Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

That video was annoying...all she did was talk, talk. It's apparent to me that Katie was bored and lonely. She wanted to have a baby for something do and some company at home. Sad that she is such a young woman with no life of her own at all. She is still immature and not ready to be a mother, IMO. Travis is an idiot for impregnating her so quickly after graduation. BTW, what did he graduate from...his family's 'college'? What did he prepare to do for a living? Katie needed to do exactly what you here above have suggested; taking some classes, meeting others her own age from the community, etc. I was so annoyed at Kelly's cackling in this video too. Stupid Gil saying "I KNEW it was going to happen"...yes, of course it was going to happen..your daughter is having unprotected sex with her husband...so a baby is a logical result, Gil. Don't they realize that their daughter is woefully unprepared and immature to be married let alone a mother to someone? How could they not see this?

If Katie is having a baby because she is bored and lonely then I truly do feel sorry for her and the baby she’s bringing into this world. I really thought those two would wait awhile a few years a least guess not. Katie does seem really happy though in the video it’s what she’s been told all her life her purpose is, let’s see what her and Travis are like when the baby is here.
Kelly and Gil don’t clearly don’t care if their children are too immature to be parents all the seems to matter to them is to tell everyone how many grand babies they have (similar to the Duggar’s) it’s all about the numbers with these people. 

• Applause 7

I finally watched the video and wow, I don't even know what to say. Maybe I project too much because the Clarks give me so many red flags but that announcement was just weird.

For starters, it's pretty damn obvious Katie is only having a baby because she's bored and desperate for attention. Even Carlin previously said Katie wasn't ready to be a mother, and she isn't exactly a pillar of maturity herself.

I try to cut Travis some slack because I know people raised in abusive environments can struggle with emotional intimacy, but does he even like his wife? He alternated between hugging Katie and subtly pushing her away and when Katie wanted to tell Gil and Kelly, he flat out snapped at her and said "Calm down!." Like, damn bro. I get that it's a lot to absorb, but he comes off like a teenager who wants to have sex in the back of his car and go home to smoke weed and play video games. 

Nobody in the Clark family, aside from Travis' sister (who he genuinely appears to love) acted very excited. Daddy Clark didn't even get off the couch and Katie clearly went in for a hug and ended up with a hand-hold.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Travis isn't happy about the baby, but generational trauma is a very real thing. I think they should've waited until they hit their stride as a couple before bringing a child into the world. 

• Sad 10
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Evan is going to be so jealous. 

Dumb and Dumber will find a way to get one. Can't be one-upped by kid sister's husband. 

Must be nice to be 21 and get everything handed to you. 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Dumb and Dumber will find a way to get one. Can't be one-upped by kid sister's husband. 

Must be nice to be 21 and get everything handed to you. 

He said his old car was a BMW. How many kids just out of school do you know driving Beemers and Teslas? Well, unless your parents are rich and/or famous. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Not sure why autocorrect made teslas possessive
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

He said his old car was a BMW. How many kids just out of school do you know driving Beemers and Teslas? Well, unless your parents are rich and/or famous. 

And with his own house, too. 

All the lying about the source of Travis's money reminds me of the Duggars lying about Smuggar "owning" a car lot (actually Jim Bob's) and a house (actually Grandma Mary's) when he married Ofsmuggar. Everybody, except maybe the dumbest leghumper, knew it wasn't true, but it fit their narrative so they lied anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The really stupid thing about the car is its white interior. They claim that it easy to clean, but why even have that worry with baby puke in their future?

That will always be a woman’s job so no worries.

• Wink 1
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Is it just me, or does Katie look older than 21? 

She has always looked older to me, although I can’t figure out why.

About the Tesla. It seems since Katie brought her car to NJ that it has become the family car. Travis did mention on a Q&A that Katie put her feet up on his dash and he didn’t like it, then made a comment about the condition of her car. Katie denied it and Travis threatened to go and video the inside of Katie’s car. She immediately backed tracked, seemed embarrassed.

I understand neat vs messy issues. But I thought it was shitty of Travis to embarrass his new bride. It would not surprise me if Katie’s car will be the family car, and Trav’s is for Mom and Dad.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, SMama said:

She has always looked older to me, although I can’t figure out why.

About the Tesla. It seems since Katie brought her car to NJ that it has become the family car. Travis did mention on a Q&A that Katie put her feet up on his dash and he didn’t like it, then made a comment about the condition of her car. Katie denied it and Travis threatened to go and video the inside of Katie’s car. She immediately backed tracked, seemed embarrassed.

I understand neat vs messy issues. But I thought it was shitty of Travis to embarrass his new bride. It would not surprise me if Katie’s car will be the family car, and Trav’s is for Mom and Dad.

Nah, they talked about how the Tesla could fit 3 car seats in the back. Is Katie even driving yet? She said she didn't feel comfortable driving a few months ago. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in driving a Tesla.  They accelerate much faster than gas vehicles.  If Katie is already uncomfortable driving she probably won’t be getting behind the wheel any time soon.

The cheapest Tesla goes for about 50K these days.  I don’t think that is in Carlin and Evan’s price range. And no job means no loan I would imagine.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

There is a bit of a learning curve involved in driving a Tesla.  They accelerate much faster than gas vehicles.  If Katie is already uncomfortable driving she probably won’t be getting behind the wheel any time soon.

The cheapest Tesla goes for about 50K these days.  I don’t think that is in Carlin and Evan’s price range. And no job means no loan I would imagine.

He claims it is a used base model, but, still, even used Teslas run around 50 grand.  These two must have a money tree in the back yard.

And I thought they were ridiculously wasteful for paying 90 bucks for Sneak Peek.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Probably going to cost a lot more to install a freestanding hardwired charging unit if the driveway is away from the house.  Do they have a detached garage?  Or maybe they will just take it to charging stations. The drawback there is that they will have to wait around 20 minutes for a full charge, and it will probably cost more.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AstridM said:

A new vehicle might not be so easy to purchase since Evan quit his job.

lol job, schmob!

I think a lot of people think they want a Tesla, but when they get it, they realize they overestimated how much they would like it.  I’ve known two people who sold theirs within two years after the novelty wears off.  We’ll see what these two do.  

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Totally said:

😮

That seems spendy for a couple of baby newlyweds with a baby on the way. 
Honestly, I don’t understand how they afford their lifestyle 

Mommy and Daddy Clark pay for it. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Probably going to cost a lot more to install a freestanding hardwired charging unit if the driveway is away from the house.  Do they have a detached garage?  Or maybe they will just take it to charging stations. The drawback there is that they will have to wait around 20 minutes for a full charge, and it will probably cost more.

I haven't seen a garage at all. Their vehicles were parked outside.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I have no desire for a Tesla, of course I also live in a condo without a garage or anyway to charge one. The closest charging station to me is at a nearby Target and that would get really expensive (not paying for the charge, but spending my time in Target waiting for it to charge).
I'm sure Evan will think he deserves a Tesla now that he is working for BSB. After all he did graduate from the electrician program so it would be the perfect gift. 
Back on topic, Katie has always looked older than Travis.  I realize his parents are paying their way with the house and car, and these kids have no idea how people that are their age are living their lives. Certainly no cars and houses paid for by their parents and no babies on the way for the most part. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

My son-in-law got a Tesla a couple of years ago and he loves it.  He is very into all things tech, so it's right up his alley.  He also has a fair commute to work so he is saving a lot of money on gas.  Plus he gets all kinds of tax rebates.  But he and my daughter have real careers, not some vague "work from home" gig.

Another thing Travis may not have considered: Winter.  EVs draw considerably more power in cold temperatures, and he will have to charge more often.  My daughter and her husband live in the PNW, so that really is not a concern for them. But New Jersey does get winter and he may be in for a rude awakening, especially if they don't install a charger at home.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I haven't seen a garage at all. Their vehicles were parked outside.

I don’t think they have a garage either. Just a u-shaped driveway in front of their house. I think they might have room on the left side of their house to build a garage or large shed but that would expensive too. 

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Useful 2

Go to Amazon and search "The Clark Family." They have a pretty good output. As Travis is a member of the group it is reasonable to conclude that he is getting a share of the income from the family's musical endeavors.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Apparently Katie found out “accidentally” the baby’s gender. So they made a video about it, of course. And KJ posts she is going to make them tell her before the big hoopla gender reveal, which is in a week or so. It’s pretty ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
22 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Apparently Katie found out “accidentally” the baby’s gender. So they made a video about it, of course. And KJ posts she is going to make them tell her before the big hoopla gender reveal, which is in a week or so. It’s pretty ridiculous.

My guess is the fetus has a holy penis, based on their reactions. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

My guess is the fetus has a holy penis, based on their reactions. 

Travis in an earlier video said he thought a boy was better as oldest child so it could be the leader of the kids. Katie reminded him his sister was the oldest in his family. He tried to back pedal, but it seemed like he really wanted a boy. Based on his reaction, I think it’s a boy too.

• Sad 3
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Travis in an earlier video said he thought a boy was better as oldest child so it could be the leader of the kids. Katie reminded him his sister was the oldest in his family. He tried to back pedal, but it seemed like he really wanted a boy. Based on his reaction, I think it’s a boy too.

That's so gross.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Travis in an earlier video said he thought a boy was better as oldest child so it could be the leader of the kids. 

Lulz, the Duggars' oldest kid was a boy. Look how well that turned out.....

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 15
  • Love 4