Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Third Time's the Charm?

• Start Topic

Nicolle keeps a scandalous secret; Stan loses it on Lisa and makes a shocking accusation; after 11 years waiting for Jeff, Anissa fears he may be a no-show for the third time; Doug reunites with his son, but gets grilled by his mother-in-law.

jeff’s teeth look like the vertical blinds in my living room after my son ripped one off. stan should lend him that brown wig, and then he could play christopher lloyd’s character in a remake of dennis the menace: 

7FE11EAA-A653-40A2-8216-501912086AA8.jpeg

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Watching Doug with his son at the restaurant made me feel like I was watching a training video on how to put a child in the pipeline to prison. God in heaven. 😪

I was horrified when his first interaction with Dougie was, "Are you going to hug me?  Or are you going to punch me?" and then right into "Don't try to knock me over, or I'll have to put you on the ground."  Messages of physical violence from the first minute.

I must say, Dougie needs to watch his mouth a bit.  What did he call Doug at one point - a "______ (can't remember the word, but it was nasty) womanizer"?  And he asked his father how many times did he "drop the soap" in prison.  

Being a sperm donor does not equal being a father.

• Love 11

As I stated in the live chat, Dougie is an angry kid who doesn’t really understand how angry he is. He knows he can’t talk about it because Doug is a hot-tempered man-child who will not put up with it. Thus Dougie has to do the passive-aggressive thing, trying to take verbal swats at his sperm donor and do it when other people are around so he doesn’t get smacked. 

I was thinking about how Rachel should handle Doug’s edict wrt Dougie playing video games. If she were smart (heh), she’d say that it would be a great way for D & Jr. to bond; Junior can teach Doug how to play and they can spend hours on the couch next to each other. Generally, boys (unlike girls) do not like to talk about feelings, but have an easier time with it if they are also doing something else.

I became a football fanatic when my sons were teenagers/young adults because that is what THEY were interested in; we spent many a Sunday afternoon together in front of the tv, along with pizza, nachos and buffalo wings. Good times.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I was horrified when his first interaction with Dougie was, "Are you going to hug me?  Or are you going to punch me?" and then right into "Don't try to knock me over, or I'll have to put you on the ground."  Messages of physical violence from the first minute.

I must say, Dougie needs to watch his mouth a bit.  What did he call Doug at one point - a "______ (can't remember the word, but it was nasty) womanizer"?  And he asked his father how many times did he "drop the soap" in prison.  

Being a sperm donor does not equal being a father.

Dougie is testing his father, seeing how far he can go before dad gets mad, probably not the best idea. I think dad might have a quick temper.

Stan didn't like that Lisa has an actual life that needs attention.  His true colors really shone through in that scene.  He couldn't give two shits about Lisa's family and her problems, all he cares about is his dick.  I'm sure his daughters must be proud.

The 52 year old woman with the nice friend is sad.  I wonder why her felon boyfriend all of a sudden fell in love with her, after ditching her the first two times. 

Daonte is just gross.  The way he was crawling on his knees after Nicole walked away was so desperate.  Also did anyone else notice how enormous his shoe's looked when they first walked in the apartment?  They almost looked like clown shoes, way too big for his body. 

Everytime I see the pickle couple all I can think about is I hope those dogs are alright.  I know he

Spoiler

was arrested recently on domestic abuse charges

so it just makes me worry about them.  In the coming attractions we see them fighting and he appears to have anger issues. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I couldn't believe the scene of Daonte on his knees while Nicolle closes the door in his face.  And here I thought he couldn't degrade himself any further after his scenes with Nicolle Jr.

He is so cringe. 

The self hate is so real. 

Nichole is a kinda trashy felon without an education, without much intellectual curiosity and a butterface body. 

Can you imagine putting her on such a pedestal that you're on your knees begging her for some physical intimacy? 

Had daonte been doing this with Adriana Loma,  Heidi klum or naomi Campbell id understand.  These women are gorgeous and rich.  

But Nichole?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
34 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Somebody please kill me if Daonte actually finances new boobs for Nicolle to bounce in some other man's face. I'll take guillotine or lethal injection. Thanks. 

I'd take drowning in malmsy wine because I'm poetic. 

I can't see how it gets that far.  And it's not even going to be him telling her no, I just think it's going to get far enough for a surgical consultation and for daonte to get the money.  

Nichole isn't the long con type of girl.  And daonte is already getting on her last nerve.  

I'm guessing that she uses the new hair, wardrobe and makeup to meet a few new boothangs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Dougie is testing his father, seeing how far he can go before dad gets mad, probably not the best idea. I think dad might have a quick temper.

Stan didn't like that Lisa has an actual life that needs attention.  His true colors really shone through in that scene.  He couldn't give two shits about Lisa's family and her problems, all he cares about is his dick.  I'm sure his daughters must be proud.

The 52 year old woman with the nice friend is sad.  I wonder why her felon boyfriend all of a sudden fell in love with her, after ditching her the first two times. 

Daonte is just gross.  The way he was crawling on his knees after Nicole walked away was so desperate.  Also did anyone else notice how enormous his shoe's looked when they first walked in the apartment?  They almost looked like clown shoes, way too big for his body. 

Everytime I see the pickle couple all I can think about is I hope those dogs are alright.  I know he

Reveal spoiler

so it just makes me worry about them.  In the coming attractions we see them fighting and he appears to have anger issues. 

On the issue of the 52 year old woman.  I honestly think that he had several other plans and backup plans fell through and Anissa was there and he needs a place to stay so he showed up. 

I think Stan is realizing that he is being used.  Like moving your 22 year old emotionally unstable "son" into his house sounds pretty bad.  

If Lisa cared about her kid so much she should have planned to parole somewhere near him.  

But Stan talking about Joe he "raised good kids" can kiss my entire ass.  Because I'd imagine their mom put in the hard lifting.  

You can bet your bottom dollar that if my widowed dad was moving some felon into his home, I'd be there to greet them and I'd make arrangements to be there often. The fact that his kids aren't even calling tells me he may not be father of the year. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

I think Stan is realizing that he is being used.  Like moving your 22 year old emotionally unstable "son" into his house sounds pretty bad.  

I agree and that was the one point I agreed with Stan on.  He shouldn't be housing her family or paying their bills.  Lisa just wants someone to take care of her problems.  Stan is just convenient and he gives her money so it's the best option in her view to stay with him.  The human part of her is feeling guilty about her son but not guilty enough to actually be a parent.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'd take drowning in malmsy wine because I'm poetic. 

I can't see how it gets that far.  And it's not even going to be him telling her no, I just think it's going to get far enough for a surgical consultation and for daonte to get the money.  

Nichole isn't the long con type of girl.  And daonte is already getting on her last nerve.  

I'm guessing that she uses the new hair, wardrobe and makeup to meet a few new boothangs.

We can only hope, but after seeing the previews I'd say you're likely right. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Well, Daonte DID say that Nicolle Jr.’s orifices are now enlarged due to the enormity of his schlong and there is the “shoe size is directly proportional to dick size” school of thought, so.......

• LOL 3

Fuuuuck. Doug sees his son for the first time in his life, aside from 40 days out of jail, and this first thing he says while hugging him is that if you still want to hit me “I’ll push you to the floor” and “Smarting off will get your ass whooped not just grounded.” And new wife and grandma are standing there smiling?!?! How are these people not immediately recognizing the dangerous and toxic and inevitably abusive situation they just put themselves in and flee for safety?

Talk about a dangerous situation, someone call the Fire Marshall on Daonte! I imagine his apartment going up in flames and he’ll risk his life to rescue Nicolle Jr. Sorry, the gifts and cash and more gifts were not enough to win over Nicolle Sr. Nor she needs plastic surgery—and stupid Daonte will believe her.

Sounds like Mr Pickle had a rough childhood. This is sad. Probably explains why he made poor choices that got himself in prison.

Here’s the new Angela who has given Jeff tens of thousands of dollars!! “It was obvious he was only using me for money the first two times, but it’s different this time.” Oh, honey. 11 years!! Well, maybe next time he gets arrested, if you send him just a bit more money, he’ll show up the next parole! He’s here! Well, just wait. There will be plenty of time to burn your wedding dress in your front yard…just like Angela did. I mean, jeez, you have no original material, lady?? The overly involved male friend, even. Okay. Jeff spent all $50,000 she gave him on drugs!! Great job there, both of you.

“Granny’s Sit Around. Everyone welcome.” Except for Josh’s mom, Josh’s dad, and barely Josh. 

Dougie Jr: “How many times did you drop the soap?” 
“Only on my birthday.”

Wait. Literally on the car ride to the salon, Daonte started to finally figure out Nicolle was just using him for his money she had no intention of being intimate, and here he comes with a dress for her and to pay for her extensions! At this rate, he’s lost all sympathy from me. Milk him, girl! Get Tia some new watches, too!

Stan’s sciatica is kicking in! He can’t even get out of his car, so how is he going to get out of his sex dungeon straight jacket? He has nightmares so she can’t sleep in the same room as him? Sure. I’m confused. Is Stan’s girlfriend’s child who needs her attention 13 or 22? She said 13, he said 22. I’m assuming she has both. But it is crazy that he expects her to abandon a 13-year-old and wants her to live there but he can’t even visit!! Well, that was something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

LAL came calling. $$$

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Every time I start to believe that this show can’t go any lower, they surprise me.  I had to cover my eyes when Nicolle was giving Daonte a lap dance and then when he started crawling in his underwear, I reached for the remote.

How nice of Doug to tell Rachel’s mom in vivid details what he did to her daughter. His son seems to be trying to see how far he can push him.  I don’t think this relationship is going to last six months. 

I was flabbergasted at how quickly things between Lisa and Stan disintegrated.  I thought it a low blow to Mom shame her, but I don’t blame him for not allowing her family to move into his home. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Please never ever show us Nicolle giving Daonte a lap dance again.  

It’s like her ass and that wall were in a competition on who could have the flatter surface. 

15 hours ago, Nuccganggang said:

jeff’s teeth look like the vertical blinds in my living room after my son ripped one off. stan should lend him that brown wig, and then he could play christopher lloyd’s character in a remake of dennis the menace: 

7FE11EAA-A653-40A2-8216-501912086AA8.jpeg

8 hours ago, RealReality said:

He is so cringe. 

The self hate is so real. 

Nichole is a kinda trashy felon without an education, without much intellectual curiosity and a butterface body. 

Can you imagine putting her on such a pedestal that you're on your knees begging her for some physical intimacy? 

Had daonte been doing this with Adriana Loma,  Heidi klum or naomi Campbell id understand.  These women are gorgeous and rich.  

But Nichole?  

LMAO…wait..hold up…I can’t with you all.  LOL

• LOL 2

Doug is seriously bad news and I'm worried for his son and for Rachel. The most patient and understanding of parents can be sorely tried by the kind of testing behavior Dougie is exhibiting. Doug will have his belt off in no time if he keeps it up. 

The only things I take away from poor, sad, desperate Anissa's story: 

Why on earth would she cut up and burn her wedding dress on her front lawn rather than just, you know, return it? Oh, never mind, she's a self sabotaging drama queen with no sense of pride. 

Jeff's breath must be the stuff nightmares are made of, with his mouth full of broken, rotting teeth. I was one giant cringe.

I would have laughed so hard if some other guy named Jeff got off the bus and was all confused. 

Daonte could find himself a ratchet bleachy haired skinny skank on the outside in about half an hour. 

10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Stan’s sciatica is kicking in! He can’t even get out of his car, so how is he going to get out of his sex dungeon straight jacket?

I laughed so hard at Stan unfolding himself from the car, stiff as a board. That's how I look when I'm getting out of the car too! I bet he has a hard time with that straitjacket. LOL

• Love 5
21 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Hide contents

I’m also worried about the dogs.  I’m not even a dog person but I thought the one dog was so cute, trying to find a spot on the couch to sit with his toy.

13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“Granny’s Sit Around. Everyone welcome.” Except for Josh’s mom, Josh’s dad, and barely Josh. 

I had to laugh at that!

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I laughed so hard at Stan unfolding himself from the car, stiff as a board. That's how I look when I'm getting out of the car too! I bet he has a hard time with that straitjacket

I’d pay good money to see Lisa put Stan in the straitjacket and then leave.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
(edited)

Lol the fact that homedude has only been in his sons life for like a total of 40 days the kids whole time on earth and he’s expecting this child to treat him with some kinda respect he hasn’t earned is hilarious to me. Why the fuck should he listen to this absentee sperm donor who he grew up without.  You make the rules? You didn’t make shit but lousy choices that ended up with u in prison you need to fix yourself before trying to impose your will on that boy. Yes threatening him with physical violence is the perfect way to bond with him. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17

Doug is absolute garbage.  If the cameras weren't there, I am sure he would have hauled off and punched Dougie in the face for not bowing down to him.  

Jeff actually got off the bus to see Anissa because he has exhausted other options.  In his earlier photos, he was attractive.  Now 😬. Jeff would blend right in on a faces of meth poster.  Those teeth.

giphy.gif 

And we get to see the real Stan.  Stan gets a little liquor in him and gets salty.  I called it early on she would try to move her family in.  At the same tine, Stan has decided his erection is more important than anything or anyone else in her life.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Oh boy, I find it amusing that Nicolle thinks she is all that, but dumb dumb Daonte pathetic. I don't think mother Daonte is going to allow him and Nicholle Jr near the Cascade when he has to move back in. Does Anissa live next door in the park to Angela? 11 years and 14 teeth later gone... Can't stand Doug and I have a feeling he will be locked up in no time at all. Mrs. Pickle, you know things aint right with the guy if his own grandmother likes you more. And Stan, chugging wine to probably dull the pain of being in the car for so long. I don't blame him for not letting her kids move in, but he could have been more sympathetic and told her he would drop her off.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

Well, Stan and Lisa didn't last very long.  At least he still has the wigs.

Somehow I don't think that we have seen the last of them.

I don't know that Stan even cares that he was being used. In fact, I think he really sees Lisa as being bought and paid for, which is why he is so angry that his purchase is malfunctioning by having a latent maternal instinct. As for his own kids, Stan strikes me as the type of father who dangles a potential inheritance in front of his kids to get a few phone calls a year and then congratulations himself on being a great dad.

Anissa is actually an attractive woman why the fuck she is wasting her time on chicklet mouth is baffling to me. 

She said she likes bad boys. She had a nice one and she got bored. Some people just don't learn.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Somehow I don't think that we have seen the last of them.

I don't know that Stan even cares that he was being used. In fact, I think he really sees Lisa as being bought and paid for, which is why he is so angry that his purchase is malfunctioning by having a latent maternal instinct. As for his own kids, Stan strikes me as the type of father who dangles a potential inheritance in front of his kids to get a few phone calls a year and then congratulations himself on being a great dad.

I think you nailed Stan.  Stan is all about Stan.  He'll keep reminding his kids he's worth $2.3 million even when he's not.  I also think Lisa isn't going anywhere until she's gotten as much as she can from Stan.  Of course, I could also see her leaving him hanging from the ceiling in his straight jacket in what is probably a sound-proofed basement dungeon while she spends his credit cards to the limits and sells all of his possessions.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

She said she likes bad boys. She had a nice one and she got bored. Some people just don't learn.

Anissa is over fifty years old. Its cute to like "bad boys" when you're 18 and your guy rides a motorcycle and got caught tagging that one time. By the time you've reached middle age copping to liking "bad boys" is just pathetic. Jeff is not a "bad boy". He's a convicted felon who's been locked up most of his adult life! I cannot with her.  

• Love 14

I believe Daonte's name is misspelled.  

I think the correct spelling is "Donate," as that's all he's doing for Nicole, donating funds.  

I dub this couple Donate and Nickel.  It seems appropriate.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 3