Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Nice Animals

• Start Topic

Cassie, Jenny, Jerrie and Lindor work to get things back on track when the motel is reduced to rubble and both the Kleinsasser and Ronald cases not doing much better. At the ranch, Cheyenne seizes an opportunity to shift the family power dynamic in her favor and all it will take is the truth on “Big Sky”.

158707_0693.jpg

158921_0972.jpg

Original Airdate: May 4     Tuesdays at 10pm ET       ABC 

(edited)

Rand's reasons for not wanting to go to jail are as followed:

1.  They make you eat beans

2.  They make you eat meatloaf

3.  You get stabbed in the showers.

I mean, you can't really argue with that logic, right?  And who hasn't had dreams of wanting to build your own maze on your farm land, where you can create elaborate traps to scare everyone?  I guess what I'm saying is that looking past all of the murdering, drug making, and general creepy behavior, is Rand the most relatable out of the Kleinsasser clan?

It was nice at least to see Margaret show some form of a backbone and Michelle Forbes bring back some of that intensity that she hasn't gotten to show yet on here.  I wonder if her promise to kill Horst will end up holding true?  Then again, I suspect this is going to end with all of the Kleinsassers going down somehow.

Seriously, so not only did Ronald apparently just escape through the front door, he managed to do so while not just dragging/carrying a body, but even at time to put a doll on Mark/Cassie's car to taunt them.  Did all of that cereal he was angrily eating last season give him actual superpowers?!

Scarlett/Ronald's girlfriend was back to being kind of normal this episode (and not even knowing she was sitting over her sister's dead body!  That was leaking onto the floor!), but I guess we'll see if anything goes down now that her daughter has discovered Ronald burying the body.

Jenny really did seem almost perfectly fine after almost getting flatten by a truck and having a building collapse on her.  Blake could have used some of that armor last week!

Despite Mark's warning, I certainly hope Jerrie dives more into the P.I. game if that means she'll stick around next season.

Only two episodes left, huh?  With so much going on, I have to think some if it will be saved for next season.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10
20 minutes ago, mertensia said:

The Kleinsasser story is not very compelling.

Yeah, the macabre humor of last season's Ronald story is mostly missing. 

Not sure what to make of Ma Kleinsasse- I get that she's coming to the edge of snapping, but strangling John Wayne during the graveside ceremony? The statement about Paris? Hanging that goofy artwork? Telling Pa she's going to kill him instead of just killing him? And why is Cheyenne so keen on taking over this dubious enterprise, when she tells Pa that when he's gone the place won't be worth a cup of cold spit?

I also didn't really understand the big secret about them ?dumping fracking waste onto their land? (if that's what they were saying)  Along with killing migrant workers and dissolving them in barrels? Why would Jenny be taking 'soil samples'- it's not as if the Kleinsasses could clean it up and hide the evidence. And it's not as if Montana is the far side of the moon; a constant stream of dump trucks from fracking sites to Kleinsasse Estates would certainly be noticed.

Oh, well, maybe the rest of the Ronald story will go somewhere interesting.

• Love 5

This show has gone from a campy Twin Peaks vibe to a rip-off Yellowstone vibe and the stories don’t mesh. Still waiting for Ronald to be caught and don’t care as much for the Kleinsassers who never talk like they are real people.

• Love 1

I feel like I missed something. When Cassie and Jenny went to check out the toxic waste dump, why weren't they more shocked to see human remains in the one barrel? 

The Kleinsassers are one crazy family. It's odd that Cheyenne is making plays left and right to take over things, when she doesn't even know what is going on!

Again, the two boys have to HAND DIG another grave when there they sit on a big ranch that has to have tractors and backhoes and skid loaders and other mechanized bucket machines. I guess they also haul big 1,000-pound bales of hay to the cattle in winter (they do have winters in Montana) one at a time, by hand. Alrighty then.

Plus they have a big funeral with guests and a meal afterward ... in the middle of the freaking NIGHT. WTH show.

Why did Ronald bring his lady and her daughter along so he could bury sis in the woods? Made no sense. Unless he figures to kill them too. But with his extra-special murder skillz, being able to slash someone to death, clean up every inch of blood and shrink wrap the bodies, he could have done that in between bowls of cereal at home.

Where has his semi truck been all these episodes.

I don't know about you guys, but I would def wake up if I were sleeping in a semi cab and the guy next to me got up, hauled a dead body out from under the seat, plus opened/closed the cab door. Or were girlfriend and daughter sleeping in that tent? I couldn't tell. Still, even if I were in the tent, all that would have made me wake up.

Why Cheyenne isn't "disappeared" staggers my mind. And Mom is just now talking back to her husband, some what, 30 years after Dad treated her like crap after Cheyenne was born? Alrighty then.

I'm not sure how fracking waste in barrels ties in with dumping fracking waste in water ... that would be going somewhere and get discovered. But the dissolving-body-pools are well known in that area since our fly fisherman got dumped in one last season. And isn't fracking connected to oil/gas? Are there oil wells on the ranch? If there are, why is the ranch in such financial trouble.

Still, I like this show. It's all kinds of crazy whack, which I like. I don't know why the ranch is in such financial peril though. Of course, I don't remember seeing any cattle/cow/calf operation, or hay fields, or wheat fields, or lumber cutting, or any livestock except a couple horses in stalls in the barn. So yeah, owning hundreds/thousands of acres of ranch land and producing nothing, that would be a financial problem.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

And isn't fracking connected to oil/gas? Are there oil wells on the ranch? If there are, why is the ranch in such financial trouble.

Gas. Natural gas can be extracted (laboriously) from shale rock. The idea is that the shale fields are near the ranch, and (I guess) the mining company doesn't want to pay to dispose of the waste legally (I guess), so the Kleinsasses stepped in to make a buck.  But yeah, the whole 'how does the ranch survive' question is being really glossed over for the sake of the plot.  At least last season's 'Ronald kills everybody to cover up the human trafficking' plot had a tenuous connection to reason.

52 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

He just bought (with what?) the rig last episode.

53 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Still, I like this show. It's all kinds of crazy whack, which I like

Oh, me too. It's miles ahead of anything else on the major networks.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Again, the two boys have to HAND DIG another grave when there they sit on a big ranch that has to have tractors and backhoes and skid loaders and other mechanized bucket machines. I guess they also haul big 1,000-pound bales of hay to the cattle in winter (they do have winters in Montana) one at a time, by hand. Alrighty then.

Pretty sure that was intended to be punishment. Horst (or whatever his name is) specifically told them to dig it "by hand".

56 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I think he just bought this one. There was a scene an episode or two ago where he was talking to a guy selling one.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, redpencil said:

I think he just bought this one. There was a scene an episode or two ago where he was talking to a guy selling one.

Thanks. I really need to pay more attention.

42 minutes ago, redpencil said:

Pretty sure that was intended to be punishment. Horst (or whatever his name is) specifically told them to dig it "by hand".

Yeah, I'm surprised he let them have shovels.  But like all grave-diggers on tv, they were able to craft a perfectly angled, 6-foot hole, and get themselves out when they were done.  Meanwhile I can't even dig a hole sufficient to plant a small sapling.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

The Kleinsassers really are all kinds of crazy, like a trashy murderous soap opera. I think the point where this episode really hit its crazy peak was the whole "Your a crappy cow who keeps giving me crappy calves and I'm gonna slaughter you." "Thank you for your honesty, I'm going to kill you." *Kiss* exchange. That was seriously wild stuff, although these two really do need to reevaluate their parenting skills. The most normal of the kids just got murdered by one of the others ones. 

Jenny sure was fine after being run over by a truck, while the other girl was killed right away. Too bad she wasn't standing just a inch or two away, or she would have walked away with only a few bruises too. 

I would totally watch a spin-off show about Jerrie the PI. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Why did Ronald bring his lady and her daughter along so he could bury sis in the woods? Made no sense.

I thought he brought them along because he wanted to get them out of town since he knew that the authorities and/or Cassie & Co would be contacting her about the sister's disappearance/death. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Meanwhile I can't even dig a hole sufficient to plant a small sapling.

LOL. No kidding. Grave digging by hand goes on in all tv dramas and every one of those characters can dig straight down with perfect 90-degree-angle corners.

1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Yeah, I'm surprised he let them have shovels. 

That would have been hilarious if the two boys decided to duke it out with shovels.

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

He just bought (with what?) the rig last episode.

Maybe Mom set up an off-shore account for Ronald so he would have plenty of cash in case she died. Not that Ronald ever gave her any indication EVER that her time was short.

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Jenny sure was fine after being run over by a truck, while the other girl was killed right away. Too bad she wasn't standing just a inch or two away, or she would have walked away with only a few bruises too. 

I would totally watch a spin-off show about Jerrie the PI. 

That scene did not make sense to me. Jenny grabbed the secretary (or what ever she is) and dove for cover with her. Jenny lives and the other girl dies?

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

That scene did not make sense to me. Jenny grabbed the secretary (or what ever she is) and dove for cover with her. Jenny lives and the other girl dies?

My interpretation is it was all luck in which of them got a worse blow to the head. Angela (I think that's her name?) looked like she had fallen against a piece of cinderblock or something else just right (or wrong) and it killed her, while Jenny had a better outcome.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I wish I could comment on what happened but the whole opening of the show was so dark I could barely tell who was on screen, let alone what was happening. The end was the same.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Yeah, I'm surprised he let them have shovels.  But like all grave-diggers on tv, they were able to craft a perfectly angled, 6-foot hole, and get themselves out when they were done.  Meanwhile I can't even dig a hole sufficient to plant a small sapling.

Maybe you would have better luck if you tried digging a grave instead?

• LOL 12

I am pretty sure a pool of blood as large as the one under Scarlett's seat would smell something fierce. And if liquid can escape, gas can escape too. The inside of that cab would have smelled absolutely awful but somehow no one noticed.

6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The Kleinsassers really are all kinds of crazy, like a trashy murderous soap opera. I think the point where this episode really hit its crazy peak was the whole "Your a crappy cow who keeps giving me crappy calves and I'm gonna slaughter you." "Thank you for your honesty, I'm going to kill you." *Kiss* exchange.

That was my favorite part. It seems strangely realistic that even though they might hate each other and might be plotting each other's deaths, they're still polite to one another at family functions. I also got a kick out of Cheyanne stealing half of John Wayne's sandwich. Seems like something the bratty little sister would have gotten away with many times over the years, as illustrated by the boys just staring at her as she sashayed away.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, mertensia said:

I don't know what was up with this episode but it was so dark sometimes the screen was basically black.

The Kleinsasser story is not very compelling.

Agreed.  I couldn't even tell what was happening sometimes.  I have no idea why the funeral for Blake was held during the bright daylight but then the reception extended deep into the night where it was pitch black, even inside their house?  I couldn't even tell what the Mom was holding up and said she wanted displayed on the wall.  Had to rewind several times before seeing that it was some kind of painting.  The first time, I thought it was a part from a dead body or a dead animal.

21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This show has gone from a campy Twin Peaks vibe to a rip-off Yellowstone vibe and the stories don’t mesh. Still waiting for Ronald to be caught and don’t care as much for the Kleinsassers who never talk like they are real people.

Agreed, stories don't go together at all.  Ronald's storyline has gotten fairly ridiculous.  The neighbour recognised Ronald immediately from his police sketch, saying that he had grown his hair out a little.  Presumably this sketch has been shared frequently over the past several months on the news.  Nobody else recognises him but yet the neighbour identifies him right away?

He takes the dead body of the sister and puts it underneath the seat and also takes whatshername and the kid out to go camping in the middle of the night, because he knows the cops are closing in on him?  Ridiculous how easily she went along with him.  I would have insisted to wait until morning.  

He took her phone, said he found it and got her a new high score on Candy Crush.  Then he gave it back to her.  So she has it.  And yet the Marshall doesn't think to track her phone to find out where she is?  What about tracking the sister's phone?

The fact that the little girl has now seen Ronald in the act of burying a body, I hope this means he will be caught by season's end.  I'm sure he's going to tell her he found a dead deer and was burying it, but I hope she tells her mom.

• Love 4

We all knew that Jenny would survive, but having her emerge with basically a superficial forehead gash when the woman she was clinging to died instantly is ridiculous. You can't even give her a broken arm or something?

For being the supposed Sopranos of Montana, the Kleinsassers sure are boring. Endless preening and hot air with no action. Stop with the coy lines and pretentious monologues about killing each other and do it! They give Rand a lot of shit for being the struggling outcast weirdo of the family, but at least the man gets shit done without windbagging on about legacy or lions or cows.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

We all knew that Jenny would survive, but having her emerge with basically a superficial forehead gash when the woman she was clinging to died instantly is ridiculous. You can't even give her a broken arm or something?

For being the supposed Sopranos of Montana, the Kleinsassers sure are boring. Endless preening and hot air with no action. Stop with the coy lines and pretentious monologues about killing each other and do it! They give Rand a lot of shit for being the struggling outcast weirdo of the family, but at least the man gets shit done without windbagging on about legacy or lions or cows.  

The worst is the daughter.  And not just the character, but the actress as well.   The actress is over-the-top and I know she's supposed to be putting on her best "I'm a badass" act, yet I find myself laughing.  I'm sure the actress thinks she's doing a fantastic job, but she's so ridiculously bad, it takes me completely out of the scene. 

Much like how the actress on "Snowpiercer" who played Audrey seemed to think that she was the sexiest sexpot that ever sexed, when I just found her laughably bad.

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, dwmarch said:

I am pretty sure a pool of blood as large as the one under Scarlett's seat would smell something fierce.

Not only that, but when Ronald lugs the body around (not just once, but twice), how is he avoiding getting blood all over himself? He's actually clutching the entire corpse against his body as he 'hides' behind the tree when Scarlett comes looking for him.

Aside from many quibbles about the lack of reality, I also had to say I LOVED/LOL'D at the use of the original 'Crimson and Clover' during the ending scenes, where all the crises converge. Not sure if it's what the showrunners intended, but I had a big grin on my face during that whole thing.

• Love 6

So I’m thinking, suppose Ronald is parked/camped on the Kleinsasser land, they discover him, and it blows up all over, with everyone ending up dead/severely injured/in jail. What a mess that would be. And no more far-fetched than some of the plot we’ve seen so far.

Liked that Jerrie is given something to do. I was hoping that Margaret would nail Horst’s carcass to the wall using a nail gun. He deserves some sort of grisly death.

• Love 1

I’m sorry but I need them to put this Ronald storyline to bed - and that includes getting rid of Jerry/Jerrie  because the actress is so dull and one note. I hope they start season two with a fresh arc. I’m over Ronald and I’m over the Kleinsassers.

• Love 2

Yeah, this show is crazy and quickly going "way out there"!  A few points...

. Jenny and Cassie are not likeable characters. It is to me at least, difficult to like them. I get that the show ants to portray them as tough cookies, but COME ON!

. I'm guessing by some of the comments concerning Jeri, that I'm going to be in the minority here. Why is Jeri still on this show? Again, I get that the show needs to be inclusive, but having a Transgender on the show just to have one ....on the show, is a waste of time. As soon as Ronald's story arc is over, Jeri's time will hopefully over as Jeri brings nothing else to the show.

. How unrealistic that the US Marshal (can't think of his name) would agree to take Jeri who is a civilian and hand Jeri a gun.

.Yeah, that blood would've smelled something bad being all closed in that semi.

I have a feeling this show might not be back. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, rr2911 said:

. Jenny and Cassie are not likeable characters. It is to me at least, difficult to like them. I get that the show ants to portray them as tough cookies, but COME ON!

. I'm guessing by some of the comments concerning Jeri, that I'm going to be in the minority here. Why is Jeri still on this show? Again, I get that the show needs to be inclusive, but having a Transgender on the show just to have one ....on the show, is a waste of time. As soon as Ronald's story arc is over, Jeri's time will hopefully over as Jeri brings nothing else to the show.

. How unrealistic that the US Marshal (can't think of his name) would agree to take Jeri who is a civilian and hand Jeri a gun.

Big Sky renewed for season 2

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I greatly enjoyed the first half of this season because of the thrill of the hunt and the urgency in finding the girls.  However, this second half has greatly disappointed.

I'm mostly with you on Jenny and Cassie... but for me it's not that they're not likeable.  It's that they are just blank slates.  We know almost nothing about them.  Jenny was married to Ryan Philippe, their marriage ended for reasons unknown, she cried at his funeral, they have an 18 year old son who has never been seen or mentioned again.  Cassie had an affair with Ryan Philippe, she and Jenny had words about it in the first episode, but somehow now seem to be the best of pals, she lives with her dad and has an 8ish year old boy, neither of whom have been seen again.

Beyond the fact that they are the protagonist investigators... this show has given me absolutely no reason to care about them or root for them.  And that is especially evident in this second half of the season.  I am as indifferent to them as I am about their receptionist, who we know nothing about.  The writers made me care more about Margaret Kleinsasser in just two episodes than they have ever made me care about Cassie and Jenny.  Not sure why the writers wouldn't have made us care more about them. 

I would be more invested in their storyline this second half if there was more emotional attachment to their storyline.  Maybe if Ronald had kidnapped Cassie's son.  Maybe whatshername's daughter is friends with Cassie's son at school, and Ronald sees Cassie at pickup one day and grabs him after school.  Or maybe Jenny's son went to work on the Kleinsasser ranch and disappeared.

And I am fully in agreement with you about Jerri.  This character is useless and pointless and has no role anymore on this show.  The office already has a receptionist, and now it needs two?  And they are making her into a junior PI now?  It's really obvious that the only reason why she is on the show is so the show can continue being proud of the fact that it has the first transgender series regular in TV history.  She is completely boring, speaks in that tremulous monotone, and adds nothing.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I'm surprised. The show has really been spinning its wheels lately. I can't wait for the Kleinsassers to be done. So many useless characters. I'm confused why this was renewed but Stumptown was axed, which was very similar in tone and imo vastly superior.

10 hours ago, ShellsandCheese said:

I’m sorry but I need them to put this Ronald storyline to bed - and that includes getting rid of Jerry/Jerrie  because the actress is so dull and one note. I hope they start season two with a fresh arc. I’m over Ronald and I’m over the Kleinsassers.

Ronald and the Kleinsassers seem to be on their way out (thankfully), but Jeri is likely here to stay, as last episode implied that she might become a PI or pursue some sort of investigative career. I see her becoming a series regular and the only holdover from Ronald's arc after S1.

Speaking of the actress, she randomly left a flirty Instagram comment on the Instagram of a mid-level YouTuber I've followed for years and also have a crush on. I clicked on her profile and realized who she was. Talk about worlds colliding! I know she's still very small-time, but it was funny to me/refreshing that someone who's "made it" in Hollywood still lusts over fairly obscure YouTubers. Now all I can think about when she's onscreen is how we like the same guy, lol. She has good taste!! 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I greatly enjoyed the first half of this season because of the thrill of the hunt and the urgency in finding the girls.  However, this second half has greatly disappointed.

I'm mostly with you on Jenny and Cassie... but for me it's not that they're not likeable.  It's that they are just blank slates.  We know almost nothing about them.  Jenny was married to Ryan Philippe, their marriage ended for reasons unknown, she cried at his funeral, they have an 18 year old son who has never been seen or mentioned again.  Cassie had an affair with Ryan Philippe, she had Jenny had words about it in the first episode, but somehow now seem to be the best of pals , she lives with her dad and has an 8ish year old boy, neither of whom have been seen again.

Beyond the fact that they are the protagonist investigators... this show has given me absolutely no reason to care about them or root for them.  And that is especially evident in this second half of the season.  I am as indifferent to them as I am about their receptionist, who we know nothing about.  The writers made me care more about Margaret Kleinsasser in just two episodes than they have ever made me care about Cassie and Jenny.  Not sure why the writers wouldn't have made us care more about them. 

I would be more invested in their storyline this second half if there was more emotional attachment to their storyline.  Ronald had kidnapped Cassie's son.  Maybe whatshername's daughter is friends with Cassie's son at school, and Ronald sees Cassie at pickup one day and grabs him after school.  Or maybe Jenny's son went to work on the Kleinsasser ranch and disappeared.

And I am fully in agreement with you about Jerri.  This character is useless and pointless and has no role anymore on this show.  The office already has a receptionist, and now it needs two?  And they are making her into a junior PI now?  It's really obvious that the only reason why she is on the show is so the show can continue being proud of the fact that it has the first transgender series regular in TV history.  She is completely boring, speaks in that tremulous monotone, and adds nothing.

I agree with pretty much all of that except the last paragraph.  I'd be fine if we kept Jerrie but lost the receptionist/office mom.  At least Jerrie has some backstory.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm mostly with you on Jenny and Cassie... but for me it's not that they're not likeable.  It's that they are just blank slates.  We know almost nothing about them.  Jenny was married to Ryan Philippe, their marriage ended for reasons unknown, she cried at his funeral, they have an 18 year old son who has never been seen or mentioned again.  Cassie had an affair with Ryan Philippe, she and Jenny had words about it in the first episode, but somehow now seem to be the best of pals, she lives with her dad and has an 8ish year old boy, neither of whom have been seen again.

I would be more invested in their storyline this second half if there was more emotional attachment to their storyline.  Maybe if Ronald had kidnapped Cassie's son.  Maybe whatshername's daughter is friends with Cassie's son at school, and Ronald sees Cassie at pickup one day and grabs him after school.  Or maybe Jenny's son went to work on the Kleinsasser ranch and disappeared.

The first transgender series regular? What about Laverne Cox on “Orange is the New Black?”

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

The first transgender series regular? What about Laverne Cox on “Orange is the New Black?”

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina also had a trans character/actor as a series regular.  Big Sky might be the first broadcast show to do it though.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina also had a trans character/actor as a series regular.  Big Sky might be the first broadcast show to do it though.

So did Dispatches from Elsewhere on AMC. I'm sure there are more. I don't mind Jerri, but it would be nice if she had more to do.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The media I have seen about her call her the first “non-binary series regular on prime time television”.  So they must mean “first on network television”?

On 5/7/2021 at 2:23 AM, rr2911 said:

but having a Transgender on the show just to have one ....on the show, is a waste of time.

Um....or maybe she's just proven to be a well-liked character and actress, and that's why they're keeping her on. Not just because she's transgender.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, blackwing said:

The media I have seen about her call her the first “non-binary series regular on prime time television”.  So they must mean “first on network television”?

Is she non-binary? I thought that was someone who didn't identify as male or female, and was a different thing than being trans. But I am certainly no expert. I also thought Jerri identified as female.

I have no issue with her as a character, it makes sense that Cassie and Jenny would need a support team back at the office. 

• Love 3

I like Jerrie as a character and actress.  She added a lot to the storyline of being captured with the two sisters.  I'm happy they've indicated she may be interested in a career as a PI.  Now she'll have more things to do.

• Love 5

The now cancelled show "Deputy" had a non-binary character who was a law enforcement officer. She had a primary role on the show. Jeri really doesn't.

I just hope the show is not setting up a Jeri and that US Marshal romance. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Court said:

I think it's important to have Jeri on the show. Representation matters. There's not much I can find to show my 13 year old. 

I am more interested in the inclusion of everyone who has the desire, drive and talent to get into the entertainment and arts industry.  I roll my eyes at token anyones just for the sake of political correctness and virtue signalling.  Opportunities should be available to all people equally.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I am more interested in the inclusion of everyone who has the desire, drive and talent to get into the entertainment and arts industry.  I roll my eyes at token anyones just for the sake of political correctness and virtue signalling.  Opportunities should be available to all people equally.

The character of Jeri is important for representation. That character could be played by some transsexual, or someone heterosexual in real life . Of course their skills and talent will be considered equally.