Type keyword(s) to search

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

On 11/10/2022 at 11:14 PM, dwmarch said:

Unfortunately, the theater I was in didn't have the best audio so a lot of the dialog was muddy while the explosions were absurdly loud.

I saw it in a premium theatre and the mix was bad in the same way.

Y’know, if the Talokans have been around since the 1500s, you’d think they would have had a full war with the surface world back when the surface world was hunting whales to near extinction and devastating a key part of the oceans’ circle of life.

• Like 1

I saw it this afternoon, and it gave me all the feels.  It didn't help that my own mother died this year -- I was crying along with all the Wakandans for both T'Challa and Ramonda.  I thought it was an excellent tribute to Chadwick Boseman.  

Talokan was gorgeous, and Namor himself wasn't too bad, either.  Will his one foot wing grow back?  I did appreciate that Shuri didn't kill him in the end.  And I also get why Killmonger was in her vision. 

And the mid-credits scene had me weeping again.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I saw it this afternoon, and it gave me all the feels.  It didn't help that my own mother died this year -- I was crying along with all the Wakandans for both T'Challa and Ramonda.  I thought it was an excellent tribute to Chadwick Boseman.  

Talokan was gorgeous, and Namor himself wasn't too bad, either.  Will his one foot wing grow back?  I did appreciate that Shuri didn't kill him in the end.  And I also get why Killmonger was in her vision. 

And the mid-credits scene had me weeping again.

I think the franchise will keep the flying ability, it sets him apart from Jason Momoa 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/11/2022 at 2:14 AM, dwmarch said:

Unfortunately, the theater I was in didn't have the best audio so a lot of the dialog was muddy while the explosions were absurdly loud. But that gives me something to look forward to on a rewatch. And I'm glad I saw it in the theater. Some of the set pieces are incredible and there is so much detail all over the place. It was a treat for the eyes, that's for sure.

^^^ Same. Could not hear the dialogue over the background. I was wishing for subtitles the whole time.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, scarynikki12 said:

Which brings me to M'Baku. Winston Duke is an absolute gem and I find it really smart to have him challenge (and, I assume, win) the throne at the end. He demonstrated solid leadership in this movie and having Shuri focus on being a tech genius and Black Panther while he leads Wakanda should be fun going forward. 

This is what I thought as well. But others with me, thought it was a joke on his part.

Otherwise, it was great. Didn't know what to expect with Chadwick's death, but they made a fantastic movie while remembering him.

• Like 1

Came back to give some more feedback.  I went back to see this a second time I noticed some things I missed the first time. I did not realize that Shuri and Ramonda had cut their hair in mourning.  I know Namor was the antagonist here but I found that I appreciated his ruthlessness as a Caribbean person. The fact of the matter is, when a country like Wakanda has that type of resource, they will try to take it. They already touched on it with the conversation about destabilizing Wakanda.   Namor has been around a long time, so I totally got his take no prisoners policy.  The world knowing that vibranium is in the ocean means are going to come for it and get it by whatever means necessary even that means destroying Talokan. So from Namor's perspective make sure to take no prisoners and I think he had some level of trust in the Wakandans to reveal himself and trust they will keep his secret which they did even with their war.  Also really liked Attuma and Namora.

Angela did the damn thing here, sad that she is gone but I hope she gets an award, very very powerful.  Loved hearing Lupita speak Spanish, didn't realize she was born in Mexico.  She looked absolutely gorgeous and I got the significance of 1804, Haiti and naming baby T'Challa Toussaint.   Juxtapose that with France trying to steal Vibranium was a brilliant nod to history. 

Totally made sense that Shuri saw Killmonger, she was in that head space.

The underlying comments on Colonialism, I do appreciate Coogler bringing this aspect to the film.

ETA - Forgot to mention, you just know they would experiment on the Talokens  

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

Juxtapose that with France trying to steal Vibranium was a brilliant nod to history. 

True but I still laughed that it was France that decided to make the big play sending mercenaries to get the Vibranium. The only other country that I think that would have been most unlikely to do would be Canada.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:54 AM, arc said:

I saw it in a premium theatre and the mix was bad in the same way.

Y’know, if the Talokans have been around since the 1500s, you’d think they would have had a full war with the surface world back when the surface world was hunting whales to near extinction and devastating a key part of the oceans’ circle of life.

They may not have had the population then. Namor was the first baby born to the people, and he's aging more slowly, but I think everyone else is aging in a typical human way. Depending on how many women of reproductive age (or before) that were a part of the community when they took the herb and went to the ocean, it was going to take a while to grow the population.

I thought the film was fantastic, sequels are hard in the best of circumstances, and when your main actor dies young, yet you want to continue the series, it's difficult. What a fitting tribute to Chadwick. I wanted to tip my hat with Ruth E. Carter, those costumes were FANTASTIC. Everyone looked amazing. 🥰My Mom thinks she is Angela Basset in her head, and was very happy that she was given something to do this film (the first film she was PISSED that she had to sit out the battle!) but she was 100% in her feelings.

Which brings me to M'Baku. Winston Duke is an absolute gem and I find it really smart to have him challenge (and, I assume, win) the throne at the end. He demonstrated solid leadership in this movie and having Shuri focus on being a tech genius and Black Panther while he leads Wakanda should be fun going forward. 

Quoting @scarynikki12 above, I do agree. I think he will make a wonderful King. Shuri didnt want the throne anyway, and her talents are better used elsewhere. 

This was my first visit back to the theatre since Feb 2020, and I have to say, what was UP with my picture?? It was FUZZY, I couldn't even believe what I was seeing. The film was great but it wasnt making me want to come back to the theatre, this was a typical AMC.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

They may not have had the population then. Namor was the first baby born to the people, and he's aging more slowly, but I think everyone else is aging in a typical human way. Depending on how many women of reproductive age (or before) that were a part of the community when they took the herb and went to the ocean, it was going to take a while to grow the population.

It still would have been three hundred years. That might not be many millions (I’m gonna skip doing the math), but every one of their warriors would have been Black Panther level superhuman*. And with vibranium being the super McGuffin that also accelerates technological development, they would also have been far better armed than the surface world.

* Namor has additional powers beyond the other Talokans in that he can fly and doesn’t need the water-breathing apparatus they do, but they’re all super strong and heal from severe wounds. And they’re water breathing. They could have destroyed any navy of the 1800s. There’s a line in the comics where Captain America bemoans the loss of Erskine because if America had its whole army on super-soldier serum they could have won the war without using nukes—and that version of the serum only made “peak humans”, not people who could outrun cars and hold helicopters down.

also, speaking of hidden societies not interfering in history when they probably would have if the story logic was internally consistent, did the Eternals know about the Talokans? And do the Talokans have any opinions about the giant hand of the dead space god that’s in the middle of the oceans now?

Edited by arc
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, arc said:

It still would have been three hundred years. That might not be many millions (I’m gonna skip doing the math), but every one of their warriors would have been Black Panther level superhuman*. And with vibranium being the super McGuffin that also accelerates technological development, they would also have been far better armed than the surface world.

Good point!

4 minutes ago, arc said:

also, speaking of hidden societies not interfering in history when they probably would have if the story logic was internally consistent, did the Eternals know about the Talokans? And do the Talokans have any opinions about the giant hand of the dead space god that’s in the middle of the oceans now?

Another good point!

Spoiler

I think the Eternals can be explained away, as they were only supposed to protect the humans from The Deviants (which were all gone by 1521 supposedly), and is it confirmed the hand is in the Atlantic Ocean?

We saw it on its second weekend.  As a popcorn movie, it was good. As as film-movie, something that could stand on its own, it wasn't so great.
It felt diluted and weighed down by all the things it was trying to do:

As a tribute to Chadwick Boseman: A+.  But it went too far for too long. They should not have killed off another very prominent character and then have Shuri still mourning T'Challa at the end of the movie. It was as if everyone was supposed to understand that the other death was okay because it was scripted.  They fast-forwarded through that second funeral (which almost seemed as if it were filmed at the same time as the first).
A launchpad for a Disney+ series: C.  RiRi's vibranium detection tech was already documented, passed through several agencies and was in use - why did they need her?  And it didn't help that Shuri and RiRi are basically the same character. 
Origin story for Namor: B-.  The ankle wings were cute, but don't make a lot of sense.  Not-Atlantis really didn't seem so amazing - although it didn't help that it was dark and murky.  None of the other water people left any type of impression. 

Marvel/Disney seems to try to continue to have their cake and eat it too.  The Talokans and Eternals have been around for centuries but have no known interaction with world events (the Snap, etc).  Wakanda is recognized by the United Nations but its location is still a mystery.  In Black Panther and Infinity War, Wakanda's capital city (where Shuri works) looked pretty landlocked.  But now the capital city, and most other locations, appear to be on the coast ... of a ocean? ... a tributary?  ... a massive lake?  ... an unnamed African river? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Interview with screenplay co-writer Joe Robert Cole...

M’Baku Could’ve Been Black Panther – and More ‘Wakanda Forever’ Spoiler Secrets
BY BRIAN HIATT     NOVEMBER 21, 2022
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/wakanda-forever-ending-explained-spoilers-easter-eggs-1234632792/ 

When and how did you realize that you wanted to give T’Challa a child?
T’Challa had a child in a previous iteration of the script prior to Chad’s passing. Him having a child was always in the DNA of what we wanted to do. We just weren’t sure, after he passed, about the best way to incorporate him. So there were various iterations of his son being in our new story. And we finally landed on the reveal at the end. There was a point where I think when Ramonda [Angela Bassett] goes to Haiti, we had talked about potentially having him be revealed there. So we knew we wanted him to be a part of the movie in some way, and landed, I think, on the best possible version. 

That scene made me tear up, and I’m sure I’m not alone. I assume his son was going to be a bigger part of the movie before Chadwick passed away?
Yeah, [in] a previous iteration, we really were more child-focused in the narrative, and his son was a part of that. Obviously that changed, but we wanted him to exist in the film in some way. It was much more reduced. And there were conversations about, when do we reveal this information to the audience and what’s the best version of it? Not only emotionally, but just narratively for the story and how it affects the characters in the story when they find out this information, and so forth. We played around a little bit, but he was never going to have a much a larger presence after Chad passed. 
Namor and his homeland were always part of this story. Was there any point during the remaking of it where you wondered whether that could work with the new framework?
No, it was always part of it. Ryan talked to us all about it in terms of expanding the world of the first Black Panther movie to really incorporate another civilization, another community of color to really broaden out the world.

And we wanted, similar to Wakanda, to make Atlantis feel like a place that was real in the world. So we had started that work of rooting Talokan to an ancient Mayan community, that kind of broke away and hid the depths of the ocean and really digging into the meso-American history of the Mayan people.

That was always there, and we always knew we wanted Namor to be our antagonist. I think early on, they kicked around different ideas on who that might be. But by the time I was really in the fold, Namor was the guy.

Angela Bassett has so many great moments in this movie, but why and how did you decide to kill her character off?
When we were working through the narrative and the story, we were looking at how each of our characters might be impacted by T’Challa’s loss. And the person closest to him, the person that felt like they would be affected the most, was Shuri [Letita Wright], his sister. We started to look at her arc and the journey we wanted her to take. She takes, I think, an incredible journey on this through this film. Thinking of who she was in the first film, I’m really proud of how she has evolved and grown as a character. At the beginning of this movie, she’s the smartest person in all of Wakanda and yet she can’t save her brother. How does that affect someone?

We started to work through that journey of where she would be, her anger, her frustration and her pouring herself into her work. You think back to her point of view on the mystical side of Wakanda, how she’s more about science than she is about the ancestors and the ancestral plane. That exploration of her journey and her journey with her mother — who has lost a son, who has lost her husband, and who is dealing with grief and trying to help Shuri through that grief — we felt like it would be tremendously impactful to Shuri, and obviously to the nation, for Ramonda to be lost in the flood. How Shuri pivots off of that, and how Wakanda will pivot. From there, it launches M’Baku. It launches our characters in new directions. Which is really wonderful. 

As you said, you had to discuss who the next Black Panther would be. And of course Shuri’s comic book counterpart does become Black Panther, so there was a huge push in that direction. But M’Baku [Winston Duke] would’ve been an amazing Black Panther —  that would’ve been fascinating. Tell me about the back and forth on that, and whether there were other candidates, perhaps?
We would kick around the ideas, and try to extrapolate where the story goes and what’s the most impactful choice — what’s the best journey? And where do you go after the film in terms of those characters. M’Baku certainly was someone that got kicked around a little bit. I think you’re correct because in the comics, Shuri is Black Panther and there’s a natural organicness, I guess is the best way to say it, to her becoming Panther. But you kick the tires on all sorts of ideas. And you just want to make the best decision and do what’s best for the story. 

Nakia [Lupita Nyong’o] could’ve been great, too.
That got kicked around! Her name got kicked around for sure.

What’s cool about the return of Killmonger and the use of Michael B. Jordan is, it’s exciting to just see him, even if it’s just a cameo. But it was a key plot driver in the movie. Tell me about getting that in there and how that worked.
We always wanted to have Michael return, and I feel like it was always going to be in the ancestral plane with Shuri having taken the potion. The question was always like, how do you achieve the thing I think that you’re talking about? How do you make it more than just more than just, everyone’s excited because Michael’s amazing, and the character’s amazing? How is it relevant to Shuri’s journey and become a pivot point for her character?

Then if you think about it, [in the first movie] his journey was about vengeance as well, and anger and frustration. That’s a part of what we tried to lay in with her early on, the anger of losing someone, the sense of loss. And then how losing her mother would escalate her feelings of wanting vengeance. We just tried to build on that, so that he is presenting her with a choice of: Is she going to move towards the direction that Killmonger would move? Or is she going to do something different? The idea was to successfully build the stakes for her so that would resonate. So it would feel earned that she would feel that sort of [yearning for] vengeance. 

But one thing I also really loved about the Killmonger scene that we found was his point of view about how he changed Wakanda. Killmonger came in and spoke to the question of, Am I my brother’s keeper? And how Wakanda had not looked out for the globe. Here you have Ramonda the Queen, who is diametrically opposed — she was much more  isolationist than T’Challa was — who saves RiRi, this African-American teenager. There is an argument that prior to Killmonger, that might not have happened. So were able to make that scene not only relevant to Shuri’s character, but also relevant to the nation of Wakanda. 
Have you started talking about a third Black Panther movie?
This one was a journey. So I think everybody’s excited for the film to be out there. And that’s as far as we’ve gone. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I had these really annoying people in my theater who kept talking the whole movie, so while that hurt my experience a bit, I still loved the movie. It had some issues with pacing, I think some scenes could have been easily shortened or cut, especially in the subplots with Ross and Riri, but overall I thought this was a worthy follow up to the first film and a very fitting tribute to Chadwick and to T'Challah the character. The usual Marvel opener with his face on it and no music was a real punch to the gut, and I thought that they handled his passing with a lot of heart and respect. 

Everyone dealing with their grief over losing T'Challah was really well done and they all felt in character. Shuri is burring herself in her work, Ramonda is heartbroken but feels peace feeling her sons spirit with her, Okoye doubles down on protecting the royal family, and Nakia disappeared because she couldn't be in a place that reminded her so much of him. Seeing baby Toussaint was very bittersweet, I love that T'Challah got to have some time to know his son and that we still have a little bit of him in the world, but he's still gone. I get why they have kept his existence a secret and I am really glad that Ramonda knew about him, but why couldn't they let Shuri know? The rest of her family knows, and its not like she would tell anyone, it felt like they kept this from her just so that the audience can be surprised along with her. 

Shuri, I know your a scientific genius, but you really live in the wrong universe to be unsure about the existence of gods and the afterlife. Your brother straight up talked to your dead dad and got the backstory for the last film from him, you can literally buy a ticket to go talk to gods right now, you've seen people use magic. I guess she could find ways to find scientific explanations for a lot of that, but I would love to see her expression when she finds out that she can just walk over to Egypt and chat with Bast herself right now. 

I thought that this was a great take on Namor and his people, going with a Aztec aesthetic was a really cool idea to make their culture beautiful and unique and it gave them an interesting backstory that worked to give Namor an understandable motivation. I really like how, in both Black Panther movies, the main antagonist makes a lot of good points and has an understandable goals, just that how they want to achieve that goal is what makes them the villain. Killmonger made a lot of good points about Wakanda not stepping in to help oppressed people who were enslaved and their descendants, Namor made a lot of good points about how world powers would try to exploit his people for their resources, but waging war on the whole world and killing innocent people isn't the answer. Really, the kind of war they wanted to wage would mostly affect innocent civilians who have no real say in the sketchy things their governments do, while the very wealthy and powerful, who are the ones actually doing these horrible things, would be safe. I am really glad that Namor is still around, he's going to be a great character going forward. 

I continue to be amused by the insane number of secret societies and species that are running around the MCU, at some point we are just going to run out of room for them. 

M'Baku is an absolute delight, loved when he was just sitting there at the counsel meeting, chomping on a carrot like Bugs Bunny while throwing shade everywhere, calling Namor "fishman" I'm so glad he got a lot of play in this movie, he's going to be a great king. For as much as he loves snark, he really showed in this movie that he's a good leader and he very much cares about Wakanda and its people. His scenes with Shuri were all excellent, its sweet that he was trying so hard to be there for her. 

I'm glad that Angela got so much time to shine in this one, even if she also had to die at the end. Although with the nature of the afterlife, she can always come back sometime. Okoye is still my favorite character though, Danai Gurira is an absolute treasure. Her look of utter disdain at that superhero costume was hilarious, and her heartbreak at being fired by Ramonda was so well done. They are very lucky that the first movie had such a great supporting cast that could take up the mantle after Chadwicks tragic passing. 

I would say that the plot of the first movie was tighter and had more interesting philosophical ideas, but this one was far more visually interesting and more emotionally fulfilling. Its really impressive that, after everything that happened behind the scenes, its as good as it is. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

RiRi's vibranium detection tech was already documented, passed through several agencies and was in use - why did they need her?  

They were using what she built but couldn’t use that to build their own. Shades of “Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a bunch of scraps!” 

5 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

And it didn't help that Shuri and RiRi are basically the same character. 

How are they the same character? They are both young, brilliant Black women but their backgrounds and life experiences are wildly different. Shuri would never react to things in the way RiRi did and RiRi wouldn’t have sacrificed herself on the bridge. She wouldn’t have had the diplomacy skills to deal with Namor. 

57 minutes ago, Dani said:

Shades of “Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave! With a bunch of scraps!” 

That was what they said before they stole Tony's arc reactor out of his chest and deconstructed it.  After that, Obadiah Stane was able to construct a similar suit but not as refined. 
RiRi created the vibranium detector as a college project and would have had to document how it worked (show your work).  Not realizing that the government was going to use the device, her professor could have asked for details and she had no reason to withhold information. They said "it was made from scraps" - but never said there was a magic box inside they couldn't deconstruct and reconstruct.
(Tech companies do that all the time.)

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

That was what they said before they stole Tony's arc reactor out of his chest and deconstructed it.

They didn’t deconstruct it. Stane stole it, we see him stuck it his already built suit and he went full supervillain. There wasn’t time for it to be reverse engineered.

Who knows if they could have deconstructed with time but it seems unlikely given the military still doesn’t hasn’t built their own Iron Man suits despite access to War Machine. 

8 hours ago, shrewd.buddha said:

RiRi created the vibranium detector as a college project and would have had to document how it worked (show your work).  Not realizing that the government was going to use the device, her professor could have asked for details and she had no reason to withhold information. They said "it was made from scraps" - but never said there was a magic box inside they couldn't deconstruct and reconstruct.
(Tech companies do that all the time.)

They also never said that the could deconstruct and reconstruct it but they did say and act like they could only do it with her. She had every reason to withhold information since she clearly had no respect for the teacher who underestimated her.

The MCU is full of tech that only one person can create so there is no reason to think this is any different since she is clearly a one in a billion genius like Tony and Shuri. 

I saw this movie a few days ago and loved it--this might be heresy, but I think it was better than the first Black Panther (though it will be nowhere near as culturally important). First, the acting: everyone gave an A+ performance. I thought Letitia Wright carried the movie quite well considering she was supposed to be a supporting character in the franchise, and a special shoutout to Angela Bassett, who brought it in every scene. I hope Bassett gets some awards love for this movie, because she deserves it. Danai Gurira and Winston Duke were also excellent, but really everyone was. Just A+ performances all the way around.

The movie did incredibly well with handling the loss of T'Challa/Chadwick Boseman. I legitimately teared up when they ran the "Marvel" credits at the start and it was all just clips of him. Very, very well done as a tribute that nevertheless told its own story.

Loved Namor, thought he really worked as an antagonist who made a lot of legitimately good points. He and Shuri had a really nice rapport, but I also loved that they could have a knock-down drag-out fight despite that (though I do side-eye Shuri's surviving an impaling!).

Favorite line: Okoye sarcastically telling Riri that she's sure Riri's space heater will protect her against Namor and his forces (it was all in the delivery)...but then the irony that a big-ass space heater ended up being crucial to defeating Namor!

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 7

Namor vs. Aquaman, A Viral Speedo Tweet, and Other Burning Topics with Tenoch Huerta
BY BRIAN HIATT    NOVEMBER 22, 2022
https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-features/namor-aquaman-bulge-racism-tenoch-huerta-1234634309/ 

When you were offered the role, had Chadwick passed away, or was he still with us?
No, he already passed away, several months before that.

Of course, there would’ve been another version of the movie, where it was you against Chadwick. And it’s hard not to mourn for that version of the movie a little bit, right?
Yeah. I think so. I would’ve loved to have met him. But this is the new version, and I love this version, and I love what Letitia [Wright] did with the character. I think she’s perfect for this role. Even though I wanted to meet him, the person they chose is the best person. 
On another note, some viewers felt that there was romantic chemistry between Namor and Shuri when she was in your city. Did you play that romantic chemistry deliberately?
I don’t feel it was a romantic touch [between them]. I think it was more a human, intimate touch. I mean in the history of their kingdoms, the history of their people, they share the same root, and the threat comes from the same place for both of them, for the same reason. They both face threats from Western countries like the United States and France in the story, because of vibranium, natural resources. I think they connect in that aspect. 

I mean, when you meet someone and you have a good relationship, whether this person is the gender that you prefer or not, you always have this ambiguous relationship. It’s normal. It’s human. So, I think this happened with both of them. If that can evolve into a romantic relationship or not? I don’t know. It wasn’t our intention. It could happen or not. 

The beautiful part of this relationship is, it doesn’t need to be romantic to be deep. It doesn’t need to be romantic to be beautiful and bright and intimate. And this connection between a man and a woman in different levels doesn’t need, necessarily, to end in a romantic relationship. And that’s beautiful, you know? Because I hate the romantic love. I think it’s poison. [Laughs] These characters, they create something… I don’t know. It was magical, but not necessarily romantic.
Namor is one of the very first superheroes ever created, back in 1939, by writer-artist Bill Everett. That was two years before Aquaman. But until this year, Aquaman was a more famous character — and in their original incarnations, both characters were underwater heroes or anti-heroes who were kings of Atlantis. How aware were you of that comparison, even down to Jason Momoa’s performance as Aquaman? How much, if at all, was that ever in your mind?
[I’m] honored to be compared with that guy. He’s a wonderful actor, a fantastic human being. He’s a Hollywood movie star and they are comparing me with him. It’s like, “Oh my, God, Mom! Mom! They are talking about me and Jason!” It’s fantastic! I love it.

But, yeah, talking about the characters, I think they are totally different. It’s like trying to compare Shazam and Superman, or, I don’t know, Thanos and another villain just because they are villains, you know? For me, it’s like, okay, they are two superheroes, they come from the water, and that’s it. One is Mayan, Mesoamerican, and the other is Atlantean, from a Greek myth, but it’s different cultures, different backgrounds…even different powers, you know? Aquaman can communicate with animals, with whales and everything and Namor can’t.

So, yeah, for me, it’s different characters. But if they compare Jason and me, oh! It’s an honor. That guy is so handsome! Come on!
For me, one of the most iconic Namor roles in the comic books is his involvement with the Fantastic Four. He’s a romantic temptation for one of the characters, for Sue Storm, pulling her away from her husband. Is that something you’re aware of and possibly looking forward to getting to do on screen?
Well, basically, I don’t know what’s in the plan for Namor in the future. Me, Tenoch, as a person, I want to play this character many times, but it’s not up to me. I think it’s up to Ryan [Coogler], and Nate [Moore], and Mr. Kevin Feige.

• Love 2
On 11/23/2022 at 4:39 PM, stealinghome said:

Favorite line: Okoye sarcastically telling Riri that she's sure Riri's space heater will protect her against Namor and his forces (it was all in the delivery)...but then the irony that a big-ass space heater ended up being crucial to defeating Namor!

YES! I am so glad you pointed that out. 

I saw it a second time with my cousins, and the picture was SO Much better. I could actually see the brilliant details of Ruth's costumes, and the camera techniques of a blurred background. It is long, but GOOD. 

On 11/23/2022 at 10:42 AM, tennisgurl said:

I'm glad that Angela got so much time to shine in this one, even if she also had to die at the end. Although with the nature of the afterlife, she can always come back sometime. Okoye is still my favorite character though, Danai Gurira is an absolute treasure. Her look of utter disdain at that superhero costume was hilarious, and her heartbreak at being fired by Ramonda was so well done. They are very lucky that the first movie had such a great supporting cast that could take up the mantle after Chadwicks tragic passing. 

Yes, Angela Basset is a national treasure, and I do want to see more of her in the sequels, giving Shuri words of wisdom and looking fabulous in the afterlife. Dania Gurrira is HILARIOUS, I would love her in a buddy comedy, the things she can do with her face. When Shurri told her "Fenty 440, you look good" her reaction was killer.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 11/23/2022 at 4:39 PM, stealinghome said:

Loved Namor, thought he really worked as an antagonist who made a lot of legitimately good points. He and Shuri had a really nice rapport, but I also loved that they could have a knock-down drag-out fight despite that (though I do side-eye Shuri's surviving an impaling!).

I liked the respect, yet slight sexual tension between them. Namor is hot- I don’t blame Shuri. 

On 11/23/2022 at 7:23 AM, shrewd.buddha said:

The Talokans and Eternals have been around for centuries but have no known interaction with world events (the Snap, etc). 

I assume the Talokans were affected by the snap, (losing a large segment of their population) but the snap wasn’t discussed that much in this film. If we didn’t see T’challa’s son being so old (Nakia didn’t get snapped) we wouldn’t have any indicators the snap happened.  The Eternals were what 8 members? Salma Hayek’s character mentioned how amazing humanity was that they were able to undo the snap, but I wasn’t surprised out of 8 Eternals none were snapped. 

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I liked the respect, yet slight sexual tension between them. Namor is hot- I don’t blame Shuri. 

I assume the Talokans were affected by the snap, (losing a large segment of their population) but the snap wasn’t discussed that much in this film. If we didn’t see T’challa’s son being so old (Nakia didn’t get snapped) we wouldn’t have any indicators the snap happened.  The Eternals were what 8 members? Salma Hayek’s character mentioned how amazing humanity was that they were able to undo the snap, but I wasn’t surprised out of 8 Eternals none were snapped. 

In the case of the Eternals

Spoiler

none were snapped because they're not technically alive.

• Love 1

Wakanda Forever got 4 IPA (International Press Academy) nominations - winners will be announced on Feb. 11...

IPA Reveals Nominations for the 27th Satellite™ Awards
December 8, 2022
https://www.pressacademy.com/news/ipa-reveals-nominations-for-the-27th-satellite-awards/
https://www.pressacademy.com/2022-nominees/ 

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jean Smart    Babylon
Angela Bassett    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Kerry Condon    The Banshees of Inisherin
Dolly de Leon    Triangle of Sadness
Claire Foy    Women Talking
Jamie Lee Curtis    Everything Everywhere All at Once
Motion Picture, Drama
Top Gun: Maverick
Living
The Fabelmans
Till
Women Talking
Tár
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Original Song
“Hold My Hand”    Lady Gaga    Top Gun: Maverick
“Lift Me Up”    Rihanna        Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
“Naatu Naatu”    Kala Bhairava, M.M. Keeravani & Rahul Sipligunj    RRR
“Vegas”    Doja Cat    Elvis
“Carolina”        Taylor Swift    Where the Crawdads Sing
“Applause”    Diane Warren    Tell It Like a Woman
Costume Design
Ruth E. Carter    Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Mary Zophres    Babylon
Cathrine Matrin    Elvis
Gersha Phillips    The Woman King
Sandy Powell    Living
Alexandra Byrne    Empire of Light

Edited by tv echo

‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Stays Atop Box Office for Fifth Weekend as Overall Ticket Sales Crater
By Rebecca Rubin   Dec 11, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/black-panther-box-office-record-fifth-weekend-1235456963/ 

Without any box office competition, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” has remained the No. 1 movie in North America for the fifth weekend in a row. The superhero sequel added $11.1 million from 3,725 theaters over the weekend, boosting its domestic total to $409 million.

“Wakanda Forever” is only the third movie this year to cross the $400 million mark domestically, a promising tally by adjusted pandemic expectations. It’s also the first movie since 2018’s “Black Panther” to hold the top spot on box office charts for five consecutive weekends. Yet the follow-up won’t come close to matching the receipts of its predecessor, which became a cultural phenomenon with $700 million in North America and $1.3 billion globally. However, the sequel faced unexpected obstacles, like the loss of star Chadwick Boseman, who played the title hero and died in 2020 from cancer, as well as a challenged movie theater market. Globally, “Wakanda Forever” has generated $767.8 million, making it the sixth-highest grossing movie of 2022.
“A five-week stand at the top of box office charts — while great for ‘Wakanda Forever’ — is not a formula for ongoing success for the industry,” says Paul Dergarabedian, a senior analyst at Comscore. “This has placed enormous pressure on ‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ to deliver big when it opens later this week.”

He adds, “A lack of consistent crowd-pleasers has made for an uncharacteristically slow holiday season.”

Wakanda Forever got 2 Golden Globe nominations - winners will be announced on Jan. 10...

Golden Globes 2023: Complete Nominations List
By Brent Lang, Jordan Moreau     Dec 12, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/awards/awards/golden-globes-nominations-list-nominees-2-1235455667/ 

Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture
Angela Bassett (“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”) 
Kerry Condon (“The Banshees of Inisherin”) 
Jamie Lee Curtis (“Everything Everywhere All at Once”) 
Dolly De Leon (“Triangle of Sadness”)
Carey Mulligan (“She Said”)
Best Original Song, Motion Picture
“Carolina” from “Where the Crawdads Sing” (Sony Pictures) — Taylor Swift 
“Ciao Papa” from “Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio” (Netflix) — Roeben Katz, Guillermo del Toro 
“Hold My Hand” from “Top Gun: Maverick” (Paramount Pictures) — Lady Gaga, BloodPop 
“Lift Me Up” from “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” (Marvel Studios) — Tems, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler 
“Naatu Naatu” from “RRR” (Variance Films) — Kala Bhairava, M. M. Keeravani, Rahul Sipligunj 

Wakanda Forever got 6 noms for Critics Choice Awards...

‘Everything Everywhere All at Once’ Leads Critics Choice Awards with 14 Nominations
Anne Thompson     December 14, 2022
https://www.indiewire.com/2022/12/2023-critics-choice-awards-film-nominees-full-list-1234792142/ 

The 600-member Critics Choice Association (CCA) revealed the film category nominees for the 28th Annual Critics Choice Awards, which will be held at the Critics Choice Awards gala, broadcast live on The CW from the Fairmont Century Plaza in Los Angeles on Sunday, January 15, 2023 (at 7:00 p.m. ET). As the largest film critic association in North America, the CCAs are often predictive of the Oscars.
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Angela Bassett – “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
Jessie Buckley – “Women Talking”
Kerry Condon – “The Banshees of Inisherin”
Jamie Lee Curtis – “Everything Everywhere All at Once”
Stephanie Hsu – “Everything Everywhere All at Once”
Janelle Monáe – “Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery”
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

Hannah Beachler, Lisa K. Sessions – “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
Rick Carter, Karen O’Hara – “The Fabelmans”
Dylan Cole, Ben Procter, Vanessa Cole – “Avatar: The Way of Water”
Jason Kisvarday, Kelsi Ephraim – “Everything Everywhere All at Once”
Catherine Martin, Karen Murphy, Bev Dunn – “Elvis”
Florencia Martin, Anthony Carlino – “Babylon”
BEST COSTUME DESIGN

Ruth E. Carter – “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
Jenny Eagan – “Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery”
Shirley Kurata – “Everything Everywhere All at Once”
Catherine Martin – “Elvis”
Gersha Phillips – “The Woman King”
Mary Zophres – “Babylon”
BEST HAIR AND MAKEUP

“Babylon”
“The Batman”
“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
“Elvis”
“Everything Everywhere All at Once”
“The Whale”

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

“Avatar: The Way of Water”
“The Batman”
“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
“Everything Everywhere All at Once”
“RRR”
“Top Gun: Maverick”
BEST SONG

“Carolina” – “Where the Crawdads Sing”
“Ciao Papa” – “Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio”
“Hold My Hand” – “Top Gun: Maverick”
“Lift Me Up” – “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
“Naatu Naatu” – “RRR”
“New Body Rhumba” – “White Noise”

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will stream on Disney+ sometime in 2023...

Streaming in 2023 | Feels Like Home | Disney+
Disney Plus    Dec 19, 2022

ETA: According to this source, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is estimated to be released on DVD and Blu-ray in February of 2023.

Edited by tv echo

As a tribute to Chadwick, it couldn’t have been lovelier.

As an MCU movie, all I can say is I’m glad I’ve learned to temper my expectations, especially when it comes to female characters. Shuri’s story arc was great, and I love Okoye, but I’m still pissed that they fridged Ramonda.

Also Nakia deserved more, but I’ll bet she would have had a bigger part if Chadwick hadn’t died

So Okoye really was married to W’Kabi? Yikes. I get why Ramonda was furious with her after Shuri got taken, only it sucks that they didn’t get to make up before Ramonda died.

I’m not sure why Everett Ross needed to be in this, and him being Val’s ex was just weird—she also seemed off from the way she was in BW and FATWS. But I did love Okoye busting him out at the end. Unlike SOMEONE I could mention, at least she and Wakanda doesn’t leave their allies high and dry after they take the fall for them…

Costumes were gorgeous as ever. LOL at Riri calling out Namor’s outfit gift for Shuri as classic supervillain shit.

My other big gripe about the movie is once again trying to do villain apologia. Fine, Namor thinks he’s protecting his people, but a preemptive strike against the surface world only endangers his people more in the long run. Same crap as Kilmonger, and I didn’t like it the first time. I can’t believe people still ship him with Shuri after he killed her mother.

All in all, this was one of the better Phase 4 movies. 

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 4
16 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m not sure why Everett Ross needed to be in this, and him being Val’s ex was just weird—she also seemed off from the way she was in BW and FATWS.

I think Ross is supposed to be the Agent Coulson of Black Panther and since the movie was not just Wakanda and Talocan someone had to be there for the international interest. So why try to find and take time to introduce someone new? I guess given action in Boston where most of the Ross involvement sprang from FBI Agent Jimmy Woo could have showed up but we are back to no known ties to the Wakandans

As I understand it in the pre COVID production plan Val was supposed to have been introduced here as the CIA Director. But in the real world it still seems weird for her to be acting like an off the books contractor   in her other appearances with that information.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Raja said:

As I understand it in the pre COVID production plan Val was supposed to have been introduced here as the CIA Director. But in the real world it still seems weird for her to be acting like an off the books contractor   in her other appearances with that information.

No one can ever accuse the MCU of consistency. Unless Val is another Skrull…

Man, the more that I think about it, the madder I am about Okoye getting screwed over. She was the one holding Wakanda together during the Snap, but people were STILL side-eyeing her for Kilmonger? As I recall, she wasn’t the only one who just let him take over!

She really should’ve gotten her job at the Dora Milaje back at the end, or at the very least a better looking supersuit.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Man, the more that I think about it, the madder I am about Okoye getting screwed over. She was the one holding Wakanda together during the Snap, but people were STILL side-eyeing her for Kilmonger? As I recall, she wasn’t the only one who just let him take over!

I don't see it that way the Queen said not to go and as the General when the Queen relented finally failed in her command officer role as didn't lay on a proper security detail for Princess Shuri. Stealth was a choice but proved to be the wrong one, and when Generals make the wrong choice they get relieved of their command. 

As probably the only time in the memory of the people the actual succession by actual and not ritual combat  took place and there must be some soul searching among modern people about their succession rites. As they now have seen you will not always get a good reigning monarch.

32 minutes ago, Raja said:

I don't see it that way the Queen said not to go and as the General when the Queen relented finally failed in her command officer role as didn't lay on a proper security detail for Princess Shuri. Stealth was a choice but proved to be the wrong one, and when Generals make the wrong choice they get relieved of their command. 

As probably the only time in the memory of the people the actual succession by actual and not ritual combat  took place and there must be some soul searching among modern people about their succession rites. As they now have seen you will not always get a good reigning monarch.

Oh no, I get why Ramonda did all that, I was referring to the other Wakanda people that Ramonda supposedly went to bat for Okoye against. 

5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh no, I get why Ramonda did all that, I was referring to the other Wakanda people that Ramonda supposedly went to bat for Okoye against. 

Everything about how Okoye was treated pissed me off but I also thought it was consistent with the political structure of Wakanda. I hated it for Okoye, since she is one of my favorites, but I am also sure she inflicted that same rigid concept of honor and duty on others. I wonder if they will ever address those aspects in more detail. I’d love to see it as a focus of the Wakanda series.

I much as I hate that we can’t see a T’Challa led Wakanda and Ramonda being killed off, the franchise being led by Okoye, Nakia and Shuri has more potential to shake the system up. 

I did love the scene with Ramonda speaking at the UN and the flashback of the outreach facility being infiltrated, only to find that the Dora Milaje was ten steps ahead of them. I loved how they dragged them in front of the UN to prove their point that Wakanda could still handle itself just fine without T’Challa.

And if I didn’t know better, I think the other Ross was behind that attempted attack. I would have loved for Ramonda to put his ass in place.

• Like 3

Disney+ Announces Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Streaming Release Date
By Aeron Mer Eclarinal    January 1, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-wakanda-forever-disney-release-date-streaming 

Disney+ Support Team confirmed that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is set to release on Disney's main streaming service on Friday, January 20. 

Marvel Studios Wanted TWO Black Panthers Simultaneously In the MCU
By Richard Nebens    December 31, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panthers-mcu-marvel-studios 

Speaking on the Empire Podcast, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever star Letitia Wright revealed that Marvel Studios originally planned to have both Shuri and Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa serve as the Black Panther simultaneously.
Empire: "I imagine there's a lot of weight attached to that suit for many reasons. Can you talk me through your emotions putting on that suit and stepping onto set, and what the reaction was?

Wright: "It was bittersweet. Shuri was always gonna do it. But it was gonna be done in a different way where her brother was gonna be alongside her, really explore that, like the comic books, the ways that T'Challa and Shuri would be Black Panther alongside each other and try to figure out how to defend their nation."
"But unfortunately that's not how it panned out. I knew the responsibility, I knew the weight of it, but it was just bittersweet, something I struggled with a lot. But I'm extremely proud of myself, had great support."
"But now we've come to a full circle of the film being out, I'm just really proud of myself. As a black woman, being the first superhero that's a black woman in a Marvel Cinematic Universe film to do those numbers, history's being made as we sit here, and I'm a part of it, and that feels surreal. And that door has just been opened for another black woman to go and do that so I'm just proud, and I know my brother would be really proud of me too."

Edited by tv echo

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Streaming Release Date Confirmed By Disney+ Page
BY Aeron Mer Eclarinal    January 3, 2023
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-wakanda-forever-disney-release-date-streaming 

Update: Disney+ confirmed on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's homepage that the sequel will debut on Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
This confirmation comes a day after the Disney+ Support Team prematurely shared the incorrect date of January 20 for Wakanda Forever's streaming premiere:

Edited by tv echo

Golden Globes: Full List of Winners
BY KIMBERLY NORDYKE    JANUARY 10, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/golden-globes-2023-winners-list-1235294541/

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Any Motion Picture
Angela Bassett, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (WINNER)
Kerry Condon, The Banshees of Inisherin
Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All at Once
Dolly De Leon, Triangle of Sadness
Carey Mulligan, She Said

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Wakanda Forever got 2 SAG Awards nominations (one for Angela Bassett), 1 PGA Awards nomination and 7 NAACP Image Award nominations...

Jennifer Coolidge, Everything Everywhere All at Once lead 2023 SAG Awards nominations: See the full list
By Joey Nolfi    January 11, 2023 
https://ew.com/awards/sag-awards/2023-sag-awards-nominations-full-list/ 

See the full list of the 2023 SAG Awards nominations below. The awards will stream Sunday, Feb. 26, at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Netflix's YouTube channel.
Female Actor in a Supporting Role — Motion Picture
Angela Bassett, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Hong Chau, The Whale
Stephanie Hsu, Everything Everywhere All at Once
Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
The Batman
The Woman King

Hocus Pocus 2, RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 7, The Whale get 2023 PGA Awards nominations: See full list
By Joey Nolfi    January 12, 2023
https://ew.com/awards/2023-producers-guild-america-awards-nominations/ 

The 2023 PGA Awards winners will be announced on Feb. 25 at a ceremony at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles. See the full list of nominees below.
Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures
The Banshees of Inisherin
Elvis
Everything Everywhere All at Once
The Fabelmans
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
Tár
The Whale

NAACP Image Awards 2023: ‘Wakanda Forever,’ ‘The Woman King’ Among Top Film Nominees
BY HILARY LEWIS    JANUARY 12, 2023
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/naacp-image-awards-2023-nominations-list-nominees-1235297888/ 

The NAACP Image Awards is set to take place live, in front of an audience for the first time in three years, on Saturday, Feb. 25 at 8 p.m. ET on BET.
Outstanding Motion Picture
A Jazzman’s Blues (Netflix)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Emancipation (Apple TV)
The Woman King (Sony Pictures Releasing)
Till (United Artists Releasing/Orion Pictures)
Outstanding Actress in a Motion Picture
Danielle Deadwyler – Till (United Artists Releasing/Orion Pictures)
Keke Palmer – Alice (Vertical Entertainment)
Letitia Wright – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Regina Hall – Honk for Jesus. Save Your Soul (Focus Features)
Viola Davis – The Woman King (Sony Pictures Releasing)

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture
Aldis Hodge – Black Adam (Warner Bros. Pictures / New Line Cinema)
Cliff “Method Man” Smith – On The Come Up (Paramount Pictures)
Jalyn Hall – Till (United Artists Releasing/Orion Pictures)
John Boyega – The Woman King (Sony Pictures Releasing)
Tenoch Huerta – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture
Angela Bassett – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Danai Gurira – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Janelle Monáe – Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (Netflix)
Lashana Lynch – The Woman King (Sony Pictures Releasing)
Lupita Nyong’o – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Outstanding Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture 
A Jazzman’s Blues (Netflix)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios)
Emancipation (Apple TV)
The Woman King (Sony Pictures Entertainment)
Till (United Artists Releasing/Orion Pictures)

Edited by tv echo

Panel includes Nate Moore (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)...

Producers Roundtable: Viola Davis, Jerry Bruckheimer, Gail Berman, Kristie Macosko Krieger & More
The Hollywood Reporter    Premiered Jan 12, 2023

Wakanda Forever won two Critics Choice Awards (including one for Angela Bassett)...

Critics Choice Awards 2023: The full winners list
By Lauren Huff    January 15, 2023
https://ew.com/awards/critics-choice-awards-2023-full-winners-list/

Best Supporting Actress
WINNER: Angela Bassett, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Jessie Buckley, Women Talking

Janelle Monáe, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
Best Costume Design
WINNER: Ruth E. Carter, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Jenny Eagan, Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery
Shirley Kurata, Everything Everywhere All at Once
Catherine Martin, Elvis
Gersha Phillips, The Woman King
Mary Zophres, Babylon

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Voices Rising: The Music of Wakanda Forever
Marvel Entertainment    Jan 14, 2023

Celebrate the music of Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with the release of Voices Rising: The Music of Wakanda Forever, an Original series, coming to Disney+ on February 22.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Lift Me Up
Marvel Entertainment    Jan 14, 2023

Chapter 2: Kevin Feige, Nate Moore, Ryan Coogler, Joe Robert Cole
Wakanda Forever: The Official Black Panther Podcast
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chapter-2-kevin-feige-nate-moore-ryan-coogler-joe-robert/id1651004191?i=1000595160038 

The story of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever emerged out of the very real death of Chadwick Boseman, the actor who played T’Challa. But there was an earlier version of the script, a different story written when no one involved in the movie knew that Chadwick was gravely ill. Ta-Nehisi Coates is joined by director and co-writer Ryan Coogler and co-writer Joe Robert Cole to discuss the original screenplay, the changes they needed to make, what makes a Black Panther film, and their special collaboration on both movies. Ta-Nehisi also talks to producers Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, and Nate Moore, Executive of Production and Development, to learn about the 22-year journey to bring Black Panther to the screen and what excites them about Namor, comic book storytelling, and making movies.

Angela Bassett got a BAFTA Awards nomination...

BAFTA Awards 2023: See the full list of nominees
By Thomas Page     January 19, 2023
https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/19/entertainment/bafta-nominations-2023/index.html

The awards ceremony, which highlights some of the best British and international contributions in film of the year, will take place on February 19 at 7p.m. GMT, with actor Richard E. Grant on hosting duties at London’s Royal Festival Hall.
Supporting Actress
Angela Bassett, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
Hong Chau, “The Whale”
Kerry Condon, “The Banshees of Inisherin”
Jamie Lee Curtis, “Everything Everywhere All At Once”
Dolly De Leon, “Triangle of Sadness”
Carey Mulligan, “She Said”

Edited by tv echo

Including AB's nomination, Wakanda Forever got a total of 5 Oscar nominations...

Oscar Nominations 2023: Full List of Nominees Led by Everything Everywhere All at Once
BY KATEY RICH AND REBECCA FORD     JANUARY 24, 2023
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2023/01/oscar-nominations-2023-list-awards-insider 

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 
Angela Bassett, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Hong Chau, The Whale
BEST ORIGINAL SONG
Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna & Tems, “Lift Me Up,” Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Lady Gaga & BloodPop, “Hold My Hand,” Top Gun: Maverick
M.M. Keeravaani & Chandrabose, “Naatu Naatu,” RRR
Diane Warren, “Applause,” Tell It Like a Woman
Ryan Lott, David Byrne & Mitski, “This Is a Life,” Everything Everywhere All at Once 
BEST COSTUME DESIGN 
Jenny Beavan, Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris
Ruth Carter, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Catherine Martin, Elvis
Mary Zophres, Babylon
Shirley Kurata, Everything Everywhere All at Once
BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Batman
Elvis
The Whale