Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, SMP637 said:

#TEAMKAT I love her.  If people like Amy, Tess, and Cassie Trammel can make show group, then why is Kat so less deserving?  At least she doesn't put people to sleep when she dances.... she pops.  I'm happy she made it. 

Besides, look at how many non-technical dancers KILL on show group....Ashlee, Kashara, and the GOAT Nicole Hamilton.  Not the most technical dancers,  but they all have the "IT" factor.

Go Kat!!!

2 hours ago, jammen said:

Thank you!! I'm glad we have some people on here showing some love to Kat. She's my girl and I'm so proud of her. Can't wait to see her improve and be the best she can to her ability! #TEAMKAT

Oh yes, #TeamKat.

As a card-carrying member of #TeamKat I can say that #TeamKat is the easiest team to be in. It is very self explanatory. Unlike some other soft spoken girls, Kat doesn’t need to be hyped. She does everything herself, thank you very much. Who else gets asked to tell a joke during the interview rounds and pulls it off? Who else makes her Lucchese cowboy boots look like go-go boots with her long legs? Who else stands out from the nosebleed seats?

Kat.

I am certain that Kat will manage to get airtime on the show, well into her third DCC year. She doesn’t demand more airtime, she just makes it happen with lines like:”If you are not frying your hair, you are not doing it right”.

What I would like to convey about Kat is that she is a great team member and a great friend. She reaches across her own rookie class and has connected with all the years.

It is very disappointing to notice, after a couple of years, that girls you were fan of, were mean girls on the team. I do not think Kat will be one of them. Kat is on the team to have a great time and focussing on others is waisting energy.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I wonder if they will all gather and “touch the star” simultaneously while talking about how great the football team is. 😂 that was so silly. I’d rather watch Charlotte eat a sandwich than seeing all these girls do a funny ritual.

You have to wonder what some of the older less mesmerized TCC were thinking during that whole segment! I bet they are still laughing about it and at all that Charlotte is… 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I wonder if they will all gather and “touch the star” simultaneously while talking about how great the football team is. 😂 that was so silly. I’d rather watch Charlotte eat a sandwich than seeing all these girls do a funny ritual.

And in the name of all that is holy, I better never hear the words "empty your bucket" again!!!

• LOL 18
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I wonder if they will all gather and “touch the star” simultaneously while talking about how great the football team is. 😂 that was so silly.

You said this about touching the star and I remembered one season when Kelly was talking to one of the girls about her splits and saying to her that she needed to “touch the turf with all her glory” and I just lost it 😂😂😂

sorry… overshare…cracked myself up

Edited by aimeelou625
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

300% Positive. Season 7 Auditions. You can see her a few times, and very clearly when girls are being announced to Training Camp.

ETA: Didn't see the replies from others until after I wrote my reply. But, yeah LOL

Oh my gosh. I went back and watched. You’re right! That’s crazy to me. Considering how revered she was I’m shocked she was bypassed her first time. Also noticed blonde SG Hannah in season 7 as well. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

Oh my gosh. I went back and watched. You’re right! That’s crazy to me. Considering how revered she was I’m shocked she was bypassed her first time. Also noticed blonde SG Hannah in season 7 as well. 

Jen A is still a surprising one to me when I first noticed her in the background during tryouts the year before she made it.  I would think that would be a great comeback story, but I honestly think they are embarrassed to do it a lot of times bc then they would have to explain the ridiculous reasons why they didn't take them before (Melissa maybe weight, Jen looks?).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, GaveIn said:

Jen A is still a surprising one to me when I first noticed her in the background during tryouts the year before she made it.  I would think that would be a great comeback story, but I honestly think they are embarrassed to do it a lot of times bc then they would have to explain the ridiculous reasons why they didn't take them before (Melissa maybe weight, Jen looks?).  

Right lol? I'm so intrigued by comebacks and wonder why they don't acknowledge more of them, but then I realized how many there were/how few girls who become DCC made it on their first try...and it's almost just tooooo much to touch on. It's weird how so many of them don't even get to finals or TC and then blow them out of the water once they're eventually selected for TC.

I think in season 12 Kelli said the year before Taryn didn't make it out of semis?

I don't think Kelli Q. ever had a weight issue so it was easy to be like, 'Wow, where'd you come from?! Can't believe we never noticed you before!'

They could've acknowledged redhead Hannah's kick improvements though. I think in a previous season they acknowledged them as being too low

Did Melissa W. try out in season 8 too?

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, evasworld123 said:

Hannah is so pretty facially I've got to think it was either kicks or figure that kept her out. Ridiculous as it may seem, I think she's got that very small frame and lean build like Jalyn or Amy, where unfortunately a couple days of margarita bloat is going to be visible in the bra/hot pants they try out in.  They're always happy to show on the HD camera who has skin/belly movement, and I feel like it happens to some of the leaner girls more than it does the thicker girls, if that makes sense?  Like Melissa W might have been visually thick without movement, but a normally very lean girl could have a teeny jiggle.  The human body is weird and skin does weird things.  If someone's standard is normally +10-15 (think Vivian) than sometimes just that bit of weight loss is enough to have some loose skin.

Sometimes it tightens up over time, sometimes it doesn't.  hard to say.  Do I think some of their standards are bullshit?  Absolutely.  Just trying to talk through what the misses are.

Also, even though they inflate the numbers, there are still A TON of people who try out.  If they aren't someone well known in the Dallas dance community, it's not terribly unlikely they'd get missed.  I know Charlotte, Judy and Kelli go through and make sure no one gets missed, but it could still happen. 

I also think that Hannah and Kelli are very, very pretty, but their look can go a little harsh if makeup isn't perfect.  So if they tried out in a year that had a ton of Rachel W looks, also a reason they could have been missed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

But let's not forget Christina's boob job because there was nothing subtle about that change!

I remember the episode the year Christina made the team, when Kelli was looking at photos taken of them dancing at rehearsal, Kelli had the photo of Christina and pointed to her chest and said "There is no figure there." I wonder if that had any influence on her decision. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

I remember the episode the year Christina made the team, when Kelli was looking at photos taken of them dancing at rehearsal, Kelli had the photo of Christina and pointed to her chest and said "There is no figure there." I wonder if that had any influence on her decision. 

I mentioned this in a recent post as well. Maybe Christina had always been considering it. I come from the small chest land myself and can relate. But if some one said I had ‘no figure’ on national television, there’s no way it wouldn’t influence my decision. 

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Agent Gully said:

Thanks so much, Holly85. I've been meaning to ask what her announcement was. 

She is going to annnounce what type of business soon 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She is going to annnounce what type of business soon 

What was the point of the countdown on her IG stories? Countdown expired and no announcement has been revealed yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I thought Lemonbus or some insider said Tori (whom I love) did a terrible solo and the comment from the judge about not 'don't ever let her do hop hop again' was actually said about Tori and not Meredith as aired.

I would doubt that us true.  Tori danced in the NBA which is more hip hop style, and Meredith could definitely not do hip hop.  I don’t think that Tori’s solo last year could have been better, based on what we saw.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Back to Gina...the world has had poor role models forever...my era had Twiggy...the girl was a stick...she was about 5'7" and weighed in at about 100 pounds...At 5'6" 128# and a solid size 8 the girl made me feel self conscious & fat. I was so happy when she went out of style...my lowest weight as an adult is 121...and I could be the poster child for starving children everywhere...even my doctor wasn't impressed. My ribs showed in a very unflattering way. I don't have a small frame, so my healthy weight is about 145 as my mature self. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, MrsNiniG said:

What was the point of the countdown on her IG stories? Countdown expired and no announcement has been revealed yet. 🤷🏻‍♀️

According to ambers ig story that jayln Tagged in its a wedding and event planning business 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, itsweird said:

Thank goodness it's not some crappy MLM "business"

She isn’t off to a great start. If you click on the link for the website on the Instagram page it says the website isn’t configured. 

15 minutes ago, KatieC said:

She isn’t off to a great start. If you click on the link for the website on the Instagram page it says the website isn’t configured. 

she misspelled it. it should be "www." instead of "wwe." It's an easy mistake to make since she was probably typing on her phone and they're right next to each other on the keyboard.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

she misspelled it. it should be "www." instead of "wwe." It's an easy mistake to make since she was probably typing on her phone and they're right next to each other on the keyboard.

Yes I posted to let her know. It’s fixed now. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

It's weird how so many of them don't even get to finals or TC and then blow them out of the water once they're eventually selected for TC.

I think in season 12 Kelli said the year before Taryn didn't make it out of semis?

I don't think Kelli Q. ever had a weight issue so it was easy to be like, 'Wow, where'd you come from?! Can't believe we never noticed you before!'

It was probably really easy to get missed in the old prelims -- especially if you had somebody really bad or really good in your group. Yea, they're supposed to look at everyone individually in the group, but when someone catches your attention (from either being really bad or really good), it's easy to overlook the others in that group and miss out on potential. Some of them also may not have been the greatest or froze up on freestyle, so not really a good criteria on what they can do on the field. Hopefully, they'll stay with the video prelims. It might take them longer to get through, but I would think it would probably give them a much better idea of each girl's potential.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

It was probably really easy to get missed in the old prelims -- especially if you had somebody really bad or really good in your group. Yea, they're supposed to look at everyone individually in the group, but when someone catches your attention (from either being really bad or really good), it's easy to overlook the others in that group and miss out on potential. Some of them also may not have been the greatest or froze up on freestyle, so not really a good criteria on what they can do on the field. Hopefully, they'll stay with the video prelims. It might take them longer to get through, but I would think it would probably give them a much better idea of each girl's potential.

I hope they stay with it too, and then bring semis and finals back to in person. It'll save lots of girls the money a trip to Dallas would cost, and also let TPTB see more of each girl's talent.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Possible mystery cut or red herring hmm 

8685ABCC-3D0D-4305-8C3D-03F0433AB4C6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

2021 Rookies

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

That’s it then!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

If you are not from TX, someone would not necessarily know that beach is not in DFW

I know but also could of been a picture for a while ago she decided to add to throw people off 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

2021 Rookies (the numbers indicate the order of cuts)

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

51F5ECFE-F88C-4BC8-9B5F-FB5CB74282A0.png

Do you know this for sure?  I seem to remember you knew someone in the business or one of girls or something.  Or is this based on today’s IG post by Presley?

7 hours ago, kalibean said:

Hannah is so pretty facially I've got to think it was either kicks or figure that kept her out. Ridiculous as it may seem, I think she's got that very small frame and lean build like Jalyn or Amy, where unfortunately a couple days of margarita bloat is going to be visible in the bra/hot pants they try out in.  They're always happy to show on the HD camera who has skin/belly movement, and I feel like it happens to some of the leaner girls more than it does the thicker girls, if that makes sense?  Like Melissa W might have been visually thick without movement, but a normally very lean girl could have a teeny jiggle.  The human body is weird and skin does weird things.  If someone's standard is normally +10-15 (think Vivian) than sometimes just that bit of weight loss is enough to have some loose skin.

Sometimes it tightens up over time, sometimes it doesn't.  hard to say.  Do I think some of their standards are bullshit?  Absolutely.  Just trying to talk through what the misses are.

Also, even though they inflate the numbers, there are still A TON of people who try out.  If they aren't someone well known in the Dallas dance community, it's not terribly unlikely they'd get missed.  I know Charlotte, Judy and Kelli go through and make sure no one gets missed, but it could still happen. 

I also think that Hannah and Kelli are very, very pretty, but their look can go a little harsh if makeup isn't perfect.  So if they tried out in a year that had a ton of Rachel W looks, also a reason they could have been missed.  

I truly think that without a pedigree or recommendation, they make you come back the second year to make you prove you want it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

YAY!  If true, I am SO glad that Madeline made it and will get a decent year performing.  I'm also glad that Tori and Ashlinn are there as well.  Frankly, all the girls who made it deserve to be there so I can't wait to see what happens now.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MadHatter said:

I hope they stay with it too, and then bring semis and finals back to in person. It'll save lots of girls the money a trip to Dallas would cost, and also let TPTB see more of each girl's talent.

I also think if you made it to TC the prior year and got cut you should go directly to finals if you reaudition. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

I mentioned this in a recent post as well. Maybe Christina had always been considering it. I come from the small chest land myself and can relate. But if some one said I had ‘no figure’ on national television, there’s no way it wouldn’t influence my decision. 

That's a good point. To have your boss say something negative about you just to you is bad enough, but to have them say it on a national scale is a whole other ball of wax. Because now, not only do you know your boss thinks your chest is small, but complete strangers (after having that pointed out on TV) are probably thinking it as well. They never showed if Kelli or Judy ever said anything to Christina about her chest size prior to that, but if the 1st time Christina heard feedback about her boobs was from watching that episode, she must have been mortified.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

Hooray for Madeline S!! You go be the best legacy DCC has ever seen!!

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

To have your boss say something negative about you just to you is bad enough, but to have them say it on a national scale is a whole other ball of wax. Because now, not only do you know your boss thinks your chest is small, but complete strangers (after having that pointed out on TV) are probably thinking it as well.

And the weird thing is, there have been a few times Kelli mentioned that there are plenty of A cups on the team upon showing how tying the knot on the blouse correctly can make a difference. I don't know why Christina's size was a problem for her.

• Love 21
20 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And the weird thing is, there have been a few times Kelli mentioned that there are plenty of A cups on the team upon showing how tying the knot on the blouse correctly can make a difference. I don't know why Christina's size was a problem for her.

I took it as referring to everything, not just boobs. Like lack of butt, lack of curves, etc 

Its so weird Christina even made the team that season between that comment + all the ones about her memory, kicks, lack of pop

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I took it as referring to everything, not just boobs. Like lack of butt, lack of curves, etc 

Oh yeah, I didn't think in those terms, that definitely makes sense!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Amber

Ashlinn

Christina

Jensen 

Kaydianna

Kellee

Kleine

Lea

Madeline

Megan

Rebecca

Tori

Tyra

Madeline!!! Tori!!!! YaaaY! 🎉🎉🎉

Congratulations to all these women. So excited to get the cheer season started! 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Rodeo Drive said:

I have arrived.

Lemon Bus and Dr. Manhattan have nothing on me. 

Orrrrrr you're just DrM in disguise  🤣

Can someone please remind me which new Rookies were cut last season?  I really can't remember who is new and who is a prev TCC.  Thank you in advance! 

Edited by onthebubble
cos i can't spell
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, GaveIn said:

Can someone PLEASE get a screenshot or something of this, because I keep looking for her and don't see her at all. There's a girl that looks similar to her, but I know it's not her because the girl I thought was her...her name is Laura Allison.

LauraAllison.jpg

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
Added Laura's Pic
  • Love 1