Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Ha Ha! I guess I've been slacking off on doing my HW homework.

Too busy with your photoshopping duties, so you're excused.

https://www.yahoo.com/homes/blogs/spaces/real-housewife-giudice-s-mansion-is-in-pre-foreclosure--getaway-fails-to-sell-at--100-023542784.html

LotusFlower you are right! Zero bids, and it started at $100.

Most interesting part to me is they purchased it at $347,000 and currently owe $348,000.

10 years of payments and they truly flushed their money away!

Thanks for the link. I was too rushed yesterday to find and post one. As the article said (I think), the buyer would have had to assume the mortgage debt on top of the bid amount, so it's really no surprise it didn't sell. Now the bank has to eat the cost. That's the joy of doing business with the Giudices.

• Love 1

I think 14 is fine for babysitting and keeping an eye on siblingings for a time. I just hope she's not forced into a surrogate mother position. Some parents assume the eldest is the second mom, especially in large families.

• Love 7

Both of their houses are hideous. Zero curb appeal. Tacky inside and out. It would be a challenge but the canal house is small enough that a complete redo wouldn't be outrageously expensive. (The roof line and window placement pains me, though.) But the mansion? Is SO big and SO ugly, it either needs a buyer who loves the location and will put in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix it or somebody with the same taste as the Juicys.

• Love 3

Both of their houses are hideous. Zero curb appeal. Tacky inside and out. It would be a challenge but the canal house is small enough that a complete redo wouldn't be outrageously expensive. (The roof line and window placement pains me, though.) But the mansion? Is SO big and SO ugly, it either needs a buyer who loves the location and will put in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix it or somebody with the same taste as the Juicys.

Isn't the Giudice home on a landfill site backing up to the freeway?  I personally never understood how the outside architecture reflects the interior design.  TO me their mansion looked like a house they just kept adding on to.  Huge cavernous impractical rooms.

• Love 3

I don't feel a bit sorry for the little weasel. He's been in this country long enough that if he really have a shit, he'd have become a citizen a long time ago.

I love how the article says "No way is Joe going back without...." like he has a choice.

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't tried to run to Italy to avoid prison.

When Teresa gets out, does Joe immediately go in? Like the same day or will it be a while after she gets out?

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 4

I think if Teresa gets home release for the remainder of her 15 month sentence, Joe stays out until her sentence is done, so they could both be home together for a few months before he goes in.

Home together in their fraudulently purchased mansion where they stopped making mortgage payments in 2014 and still get to live.

My conspiracy theory is still that he never became a citizen to avoid paying taxes. Legally he still owed taxes on income earned, but in his mind it was easier to avoid or stay off the radar if he wasn't a citizen.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 4

If Teresa is under home arrest she is still serving her sentence and unable to leave her grounds. I don't remember, but I think Joe goes in after her sentence is served. So there is an overlap of time both Teresa and Joe will be with the children if her attorney is correct about her sentence.

It appears BRAVO will be funding their debt. With the three episode series and RHONJ which would be a substantial pay check.

She may not be the old Teresa we knew. Prison has got to have made an impression on her to keep to the straight and narrow with her future business and personal endeavours. Looking forward to seeing how she changes her interaction with others and begins to amass a new fortune to help secure her families future. Will she follow Martha Stewart's example?!?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2015/06/19/martha-stewart-preps-sale-of-empire-once-worth-2-billion/

JUN 19, 2015 @ 03:31 PM 17,872 VIEWS

Martha Stewart Preps Sale Of Empire Once Worth $2 Billion

Forbes Staff

Clare O'Connor

The consumer economy: retail, and the people reinventing it.

050303_martha_business_vmed1030p.grid-4x

Stephan Savoia / AP

Martha Stewart was behind bars when she became a billionaire for the second time.

The icon of domesticity made the Forbes rich list in 2005, during her infamous five-month jail term for obstruction of justice related to insider trading.

At the time, shares in Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia soared 90%, boosting her fortune back to $1 billion. (She’d first hit that mark in 2000, after taking her company public a year earlier. She fell off the list again in 2001.)

Soon after her release that September, the company’s stock dropped 40%. By 2007, Forbes estimated her net worth at $550 million — still staggering when one considers Stewart built her media and licensing empire from scratch based on the perceived quality of her meringues and marinades.

Now, a decade since her most recent stint on the Forbes 400, Stewart is said to be selling the company that once (well, twice) made her a billion-dollar woman.

The Wall Street Journal reports that Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia is poised to sell itself to Sequential Brands Group, the company that recently bought pop singer Jessica Simpson’s billion-dollar fashion brand.

News of a possible sale saw the group’s stock jump late this week, but its current market capitalization of around $390 million is nowhere near its $2 billion post-IPO value in the heady dot com days of 1999.

Edited by talula

snipped...

She may not be the old Teresa we knew. Prison has got to have made an impression on her to keep to the straight and narrow with her future business and personal endeavours. Looking forward to seeing how she changes her interaction with others and begins to amass a new fortune to help secure her families future. Will she follow Martha Stewart's example?!?

...snipped

I am not able to give her the benefit of that doubt. I think she will remain oblivious. She will remain a victim.

Seems to me that Martha had some real drive and talent.

Theresa? I am not seeing it. She's more of a, Watch me pimp my family, kind of gal.

• Love 6

https://www.yahoo.com/homes/blogs/spaces/real-housewife-giudice-s-mansion-is-in-pre-foreclosure--getaway-fails-to-sell-at--100-023542784.html

LotusFlower you are right! Zero bids, and it started at $100.

Most interesting part to me is they purchased it at $347,000 and currently owe $348,000.

10 years of payments and they truly flushed their money away!

Why does everybody keep calling this a beach house?  All I can see is that murky canal.  Is the beach down the street or something? What town is it in?  Because if you can't sell a beach house down the Jersey shore for a HUNDRED dollars, it's a certified, notarized piece of shit.   The sloped roof, the bald lawn, the dining room in the foyer, hideous all of it.  I hadn't realized everything in the mansion is brown or beige or taupe.  Wow.  It really does look like a funeral home.  What happened to the chickens? 

So do they get to keep the house while Joe's "away"?

• Love 2

Why does everybody keep calling this a beach house? All I can see is that murky canal. Is the beach down the street or something? What town is it in? Because if you can't sell a beach house down the Jersey shore for a HUNDRED dollars, it's a certified, notarized piece of shit. The sloped roof, the bald lawn, the dining room in the foyer, hideous all of it. I hadn't realized everything in the mansion is brown or beige or taupe. Wow. It really does look like a funeral home. What happened to the chickens?

So do they get to keep the house while Joe's "away"?

It's a pretty nice house, or at least what was aired on the show, but the $100 bid included taking over the current mortgage obligation, $348k. Would have had bids if the property was worth more, say $500k, but since the property wasn't worth even $348k, no one bid.

• Love 1

OK - so I definitely have too much time on my hands today….I just found this tidbit on TMZ (after checking out Kim Zolciak's mini stroke)….

Teresa Giudice has made it clear ... one thing she DEFINITELY misses about life outside metal bars is hot steamy lovin'.
We're told during an upcoming Bravo special about Teresa's time in jail, viewers will be treated to phone conversations between Teresa and Joe. The camera is on Joe ... you only hear Teresa from the jail phone.

During one conversation, Teresa pleads for a little phone sex. Joe laughs it off ... probably because a camera is trained on his mug.
Teresa talks about creating a fantasy life behind bars. Somehow she was able to watch "Magic Mike" and says she pictured Joe's face on Channing Tatum's body as he grinded away. Picture that.

As for a little 'OITNB' action ... nada. Teresa says she's had no romantic interaction with female inmates, but she hears plenty of it. 

The special airs October 11.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3mkfr2uwe

Gross….

• Love 1

So.....I haven't been keeping up on Teresa since she went to prison. Is Bravo planning to bring her back into the fold when she's released? I'm going to assume they are, since they have no problem treating criminals like stars. Of course it doesn't help that there are people who actually look up to scum like Teresa, Joe, and all the other celebrities who break the law and have no shame. Its a sad commentary when young people have so few athletes, entertainers, etc. to look up to because so many of them are in the news for their bad behavior. 

• Love 1

During one conversation, Teresa pleads for a little phone sex. Joe laughs it off ... probably because a camera is trained on his mug.

Teresa talks about creating a fantasy life behind bars. Somehow she was able to watch "Magic Mike" and says she pictured Joe's face on Channing Tatum's body as he grinded away. Picture that.

Just...UGH! Images I don't need like the sex in the vineyard episode.

I've seen some promos for the show - Joe is all serious and teary eyed, Melissa Gorga has a talking head where she is all teary eyed, Joe Gorga does a voice over to what I think must be  a scene of him driving to visit Teresa at the prison. And a phone call to the family from Teresa - not the one mentioned above.

I'm thinking the timing of the whole thing is so that Bravo can test the waters. Teresa gets out in a few months, and Joe will go "away" - if the special does well, I'm guessing we'll see a Teresa spinoff.  There would be places for the Gorgas, and the Wakiles and Dina if she's interested. The Manzos already have their show which features Jac from time to time. No one really cares about the twins or Marcheses, so I think RHONJ will just die on the vine.

• Love 2

I'm thinking the timing of the whole thing is so that Bravo can test the waters. Teresa gets out in a few months, and Joe will go "away" - if the special does well, I'm guessing we'll see a Teresa spinoff.  There would be places for the Gorgas, and the Wakiles and Dina if she's interested. The Manzos already have their show which features Jac from time to time. No one really cares about the twins or Marcheses, so I think RHONJ will just die on the vine.

I think this is true.

A Bravo spin-off is in Tre's future.  She'll exploit the girls and probably write another book. 

I know some of you don't like when others speculate about the state of the HWs marriages but...I don't see Tre staying with Joe.  She'll move on and then we'll get yet another spinoff like Bethenny got. 

• Love 2

A Bravo spin-off is in Tre's future.  She'll exploit the girls and probably write another book.

And if the dull as dishwater Manzos can last for 2 seasons (so far), I gotta think a Teresa spin off will do just fine. 

(And I don't see her staying with him either. I've always thought that in her mind, the entire financial case was Joe's doing and she was just caught up in it. I think she blames him for the whole mess).

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 2

I agree they may be testing the waters and that a Tre spin-off will get quadruple the ratings of Manzod, easily. Maybe even higher than RHONJ Season 6.

I don't think she'll divorce Joe, though. She's too stubborn. But he might divorce her. She SHOULD divorce him, IMHO.

• Love 1

Teresa Giudice has made it clear ... one thing she DEFINITELY misses about life outside metal bars is hot steamy lovin'.

We're told during an upcoming Bravo special about Teresa's time in jail, viewers will be treated to phone conversations between Teresa and Joe. The camera is on Joe ... you only hear Teresa from the jail phone.

There is not enough bleach for my brain, eyes or ears to allow me to watch or listen to this.

• Love 4

Aack! I noticed today that my TiVo is scheduled to record Juicy's spinoff. Whether I was going to tune in of my own volition or not (more likely), those stealthy Bravo execs have billed the Theresa Checks In 'special' as a subsidiary of RHONJ giving me almost no choice in the matter. I don't think there is any question as to whether or not she will be returning now. There is no depths Bravo will not sink to for a potential ratings bonanza.

Why does everybody keep calling this a beach house? All I can see is that murky canal. Is the beach down the street or something? What town is it in? Because if you can't sell a beach house down the Jersey shore for a HUNDRED dollars, it's a certified, notarized piece of shit. The sloped roof, the bald lawn, the dining room in the foyer, hideous all of it. I hadn't realized everything in the mansion is brown or beige or taupe. Wow. It really does look like a funeral home. What happened to the chickens?

Whether or not it's a piece of shit, I don't know, but that home is in a perfectly nice neighborhood (my grandma lives about two minutes from there--or lived, past tense; Grandma's alive and kicking but the house was razed after 18 feet of water, courtesy of Hurricane Sandy, wrecked everything). And that is not a canal, it's a lagoon; each inlet (not sure if that's the right word) backs up each street (mostly cul-de-sacs) in the area so that the rear of each house is waterside. The bay is about 5-10 minutes out from there by boat. Lots of houses in that area looked similar, at least in size, before a whole bunch of huge 3-floor homes with wraparound decks were built. The "lawns" are not "bald," they're sand. Many people have pebbles over the sand, sometimes some grass on top (not really sure how that works--maybe a landscaper lays it down?). Not sure why a DR is in a foyer, but many of these homes aren't lived in year-round so I assume people didn't need every amenity of their winter houses. Also, it's tough to sell lots of homes in that town, and many others, after Sandy ravaged the entire area. So, yes, while it's not on a beach in the standard sense of the word "beach," it is most definitely a shore home in a desirable area..."murky canal" and all. (Various "typical" beaches are about 10-15 minutes away by car.)

It would be a challenge but the canal house is small enough that a complete redo wouldn't be outrageously expensive.

It might be; I think there's something or another that dictates that houses in certain Jersey Shore zones have to be raised in order to avoid crazy flood-insurance rates. It would have cost my family over $50,000 to do that to my grandma's small home, after replacing everything in it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

That was my post Tattle.  No disrespect meant to your Gran or her former neighborhood.  My question was about the specific reference to the house.  Wherever I've seen it described, they don't call it the shore house or summer house, they call it the beach house, when, canal, lagoon, inlet, river, creek or stream lol it's clearly not on the beach.  I couldn't (and didn't) comment on the rest of the neighborhood, because as I mentioned, I don't know what town that was.  Taxnerd cleared up for me why that's not even the house's biggest issue though.

• Love 3

After all these years, Teresa finally gets her spin-off, and she had to go to prison to get it. Hilarious.

Is she still lying to her younger kids, telling them she's away working?

• Love 3

I don't know whether I find this whole 'spinoff' thing totally laughable or disgusting to the point of being violently puke-able...whatever it is, as long as the Guidice name, with all its myriad creditor-dodging variations, is associated with it, I will not be watching. I just can not support anything that allows these thieving grifters to make even more money, to stiff/avoid/blow off even more debt, to make a total and complete mockery of everyone and everything who/that are honest....all I know is that there is no way these two felons and their spoiled brats will get even one more second of my viewing time....I was kinda hoping to be able to watch a new and revamped RHNJ, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

• Love 8

That was my post Tattle.  No disrespect meant to your Gran or her former neighborhood.  My question was about the specific reference to the house.  Wherever I've seen it described, they don't call it the shore house or summer house, they call it the beach house, when, canal, lagoon, inlet, river, creek or stream lol it's clearly not on the beach.  I couldn't (and didn't) comment on the rest of the neighborhood, because as I mentioned, I don't know what town that was.  Taxnerd cleared up for me why that's not even the house's biggest issue though.

Oh, no offense taken here; I was trying to write the post informatively yet succinctly (and without veering off into gin & tonic-fueled summer memories -- oh, the smell of boat gas and suntan lotion and salty air...) but maybe it came out sounding short and snippy. The town is Manahawkin, though it also goes by Beach Haven...and I just now realized that I'm not sure why, or which--if either--is technically correct. And, if it helps, I actually don't recall anyone in my family referring to it as a beach house either. Either way, it's a nice town, though, unlike Seaside Heights, there is not much to do away from one's house without getting in the car.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

I don't know whether I find this whole 'spinoff' thing totally laughable or disgusting to the point of being violently puke-able...whatever it is, as long as the Guidice name, with all its myriad creditor-dodging variations, is associated with it, I will not be watching. I just can not support anything that allows these thieving grifters to make even more money, to stiff/avoid/blow off even more debt, to make a total and complete mockery of everyone and everything who/that are honest....all I know is that there is no way these two felons and their spoiled brats will get even one more second of my viewing time....I was kinda hoping to be able to watch a new and revamped RHNJ, but I guess that's not gonna happen.

DITTO!! Puke

• Love 2

"... Listen, anybody does anything for money, so, if they feel they can make a couple bucks selling a story, they’re gonna make it. They’re gonna say whatever they wanna say.”

{QUOTE by: 'Juicy' Joe Giudice--in reference to SOMEONE ELSE about whom Joe felt lightly 'set up' and used.}

Amazing.

Joe is promoting Theresa's faux innocence so that she will be more attractive for television production.

It's ridiculous.

Did not Theresa say on several occasions that she was a a smart businesswoman? So,...

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 4

From the article: Teresa is slated to be released from prison on Dec. 23, 2015, just in time for Christmas.

Um...that pisses me off.  Do other criminals get to be sent up river and released around holiday schedules?  Do they get staggered sentences "for the children's sake?"

I'm really starting to believe there's no justice here, and I'm angry at my parents for teaching me that fraud was wrong when, apparently, it's not so bad...

• Love 7

From the article: Teresa is slated to be released from prison on Dec. 23, 2015, just in time for Christmas.

Um...that pisses me off. Do other criminals get to be sent up river and released around holiday schedules? Do they get staggered sentences "for the children's sake?"

I'm really starting to believe there's no justice here, and I'm angry at my parents for teaching me that fraud was wrong when, apparently, it's not so bad...

It infuriates and disgusts me, also.

Gee, in the Giudice situation it really is Wham, Bam, Thank You Uncle Sam.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 6

I'm trying not to hold Gia's delusions about their innocence against her, or the remark quoted in U.S. Weekly that "Anything can happen to any family."

Her parents are crooks. I may be a mean person, but I wish the kids would understand that--it's a lesson in morality. But,yes, thanks to Bravo it's just a lesson in how you can make even more money from cheating the system. I admit I'm a little curious, but I will NOT watch these grifters --also liars-- ever again.

• Love 5

Gia understands that her parents committed illegal actions. She's a smart girl. She may not know the breadth, depth, and intricacies of the parents' schemes, but she realizes that they committed these acts. Gia is not a YOUNG child or a little girl. She is bright middling-age teenager.

She is acting. She has always been a decent 'actress'. She is using her skills to help her family--sway public opinion and get well paying tv gigs. She is accustomed to a certain level of monetary based living and public attention.

And,

Just like any child, she is accustomed to the financial and other manner of living that her parents provided.

Just like any child, she does not want her world torn asunder.

Now, before I get pummeled and pilloried, I AM. NOT. BLAMING. GIA.

Obviously, I realize that None of THIS is her fault. She is NOT an adult. And, She loves her family.

* so, please do not intimate or, in any manner indicate that I am holding a teenager responsible for any of her adult parents' actions. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT.

• Love 7

From the article: Teresa is slated to be released from prison on Dec. 23, 2015, just in time for Christmas.

Um...that pisses me off. Do other criminals get to be sent up river and released around holiday schedules? Do they get staggered sentences "for the children's sake?"

Not to defend a criminal, but Teresa and Christmas have nothing to do with her release date. It's all calculated based on when she went in and how long her sentence is. I highly doubt the bureau of prisons is sitting around a desk figuring "well it is christmas, lets let her out in time to buy a few gifts".

If she were Muslim or Jewish, Dec 23rd would just be another day for her.

• Love 9

Not to defend a criminal, but Teresa and Christmas have nothing to do with her release date. It's all calculated based on when she went in and how long her sentence is. I highly doubt the bureau of prisons is sitting around a desk figuring "well it is christmas, lets let her out in time to buy a few gifts".

If she were Muslim or Jewish, Dec 23rd would just be another day for her.

I thought she was initially slated for "early release" in February of next year.  No holidays for her in that case, she'd have been locked up still.  http://www.people.com/article/teresa-giudice-early-release-date

Which to me suggests a convenient family-friendly adjustment to a pre-Christmas date.  I'm blinded by rage, though, so I'm likely off-base.  I'm also a natural conspiracy theorist and have trouble believing 12/23 was random.  Unless maybe it's their last working day of the year or something (in which case...I'm back to point 1, which is that she was supposed to have been out in February anyway).

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 5

I thought she was initially slated for "early release" in February of next year.  No holidays for her in that case, she'd have been locked up still.  http://www.people.com/article/teresa-giudice-early-release-date

Which to me suggests a convenient family-friendly adjustment to a pre-Christmas date.  I'm blinded by rage, though, so I'm likely off-base.  I'm also a natural conspiracy theorist and have trouble believing 12/23 was random.  Unless maybe it's their last working day of the year or something (in which case...I'm back to point 1, which is that she was supposed to have been out in February anyway).

I'm with you in thinking this was adjusted with family in mind at Christmas. But I hope we're wrong as the injustice of that would infuriate me, especially considering Teresa's too-light sentence already and that, unlike other convicted felons, she has a lucrative job waiting for her when she gets out of prison (probably for doing much worse crime--repeatedly--than many of her prison colleagues).

As for Gia, I think she's bright, but just as delusional, from what I've seen and heard, as her parents. I'm sure its hard to accept that your parents--both of them--are common crooks, esp. when they've spent a lifetime telling you how amazing they are.  But there's so much arrogance in that family that it's hard for me to sympathize with any of them (I personally think the kids would be better off if -both- Tre and Joe had been locked up and they'd gone to live with Kathy, if she was willing, as she seems).

• Love 5

I don't think its a coincidence that Tre's just just happening to get released the day before Christmas.  I think its by design.  You know, because she's just an innocent mom and all - signing her name to all those big, confusing documents put before her.  She just signs!  and Teresa just can't believe what's happened to her!  Yeah, um, I'm not buying it.

• Love 4

It's still only from her camp that she is being released on that date. My quick googling found this:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3624

which states that a prisoner can earn up to 54 days off after a year. That would put her out at around Dec 23rd, but it seems to me like she still needs to serve a full 365 days first to earn the credit. I said last year I didn't get why she waited so long to go in, I would have gone in right after sentencing in order to be released before Christmas 2015.

If she is setting her kids up for false hope that she will be home for Christmas, that is really cruel.

• Love 1

I personally think the kids would be better off if -both- Tre and Joe had been locked up and they'd gone to live with Kathy, if she was willing, as she seems.

I don't think the kids would necessarily be better off with Kathy. They may be better with some parent at home, plus I think Teresa's parents live in the home.

HOWEVER, I think it is disgusting they still live in the house. They are sleeping in a house that was bought with fraudulent funds that sent their Mom to jail, I really don't get why they would even want to stay.

The mortgage is $50k a month, so either they are paying it, when that money should be spent elsewhere, or they really aren't paying it and are in foreclosure, so to me they shouldn't be allowed to live there.

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 4

Teresa's release date has nothing to do with Christmas. The pre-Christmas storytelling was all done by her lawyer/PR mouthpiece, who's very job was to get Teresa back on TV, back in the press, and put a rosy spin on everything. Once he did the math and saw a possibility that Teresa could leave Danbury and finish her sentence at either a halfway house or home confinement, he threw the word Christmas out there, again, to give the story a warm and happy ending. Back home for the holidays. Back home with her family. As if nothing even happened.

Teresa received a 15 month sentence, and started her stint in the pokey in January. She is slated for early release on Feb. 3 of next year, with time off for good behavior factored into the equation. She is also eligible for even more time shaved off the sentence through the community corrections program, otherwise known as probation. It's either 10 or 15% of the length of your sentence, which is why a December date is possible. It's not clear whether she'll get assigned to a halfway house or home confinement, but that's a small detail her hack PR guy doesn't want you to know. He only wants you to think that she'll be back at home, in time for Christmas, with all of this behind her. In reality, her best case scenario is indeed getting to go home via home confinement, but with ankle bracelet monitoring, a curfew, and many restrictions. Plus, she'll still be on probation for two years. And that's best case scenario.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 4