Type keyword(s) to search

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

tv echo
  • Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Still not out yet?

I do not know the accuracy of this, but per an IGN article:

"Update: Sony Pictures has suggested that the trailer will drop at 5:30pm Pacific / 8:30pm Eastern today (that's 1:30am UK / 12:30pm AEDT tomorrow)."

6 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I do not know the accuracy of this, but per an IGN article:

"Update: Sony Pictures has suggested that the trailer will drop at 5:30pm Pacific / 8:30pm Eastern today (that's 1:30am UK / 12:30pm AEDT tomorrow)."

OK thanks. Guess I'll check back in 2 hours. With all the Hype I hope it's a good trailer.

15 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm. Well we got ALL the Spidey Villains but, not sign of other Spider-Man(s) if that's going to be thing.

Will have to watch again, I thought I saw Dr Strange smile...it was weird 😂

No matter how many times I tell myself that there's no guarantee the other Spider-men will be in this, I realize that I really do expect it to happen. Marvel hired Sam Raimi, brought in characters from those movies, and set up the existence of the multi-verse...I won't believe Toby and Andrew aren't in it until I'm leaving the movie theater asking how it was possible that they weren't in it 😆 It just feels like a given to me, even though I logically know it's not. 

I wouldn't expect them to be revealed in a trailer if they are in it. 

Maybe I've been watching too much New Rockstars, but I didn't feel like there was much revealed that wasn't already known. Maybe the 24 hour trailer hype built my expectations too high. 

It was still a great trailer and I'm excited to see the movie when it's out! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

No matter how many times I tell myself that there's no guarantee the other Spider-men will be in this, I realize that I really do expect it to happen. Marvel hired Sam Raimi, brought in characters from those movies, and set up the existence of the multi-verse...I won't believe Toby and Andrew aren't in it until I'm leaving the movie theater asking how it was possible that they weren't in it 😆 It just feels like a given to me, even though I logically know it's not. 

Maybe I've been watching too much New Rockstars, but I didn't feel like there was much revealed that wasn't already known. Maybe the 24 hour trailer hype built my expectations too high. 

It was still a great trailer and I'm excited to see the movie when it's out! 

Yeah. I can’t even imagine how bad the reaction will be if it doesn’t happen. It could be the best Spider-Man movie ever made and if Toby and Andrew aren’t there it will go over like a lead balloon with a large portion of the fan base. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

Yeah. I can’t even imagine how bad the reaction will be if it doesn’t happen. It could be the best Spider-Man movie ever made and if Toby and Andrew aren’t there it will go over like a lead balloon with a large portion of the fan base. 

Exactly! Personally I won't be mad if they're not in it (I haven't even seen the Garfield Spider-Man movies) but it seems like a lot of set up for them to not even cameo. 

But the backlash if they're not in it from a large portion of the fans will be ugly for sure. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

See, I really expected the reveal, at least Maguire. I think that's why I wasn't blown away. I remember when Spider-Man showed up in the Civil War Trailer, I was so excited even though I didn't really like Garfield's Spider-Man Movies...I love the character, have since I was a kid.

I expected a last minute glimpse of the other Spidey's, even if it was just the suit. I mean I guess we kind of got that...pretty sure we saw Spider-Venom...that was Spider-Venom from the 3rd Rani flick right?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Exactly! Personally I won't be mad if they're not in it (I haven't even seen the Garfield Spider-Man movies) but it seems like a lot of set up for them to not even cameo. 

But the backlash if they're not in it from a large portion of the fans will be ugly for sure.

They'll be (partially) cancelled out by the fans who would complain about the past webheads sucking away focus from Holland.  Bad enough you're too lazy to come up with new versions of the villains and are importing them, you can't let the current version stand on his own (Iron Man hanging around in the first, Dr. Strange in this one).  And so forth.  I'm still expecting Keaton's Vulture to show up at some point though.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Love 2

So the Black Suit isn't Spider-Venom looks like a brand new suit, possibly connected to Dr Strange.

I was watching Angry Joe reaction video and Alex made a good point, the scene with Spider-Man vs Sandman, Lizard and Electro could have had a 3 on 3 fight and they just erased the other 2 Spider-Men from the trailer.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was watching Angry Joe reaction video and Alex made a good point, the scene with Spider-Man vs Sandman, Lizard and Electro could have had a 3 on 3 fight and they just erased the other 2 Spider-Men from the trailer.

They've slowed down the scene and Lizard looks like he's getting punched but there's no one there. Or is there? 😁

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, I’m seeing the speculation a lot on twitter. It would make a lot more sense than the shot we see which feels like it should be epic but just looks odd. 

It’s weird to me that this trailer feels completely divorced from the teaser. All the speculation about Peter’s legal issues and the impact of the spell completely thrown out the window.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm. Well we got ALL the Spidey Villains but, not sign of other Spider-Man(s) if that's going to be thing.

Will have to watch again, I thought I saw Dr Strange smile...it was weird 😂

All those villains has me feeling at least a little cautious. Because third spider man movie with a bunch of super villains is generally not something I associate with a good movie.

That said, if Bruce Campbell shows up as Mysterio that would be super awesome.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

No matter how many times I tell myself that there's no guarantee the other Spider-men will be in this, I realize that I really do expect it to happen.

I keep reminding myself how Marvel trolled Evan Peters as another Quicksilver in Wandavision, only for him to be some dude named Bohner. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I keep reminding myself how Marvel trolled Evan Peters as another Quicksilver in Wandavision, only for him to be some dude named Bohner. 

I don't worry about that since Sony has been throwing their ownership power around. Feige now has to deal with someone able to say NO to him.

I read some spec that the hand reaching for MJ as she falls will turn out to be Garfield's Spidey which I really want now.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:34 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Who, Mephesto?

At this point they need to just completely troll the audience and have Mephisto be a one and done cameo.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I read some spec that the hand reaching for MJ as she falls will turn out to be Garfield's Spidey which I really want now

That was my first thought. If thought don’t use that as Garfield’s entrance they will have made a huge mistake. I will be so disappointed if it doesn’t happen. 

58 minutes ago, Raja said:

I don't worry about that since Sony has been throwing their ownership power around. Feige now has to deal with someone able to say NO to him.

Truthfully, Sony having more control worries me about this one. I’d finding that I would prefer that the MCU loses Spidey to watching them muddle both cinematic universes by trying to integrate them. The marketing strategy really isn’t easing my worries that this is going to be a clusterfuck. 

8 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

read some spec that the hand reaching for MJ as she falls will turn out to be Garfield's Spidey which I really want now.

I had that thought while watching, that she was in the same situation as Gwen, it would be cool if Garfield Spider-Man saved her

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Dani said:

I will see this. But I'm blanking on the fact that I might have missed the one before where Peter's identity is revealed!

That said, so far, for me, the BESTEST Spidey movie is the animated Miles Morales one--Spider Man: Into the Spider Verse.

And I just can't quite get my head wrapped around the fact that MJ isn't a redhead. Sue me.

• Love 3

It doesn't make sense to me that Doctor Strange says there are visitors from all universes, and we get villains from other universes, but not the other two Peter Parkers.   Would be nice if there was at least a cameo appearance.  

So far I count five villains - Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Lizard, Sandman.  Is there going to be a sixth to make the Sinister Six?  Is there still speculation that Tom Hardy's Venom shows up?  Or maybe the sixth is Ned Leeds' Hobgoblin?

49 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will see this. But I'm blanking on the fact that I might have missed the one before where Peter's identity is revealed!

That said, so far, for me, the BESTEST Spidey movie is the animated Miles Morales one--Spider Man: Into the Spider Verse.

And I just can't quite get my head wrapped around the fact that MJ isn't a redhead. Sue me.

If it may help you to remember, the most recent movie was Far From Home, where the kids went on a European trip.  They went to Venice, Prague and London.  

I don't mind that MJ isn't white or a redhead, but I don't understand why her name is Michelle Jones and not Mary Jane Watson.  Why not give her the name from the comics?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, blackwing said:

If it may help you to remember, the most recent movie was Far From Home, where the kids went on a European trip.  They went to Venice, Prague and London.  

Okay, I did see that one! But I swear, I don't remember his identity as Spider Man being revealed.

19 minutes ago, blackwing said:

It doesn't make sense to me that Doctor Strange says there are visitors from all universes, and we get villains from other universes, but not the other two Peter Parkers.   Would be nice if there was at least a cameo appearance.  

In the trailer, Dr Strange specifies that the villains were all killed in their universes, so maybe they exist in another realm of the multiverse? And they would have to access another realm to reach the other Peter's who are (as far as we know) still living? If only the dead can appear, maybe Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen will show up to save MJ.

12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Okay, I did see that one! But I swear, I don't remember his identity as Spider Man being revealed.

It was literally the last 5 seconds of the movie before cutting to credits, so easy to miss.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

If only the dead can appear, maybe Emma Stone as Spider-Gwen will show up to save MJ.

I would love that.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They could just let Zendaya color her hair, red would look good on her. But despite the fact that she isn’t a redhead and her name is Michelle Jones, I STILL prefer her to that abomination Kirsten Dunst played—she might have had the name and red hair but she was nothing like the REAL MJ.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

I don't mind that MJ isn't white or a redhead, but I don't understand why her name is Michelle Jones and not Mary Jane Watson.  Why not give her the name from the comics?

Because she’s not intended to be a version of Mary Jane Watson; she’s a completely different personality whose initials are an in-joke.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

So far I count five villains - Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Electro, Lizard, Sandman.  Is there going to be a sixth to make the Sinister Six?  Is there still speculation that Tom Hardy's Venom shows up?  Or maybe the sixth is Ned Leeds' Hobgoblin?

I think it's Hobgoblin, I swear he's the one in the clip on the board with all the bombs flying around him

4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I think the sixth villain is Vulture (Michael Keaton). 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think it's Hobgoblin, I swear he's the one in the clip on the board with all the bombs flying around him

Ah, great call!  At about 2:10.  We just see a shot of Green Goblin, and then the next scene is a guy on a glider.  Looks like a cowl and a yellowish face.  Hobgoblin in the comics had a cowl and a yellow mask.  And since we just saw Gobby, unless he wears two outfits, it's not him.  Looks like this could be Hobgoblin!

I love the depiction of Electro in this movie.  I didn't think they would ever give him the green and yellow outfit with the lightning bolt mask, but I love how the lightning makes the shape of his comic book mask.  I also like Green Goblin's updated outfit.  It's still a little too armourish for me, but at least the helmet is more scary and masklike than the previous version.  I wish it were green and purple though!

I did notice the "Captain America memorial" on top of one of the buildings.  In "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" they never really addressed the fate of Steve Rogers.  The world seems to think he's dead but it was never clarified it he actually died or not.  It was also never clarified what the world thinks happened to him, whether it was explained that he went back in time and decided to stay there, etc.  Or whether they think he died in the battle against Thanos.

On 11/16/2021 at 9:54 PM, calliope1975 said:

They've slowed down the scene and Lizard looks like he's getting punched but there's no one there. Or is there? 😁

Ha, even without the punch he's clearly not leaping at Holland's Spidey, who is higher up and off to the side.  

16 hours ago, blackwing said:

Ah, great call!  At about 2:10.  We just see a shot of Green Goblin, and then the next scene is a guy on a glider.  Looks like a cowl and a yellowish face.  Hobgoblin in the comics had a cowl and a yellow mask.  And since we just saw Gobby, unless he wears two outfits, it's not him.  Looks like this could be Hobgoblin!

It's also possible GG redesigns his costume and ditches the helmet.  He'll take advantage of that fantastic MCU tech that allows you to show your face at dramatically appropriate moments.

• Love 2

Looong article (with lots of TH pics) - warning: minor spoilers...

Tom Holland Is In the Center of the Web
BY OLIVER FRANKLIN-WALLIS     November 17, 2021
https://www.gq.com/story/tom-holland-superhero-of-the-year-2021 

The stakes for No Way Home are even higher. For several movies, Marvel has been establishing Holland as the new center of Marvel’s world. “Tom is stepping into the role that Robert Downey once occupied for Marvel, which is the favorite character, and in a lot of ways the soul of the Marvel universe,” says Joe Russo, who, alongside his brother Anthony, has directed Holland in four movies, including Avengers: Endgame. What’s more, No Way Home will finally collide Marvel’s increasingly byzantine cinematic universe with Sony’s own equally convoluted Spider-Verse (currently comprising Tom Hardy’s Venom movies, plus the forthcoming Morbius and Kraven the Hunter), thereby planting the seed from which years of sequels and limited series and sundry other subscription-generating content will surely bloom.
Holland, however, is not signed up for any of that. No Way Home is, at the time of writing, the last film on his Spider-Man contract. As we’re talking, in early October, he says there are still a few shots to pick up, some additional dialogue to record, the small matter of a global press tour, and then… nothing. “It’s very strange,” Holland says. “The last six years of my life, I always had a job to go to.” After so long in the superhero business, Holland is readjusting to life without a mask on. “It’s kind of terrifying, but it’s also really exciting,” he says. You see, lately Holland has been thinking about dreams, and wondering if those he once had—the future he once saw for himself—are still his dreams after all.
Ever since news of those castings appeared, the internet has obsessed over whether or not Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are also returning. “No one believes me, but they’re not in the film,” Holland says. (If this is a lie, and it well might be, then don’t hate him. That’s work too. And really, isn’t it better not knowing?)

The production of No Way Home sounds like total chaos. As the first day of filming approached, several key actors hadn’t signed on yet. “Some people were trying to figure out whether they wanted to do it, and we needed all of them or none,” Holland says. The movie was reportedly going to be released after the upcoming Doctor Strange sequel, but when that film was delayed by COVID, it was decided that No Way Home would go first, requiring changes to the plot. Even once filming was underway, the script was being rewritten on an almost daily basis. “You could ask the director, ‘What happens in act three?’ And his response would be, ‘I’m still trying to figure it out,’ ” Holland says.

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Ha, even without the punch he's clearly not leaping at Holland's Spidey, who is higher up and off to the side.  

It's also possible GG redesigns his costume and ditches the helmet.  He'll take advantage of that fantastic MCU tech that allows you to show your face at dramatically appropriate moments.

And Lizard has his arm poised to strike at someone right in front of him who doesn't seem to be there.

I guess it's possible that GG redesigns his costume, but would be strange with a yellow facemask instead of green.  I do think this is probably the Ned Leeds from an alternate universe.  It was reported that Jacob Batalan lost 100 pounds for this movie, and I think they told him he was going to be a villain and flying around on a glider so needed to lose weight.

On 11/16/2021 at 7:42 PM, AimingforYoko said:

Peter: "I'm sorry, what was your name again?"
Doc Ock: "Otto Octavius" *kids titter*

You would think that Peter would be used to these names after he met Doctor Strange. I love how much Doc Ock there is in the trailer, I love Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, one of my favorite comic book movie villains. 

My guess is that this trailer is spliced to pieces and they are hiding the other Spider-Men from us until the actual movie, to really amp up the excitement when they show up. After all of this hype, it would be a real missed opportunity to not have at least a few cameos.

I'm just going to keep guessing Mephisto is the bad guy in every single MCU thing until I'm right. Eternals? Mephisto. Spiderman? Mephisto. Hawkeye? Mephisto steals Christmas. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

From Sony Pictures Canada...

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Help Kids Cutdown"
Sony Pictures Canada    Nov 19, 2021

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Spider-Bite"
Sony Pictures Canada    Nov 21, 2021

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Strange"
Sony Pictures Canada    Nov 21, 2021

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Help"

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Break the Universe"

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "Visitors Kids"

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: "New Suit Cutdown"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The advertising for this movie makes me want to see it even though I really don't know (or care) about the Marvel Universe and last paid attention to Spider-Man when he was animated and voiced by Paul Soles (R.I.P.).

Edited by MissAlmond
On 11/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, cambridgeguy said:

That could be possible. I watched the trailer with my kids and noticed that at one point Doc Ock's "tentacles" have like a red colour to them (like Iron Man red). So maybe the villains do get into some Stark tech.

18 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

That could be possible. I watched the trailer with my kids and noticed that at one point Doc Ock's "tentacles" have like a red colour to them (like Iron Man red). So maybe the villains do get into some Stark tech.

This has already been shown in one of the trailers - Ock picks it up from Peter's suit.  It also explains that shot where Peter's pinned upside down by his arms and his mask disappears - that doesn't seem like the best time to show your face.