Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Rubber (Wo)man/S01.E02: Rubber Wo(man) Part 2

• Start Topic

A teenager and her Dads move into a forsaken home with a grim past. As the family makes renovations, a darkness takes root within them.

Scarlett enters a twisted new romance while Michael and Troy are forced to confront their rocky relationship.

Airdate: 07.15.2021

• Love 1

The second episode was definitely better then the first but I really enjoyed both of them.  I have a fondness for stories about female psychopaths and the story was kind of fun to watch.  It was perfect for a two episode storyline.    I kinda liked Scarlett and was glad she survived the murder house.   

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/15/2021 at 4:48 PM, Chaos Theory said:

The second episode was definitely better then the first but I really enjoyed both of them.  I have a fondness for stories about female psychopaths and the story was kind of fun to watch.  It was perfect for a two episode storyline.    I kinda liked Scarlett and was glad she survived the murder house.   

I liked both episodes. I read a couple of the comments here before watching so I went in with super low expectations but I thought it was pretty entertaining. Not a home run but I was happy to see another chapter in the Murder House saga.

I wasn't exactly thrilled that Scarlett was able to get away with her crimes, but I also didn't like the idea of her being stuck in the house forever, so it mostly worked for me. 

One thing that I thought was odd. When her dads realize that they're dead and can't leave the house, I'm pretty sure this takes place on the morning or afternoon of Halloween. Why weren't they able to leave the grounds if it was Halloween? Can they only leave at night?

Kaia looks *exactly* like her mother. 

Paris wasn't bad. I wonder if she'll become a member of Ryan Murphy's troupe.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 4

I liked the callbacks to the OG Murder House season. The humor in the second part made it more enjoyable for me. 

And I’d be A-OK with Ryan Murphy trading out Paris Jackson for Emma Roberts in his projects.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SHD said:

And I’d be A-OK with Ryan Murphy trading out Paris Jackson for Emma Roberts in his projects.

I initially thought of her as a sub for Billie Lourd but I like your idea better. 

I also liked the line the new psychiatrist gave about working on a book with Dylan McDermott's character. Those are the kind of callbacks I appreciate. And of course I spent way too much time wondering how they'd get published lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I initially thought of her as a sub for Billie Lourd but I like your idea better. 

I also liked the line the new psychiatrist gave about working on a book with Dylan McDermott's character. Those are the kind of callbacks I appreciate. And of course I spent way too much time wondering how they'd get published lol.

I also liked less hot Dad asking to be referred to the other dead psychiatrist!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Kaia is beautiful but not an actress.  So happy to see Murder House again.  I love that house/set...no idea what they felt they needed to remodel.

I thought there were rules about the ghosts being able to murder others or is it because it’s Halloween?

• Love 1
(edited)

Both episodes were fun. They reminded me of how much I LOVED AHS Murder House. The series is unrecognizeable now thanks to Murphy's relentless favoritism. Emma Roberts, Kaia Gerber, Billie Lourd; Murphy has an odd fixation with casting relatives/offspring of 90's A-Listers.

Overall, I enjoyed both episodes. I think after the shit show that was AHS:1984 Murphy and Co realized they work best with more condensed stories. I'm wondering if that's why AHS 10 is being split into two separate seasons with only 5 or episodes each.

But what I really want to know is what the hell happened to Cody Fern. He hasn't been cast in any of Murphy's upcoming AHS projects.  Something must happened on the set of 1984 because Fern's role was sliced and diced so badly he onlyy had 1 line in the finale.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 4
On 7/15/2021 at 10:37 PM, Avaleigh said:

When her dads realize that they're dead and can't leave the house, I'm pretty sure this takes place on the morning or afternoon of Halloween. Why weren't they able to leave the grounds if it was Halloween? Can they only leave at night?

You got it.  That's why the girls had to return by sunrise.

13 hours ago, sashayshante said:

But what I really want to know is what the hell happened to Cody Fern. He hasn't been cast in any of Murphy's upcoming AHS projects.  

Why would a rising star want to be cast in a dying franchise?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

You got it.  That's why the girls had to return by sunrise.

Why would a rising star want to be cast in a dying franchise?

Cody Fern is doing an episode of the spinoff. Rising star? I never really hear about him much honestly.

• Love 1

It was …OK. Nothing great but better than 1984 at least. It just runs into the same problem with the story I had by the end of the original Murder House season: because everyone killed in the house immediately wakes up as a ghost and spends the rest of their afterlife in the house, interacting with the living and the other spirits, it’s not really that big of a deal to be murdered there. So what if a family member gets murdered, they’re still there like normal. That house must be just stuffed full of bodies/spirits. It’s just silly now. 

• Love 4
On 7/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, sashayshante said:

But what I really want to know is what the hell happened to Cody Fern. He hasn't been cast in any of Murphy's upcoming AHS projects.  Something must happened on the set of 1984 because Fern's role was sliced and diced so badly he only had 1 line in the finale.

There's been talk about Ryan Murphy and the casting couch for years now. Lots of dirty little secrets in Hollywood. And it was rumored that Cody Fern rejected his advances. However, during 1984 Ryan said he had a big project set up for Cody, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson (or was it Finn?) on Instagram. Haven't heard about it since, unless he meant this current series. 

• Useful 1
On 7/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Cotypubby said:

So what if a family member gets murdered, they’re still there like normal. That house must be just stuffed full of bodies/spirits. It’s just silly now. 

Also, in the original didn't they say they were only trapped in the house if the body/bones are there? Because at the end of Halloween when the girls walked back to the house the one girl told her brother to let the police know the bodies were in the house, then said "see you next Halloween" or did I hear that wrong?

I kept wanting to see some of the ghost from the original and didn't find this one scary or good. I think Paris Jackson is pretty and I think her acting was better then some I've watched on these shows so I would like to see more of her in AHS.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Also, in the original didn't they say they were only trapped in the house if the body/bones are there? Because at the end of Halloween when the girls walked back to the house the one girl told her brother to let the police know the bodies were in the house, then said "see you next Halloween" or did I hear that wrong?

I kept wanting to see some of the ghost from the original and didn't find this one scary or good. I think Paris Jackson is pretty and I think her acting was better then some I've watched on these shows so I would like to see more of her in AHS.

My understanding is that they are trapped there if they can't move on. I remember that Moira wanted her bones discovered not so she could leave, but so that her murderer (Constance/Jessica Lange) would be caught. Constance told her to go ahead and 'move on' if she was unhappy, and Moira's mother even asked her to come to the afterlife with her, but Moira said she couldn't in both cases. 

We also know that most of the ghosts don't have their corpses/bones in the house. The young guy that was Constance's lover had his body turned into the "Boy Dahlia" and dumped elsewhere. Tate and Ben Harmon and many others were known to have been killed there and were presumably taken away and buried. 

I suppose the girl who told her brother where the bodies were could visit with her family any time if they came to the house, but I would also be wary inviting my family there due to all the nonchalant murdering that goes on there. Maybe they could meet out on the lawn or something. :P 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am a huge fan of Ryan Murphy he is still one of my favorite show runners.   Yes he does have favorites but a lot of showrunners and directors do.  It only seems to matter when those favorites aren’t yours.  If you don’t particularly like them yourselves or even worse if you outright hate them which I found tends to happen alot with Ryan Murphy.    

Anyway I really liked the first two chapters in this not just because it was back in the Murder House but because it was one of my favorite kinds of stories.  I like a good downward spiral of a female protagonist and watching Scarlett be the Rubberwoman is exactly something I would love to watch in long format. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

Kaia Gerber should stick to modeling and Paris Jackson should stick to whatever else she was doing. That was painful to watch. Emma Roberts isn't the greatest but one thing she excels at is playing a bitch and Paris just wasn't on her level when it came to bitchiness. YMMV

• Love 3
On 7/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, WednesdayAddams said:

There's been talk about Ryan Murphy and the casting couch for years now. Lots of dirty little secrets in Hollywood. And it was rumored that Cody Fern rejected his advances. However, during 1984 Ryan said he had a big project set up for Cody, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson (or was it Finn?) on Instagram. Haven't heard about it since, unless he meant this current series. 

There was a pretty long thread on Datalounge from a guy who worked crew for AHS. He insisted - many times - Murphy was the polar opposite of a predator. That he was actually very aloof and kind of cold. The thread also said Emma Roberts was an absolute bitch to the crew and that she and Evan Peters both had clear drug problems.

I like Cody Fern but he did himself no favors by being so publicly disgruntled about how his role on House of Cards was diminished because of Kevin Spacey's predatory behavior.

• Useful 1

Nice to be back in the Murder House from season 1, and love the return of the rubber man suit. I wonder if this takes place before or after the events of "Apocalypse". Wish there were cameos from the original cast.

Wow, Kaia Gerber looks exactly like her mother, but she needs to work on her acting skills. Paris Jackson is so pretty. I wish Ryan Murphy had cast more offspring of major celebrities in the roles of the other teenage girls in the group, e.g. Madonna's daughter Lourdes Leon would be perfect.

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 11:04 PM, sashayshante said:

Both episodes were fun. They reminded me of how much I LOVED AHS Murder House. The series is unrecognizeable now thanks to Murphy's relentless favoritism. Emma Roberts, Kaia Gerber, Billie Lourd; Murphy has an odd fixation with casting relatives/offspring of 90's A-Listers.

Nepotism is so out of control I feel bad for the super talented who can’t even get through the door.

There is a new movie out starring Sean Penn and his daughter.  Music by Eddie Vedder and his daughter.   Are they the best for each of their roles?  Doubtful.  

• Love 1

I've always thought AHS was one of the worst and most overrated series ever made (I stopped watching after Coven).   But I figured I'd give the shorter format a chance.   How bad can you fuck up in a one or two-parter, right?

Of all possible bad endings, though, I didn't foresee the Nepotism Murder House becoming a trendy D&B (dead and breakfast).

What I do foresee is me not watching any more of this crap.