Type keyword(s) to search

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

Disney Confirms the Genre of Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever
By Richard Nebens    August 6, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-2-wakanda-forever-disney-genre 

An official production release from Disney has listed Black Panther: Wakanda Forever as "action-adventure" for its genre listing ahead of its November 11 release.

The same release also included the official synopsis for the sequel, teasing how the death of King T'Challa will drive the plot forward:

"In Marvel Studios’ Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba), fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of a hidden undersea nation, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livanalli. “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, opens in U.S. theaters Nov. 11, 2022."

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Disney Confirms the Genre of Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever
By Richard Nebens    August 6, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-2-wakanda-forever-disney-genre 

Action-adventure? Well, I'd never have guessed. There I was thinking it'd be a historical romcom. Gosh, a superhero movie being action-adventure. I can't wait until Disney confirms the colour of the sky.

Okay, the other part is worthwhile, but that headline is possibly the most obvious and self-evident thing I've read in some time.

• Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

The Women of ‘Wakanda Forever’
By Salamishah Tillet     Sept. 7, 2022
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/07/movies/black-panther-wakanda-forever-lupita-nyongo-danai-gurira-letitia-wright.html 

In advance of the Nov. 11 release of the sequel, with the plot still under wraps, I spoke to several women of “Wakanda Forever,” including Bassett, Cadena, Gurira, Kasumba, Nyong’o and Wright. Though they experienced the making of the film quite differently from one another, they found ways to grieve together, overcome injuries (Wright suffered a critical shoulder fracture and a severe concussion) and forge a real-life sisterhood on-set that mirrors the feminist spirit of the fictional Wakanda.
Given that past success, how did you prepare for this sequel, both in terms of its intense fandom and the loss of Chadwick Boseman?
LUPITA NYONG’O
Let me speak for myself. There was a lot of stillness, reflection, prayer and meditation to bolster me up as emotionally, mentally and spiritually as possible. It was a unique experience to step back into this world without our leader. When you have a sophomore film, there’s a lot of expectation. But I think the loss of Chadwick kind of took all that away. I found myself having to radically accept that this was going to be different, and that showing up with as much openness as possible was key.
GURIRA There are ways that you as an artist can try to have some control over what you’re stepping into. And for me, a lot of that is the training we do as the Dora Milaje. But it was also clear that there was another journey that we had to take. I remember sitting with Ryan, and he helped me process what felt different this time: It was grief. So grief intermingled with our process. There were things I couldn’t prepare for, like stepping into the throne room and remembering the last time I was there and getting really hit by that. And then, as Letitia said, we leaned on each other.

FLORENCE KASUMBA I had to learn that I’m still not ready to speak about everything with everyone. I didn’t know when I was going to be triggered. But if that happened, I knew there were people I could be open with; coming to work felt like coming home. Also, the training helped a lot because we had to be so focused. It was a combination of losing ourselves but also making sure that we move as one again after such a long time.

Mabel, you’re the newest member of this cast. What was it like becoming part of this “Black Panther community”?
MABEL CADENA
It was incredible. I didn’t speak the same language at the beginning, and the fight training was really hard for me, too. There were points when I felt really tired, but I was also inspired by these women every day. I’d say, “If these girls can, I can do more one day.” And then I’d speak to Ryan, and he’d give me the opportunity to build out my character as a Mexican woman. So, I was able to confront my fears and, at the same time, felt entirely safe with and grateful for these women.
“Black Panther” gave us a utopia that we do not necessarily have in real life. What excited you the most about the sisterhood you had as actresses or the female solidarity that your characters had for each other in “Wakanda Forever”?
NYONG’O The undervaluing of women because of their gender doesn’t exist in Wakanda. We saw that in the first film, which is why it resonated. This new film continues with the conceit that this is a world where those things don’t exist. But the question we’re tackling is not their womanhood. It’s their beliefs, passions, loves and arguments, and it creates a robust drama. Hopefully, the world as we know it watches and is empowered by it, despite itself.

What I love about the Wakanda story is that it offers us a version of a world that we are striving to get to.

11NEWSEASON-WAKANDA-WOMEN3-jumbo.jpg

merlin_211874772_e7929bb8-1b71-4512-8fa0

Everything we're excited about for Fall 2022
By Sam Barsanti, William Hughes, Saloni Gajjar, Matt Schimkowitz, Gabrielle Sanchez, Tim Lowery, Luke Y. Thompson, Mark Keizer, Jack Smart, Mary Kate Carr, Peter Helman, Hattie Lindert, Drew Gillis, Jennifer Lennon, and Cindy White   September 6, 2022
https://www.avclub.com/fall-preview-2022-film-tv-music-games-1849471619
https://www.avclub.com/fall-preview-2022-film-tv-music-games-1849471619/slides/2

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Release date: in theaters November 11

Forget Top Gun: Maverick and Avatar: The Way Of Water—obviously the year’s most anticipated sequel is our return to Wakanda. The final installment of the MCU’s Phase Four would be notable enough even without the untimely passing of the beloved T’Challa, Chadwick Boseman, throwing the story into uncertainty. Audiences will be mourning his loss even as they look forward to reuniting with writer-director Ryan Coogler and stars Lupita Nyong’o, Letitia Wright, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, and Angela Bassett, all again kicking ass with cutting-edge technology amid gorgeous African vistas. Sidenote: can we award an early Oscar to whoever so brilliantly blended Tems’ “No Woman, No Cry” cover with Kendrick Lamar’s “Alright” in the above teaser trailer? [Jack Smart]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Footage Lays Down the Law'

Description of new footage that was shown at D23:

As reported by Germain Lussier on the show floor, Wakanda Forever’s D23 footage opens with Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett) walking into the UN. Countries are very mad that Wakanda has been hiding their resources, and have no trouble laying into her for it. Once she gets the floor, she reminds the UN of her country’s former policy against sharing Vibranium not because they’re scared of its power, they’re scared of what people might do with it. ...

ETA:

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Ryan Coogler Reveals The Question That Drove Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Exclusive Image
By Ben Travis    September 24, 2022
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/ryan-coogler-question-black-panther-wakanda-forever-exclusive/ 

Coogler had already worked up an initial sequel idea involving T’Challa (one that he says was “spiritually very similar” to Wakanda Forever) before Boseman, who kept his illness private, passed away in August of 2020. After that, everything changed. “Maturity is about being faced with impossible questions, and still making a choice and moving forward,” says Coogler. One of the ways forward? Take the stellar supporting cast of Black Panther – from Letitia Wright’s Shuri, to Angela Bassett’s Queen Ramonda, to Winston Duke’s M’Baku, and Lupita Nyong’o’s Nakia – and give them the spotlight. “This unique group is more like a band than it is a group of actors, and Chad was our lead singer,” the filmmaker explains. “So for me, it was like, ‘How do I figure out a song that they can still get up there and sing?’, in light of what we were dealing with.”

For the cast, it required total trust in their director. “I didn’t have doubts – I had dread,” admits Nyong’o. “Ryan had walked me through what the film was going to be when Chadwick was still alive. And so once we lost him, the thought that we could go on, it was just unfathomable to me.” But against all the odds, Coogler created something that will honour both T’Challa, and Chadwick Boseman himself – and Nyong’o’s fears were quelled. “What Ryan ended up sharing with me was just so utterly truthful and beautiful,” she says. “By the end of it, I was in tears.” For audiences, there’s no question about it – we’re in for something epic, emotional, and deeply cathartic.

black-panther-wf-excl1.jpg

Shuri’s Journey In Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Allowed Letitia Wright ‘To Grieve, Cry, And Laugh’ – Exclusive
By Ben Travis    September 25, 2022
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/shuri-journey-black-panther-wakanda-forever-letitia-wright-grieve-cry-laugh-exclusive/ 

With director Ryan Coogler and the rest of the Black Panther cast returning, Wakanda Forever not only continues the story of the technologically-advanced African nation and its people, but also pays tribute to Boseman’s – and T’Challa’s – legacy. Wright’s own experiences while making the movie mirrored that of her character. “Shuri’s journey has allowed me to grieve, to cry, to laugh, and to gain strength that I never thought I could ever have,” she tells Empire. “Trials and tribulations make you who you are. You either fold or you get up and go again. I feel like Shuri kept looking at me every day, asking me if I was gonna fold or go again. And I just kept going until healing started to happen for me.”

Without T’Challa, the question remains of who will step into the Black Panther suit this time, and there are many potential candidates – Lupita Nyong’o’s ultra-capable spy Nakia, Danai Gurira’s warrior leader Okoye, maybe even Winston Duke’s Jabari tribe leader M’Baku. Or could it be Shuri herself, who has taken on the role in some comic book runs? “That’s a tricky question to answer,” says Wright. It is, however, a notion she once discussed a few years ago. “I had a chat about it with Ryan and Chad when we were making Black Panther, and we touched on it briefly,” she recalls. “When I realised I was playing Shuri, it was something that I really looked forward to.” Whatever happens next, she’ll always be Wakanda’s coolest princess.

empire-nov22-newsstand-1500.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Will Have the MCU’s Second-Longest Runtime
Jeremy Fuster | September 27, 2022
https://www.thewrap.com/black-panther-wakanda-forever-runtime/ 

Marvel fans will have plenty of time to enjoy Wakanda — and mourn Chadwick Boseman — as Ryan Coogler’s “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” will have a runtime of two hours and 41 minutes, according to listings on multiple movie theater websites.

The sequel to the Best Picture-nominated superhero film will be the second-longest film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe canon, second only to the three-hour “Avengers: Endgame.” It is five minutes longer than the previous film to hold that No. 2 spot, Chloe Zhao’s “Eternals,” and 27 minutes longer than the first “Black Panther.” TheWrap has reached out to Disney for comment.

Edited by tv echo
  • Applause 2
8 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

So it’s Shuri then.

Dammit, I wanted it to be Nakia. Still, this looks so awesome.

I was hoping for Nakia or Okoye. I can’t say I’m surprised given how Wright’s injury halted filming entirely. I am definitely disappointed for a lot of reasons. Oh well, it still looks amazing.

My stupid brain is holding out a shrivel of hope that there will be a last minute surprise of Shuri passing the mantle to Nakia at the end of the movie. But as it has been made painfully clear in the last few years, the MCU just isn’t that smart.

• Love 2

This is a real shame. I don't like the character of Shuri very much, and I dislike the actress quite a lot.

Drops this movie down from a must-see to an 'I'll get around to this sometime,' for me.

I just can't get my head around having an actress as captivating and talented as Lupita Nyong'o and passing up on the chance to make her your headliner. Especially in favour of someone who has been problematic on social media and on set.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

This is a real shame. I don't like the character of Shuri very much, and I dislike the actress quite a lot.

Drops this movie down from a must-see to an 'I'll get around to this sometime,' for me.

I just can't get my head around having an actress as captivating and talented as Lupita Nyong'o and passing up on the chance to make her your headliner. Especially in favour of someone who has been problematic on social media and on set.

I agree, but I’m still excited for it. And I don’t want to ruin it for all the little girls who are happy to have another Black superheroine in the MCU.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

just can't get my head around having an actress as captivating and talented as Lupita Nyong'o and passing up on the chance to make her your headliner. Especially in favour of someone who has been problematic on social media and on set.

Too busy? Wanted to much money? Out of the 4 of them I'd have given it to Angela Bassett because she's AWESOME. 

I am mostly fine with this, I thought the scene of Riri Williams/Iron Heart...was it Hulk Buster armor? Looked stupid AF. 

Honestly you could give me M'Baku, Ramonda, Namor and Okoye all movie long and I'd be super happy. I'm curious how they're going to handle a new Black Panther without the flower. Will Shuri's BP be a tech based? I mean she could have a suit that provides all benefits of the flower.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

It never fails to amaze me that people thought the new Black Panther would be anyone but Shuri. Not only is Shuri comic-accurate, but the concentration of the initial teaser trailer showcases the dual origin stories of Shuri and Namor. Every clip is either Shuri or Namor, except for the few that are included to show the other people in the film. Besides, that tiny body at the end of the teaser trailer could only have been Shuri. Everybody else has too much hips and booty (including MBaku).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Too busy? Wanted to much money? Out of the 4 of them I'd have given it to Angela Bassett because she's AWESOME. 

That's what I was thinking. Being the title character in a marvel movie is a massive commitment that not everyone would be interested in taking.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm curious how they're going to handle a new Black Panther without the flower.

I am mostly curious how they explain T'challa's death. Especially from a country that is so advanced there should basically be no disease or injury they can't cure. And that is before you account for outer space tech.

LOL - Didn't even watch the new trailer yet, but just from the new posters, it looked like it was going to be Shuri. (Then I came here, and y'all confirm it!) She makes sense, but I also would have liked to see Lupita in the suit.

7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm curious how they're going to handle a new Black Panther without the flower.

I've always assumed - at the very least - that there were some seeds of that herb somewhere else other than that temple. So despite what Killmonger did in BP, I never thought the herb was extinct.

That being said, I think Black Panther without the herb and with tech instead, is also completely possible. I'll be the fencesitter and say I'd like both.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 3

Warning, some significant spoilers/rumors below:

Spoiler

There are rumors of more than one person wearing the black panther suit and/or taking on the mantle in the movie.  I don't know if we will be able to tell who is going to be the black panther in future films based on marketing and trailers. It might not even be the person wearing the suit in the big battle. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

Warning, some significant spoilers below:

Hide contents

There are rumors of more than one person wearing the black panther suit and/or taking on the mantle in the movie.  I don't know if we will be able to tell who is going to be the black panther in future films based on marketing and trailers. 

Well, HELL maybe 

Spoiler

Ramunda, Nakia, Okoye, AND Shuri all get to be in the suit!

20 hours ago, Trini said:

I've always assumed - at the very least - that there were some seeds of that herb somewhere else other than that temple. So despite what Killmonger did in BP, I never thought the herb was extinct.

Yeah it would be pretty stupid if the most technologically advanced nation didn't have some sore of back up plan for the heart shaped herb, considering how important it is to their culture. Something like a seed vault or a way to clone it or something.

• Love 3

An Unbreakable Bond
BY CHARLIE BRINKHURST-CUFF     29 SEP 2022
https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a41388842/black-panther-danai-gurira-lupita-nyongo-letitia-wright-profile/ 

What’s clear in the trailer is that the women of Wakanda take centre stage, and it’s left many people speculating that the next Black Panther might just be a woman, with the new film casting aside the patrilineal monarchy of Wakanda’s first outing and bringing the nation into a new era. Not least because in the Marvel comics which the films are based on, Shuri does become the Black Panther on various occasions.

Nyong’o chuckles, mischievously. ‘We love the speculation,’ she says.

‘They’re not getting all of it right!’ chimes in Gurira, who plays Okoye, the general of Wakanda’s female warriors, the Dora Milaje.

‘No,’ concedes Nyong’o. ‘They haven’t guessed it at all.’

Michaela Coel on Creativity, Romance, and the Path to Wakanda Forever
BY CHIOMA NNADI    October 6, 2022
https://www.vogue.com/article/michaela-coel-november-cover-2022-interview 

In November, Coel will appear in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, the second in Marvel’s wildly popular Afrofuturist series. News of her role immediately lit up the internet, energizing Coel fans and comic book aficionados alike. For the actor, joining the ensemble cast was a wish fulfilled; she’d been one of the many young hopefuls who auditioned for the first Black Panther movie while she was still a student at the Guildhall drama school in London. “I think for a lot of people it was the first time we’d seen some sort of representation on a very mainstream platform about the magic of Africa, the magic of the people, our ancestors,” she says. “Coming here, you do feel something magical.”
The role Coel would play in the Black Panther sequel was still taking shape when Chadwick Boseman, who starred as the beloved titular superhero, died at the age of 43 after a long battle with colon cancer. When filming began last year, “it felt like the entire cast was processing grief,” she says. “There was a sense that we have to bring this baby home in the name of Chadwick. I thought to myself, I’m rolling up my sleeves and I’m getting in. I don’t need to be front and center, I’m here to support.” Her castmate and friend Winston Duke describes the emotional experience as a bonding moment. “She really became part of the family,” he says.
In comic book lore, Aneka is a captain and combat instructor in the Dora Milaje, the fearless all-female crew of warriors who protect the kingdom of Wakanda. As the story goes, she falls in love with her warrior colleague Ayo, played by Florence Kasumba, and their forbidden affair causes disruption in the ranks. “That sold me on the role, the fact that my character’s queer,” Coel says. “I thought: I like that, I want to show that to Ghana.” Like many African countries, Ghana has draconian antigay laws dating back to the colonial era. Most recently though, a bill has been put to parliament calling for some of the most oppressive anti-LGBTQ+ legislation the continent has ever seen. If passed, it could make identifying as gay or even an ally a second-degree felony, punishable by five years in prison. “People say, ‘Oh, it’s fine, it’s just politics.’ But I don’t think it is just politics when it affects how people get to live their daily lives,” she says. “That’s why it felt important for me to step in and do that role because I know just by my being Ghanaian, Ghanaians will come.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

An Unbreakable Bond
BY CHARLIE BRINKHURST-CUFF     29 SEP 2022
https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/culture/a41388842/black-panther-danai-gurira-lupita-nyongo-letitia-wright-profile/ 

Michaela Coel on Creativity, Romance, and the Path to Wakanda Forever
BY CHIOMA NNADI    October 6, 2022
https://www.vogue.com/article/michaela-coel-november-cover-2022-interview 

I think that Shuri is a red herring.  Even if she becomes the Black Panther it will be temporary like in the comic books. I think someone unexpected that we may not know will become the new Black Panther.

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I think that Shuri is a red herring.  Even if she becomes the Black Panther it will be temporary like in the comic books. I think someone unexpected that we may not know will become the new Black Panther.

That's my thought too. Why avoid showing who was in the Black Panther suit in the first teaser (and NOT include an action figure of the new Black Panther in the rest of the Wakanda Forever line from Hasbro, since toy previews can be a source of character/costume spoilers) if they were just going to reveal it in the second trailer? I think there's more to it than just, "Hey, it's Shuri!"

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, angora said:

That's my thought too. Why avoid showing who was in the Black Panther suit in the first teaser (and NOT include an action figure of the new Black Panther in the rest of the Wakanda Forever line from Hasbro, since toy previews can be a source of character/costume spoilers) if they were just going to reveal it in the second trailer? I think there's more to it than just, "Hey, it's Shuri!"

I agree. I didn’t see the trailer as confirmation that it is Shuri. That seems to be the common reaction but alluding to it seems like a strange choice for such a big announcement. Like you said why hide it to begin with or why not announce it at ComicCon or D23. Plus Marvel has a track record with trailers that prove they can’t be trusted. 

On 10/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Trini said:

Totally possible. Also possible that they figure out how to use the vibranium to mutate a new herb to the same effect. Or heck Moon Knight confirmed Bast, maybe she had a secret stash somewhere 

12 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Totally possible. Also possible that they figure out how to use the vibranium to mutate a new herb to the same effect. Or heck Moon Knight confirmed Bast, maybe she had a secret stash somewhere 

Perhaps Bast herself makes an appearance and leads the new Black Panther to a stash of the herbs like she did with the original Black Panther thousands of years ago..

Edited by Pearson80

Even if she becomes the Black Panther it will be temporary like in the comic books.

If we're going to follow the comic books, then Nakia should end up being a villain yesterday.

• Love 1

Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett)
BP2_BlackSeries_Ramonda_v2_lg.jpg

Shuri (Letitia Wright)
BP2_BlackSeries_Shuri_v2_lg.jpg

Aneka (Michaela Coel)
BP2_BlackSeries_Aneka_v2_lg.jpg

Ayo (Florence Kasumba)
BP2_BlackSeries_Ayo_v1_lg.jpg

War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o)
BP2_BlackSeries_Nakia_v3_lg.jpg

Okoye (Danai Gurira)
BP2_BlackSeries_Okoye_v3_lg.jpg

M’Baku (Winston Duke)
BP2_BlackSeries_MBaku_v2_lg.jpg

Riri Williams/Ironheart (Dominique Thorne)
BP2_BlackSeries_Riri_v3_lg.jpg

Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman)
BP2_BlackSeries_Ross_v2_lg.jpg

King of Talokan Namor (Tenoch Huerta)
BP2_BlackSeries_Namor_v2_lg.jpg

Namora (Mabel Cadena)

BP2_BlackSeries_Namora_v2_lg.jpg

Attuma (Alex Livinalli)
BP2_BlackSeries_Attuma_v2_lg.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Namora but, no Namorita...guess she's in the next movie.  Why is Namora blue? Isn't she mixed race like Namor?

They probably just went with Namora since Namorita is essentially the second version of the original and not necessary.

Namora may not be mixed-race in this version for whatever story purposes.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:14 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

I am mostly curious how they explain T'challa's death. Especially from a country that is so advanced there should basically be no disease or injury they can't cure. And that is before you account for outer space tech.

Spoiling just in case:

This was discussed a bit regarding Love and Thunder and Jane Foster's cancer. In the comics, it was decided at some point that very serious diseases like cancer could not simply be cured, even in places like Wakanda where Shuri or someone else could just create or invent something that would bring the illness to a halt. Yes, they've established that the country has many brilliant scientists and almost unlimited resources, but in the source material even their medical knowledge only goes so far.

I just hope this is better than the first one which I thought was overrated despite really enjoying Chadwick's and Michael B Jordan's performances.  But as a whole, the movie itself is in the middle of the pack for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Marvel Producer Compares Black Panther 2 to The Godfather
By Richard Nebens    Oct 13, 2022
https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-2-the-godfather 

In the latest issue of Total Film magazine, Marvel Studios VP of Production & Development Nate Moore compared the events of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever to those of 1972's cinematic classic The Godfather.
“This sounds crazy but I’m going to say it. There’s a little bit of a mob movie to this. There’s a little bit of… The Godfather… sounds like I’m being insane, but… There’s that feeling of families of war. Because this movie is very much about Wakanda finding an equal to itself, and Namor’s world of Talocan."

“But these two isolationist nations that are incredibly powerful – probably more powerful than any other nations in the world – [are] figuring out how they can both co-exist. The film is very much about Wakanda opening up its borders to some degree, and impacting Namor’s world in a way that’s unexpected. Namor kind of comes to Wakanda with a proposal that’s not unlike, you know, one of the five families coming with a proposal. And Wakanda is having to figure out how to negotiate with this world power that isn’t afraid of it, frankly.”

King T'Challa and More Marvel Legends Episodes Coming to Disney+ Ahead of Black Panther 2
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - October 20, 2022 
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/black-panther-2-wakanda-forever-chadwick-boseman-king-tchalla-marvel-studios-legends-disney-plus/ 

Before returning to the world of Wakanda in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, relive the legend of King T'Challa on new episodes of Marvel Studios Legends. The Disney+ short-form docu-series will tie into Wakanda Forever with special recaps revisiting legendary Wakandan warriors King T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman), Princess Shuri (Letitia Wright), and General Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje. The Black Panther episodes of Marvel Studios Legends are streaming Friday, November 4th on Disney+, one week before Marvel's Wakanda Forever opens in theaters on November 11th. See the official description below.

The three new episodes of Marvel Studios Legends will highlight key aspects of the Black Panther characters, using footage from 2016's Captain America: Civil War, 2018's Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War, and 2019's Avengers: Endgame.