Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/19/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

How many of us can honestly say we have been involved in multiple interventions during our lives?  Not making light of addiction but come on, multiple interventions in her 36 years of life???  

Perhaps she is the one being intervened? I don't know. I don't think anyone as hard drinking and rootin and tootin as the princess should be intervening in other's substance abuse issues. She should first remove the log from her own eye and the whiskey bottle from her own mouth. Another thought---a lot of people surrounding her must resort to substances to tolerate her and they get hooked? 

• LOL 14
24 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:
17 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

How many of us can honestly say we have been involved in multiple interventions during our lives?  Not making light of addiction but come on, multiple interventions in her 36 years of life???  

Perhaps she is the one being intervened? I don't know. I don't think anyone as hard drinking and rootin and tootin as the princess should be intervening in other's substance abuse issues. She should first remove the log from her own eye and the whiskey bottle from her own mouth. Another thought---a lot of people surrounding her must resort to substances to tolerate her and they get hooked? 

If Meghan says she has been a part of or taken part in something I understand that to mean she heard about it or read about it.

She is always at the ready with an anecdote that pushes whatever narrative she is trying to spin.   I doubt she was ever on a debate team seeing as she never has any evidence to back up whatever she says.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

Here we go again. Another opportunity for Meghan to bash the WH messaging. 🙄  Let’s confuse things by throwing out lots of meaningless numbers and let’s blame Fauci for the (probably Republican) med workers who are unvaxxed. And Hannity should not be praised for finally saying what he should have been saying months ago. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And Hannity should not be praised for finally saying what he should have been saying months ago. 

So Hannity gets praised for finally saying something but the Biden administration gets shit for saying something for months.  I think Meghan's problem is who the messenger is and not the message.

• Love 23

And there is her first stupid statement of today which is dr. Fauci can't make these people do it then how am I supposed to make these people do  it.They are two separate groups of people and both of these groups are not the same but she has to do something to defect and deflect and defend her Republicans that are doing this

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)

Why in the hell did they throw back to her so she can read MORE of her "figures"?

Oh and MM shut the fuck up about the opioid crisis.  Her and her ilk didn't give a damn when crack was ravaging the inner cities. 

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 20

She’s begging the country not to make this political, but in her rant she threw shade on the White House, Dr. Fauci and AOC.  And I’m pretty sure that no one has asked the great Megain McCain to convince anyone of anything.  Get over yourself!! The rest of us did a long time ago

• Love 21
2 hours ago, JayD83 said:

Why in the hell did they throw back to her so she can read MORE of her "figures"?

The View continuing to aid and abet her misinformation by allowing the most dishonest person on the show to speak the longest on a subject of life and death.

• Love 20

This woman is exhausting and I’m not even on set…

First she says don’t make this political and turns around and finger points to AOC and Dr. Fauci (earlier) about making their constituents and hospital workers (which I have no idea what Dr. Fauci even has to do with that) get vaccinated. 

Other than MyFather, who told her she was smart? Seriously. 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

Other than MyFather, who told her she was smart? Seriously. 

Someone at ABC is either very cleverly working against the Republicans by giving her the chance to be that 'one conservative voice" or else they genuinely think she's smart and is giving her the opportunity to prove it, time and time again.  I honestly am not sure which is true.  Or else someone thinks having her rant on and on is actually funny?  Maybe?

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

First she says don’t make this political and turns around and finger points to AOC and Dr. Fauci (earlier) about making their constituents and hospital workers (which I have no idea what Dr. Fauci even has to do with that) get vaccinated. 

Meghan purports to be pro vaccine so why does she attack people who are doing what they can to ensure people get vaccinated?

And as been mentioned several times hospitals have the right to mandate their employees be vaccinated.

• Love 12

And (one more)- she’s angry and wants to cry about the fact that she may have to lockdown and wear a mask again? And don’t blame all of this on FOX?  I’m not even being a smart ass at all when I say- what would MyFather think?  The man was held as a prisoner and tortured for years, and HisDaughter nationally melts down because she can’t vacation and party in Vegas?  This woman has no clue who she is. 

24 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Someone at ABC is either very cleverly working against the Republicans by giving her the chance to be that 'one conservative voice" or else they genuinely think she's smart and is giving her the opportunity to prove it, time and time again.  I honestly am not sure which is true.  Or else someone thinks having her rant on and on is actually funny?  Maybe?

I’ve said that for a long time.  ABC is making all  Republicans look bad and if we’re one, I would be pissed that she represents me.  Nicole Wallace was way too smart and didn’t show her ass daily

• Love 19
28 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I’ve said that for a long time.  ABC is making all  Republicans look bad

But at what cost?  Yes Meghan looks like a loon but the disinformation she spews is still being heard.  You know a lot of what she says would most likely be fact checked if she worked for a legit media company.  Hell Twitter would probably label what she says as wrong. But ABC just lets her have a platform to be the most actively divisive cohost in the show's history.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

But at what cost?  Yes Meghan looks like a loon but the disinformation she spews is still being heard.  You know a lot of what she says would most likely be fact checked if she worked for a legit media company.  Hell Twitter would probably label what she says as wrong. But ABC just lets her have a platform to be the most actively divisive cohost in the show's history.

This. I understand the other ladies didn't fight too hard with her because it's only another week and a half of dealing with this nutcase, but cheese-and-crackers...! (I didn't want to blaspheme. LOL)  At least the next Republican won't have the rest of the women and the show itself hand-tied by TPTB this way. She got to speak last in both segments on the topic and spew falsehoods without any counter. That is not what The View is and I'm so grateful she is done. I remember Bill Geddie protected Elisabeth back in the day, too, but it was never to this degree (I don't think Barbara would've allowed it to have been to this degree). The co-hosts still argued with Elisabeth and there was a back-and-forth. And it's because of that that I say, no matter the scaremongering McCain's friends in the media might try to push, any other Republican woman in McCain's seat couldn't help but be an improvement on her, no matter where on the spectrum they fall.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

. I remember Bill Geddie protected Elisabeth back in the day, too, but it was never to this degree

You can't find any of Elisabeth's worst meltdowns online.  I think Meghan's will live on in infamy. They have been shared so many times there is no way someone could get rid of all of them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Meghan twice brought up statistics of people not getting the vaccine. She gave the percentage of black people. Hispanic people. People in the Bronx. People in NY state. Then said it's not just Republicans. Does she think none of the demographics she listed can't be Republicans?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan twice brought up statistics of people not getting the vaccine. She gave the percentage of black people. Hispanic people. People in the Bronx. People in NY state. Then said it's not just Republicans. Does she think none of the demographics she listed can't be Republicans?

Yes, this. Is she saying all black people and all Hispanic people are Democrats? Isn't she the one that kept pointing out that Dems lost the Hispanic vote. It's just such a weird argument. Demographics! Wah, wah!

Baby MeAgain did everything right, she wore a mask, she got a vaccine. Wah, wah! She doesn't want to have wear a mask again, or suffer through another lockdown! Wah, wah! 

Temper Tantrum GIF by memecandy

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

The White House,  republicans, Fox News, New York hospitals, the Bronx, AOC, my ten month old, masks, shut down again............

Same thing over and over again!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Baby MeAgain did everything right, she wore a mask, she got a vaccine. Wah, wah! She doesn't want to have wear a mask again, or suffer through another lockdown! Wah, wah! 

I wish it were just her.  I am so sick of this attitude that they've somehow suffered because they couldn't party for a year.  Her own father was a POW who was tortured, our grandparents/great grandparents fought a war and lived through a depression that went on a helluva lot longer than this.  If just once MM would express some awareness of this I could cut her some slack but she doesn't - and she won't.

• Love 17
30 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Love this guy. He also called out Meghan about her vaccine hesitancy demographics.

Thank you!  This Guy for recognizing Western NY State is not part of upstate NY.  He was spot on with everything he said.  Good report This Guy!!  🙃😱  oh the horror!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bannana said:

And she can't put a mask on a ten month old!! 

Does she realize she is not the only person on earth with a ten month old?

• Love 5
(edited)

39 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Cheer up - only 9 more days and this will be a reality!!! 😊🥳🎉🎊

No, it is only 8 days, right?  3 more days this week and 5 days next week.

Edited by Rightside
  • LOL 5

Now that John McCain's daughter is officially leaving I can officially watch again. I have *no* idea why she was spouting that the discouragement for taking the vaccine is not coming from her favorite network. As a part of my civic duty (and apparently pain-seeking behavior), I occasionally tune into Fux News. I have seen so many segments about the vaccine that go beyond basic information and veer strongly into the anti-vaccine territory. 

Anyway, I'm here with the rest of you for the countdown. I can watch this show again!

• Love 16
7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Cheer up - only 9 more days and this will be a reality!!! 😊🥳🎉🎊

ShyLegalFly-size_restricted.gif

Either we're wrong or she doesn't know calendar math: yesterday, on twitter, she said 3 more weeks. 🤔

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Either we're wrong or she doesn't know calendar math: yesterday, on twitter, she said 3 more weeks.

I thought the last day of the season was August 6th. In the past, they've pre-taped the last week of shows before break, if memory serves. So two and a half more weeks of shows, but one and a half more weeks of work for the panelists, maybe?

• Love 1
On 7/19/2021 at 7:05 PM, Blissfool said:

This is actually not an original thought of Meghan's. If you google Eboni Williams, a lot of media outlets are blaming the low ratings on the show's new "wokeness."

Are any of MAGA’s word salad vomits her own original thoughts?  I’m gonna answer my own question- NO.   That’s why it was too funny that time she accused others of plagiarizing her thoughts!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

Oh, good. I’m glad they are showing the Fauci outburst. I stood up and gave him a standing o when I saw it.  Before she even opens her mouth let me say, “shut up, Meghan.”  Gah, yeah, wonderful the Mitch finally spoke up… six months too late.  And I repeat from yesterday, the Covid hot spots are Florida, Missouri, Arkansas, Texas, not the Bronx!  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15
(edited)
5 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Why is Megan SO focused on the low vaccination rate in the Bronx as opposed to the multiple STATES?  

So she can blame AOC and deflect from the real issue. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Why is Megan SO focused on the low vaccination rate in the Bronx as opposed to the multiple STATES? 

Pin it on minorities instead of focusing on the low vaccination rates in the red states. Hence her little dog whistle that the people in the Bronx “must watch Tucker Carlson”. 

Can’t wait until she fades into obscurity with her obnoxious drivel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Thank you Megan for announcing your possible departure on Twitter, where I don't seek out your comments there anyway. 

I don’t buy it. She won’t be able to resist posting her opinion on things.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Joy was describing McCain, imo, as far as a party hack who casts doubt on the vaccine and the health professionals because they think it'll be good for their party. Just this Monday (or was it last week, I forget) she said there are "questions about the efficacy of the vaccine" by bringing up Sadler and she's constantly and consistently denigrated Fauci from the moment he arrived on the public stage because he is the face that is distributing information about the vaccine to the public. She does both of those things regularly for politics.

And her nonstop brazen lying and shilling makes it sort of sweet that her entire time on The View has been while her party has been losing. Perhaps she contributed to that by making her party look as bad as possible every day on The View.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Thank you Megan for announcing your possible departure on Twitter, where I don't seek out your comments there anyway. 

Oh my, Twitter will be all a- buzz with that news. May even be the end of Twitter, as we know it!  Boo/f——ing-hoo!  She cannot leave fast enough!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4