Type keyword(s) to search

Kody Brown: Part-Time Father

• Start Topic

So, water damage, ruined wood floors, about 175 nail-holes to putty and sand from the plethora of artwork everywhere, expensive utilities and a guy living in the RV across the driveway....I hope they get 1/3 of their asking price.  No - 50%.

They're moving into a LARGER house?  How?  Unless it's an empty abandoned warehouse, I do not understand how Kody Brown can afford something larger than the Mansion in the Woods.

I need a YouTube video showing the reactions and commentary of the OG 3 to the pictures of the inside of that house.

• Like 18
On 9/4/2024 at 4:18 AM, LilyD said:

I’m wondering how much was actually Kody’s input when it comes to the design choices? (Not the precious hideous figurines and decorations of course)

I’m thinking about the horribly dark, clashing and bright color scheme all through, which perfectly matches his erratic behavior for example. Collecting hideous and “valuable” art also sounds like something Kody would do. And all those paintings that look like him and Robyn would fit his rather narcissistic personality too. 

I mean, he loved David Yurman and I feel like this is a consistent aesthetic with the house décor 

15 hours ago, surfgirl said:

Kody Brown: Love Should Be Multiplied, Then Ignored

YESSSS

• Like 8
21 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So, water damage, ruined wood floors, about 175 nail-holes to putty and sand from the plethora of artwork everywhere, expensive utilities and a guy living in the RV across the driveway....I hope they get 1/3 of their asking price.  No - 50%.

They're moving into a LARGER house?  How?  Unless it's an empty abandoned warehouse, I do not understand how Kody Brown can afford something larger than the Mansion in the Woods.

I need a YouTube video showing the reactions and commentary of the OG 3 to the pictures of the inside of that house.

I am still pretty sure these people have bupkis in terms of $.  I suspect a lot of crazy terms to whatever mortgage they get. Maybe a balloon payment.  And honestly, they are only still getting money because of the OG's and THEIR storylines being interesting.  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

They are moving to a new and larger house which is closer to town.  Their escrow closes on Oct 12.

Say what?  Why in the world do they need something larger?  More walls for more paintings?  Or is Kootie anticipating another wife and a horde of additional spawn?  What a crock!

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Now THIS should have been part of the season filmed!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

They are moving to a new and larger house which is closer to town.

Is this what the realtor told the person who looked at the house? Perhaps they were told to say that if anyone asked? And they gave a closing date? That’s all very unprofessional if what they said is actually true.

• Like 15
7 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

Say what?  Why in the world do they need something larger?  More walls for more paintings?  Or is Kootie anticipating another wife and a horde of additional spawn?  What a crock!

After seeing the (now removed) photo on the house listing page of the back garage door open and chocker block full of junk...and then watching the tik tock video where a woman pretended to be interested as a buyer and filmed her walk through, they have so much stuff ! Some of the stuff in the listing photos seemed to have been cleared, but when she was in the main garage there was a long wall completely covered floor to ceiling in shelves with the large plastic storage tubs and then those shelves had boxes and stuff in front of them as well.

Since Kody threw a fit about having to move his personal stuff that was stored at Janelle and Christine's houses, his house is now overflowing. Combine that with all of the shopping that Robyn does and I can understand that they are strapping for room.

Oh. Downstairs in a hallway he has a painting or a print that is maybe 6 feet wide and looks to be floor to ceiling (8 feet tall?) It was too dark to really make out what it was a painting of...but it was bizarre. The woman who filmed it kept commenting that the hallways and rooms were really dark because of the matt paint in darker colors.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Oh, come on, everyone!  That tiny McMansion can only hold so many U-Hauls full of Robyn's crap!  😆

Yes, it's quite a crock.  Those two jackasses can spend money faster than any other TV people.  All that take-out is because Kody told Robyn that she's too beautiful to cook.  They act like they're billionaires.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

The woman who filmed it kept commenting that the hallways and rooms were really dark because of the matt paint in darker colors.

I mean, did anyone think Satan's lair would be a joyous, light-filled abode adorned in beiges and creams? Not I!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Is this what the realtor told the person who looked at the house? Perhaps they were told to say that if anyone asked? And they gave a closing date? That’s all very unprofessional if what they said is actually true.

Yes that is what the person looking at the house was told.  It does seem out of bounds to be telling their biz.

• Like 8

The house doesn’t seem loved and a bit “used up” if that makes sense? The railing on the deck is rotten in several places. It’s clearly visible on the pictures. You really need to have a good look at the wooden floor in the lounge to see it has quite a few rough patches. Couldn’t spot water damage but absolutely believe it’s there.

It’s one of those homes that looks great on your first viewing but you don’t realise what mess you’ve bought until it’s empty and yours! 

PS tagd on Robyn’s clothes are also clearly visible!

• Like 8
26 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Can anyone give the link to the Tik Tok video? I know nothing about navigating there.

So odd that the agent allowed the filming! The house has famous notorious owners, so it’s bound to attract people with wrong plans or crazy fans with absolutely no intention to buy it. Generally, estate agents are a lot more careful with celebrity owned houses as far as I’m aware.

• Like 8

I just watched the tour.

The huge painting in the hallway is stunning.

The china pattern is Royal Doulton’s Old Country Roses, often on QVC.

I am not impressed with the woman who did this. I am not a fan of Kody and Sobbin’, but this woman should not have touched things.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

So I have been watching things about the new season, their house for sale etc.  Here is what I have heard:

The deck of the house is in major need of repair, the person who looked at the house said she was warned it wasn't safe and had major deferred maintenance

There had been leaking from a shower and caused water damage on floors below (they claimed they were going to fix it)

Robyn's closet is something.  Lots of new clothes with tags, LV purse, tons of stuff.  Kody's clothes are in a small space in the closet.

Sol's closet had no clothes but $1000's of dollars in Legos

(H)Ari-Cary had scribbled bible verses on her mirror and all the daughters had many American Girl dolls.

She had to wait to go into the house for them to leave.  Aurora in an SUV, Brianna in a smaller SUV, Robyn/Kody/Tenderized Chickens in another vehicle.

She was told that if she wanted to buy Dayton's RV, it was negotiable.  But she couldn't look into it because he might be there.  It wasn't in great shape.

The wood floors of the house are really effed up.  Something was said it was the reason why filming in the house was no longer allowed.

The utilities are something like this:  5000 gallon cistern that needs to be filled 1-2 times per month at $600/fill. Electricity up to $1400/mo, gas I cannot remember.  It was said when the power went out during Thanksgiving, they were able to cook their dinner using the generator.

The person looking at it thinks it is overpriced by about 20%, the realtor thinks it is overpriced in the teens.

They are moving to a new and larger house which is closer to town.  Their escrow closes on Oct 12.

They are asking 1.6K, I hope they get just over 900K. With that much work needed to be done, it isn't worth double what they paid.  If she wanted the extra acres, it would be about $241K and it is in the front of the house.

Yes, I was remote yesterday, why do you ask 🤣!

Juicy!  Thank you!!

• Like 5

I watched the tour, but I had to do it in pieces, that woman made me sea sick the way she was swinging the camera from side to side repeatedly. 

Not a house I would make a bid on that is for sure. The architecture just seems odd and add the dark paint it almost seems like some sort of cave house. I'd be really surprised if they get close to asking price. But I don't know anything about the house market there. 

• Like 5
44 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I watched the tour, but I had to do it in pieces, that woman made me sea sick the way she was swinging the camera from side to side repeatedly.

The fifteenth time she mispronounced Realtor did it for me, I turned it off. Guess I should have put it on mute but all of that bad video was too much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 5

I don't believe that part about K&R closing on a larger house closer to town. I doubt that they could qualify for a mortgage on a dog house let alone another million $ home. I would love to know what is in all of those plastic bins and boxes in the garage. Someone in that house has a spending addiction and my guess is that it's Robyn and that is why the family saving account is empty.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Yeah, when I saw that seemingly endless double row of bins I actually said out loud WTF!!! That is obscene! Even with 5 people in the family there is way too much "carp" out there!

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm wondering if some of the larger wall art/paintings were left by the previous owner.

The house was sold with, “All FURNITURE and most furnishings”. I sent you the listing from when they purchased the house.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

The fifteenth time she mispronounced Realtor did it for me, I turned it off. Guess I should have put it on mute but all of that bad video was too much.

She has a number of Brown-related TikToks. Judging by her presence, I suspect that is the only occupation for which she’s suitable.

She’s helped me feel offended for Kody and Sobbin’ (probably not her intention) and concerned for the poor REALTOR®. (As opposed to “reel-a-tur.”)

Edited by jschoolgirl
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3

Oh my goodness, Robyn took a bright airy home and turned it into a dark and gloomy dungeon. 

It seem all the art is theirs. The large wall art pieces probably cost an arm and a leg but are likely only worth what someone would be willing to pay for them.

They should revert it back to the way it was, it would definitely sell much faster.

Thank you @ginger90!

• Like 7
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It seem all the art is theirs. The large wall art pieces probably cost an arm and a leg but are likely only worth what someone would be willing to pay for them.

The problem with all of those humongous paintings is that very few homes have wall space large enough to hang them.  I only have one wall in a hallway that would accommodate something that ginormous.  

• Like 8
On 9/6/2024 at 12:22 PM, Natalie68 said:

So I have been watching things about the new season, their house for sale etc.  Here is what I have heard:

The deck of the house is in major need of repair, the person who looked at the house said she was warned it wasn't safe and had major deferred maintenance

There had been leaking from a shower and caused water damage on floors below (they claimed they were going to fix it)

Robyn's closet is something.  Lots of new clothes with tags, LV purse, tons of stuff.  Kody's clothes are in a small space in the closet.

Sol's closet had no clothes but $1000's of dollars in Legos

(H)Ari-Cary had scribbled bible verses on her mirror and all the daughters had many American Girl dolls.

She had to wait to go into the house for them to leave.  Aurora in an SUV, Brianna in a smaller SUV, Robyn/Kody/Tenderized Chickens in another vehicle.

She was told that if she wanted to buy Dayton's RV, it was negotiable.  But she couldn't look into it because he might be there.  It wasn't in great shape.

The wood floors of the house are really effed up.  Something was said it was the reason why filming in the house was no longer allowed.

The utilities are something like this:  5000 gallon cistern that needs to be filled 1-2 times per month at $600/fill. Electricity up to $1400/mo, gas I cannot remember.  It was said when the power went out during Thanksgiving, they were able to cook their dinner using the generator.

The person looking at it thinks it is overpriced by about 20%, the realtor thinks it is overpriced in the teens.

They are asking 1.6K, I hope they get just over 900K. With that much work needed to be done, it isn't worth double what they paid.  If she wanted the extra acres, it would be about $241K and it is in the front of the house.

Yes, I was remote yesterday, why do you ask 🤣!

Can Robyn stop spending one enough for them to close ???

• LOL 6
(edited)

As much as we all loathe Kotex, and deservedly so, I just realized a bit of karma that likely gnaws at him every waking hour of every day and that is simply this:

His parental plyg family must be so incredibly ashamed and embarrassed of him. He has single handedly shown the world what a disaster plural marriage is, how damaging it is to the women involved, how damaging it is to the children involved, and how any man engaging in this farce is driven by narcissism and misogyny.  We can only hope that this eats away at his misplaced ego hourly, every single fucking day. It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

As much as we all loathe Kotex, and deservedly so, I just realized a bit of karma that likely gnaws at him every waking hour of every day and that is simply this:

His parental plyg family must be so incredibly ashamed and embarrassed of him. He has single handedly shown the world what a disaster plural marriage is, how damaging it is to the women involved, how damaging it is to the children involved, and how any mad engaging in this farce is driven by narcissism and misogyny.  We can only hope that this eats away at his misplaced ego hourly, every single fucking day. It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

The problem with narcissists is that they never see the light.  Everything will always be someone else's fault, it is never theirs.  Until his dying day, he will be faultless victim.

• Like 9
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 2
On 9/7/2024 at 10:23 AM, ginger90 said:

The house was sold with, “All FURNITURE and most furnishings”. I sent you the listing from when they purchased the house.

It was but I thought they took all that out and put their own stuff in?

• LOL 2
On 9/6/2024 at 8:07 PM, Orcinus orca said:

Why in the world do they need something larger? 

I know right? Hm, maybe because of Robyn's shopping habit. She ran out of space. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

It was but I thought they took all that out and put their own stuff in?

Back when they did a little filming in the kitchen/living area it looked like they kept the original furniture and jammed theirs in with it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
On 8/30/2024 at 5:28 PM, Quof said:

I don't under the 5 bedrooms. I thought none of the kids/kidults could share a bedroom so there have to be 6 (and I thought there were 7?)

At some point it was mentioned that Day-un was living in an RV on the property.

• Like 4
On 9/6/2024 at 8:17 PM, LilyD said:

The house doesn’t seem loved and a bit “used up” if that makes sense? The railing on the deck is rotten in several places. It’s clearly visible on the pictures. You really need to have a good look at the wooden floor in the lounge to see it has quite a few rough patches. Couldn’t spot water damage but absolutely believe it’s there.

It’s one of those homes that looks great on your first viewing but you don’t realise what mess you’ve bought until it’s empty and yours! 

PS tagd on Robyn’s clothes are also clearly visible!

Not surprising, but K&R appear to be "those people" who buy a nice house, move in and run the place into the ground while making no improvements, then move on.

• Like 8
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

At some point it was mentioned that Day-un was living in an RV on the property

But he wasn't when they were house hunting.  

• Like 5
(edited)

I just realized that there's a 3D-view version of the Mansion on Zillow.  Not sure how I missed that.  It gives a whole new "wow" factor to looking around that place.  I'm still in the living room/kitchen and am seeing sculptures that I simply cannot believe nor describe, lol.

EDIT: the artwork....my eyes!  My eyes!!!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I just realized that there's a 3D-view version of the Mansion on Zillow.  Not sure how I missed that.  It gives a whole new "wow" factor to looking around that place.  I'm still in the living room/kitchen and am seeing sculptures that I simply cannot believe nor describe, lol.

EDIT: the artwork....my eyes!  My eyes!!!

Someone on reddit made a list of the paintings/prints and sculptures du arts and did a deep dive finding the cost of everything. Last I saw it was almost $200,000.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 2