Type keyword(s) to search

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

Current Release Date: December 17, 2021

Spoiler about who was spotted on set with Spider-Man...

Spoiler

Spider-Man 3 Toy Teases No Way Home's [OMITTED WORDS]
BY RACHEL LABONTE     August 2, 2021
https://screenrant.com/spiderman-3-movie-mcu-multiverse-toys-images/ 

Spoiler

Multiversal consequences are coming for Peter Parker in Spider-Man: No Way Home, according to a toy now available for pre-order online. The MCU's Spider-Man 3, which once again stars Tom Holland, is just one of several Phase 4 projects expected to jump into the Marvel multiverse following the game-changing developments of the Loki season finale. In addition to picking up from where Spider-Man: Far From Home left off, No Way Home is expected to face the multiverse head on with the arrival of several familiar faces from past Spider-Man franchises, from Tobey Maguire to Andrew Garfield.

Of course, Marvel has yet to confirm the bulk of these castings for Spider-Man: No Way Home, which is scheduled for release in December of this year. Fans are eagerly awaiting the debut of the first No Way Home trailer, though so far, the biggest reveals regarding the movie have come from toys. Over the past several weeks, merchandise for Spider-Man 3 have unveiled things like Peter Parker's new suit and Doctor Strange's (Benedict Cumberbatch) role in the film. Though much about Spider-Man: No Way Home remains a mystery, it's clear that this will be the MCU's biggest Spidey movie yet.
The description for a set of new Spider-Man action figures teases what lies ahead for Peter in No Way Home. As posted on Entertainment Earth, the blurb for the Spider-Man: No Way Home 6 inch action figures mentions that each one draws inspiration from the movies, and that they all operate with "lots of articulation," which is perhaps in reference to the magic they are able to wield. Additionally, the toys tease some potential "multiversal consequences," further tying the movie to the upcoming multiverse. The figures themselves include two of Peter and one of Mysterio (Jake Gyllenhaal), though it's noted he specifically comes from Far From Home instead of the latest film.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Speculation that official trailer will be released on August 10...

Here’s When You Can Expect Sony To Release the Spider-Man No Way Home Trailer
by Rahul Majumdar     August 2, 2021 
https://in.ign.com/spider-man-no-way-home/163804/feature/sony-spider-man-no-way-home-trailer-release-date-speculation 

Spider-Man: No Way Home, Sony Picture's third film featuring the wall-crawler in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is only four months away from release, but the lack of marketing for the film has some fans worried. But even if we assume that the film is on track for its December 17 release date, what's stopping Sony from marketing the film? After all, the national Spider-Man day just took place yesterday (August 1), but there has been no word on when fans can expect the first trailer, or even poster, for the film to be released.
For starters, let’s take a look at Sony’s first comic-book movie of the year, Venom: Let There Be Carnage. The film is slated for release this September, and its first trailer released in early May. That’s almost 4 months away from the release date, which is cutting it close for marketing such a big film. Of course, the film is an exception since it was delayed by almost a year from its initial October release date in 2020. Venom: Let There Be Carnage is currently slated to release in theaters only, and it’s possible that Sony will decide on Spider-Man: No Way Home’s release strategy after seeing how Venom performs in the box office.

Since Venom: Let There Be Carnage releases before No Way Home, Sony is expected to release another trailer for the film this month. Pushing No Way Home’s marketing further so as to not clash with Venom’s hype seems reasonable.
While most fans expected Sony to release the trailer, or at a first-look poster on August 1, Sony Pictures' Japanese Twitter account seems to be hinting at something special coming on August 10.

The account is celebrating Spider-Man fan week, although the event itself runs for 10 days, ending on August 10, which is also Peter Parker’s birth-day. August 10 is also close to the date on which the comic book Amazing Fantasy #15 debuted, which marked the first appearance of Spider-Man on the page.

Twitter user @thelocalbabyok seems to have struck a chord with the fanbase with their speculation regarding the trailer's release date, which seems to make sense.

There are also rumours of the film possibly getting delayed as Sony is cautious of the Covid-19 Delta variant affecting theatre capacity. Not much is known about the film except that it will somehow tie into the pre-MCU Spider-Man films, including the Sam Raimi directed trilogy and the Amazing Spider-Man films starring Andrew Garfield.
Spider-Man: No Way Home is slated to release on December 17, 2021 in theatres exclusively, and will tie into next year's Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

'SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME' [OMITTED WORDS] SUIT REVEALED

Spoiler

The new black and gold suit for Spider-Man: No Way Home stands revealed through promo art and a Hot Toys action figure.

The pics also reveal the suit has a bit of red added to the arms, which I suppose makes it stand out from the black Spider-Man costume from the comics that spawned Venom.

The Hot Toys description also offers the possible origins of the black and gold suit as "mystic spider-web effects" are mentioned, so maybe Doctor Strange designs this suit, similar to how Tony Stark designed all the other suits.
spider-man-black-gold-suit-hot-toys-1.jp

spider-man-black-gold-suit-hot-toys-2.jp

spider-man-black-gold-suit-hot-toys-3.jp

spider-man-black-gold-suit-hot-toys-4.jp

spider-man-black-gold-suit-hot-toys-5.jp 

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Promo Material Teases Spidey’s New Powers

Spoiler

It seems promotion for Marvel Studios’ Spider-Man: No Way Home is beginning to pick up steam. Sunday, art for the film featuring Spider-Man and Doctor Strange surfaced online, teasing what appears to be the Web-Head’s new abilities.

Based on the promotional material below, it seems that Benedict Cumberbatch will have a significant role in the film. Additionally, it looks like Spider-Man’s new black and gold suit will feature some interesting abilities.

As you can see in the third and fourth images, the suit features a mystical symbol over the chest piece similar to those created by Doctor Strange and other sorcerers. But what is very intriguing is what the fourth image reveals. Not only does Spidey have the symbol over his chest, but he is also casting them with his webbing, which would suggest the Wall-Crawler will harness the mystical arts in the film. The new web shooter visible in the image looks rather similar to other items used by Strange, so it could be possible they are providing the hero with this new power.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Merchandise Turns Spidey Into [OMITTED WORDS]

Spoiler

Should the theatrical schedule hold strong, Spider-Man (Tom Holland) is about to become a Master of the Mystic Arts. Weeks after the film's first premium toys were released, unveiling the character's fancy new suits, the floodgates have opened on additional merchandising and apparel. Sunday afternoon, promo art for a variety of products began to surface online, and a substantial amount of the artwork features Spidey's new black and gold suit with some extra magic-related enchantments.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Kevin Feige: "But, yes, on December 17th, we have the third in our Homecoming trilogy, uh, with Sony and with Jon Watts, with Amy Pascal and Tom Holland. So I can only guarantee that there will be trailer before the movie comes out."

MCU Phase 4, Secret Wars, Deadpool 3, Fantastic Four Updates (Exclusive Interview)
Comicbook.com    Aug 20, 2021

Edited by tv echo

I guess a low quality version of the trailer (or part of it) leaked today?  I didn't watch it and Sony is trying to get in front of it, but tick tock...they are hyping by having nothing, so I figured footage would get out.  Anyone see it?  Thoughts?  I'll hold until the real thing gets out there.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I guess a low quality version of the trailer (or part of it) leaked today?  I didn't watch it and Sony is trying to get in front of it, but tick tock...they are hyping by having nothing, so I figured footage would get out.  Anyone see it?  Thoughts?  I'll hold until the real thing gets out there.

I saw it. Curiosity got the better of me LOL It looks like a pretty good movie. I will say that I think they've kind of shot themselves in the foot by waiting so long to release it because the big "surprise" at the end of the trailer was not news to me. It might be for the less Marvel obsessed individual, but if you've been following news and rumors about the movie, it likely won't be the huge moment they want it to be. There was another potential Easter egg that would excite me more, but the quality was too poor to confirm if it was what I thought it was. 

Overall, I think it looks good. I'm hoping that with this leak, they'll be forced to release it sooner than planned, but with effects unfinished they'd probably really have to rush or else cut a new trailer. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Overall, I think it looks good. I'm hoping that with this leak, they'll be forced to release it sooner than planned, but with effects unfinished they'd probably really have to rush or else cut a new trailer. 

I’m guessing that the leak was of an earlier version and they have a finished version. Sony has a 3-hour presentation today at CinemaCon and there were several rumors that the trailer would be released there. 

(edited)

From the schedule for CinemaCon 2021, August 23-26, 2021 (Las Vegas, NV) ...
https://cinemacon.com/schedule#horizontalTab1

MONDAY, 23 AUGUST
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM

CINEMACON 2021 OPENING NIGHT:
THE BIG SCREEN IS BACK
(Doors open at 5:30pm)

Sony Pictures Entertainment Kicks Things Off with an Exclusive Presentation Highlighting its Upcoming Releases

Hosted by
Josh Greenstein, President, Sony Picture Entertainment Motion Picture Group
Adrian Smith, President, Domestic Releasing, Sony Pictures Entertainment
Steven O’Dell, President, International Releasing, Sony Pictures Entertainment

(The use of cameras or any electronic devices – audio or video – is strictly prohibited. Please completely power down your mobile devices before the start of the presentation.)

Edited by tv echo
37 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

It’s heeeeeeeere!

🤯🤯🤯🤯
All I can say it seems like everybody was messing with the multiverse at the same time…

Damn, that looks good.

Strange and Wong are going to be very busy over the next year. 

"That feels weird, but I'll allow it." I am going to love Steven and Peter's wild ride through the multiverse. This looks like its going to be a ton of fun, I have been avoiding too many spoilers so I full on gasped when Alfred Molina showed up with his robot arms. Even knowing that this would be a big multiverse crossover that was still awesome. 

Between this, WandaVision, and Loki, Strange and Wong are going to be very busy for awhile, what with everyone making balloon animals out of the multiverse. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I have to admit "One More Day" is not a story beat I thought they would go for.  But I find myself surprisingly into the idea of Strange stepping into Tony's role in Peter's life.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I get wanting to help the kid out, but damn it seems like Strange took some stupid pills.

Seriously! I hope Wong spends the most of Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness going “I told you so!” 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

I get wanting to help the kid out, but damn it seems like Strange took some stupid pills.

Yeah, that didn't settle well with me.  Dr. Strange is supposed to the "the best and brightest of us", but he cast that spell?  My son and husband are speculating that Peter caused the screw up because he was talking so much that Steven was distracted.  Otherwise, it looks good.  I don't read much about Marvel between movies, so I had no idea that Dr. Strange was going to have such a big role in this one.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Geez, maybe discuss the terms and conditions of the spell BEFORE you start casting it!

Strange casting the spell was the only stretch I saw in the trailer. But I guess it was a necessary stretch to kick things off.

1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

People are already speculating that Strange is being stupid because he’s a Skrull, but I think this is just another example of the MCU’s inconsistency with its own characters.

I think there are three main possibilities.

1. Strange is going through something and/or really is just that irresponsible

2. He's an impostor.  Skulls don't have that ability in the comics?  Who cares, the MCU can change things and the vast majority of the audience won't care as long as it doesn't hurt the story.  I don't think Vision ever lifted Mjolnir in the comics but no one really objected.

3. It's all a trick Strange is doing to show Peter that you've got to move forward and deal with both the good and the bad rather than just getting a magic reset button.  He lost his snarky, goatee wearing mentor so who better to take the mantle than another snarky, goatee wearing guy.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

I think there are three main possibilities.

1. Strange is going through something and/or really is just that irresponsible

2. He's an impostor.  Skulls don't have that ability in the comics?  Who cares, the MCU can change things and the vast majority of the audience won't care as long as it doesn't hurt the story.  I don't think Vision ever lifted Mjolnir in the comics but no one really objected.

3. It's all a trick Strange is doing to show Peter that you've got to move forward and deal with both the good and the bad rather than just getting a magic reset button.  He lost his snarky, goatee wearing mentor so who better to take the mantle than another snarky, goatee wearing guy.

Strange was waking around a frozen house wearing sweats and his entire demeanor seemed off so I’m expecting that something more happening. He also could be a variant. 

Even with that, a stupid spell doesn’t feel that out of character me. He spends his entire movie breaking rules and doing things he has been explicitly told not to do. I doubt he’s doing it just because Peter asked but he definitely could be taking a big risk for a purpose only he knows. 

1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

Can't be a Skrull, they don't have abilities.

I could have sworn that some Skrulls were super like some terrains. Besides Strange like Stark learned his trade

Apparently there is speculation that the person who slammed down the files in the interrogation room is Matt Murdock.  But, he's a lawyer and a defense attorney as well, so I don't know why he'd be in the interrogation room (seemingly) angrily slamming down files.  It would be cool to see him in the movie, though.  I've always thought it would be fun to have some of the Netflix Marvel heroes have cameos in some of the movies.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2

Glad we got an official look at the trailer now and while I'm excited, I definitely have to think something is going on with Doctor Strange, because he really was way too casual, sloppy, and even kind of idiotic with how he summoned the supposed spell.  I just don't see him doing it, unless it's all going to be because he feels bad for Peter over everything that happened in Endgame (especially Tony's death.)  But for now, I have to think something is at play here.  I know there was jokes/memes about how Multiverse of Madness will be Strange pulling his hair out over all the shit Wanda and Loki did, but if this is really true, it really should be about Wong just sitting all of them down and being all "Listen, assholes!  Knock it off!"

Not sure what got me the most excited: Alfred Molina/Doc Ock's appearance or hearing Willem Dafoe's iconic cackle when you see the green sphere.  Should be fun!  Well, maybe not for Peter...

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Apparently there is speculation that the person who slammed down the files in the interrogation room is Matt Murdock.  But, he's a lawyer and a defense attorney as well, so I don't know why he'd be in the interrogation room (seemingly) angrily slamming down files.  It would be cool to see him in the movie, though.  I've always thought it would be fun to have some of the Netflix Marvel heroes have cameos in some of the movies.

I just checked the video, and while Peter is being interrogated, it's an empty table, when headless file slamming guy walks in, there's a crate of files on the table, so I'm guessing Matt Murdock could have shown up to represent Peter (he's got a right to an attorney...) either with evidence in hand, or demanding that it be presented.

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

There’s been a rumor that Charlie Cox would be in the movie for months. There is a clear cut in the trailer before he appears and Peter is looking through files in a way that suggests a lawyer consultation more than interrogation. It go either way. If it’s not him they are trolling the fans. 

Edited by Guest

Doing the frame by frame thing it doesn't look like a hard fighter bodied Murdock is doing the slamming.  But then we once saw a Hulk charging through Wakanda in a MCU trailer when he didn't. 

57 minutes ago, Raja said:

Doing the frame by frame thing it doesn't look like a hard fighter bodied Murdock is doing the slamming.  But then we once saw a Hulk charging through Wakanda in a MCU trailer when he didn't. 

There’s also a shot with someone dressing the same walking but they don’t have a cane. I guess anything is possible.

If they really wanted to mess with people it would be Charlie Cox playing someone other than Matt Murdock. 🤯

Edited by Guest
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

People are already speculating that Strange is being stupid because he’s a Skrull, but I think this is just another example of the MCU’s inconsistency with its own characters.

4 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Can't be a Skrull, they don't have abilities.

Isn't shape-shifting an ability? Talos impersonated Nick Fury's boss in Captain Marvel, so well that Fury only caught on because he called him Nicholas. If you mean magical abilities, I would think those could be learned, the same way Strange learned his. Or he could be just a variant. Or Mephisto. That's been speculated too.

Also, I have a vital question - why does Doc Ock look like John Lennon?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dr. Strange's origin movie  literally ended with a character hunting other sorcerers and an army of them showed up in the Endgame "on your left" moment.  it would seem that learning enough magic to be dangerous is easier in the MCU than becoming a physical super soldier a bit below Captain America or a herb enhanced Black Panther. 

5 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Isn't shape-shifting an ability? Talos impersonated Nick Fury's boss in Captain Marvel, so well that Fury only caught on because he called him Nicholas. If you mean magical abilities, I would think those could be learned, the same way Strange learned his. Or he could be just a variant. Or Mephisto. That's been speculated too.

Also, I have a vital question - why does Doc Ock look like John Lennon?

It is more like that they can look like Captain Marvel and know some of her memories but can't mimic her superhuman abilities.

Strange started off as an arrogant ass, maybe he just figured he can do/control everything after Endgame?  Alternatively he could be possessed or manipulated or maybe not even him...not Skrull but, maybe he's a Variant or some other Sorcerer?

It was awesome seeing Doc Ock, that is still my Favorite Spider-Man movie. I heard William Dafoe's Green Goblin/Norman Osborne. I have to watch again to see what I missed. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Apparently there is speculation that the person who slammed down the files in the interrogation room is Matt Murdock. 

Rolled up sleeves, dark skinny tie, a lawyer good enough to get Peter out of detention for suspected murder. . ?

Strange's cavalier attitude in the trailer feels more in line with Tony than Stephen.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, starri said:

I have to admit "One More Day" is not a story beat I thought they would go for.  But I find myself surprisingly into the idea of Strange stepping into Tony's role in Peter's life.

I and almost everyone else thought the same thing, but technically I think OMD was about undoing Peter and MJ’s marriage to save Aunt May, while One Moment In Time (OMIT) was about Dr Strange undoing the Civil War unmasking, thus re-establishing Peter’s secret identity.

• Useful 1
On 8/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

It was awesome seeing Doc Ock,

I still can't believe Doctor Octopus and Mellersh Wilkins in Enchanted April are played by the same actor (Alfred Molina). 

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree that Doctor Strange seemed odd in that new Spider-Man trailer. Maybe something happens in one of the MCU movies or series preceding Spider-Man: No Way Home (like What If...?, Shang-Chi or Eternals)? Or maybe Doctor Strange is being affected by no longer having the Time Stone? And what's with his frozen over Sanctum? Here's another hint that something's off with Doctor Strange...

EXCLUSIVE: ‘Shang-Chi’ Director Addresses The Doctor Strange Questions Hanging Over Phase 4
BY ERIC ITALIANO     AUGUST 24, 2021
https://brobible.com/culture/article/shang-chi-director-doctor-strange/ 

During an interview with Shang-Chi director Destin Daniel Cretton, I have the Short Term 12 and Just Mercy filmmaker a chance to get ahead of the curve and share his explanation as to why the Sorcerer Supreme is noticeably absent from Phase 4 events (thus far), and his answer certainly didn’t disappoint.

“I will respond by saying you’re not alone in asking that question and there is a *very clear* answer to that question. All of those types of ‘Where people are in the universe at this particular moment’ — there are clear reasons why Doctor Strange is not there. I wish we could’ve put Doctor Strange in our movie. But there are very clear reasons why the characters who showed up could show up very briefly, there’s also a very clear reason why they’re not physically in the room. But, all of that is a big conversation with Kevin [Feige] and the producers and directors who are working on other things.”

Edited by tv echo

Benedict Cumberbatch commented on the relationship between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange in Spider-Man: No Way Home...

Benedict Cumberbatch Gets Mean
BY REBECCA KEEGAN     SEPTEMBER 8, 2021
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/benedict-cumberbatch-the-power-of-the-dog-movie-doctor-strange-spider-man-no-way-home-1235008551/  

Spoiler

This past fall, Cumberbatch arrived in Atlanta to shoot Doctor Strange’s scenes in Spider-Man: No Way Home, in which his character casts a spell that will make the world forget Holland’s Peter Parker is a superhero. “There’s a close relationship,” Cumberbatch says of Strange and Spider-Man. “They’re neighborhood superheroes, and they’ve had an experience or two. They’ve got history. It might be the case that Peter asks me to help him do something? I think I’m allowed to say that much. I help him fill in his tax returns. That’s what I do.”

ETA: I don't think it's really a spoiler, given the release of the trailer, but I used spoiler tags just to be safe.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Quote and pics below...

Tom Holland opens up about Spider-Man: No Way Home and facing off against [OMITTED WORDS]
By Devan Coggan   October 14, 2021 
https://ew.com/movies/tom-holland-spider-man-no-way-home-preview/ 

Spoiler

Tom Holland made a new friend on the set of Spider-Man: No Way Home — or is that an old enemy? The 25-year-old actor suited up again for his third solo Spidey film, this one picking up after Peter Parker's secret identity went public in 2019's Far From Home. As Peter scrambles to take control of his life, he finds himself facing off against familiar foes — including Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, reprising his eight-limbed role from 2004's Spider-Man 2.

Holland, who didn't start slinging webs until 2016, couldn't help but geek out over the veteran Molina, calling him "one of my favorite people I've ever worked with."

"It was really fun to watch him see how technology has advanced," Holland adds. "When he was making these films, the arms were puppets, and when we did it, they're all imaginary and CG. It was quite cool to see him relive it, but also relearn it."
In No Way Home, Peter is trying to juggle his newfound infamy, schoolwork, and his burgeoning relationship with MJ (Zendaya). He turns to Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange for a magical fix, inadvertently triggering a cascade of universe-threatening problems. Adding mystical portals and sorcerers to Spider-Man's normally down-to-earth world allowed Holland and Watts to get more inventive than ever, and Holland teases that the fight scenes are "a lot more visceral," with "a lot more hand-to-hand combat."
"We were all treating [No Way Home] as the end of a franchise, let's say," he adds. "I think if we were lucky enough to dive into these characters again, you'd be seeing a very different version. It would no longer be the Homecoming trilogy. We would give it some time and try to build something different and tonally change the films. Whether that happens or not, I don't know. But we were definitely treating [No Way Home] like it was coming to an end, and it felt like it."
"If you're not willing to focus and do the prep work, you're going to get called out," Holland says with a laugh. "Because when you're dealing with magic spells and dimensions, it really gets complicated."

Spoiler

FBqyjmiXEAEF3xt?format=jpg 

FBqyjmkWYAMOLg5?format=jpg

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spider-Man: No Way Home Is ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’, Says Director Jon Watts – Exclusive Images
By Ben Travis    Oct 23, 2021
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/no-way-home-is-spider-man-endgame-says-jon-watts-exclusive/ 

Spoiler

Make no mistake – No Way Home is going to be a BIG movie. “We’re definitely trying to be ambitious,” director Jon Watts tells Empire in the upcoming new issue. How ambitious? “It’s ‘Spider-Man: Endgame’,” he says, laughing, but seemingly not joking. Part of that ambition? Bringing across some familiar villains from previous Spider-Man films that, until now, haven’t been a part of Marvel Studio’s interconnected Marvel Cinematic Universe – including Alfred Molina’s Otto Octavius (aka Doctor Octopus, aka Doc Ock), who formerly menaced Tobey Maguire’s Peter Parker way back in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 2.
spider-man-no-way-home-excl2.jpg 

“When I was first pitched the idea, I was like, ‘Wow, that would be awesome if we could pull it off’,” says Spidey himself, Tom Holland, of the prospect of bringing in famous former foes. “‘But there’s just no way it’s going to work. You’re just not going to be able to get everyone to do what they need to do. It’s just not going to happen.’ But it did happen. And it’s crazy.”
For Marvel boss Kevin Feige, there was no-one better to bring Doc Ock back to the screen than the man who’d portrayed him perfectly back in 2004. “I remember having discussions with Amy Pascal years ago,” says Feige, looking back on the conversations that first brought the Sony-owned Spider-Man into Disney’s MCU. “‘Do we want to revisit villains we’ve seen before?’ No, let’s do Vulture, and Mysterio, and characters we haven’t brought to the screen before. But I remember thinking, ‘How would you even do Doc Ock again?’, because Alfred Molina is perfect casting. If you ever brought him back, it would have to be him somehow.”

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spider-Man: No Way Home Saw Tom Holland Film One Of His ‘Coolest Scenes Ever’ With Mystery Character – Exclusive
By Ben Travis    October 25, 2021
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/spider-man-no-way-home-tom-holland-coolest-scenes-ever-mystery-character-exclusive/ 

Spoiler

... But in the upcoming Spider-Man: No Way Home, the actor tells Empire that he filmed “one of the coolest scenes I’ve ever shot” – a sequence including a character he wasn’t at liberty to divulge.

What he could say is that the scene features his Peter Parker, Marisa Tomei’s Aunt May, and Jon Favreau’s Happy Hogan – along with a mystery fourth character. “It’s four people sitting at a table, having a conversation about what it’s like to be a superhero, and it was amazing,” Holland tells Empire. “The other day we watched the scene, my brother and I, and our jaws were on the floor.” Cue all the speculation about who that fourth chair belongs to. Could it be another Avenger, joining the already-confirmed Doctor Strange? Or might it hint at the long-rumoured crossover between Holland’s Peter Parker, and those played by Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire in previous big-screen live-action iterations of Spider-Man?

For now, when it comes to those live-action ‘Spider-Verse’ whispers, even the famously spoiler-blabbing Holland is very much playing his Spider-cards close to his Spider-chest. “I don’t know,” he says on that front. “I’m always in the dark. If they are, no-one’s told me.” Where’s Mark ‘I’ll Tell You Everything’ Ruffalo when you need him, eh?

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Spider-Man: No Way Home: Two More Classic Villains Confirmed to Return
By Logan Plant   Oct 27, 2021
https://www.ign.com/articles/spiderman-no-way-home-villains-lizard-sandman-confirmed 

Spoiler

Now, thanks to the latest issue of Empire Magazine, we've learned that two more classic Spider-Man villains are joining the roster to face off against Tom Holland's Spider-Man.
According to the magazine, Rhys Ifans' Lizard (Dr. Curt Connors) from The Amazing Spider-Man, as well as Thomas Haden Church's Sandman (Flint Marko) from Spider-Man 3 will be joining the growing list of villains in No Way Home.

Edited by tv echo