the game; I wondered if they told him to rein it in during the commercial...

• Love 3

Since the game was preempted here, and since I'm not currently set up to record at 3am, and since both YouTube videos are missing a minute or two when Ken reads the categories and then also missing the first few clues:
Was there an explanation for the CIRCUMFLEXING ON YOU category? 

Regardless, I did run the CIRCUMFLEXING ON YOU category since it was just well-known French words with strong clues.
I also ran NUMERICAL PHRASES yesterday.
Both categories seemed too easy, but maybe it's just that my areas of knowledge are—shall we say—less trivial? 😆
(I rarely run anything.)
Or maybe grabbing a 10 minute nap before the show is paying off? 
Probably it's just my Golden Years sundowning starts after Jeopardy! now thanks to Daylight Saving Time.
FJ was almost an instaget for me as well. 

I like the new champ well enough, but he didn't hear me yelling "K!" at him repeatedly, which I think would have been a gimme for any serious champion. So I'll give him 2 days before I try to learn his name. Sorry if that's rude. 😞

For those who had the show preempted by basketball and want to watch minus a couple of early minutes of the game, as of this moment this YouTube version is still available:
https://youtu.be/RnFUSPpySzE

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Was there an explanation for the CIRCUMFLEXING ON YOU category? 

No, but all the clues had a circumflex mark in the French word.

Arrêter 
châteaux 
Août 
fenêtre 
bête noire

• Useful 6
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

FJ: I said, "On the Beach" by Neville Shute.  But looking at imdb, the movie was made in 59, so the book was way earlier than 62.

We had the same idea: I thought of Fail-Safe, which was right as far as the year, but was (thank God) fiction.

• Love 5

I'm stunned the Bolshoi was one of their 18 (!!) TS.

Am I supposed to know what Joel was referencing with that voice on his lacrosse answer for the fencing clue?  (If so, it's right there with "Alright, alright, alright" in the Pop Culture Things I've Never Come Across file.)  Or was it just something randomly odd, like his FJ answer?

It wasn't a good game for me, either.  I ran ballet (which was a pleasant surprise, as that's not a strong suit) and Irish names, but that was it for the first round.  I got all but one in sports and grab bag, but missed three in beastly lit and two in circumflexing.

I was terrible in DJ; even more painful than all those TS.  I didn't run a single category.  I got all but one in shade, but I blew history entirely, and missed three each in the rest.  Several I just couldn't spit out in time, but there were a lot I didn't know.  I was most displeased.

I did get FJ, at least, and pretty quickly, so I ended on a high note.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Am I supposed to know what Jeff was referencing with that voice on his lacrosse answer for the fencing clue?  (If so, it's right there with "Alright, alright, alright" in the Pop Culture Things I've Never Come Across file.)  Or was it just something randomly odd, like his FJ answer?

I assumed he had one of those moments between ringing in and responding where you realize you have no idea and he gave his response in a weird voice only because he felt sheepish. I'm not aware of any allusion or reference he could have been making. 

I felt like I had Murphy bed on the tip of my tongue but kept coming up with Mc surnames instead. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I'm kind of glad Joel didn't win.  His antics annoyed me.

Same here. I felt like he was trying too hard to be a “personality”. Or maybe it was just nerves. Either way, it was a bit much.

1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Well, see - I totally forgot the category was non-fiction. I wish they'd display the category while the music plays.

I have been wishing this forever. More often than not, when the clue is read, I’m asking “Wait, what was the category?”, and then I waste precious time squinting at the board in the background, trying to see what it says. The clue is already displayed on the screen, so it wouldn’t take much extra space to just write the category name above it.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Driad said:

Contrast Switzerland, where they say, "If the ten o'clock train doesn't arrive at ten o'clock, it's either not a Swiss train or not a Swiss clock."

I'm Swiss and I'd never heard this before. Absolutely love it. 😂

• Love 3

The night before last I got the missed DD of dray, nutmeg and N. Macedonia. Alright Alright Alright was an instaget. Last night I got Bolshoi, hockey, Wild Bill Hickock (Loved Deadwood), Smithsonian, Poland, water and the missed DD of vitamin K. I blew FJ.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

No, but all the clues had a circumflex mark in the French word.

Arrêter 
châteaux 
Août 
fenêtre 
bête noire

Between that category and the Renard clue it was a good day to speak French on Jeopardy.

Once again, Jeopardy contestants don't know Ottawa. Alex would be so sad.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Or Japan where if it's 1 minute early or late it's not on time.

Or in the military where 5 minutes early is being on time. I was so indoctrinated into that as a child, that I usually get places 10 minutes early so I can make sure I'm there five minutes early.  I thought it was me, but then my former boss (also a military brat) was the same way, so we figure it was growing up in the military that did that to us.

10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The clue is already displayed on the screen, so it wouldn’t take much extra space to just write the category name above it.

I may have been imagining this - but didn't they do this sometime earlier in the season? I remember thinking that it was an improvement, but didn't notice that it went away.

It was an okay game. I got FJ, though I thought it was Silent (forgot rhyming word), and finally came around to the right word. Had to remind myself it was non-fiction while I was figuring it out.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 3

For FJ I knew right away it was that book written by Rachel Carson but Silent Spring took a little longer to pull out.

I did get the ts's or missed DDs of lion (I loved Born Free, movie and book, and even the song), Ottawa (River), obverse, and obeisence.

Not really a great game for me.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Lots of TSes (8 in J! and 10 in DJ, plus both DDs)...I got Bolshoi, peasant, eclipse/sunrise, parkour, Elsa the lion, Jack Ryan, Boxer Rebellion, obeisance, and Vitamin K (DD).

I got most of those, as well as Smithson, obverse, Dalai Lama, and diving.  I missed peasant despite having actually seen Giselle and knowing she was a peasant.  And I had no clue for the vitamin question.  I should've known the Ottawa river because I've been to Ottawa twice and took a boat ride on the Rideau Canal; I think if the clue hadn't been a video one and I'd have seen Rideau spelled out, I would've gotten it.

For FJ I went with what's probably the biggest ecological book ever.  Silent Spring seemed a safe bet.

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Same here. I felt like he was trying too hard to be a “personality”. Or maybe it was just nerves. Either way, it was a bit much.

It struck me as being nerves, which is why he seemed to calm down after the first few minutes of the game.

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Last night I got Bolshoi, hockey, Wild Bill Hickock (Loved Deadwood),

I did something I've done before and said "Wild Bill Cody".  Oy.

Other than the chemical category where Smithson was my sole correct answer, I did pretty well last night.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I may have been imagining this - but didn't they do this sometime earlier in the season? I remember thinking that it was an improvement, but didn't notice that it went away.

They did. For a few games anyway, I'm not sure if it was even for a whole week but I wish they had kept it. I usually ff through all the commercial breaks so sometimes I start before they reveal the FJ category, so if I don't pay attention when Ken reads it I'm really at sea.

I did get Silent Spring. (Silent Spring was given as a clue in a Decades category in January, I thought I had heard it recently)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Last night I got Bolshoi, hockey, Wild Bill Hickock (Loved Deadwood)

Deadwood is an all time favorite of mine. And when none of them seemed aware of the reference, they all became a little deadtome.

39 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

They did. For a few games anyway, I'm not sure if it was even for a whole week but I wish they had kept it. 

How did I miss this?? And since it’s been tried, it probably won’t be coming back. That’s disappointing.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, Katy M said:
On 9/13/2021 at 6:29 PM, chitowngirl said:

I noticed they put the FJ category over the clue!

I did, too, mostly because I forgot what it was and I was like, zoiks, do they want a city, or a state or a site.  Oh, 13 colonies, OK, Rhode Island.

Found this back on page one! 👆

And then on September 21 Saber posted: No category header over the FJ clue tonight.

So it lasted about a week.

Edited by dgpolo
Added info.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dgpolo said:

They did. For a few games anyway, I'm not sure if it was even for a whole week but I wish they had kept it. I usually ff through all the commercial breaks so sometimes I start before they reveal the FJ category, so if I don't pay attention when Ken reads it I'm really at sea.

I'm glad to know I wasn't imagining things. Sad to know they tried it and stopped, which likely means they won't do it again, as @30 Helens said.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1

Ran Seuss Characters and missed only one in every other category except Easy Peasy where I missed two. Not so good in the second round but I did get all the DDs and FJ was an instaget.

My TSes were hollandaise, exchange rates, what (the Norwegian 'w'), Carrie Underwood, loupe, and Narragansett Bay (DD).

11 hours ago, vibeology said:

Between that category and the Renard clue it was a good day to speak French on Jeopardy.

I'd like to think I would have gotten it anyway, but earlier this week I saw a collection of disapproving Corgi pictures on Bored Panda that included this trio who are all named "Fox" in different languages  ⁠— Volpe, Renard And Räv (Latin, French, and Swedish, respectively), so that hepled.

242219202_10159496910327184_621780578315

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5

I had to read the clue 3 times, but I got lede.

I got the missed clues of what, hollondaise (sp?), Narragansett, Carrie Underwood, dental hygienist and loupe.

I got the entire categories of 5 w's and Biblical qoutes right. 

• Love 2

Another instaget FJ for me tonight.  It probably helps that I was involved in both my high school and college newspapers, though I was more a behind the scenes person than a writer/reporter.

I also got the TS of exchange rates, what, Hollandaise, Easy Rawlins, Narragansett, and loupe.

I loved the limericks!  I hope she gave a copy to Ken.

• Love 4

The category for final J! and the clue are visible on the tv screen during the beginning of the think music, and again at the end. If that's not enough, how hard is it to have writing utensil and paper at hand to write it down after the category reveal before station break?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, vibeology said:

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

242219202_10159496910327184_621780578315I'd like to think I would have gotten it anyway, but earlier this week I saw a collection of disapproving Corgi pictures on Bored Panda that included this trio who are all named "Fox" in different languages  ⁠— Volpe, Renard And Räv (Latin, French, and Swedish, respectively), so that hepled.

Hah! I missed the Renard clue (distracted) and was mad too because I couldn't definitively say I got it.
But I'm really glad you posted about the Corgi's with foxy names, because my daughter asked me to paint a fox birthday card for her friend (who is like an extra daughter to me and loves foxes) and I thought it came out looking more like a Corgi than a fox. But now I won't worry about it, since that's apparently a thing?

image.png.b53171d846f01c629a2ef1c0806388c7.png

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Hah! I missed the Renard clue (distracted) and was mad too because I couldn't definitively say I got it.
But I'm really glad you posted about the Corgi's with foxy names, because my daughter asked me to paint a fox birthday card for her friend (who is like an extra daughter to me and loves foxes) and I thought it came out looking more like a Corgi than a fox. But now I won't worry about it, since that's apparently a thing?

image.png.b53171d846f01c629a2ef1c0806388c7.png

Looks like a fox to me!

• Love 6

That was a really evenly matched game.  Still a lot of TS, but half as many as last night!  Dental hygienist, exchange rate, hollandaise, and loupe are all responses I would have incorrectly predicted someone would get, but none of them truly surprised me. 

I blew the entire Seuss category (boo, hiss).  If only they'd asked about The Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2, Sam-I-Am, and Fox in Socks, I'd have been good to go.  But I got everything else in the first round other than Band of Brothers and the Easy Rawlins TS.

In DJ, I ran tools and middle E, and got all but one in everything else other than the bible category, in which I missed two (which is pretty impressive, and if I'd watched the "Shibboleth" episode of The West Wing more recently, I'd have come up with another).

FJ was an instaget, so other than Dr. Seuss, this was a really great game for me.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

The category for final J! and the clue are visible on the tv screen during the beginning of the think music, and again at the end. If that's not enough, how hard is it to have writing utensil and paper at hand to write it down after the category reveal before station break?

You're right, it's not an impossibly difficult problem to solve.  But it would be a nice convenience and I wonder why they briefly tried it in FJ and didn't keep it.  I know some folks like to track their results with pen and paper but that's not for me.  I often watch on the bus or train and prefer to follow the KISS principle.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

But I got everything else in the first round other than Band of Brothers and the Easy Rawlins TS.

I came up with Band of Brothers only because I have been listening to the podcast Dead Eyes lately. 

21 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

But [displaying the category alongside the clue] would be a nice convenience and I wonder why they briefly tried it in FJ and didn't keep it.  

Maybe if they receive feedback asking to get it back they would change their mind? 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

You're right, it's not an impossibly difficult problem to solve.  But it would be a nice convenience and I wonder why they briefly tried it in FJ and didn't keep it.  I know some folks like to track their results with pen and paper but that's not for me.  I often watch on the bus or train and prefer to follow the KISS principle.

And if I can't remember the category through the commercials, I'm not likely to remember where I put the pen and paper.  LOL

• LOL 12

But I got everything else in the first round other than Band of Brothers and the Easy Rawlins TS.

I rode in a hotel elevator --at a writers conference-- with Walter Mosley, author of Easy Rawlins. I was so awestruck I couldn't say anything until we reached the ground floor, whereupon I said, "I like your books, Mr. Mosely." He said, "Thanks."

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

if I'd watched the "Shibboleth" episode of The West Wing more recently, I'd have come up with another).

When the clue came up I said "Oh! It's that thing from the West Wing. Shibb something".

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Born Free being a TS made my husband and me feel really old. 

Some things do make me feel old, but in Jeopardy's case, I always think "aw, they're too young." 😉

16 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Hard - not at all. But Jeopardy is fun for me, and writing things down feels like work. I don't even keep close track until the next morning, when I look at J! Archive as I read the forum.

Lede was an instaget - "bury the lede" is an expression I often use. Once I used it in an email with a former friend who was a stringer for a local newspaper - and they thought I'd misspelled it. Not the reason they're a  former friend. 🤣

Pillbugs may be the only "insect" (I'm not going to differentiate deliberately) outside of ladybugs that I actually liked as a kid. They wouldn't offend me even as an adult.

Got most of Seuss - "Hop on Pop" is deep in our hearts as parents because we found our 4 year old secretly reading it out loud to herself. That's how we learned she could read.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 11

I had a decent night. I surprised myself by getting all of the South American History questions correct. I also came up with exchange rates, Hollandaise, tangine, Narragansett, Che G, dental hygienist, locksmith and loupe. 
    I liked that Michael pronounced Bogota correctly. I also sat a bit straighter when I heard Dolly Parton’s name. Then I relaxed because she’s been in the news a fair bit lately regarding her nomination into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I loved the limerick that Debra wrote for Ken. I also hope she gave a copy of it to Ken. I write the FJ category down on my score sheet. Yes, I still write down all the TS’s (starring the ones I got correct) and even have my score paper from Alex’s last game. It’s now a momento. 

• Love 5

Re FJ, I knew that I had the word somewhere in my brain files but I could not find it last night. 

I did get the ts's or missed DDs of Narragansett, Easy Rawlins, loupe, dental hygienist, and what. An okay game for me.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

. I also came up with exchange rates, Hollandaise, tangine, Narragansett, Che G, dental hygienist, locksmith and loupe. 

I have guessed Narragansett for several bay clues recently (not necessarily on Jeopardy) I was always wrong. For this one, I thought it, then thought it was probably wrong so didn't say anything. 😞

• Love 1

I had to go back and check the archive for the wording of the Dental Hygienist clue because I remember thinking it didn't make sense.

Floss & polishers are among the tools of those of this job; the women who did it were first allowed to wear pants in 1971

There are so many different hygienists working in so many different situations.  Do they have some kind of governing board or code of conduct or something, that required or "allowed" them to dress a certain way?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Pillbugs may be the only "insect" (I'm not going to differentiate deliberately" outside of ladybugs that I actually liked as a kid.

I cry a little foul on the pill bug clue.  Not everyone grew up calling them pill bugs.  Some people call them sow bugs, and some call them rolly poly bugs.  Or however you spell "rolly".  Spellcheck really doesn't like that word at all, no matter how I try to spell it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I cry a little foul on the pill bug clue.  Not everyone grew up calling them pill bugs.  Some people call them sow bugs, and some call them rolly poly bugs.  Or however you spell "rolly".  Spellcheck really doesn't like that word at all, no matter how I try to spell it.

We called them wood lice. I suppose they could have left the word medicinal out of the clue and accepted any valid name but I feel like they try to come up with clues that narrow the possibilities down as much as possible. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I loved the limerick that Debra wrote for Ken. I also hope she gave a copy of it to Ken.

That was a very nice limerick - and Ken looked delighted when she said she'd written one for him.

• Love 9