Type keyword(s) to search

Nitpicking

• Start Topic

Once I had kids, I completely closed the door on any understanding of why someone wouldn't fight or move heaven and earth to be with their kids as much as possible.

Which puts Chris in the garbage pail for me from day 1 and makes it baffling to me that anyone likes him at all, least of all Lorelai (maybe guilt?) or Richard and Emily.

• Love 5

Exactly. Even from the start of the show, Emily and Richard are talking about how Chris is wonderful, even though they know that he has very limited contact with Rory. That's just weird.

Also, completely out of context, but when Lorelai and Luke get engaged, they want to celebrate and go to Doose's to get some Champagne. They only find some $5.95 bottle and a case of ZIMA. Out in the world is ZIMA better than $5 champagne to celebrate a wedding? They may be both disgusting but at least the champagne is champagne...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, marineg said:

Also, completely out of context, but when Lorelai and Luke get engaged, they want to celebrate and go to Doose's to get some Champagne. They only find some $5.95 bottle and a case of ZIMA. Out in the world is ZIMA better than $5 champagne to celebrate a wedding? They may be both disgusting but at least the champagne is champagne...

Had the  exact same thought and can only come with the fact that Luke hates champagne, so really crappy $5 champagne would be a worse choice than Zima.

Zima is truly awful stuff (all that malty stuff tastes like ass).  I can't imagine anyone enjoying it.  Or wine coolers.  So bad.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, stan4 said:

Had the  exact same thought and can only come with the fact that Luke hates champagne, so really crappy $5 champagne would be a worse choice than Zima.

Yes, but it looks like Lorelai is more excited than Luke. He calls it chick beer and stuff. He makes a face when he drinks it. Honestly, it's weird and makes no sense.

19 minutes ago, marineg said:

Yes, but it looks like Lorelai is more excited than Luke. He calls it chick beer and stuff. He makes a face when he drinks it. Honestly, it's weird and makes no sense.

Yup.  But he does agree to drinking it every night and having sex.  

Agree that I would have just gone with the champagne.

• Love 2

Looking at the Independence Inn burns down episode. Why were there so many managers? I have been at many hotels and motels, have friends in the business. Unless you are a 4 star hotel in the middle of Chicago or New York. You aren't going to have more than 1-2 general managers and then at least 2 assistant. When they had that meeting you think the Independence was a chain. When the Dragon Fly opened, who was the manager? That was Michele while Lorelai and Sookie were co-owners and Sookie ran food services and Lorelai the set up, books and design. That made more sense. Some episodes it felt that Lorelai ran the Independence all by herself and then magically there were all these other managers. Where was the money coming from?

• Love 1

I thought Lorelai was the only general manager at the Independence Inn. Michel was the concierge, Sookie the head chef, and Tobin the night manager. Mia’s son showed up with the insurance people assessing the cost of the repairs, and there were a lot of staff present the night of the fire, but I don’t remember any other managers. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

I thought Lorelai was the only general manager at the Independence Inn. Michel was the concierge, Sookie the head chef, and Tobin the night manager. Mia’s son showed up with the insurance people assessing the cost of the repairs, and there were a lot of staff present the night of the fire, but I don’t remember any other managers. 

Yes, this is what I recall as well. Lorelai was the general manager and supervised the other three who had their areas of responsibility.

(edited)
20 hours ago, readster said:

Looking at the Independence Inn burns down episode. Why were there so many managers? I have been at many hotels and motels, have friends in the business. Unless you are a 4 star hotel in the middle of Chicago or New York. You aren't going to have more than 1-2 general managers and then at least 2 assistant. When they had that meeting you think the Independence was a chain. When the Dragon Fly opened, who was the manager? That was Michele while Lorelai and Sookie were co-owners and Sookie ran food services and Lorelai the set up, books and design. That made more sense. Some episodes it felt that Lorelai ran the Independence all by herself and then magically there were all these other managers. Where was the money coming from?

I don't know exactly what meetings you are referring to, but indeed, there is Lorelai as general manager, Tobin as night manager, Michel as concierge, and Sookie as chef. Mia is the owner and John, her son. And then there are various insurance people who come by at one point.

Edited by marineg
3 hours ago, marineg said:

I don't know exactly what meetings you are freeing to, but indeed, there is Lorelai as general manager, Tobin as night manager, Michel as concierge, and Sookie as chef. Mia is the owner and John, her son. And then there are various insurance people who come by at one point.

Ok, that was the one I was referring too. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Now that that's settled, can we talk about the Logan/Rory "we were on a break" moment?

Because yes, Logan should have made sure he was actually broken up, but Rory's behaviour is weird. Like when she goes to see Jess and they kiss, she says "I couldn't even cheat on him the way he cheated on me." Girl... That's just wrong. He slept with a couple of girls when he thought he was a free man, he didn't go back to his ex, an ex he knows is completely in love with him, and cheat while you were on a trip with your friends...

That's fucked up, to drive all the way to Philadelphia to hook up with your still-in-love-with-you ex who is still putting his life back together, while your boyfriend is out of town, just to get back at him. That's just mean to both Logan and Jess. What were you thinking, Rory?

And then she says "Despite all the bad he's done, I'm in love with him." What bad? He changed a lot for her. Yes at first he was a jerk, and goes back to that later when he loses all the money, but up until now, he was pretty good until he met Jess and freaked out like an insecure teenager (I'm looking at you Dean). And then he tried to get over her by sleeping with a few girls. That's not cool, but they were broken up. Even if they didn't say it, she ghosted him for a couple months. What was he supposed to think?

So he slept with 3 girls over 2 months while he thought he was broken up? Rory had an affair with a married man even though she knew they were still together, legally, and because they were living together and his wife was making him his favourite roast beef. That's wrong. That's not okay. And yet, she never felt anything close to guilt. She just says that it shouldn't have happened like that. And still, no one went behind her back to hurt her. The worst consequence she got from that was a small screaming match from Lindsay's mother. The whole town, which is supposed to be about gossip and judgment, never said a word or looked a her weird. She got more weird looks when she refused to be the Ice Cream Queen... or when Jess crashed her car...

So no, I don't think she's being fair to Logan given her own moral standards.

(And I'm not even talking about the revival...)

Edited by marineg
  • Love 6

I thought it was gross that Logan just plowed through all of his sister's friends during their short breakup, and I would have been done with him. But I do not think he cheated, and if Rory agreed to work it out, she needed to let that shit go. The way she hurt Jess in some weird act of revenge was a thousand times worse. 

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:08 AM, stan4 said:

Zima is truly awful stuff (all that malty stuff tastes like ass).  I can't imagine anyone enjoying it.  Or wine coolers.  So bad.

Obviously somebody likes it, or they wouldn't make it.

6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I thought it was gross that Logan just plowed through all of his sister's friends during their short breakup, and I would have been done with him. But I do not think he cheated, and if Rory agreed to work it out, she needed to let that shit go. The way she hurt Jess in some weird act of revenge was a thousand times worse. 

I wouldn't be interested in dating a guy who is currently (recently) still at a point where he has casual sex because we wouldn't share the same values.  However, I have to agree, that it's not cheating.  And, since Rory did cheat with a married man, she doesn't exactly have the high ground, either.

• Love 3

Yea, Rory seems to just excuse what happened with Dean because she "had him first". Like she's just entitled to dip back into that pond whenever she wants. I bet that's how she excuses away the mess with Logan and Odette as well. 

Girl, there are millions of men out there! What is so wrong with you that you keep seeking out your taken exes? It's a real problem. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, Rory seems to just excuse what happened with Dean because she "had him first". Like she's just entitled to dip back into that pond whenever she wants. I bet that's how she excuses away the mess with Logan and Odette as well. 

Girl, there are millions of men out there! What is so wrong with you that you keep seeking out your taken exes? It's a real problem. 

The fact is though that she didn't have him first. That's what pisses me off. HE was HER first boyfriend. He had already dated a girl back in Chicago. So Rory wasn't Dean's first girlfriend. And in terms of sex, again, HE was HER first, his was probably Lindsay.

So she didn't "have him first". She just had this entitlement for her ex-boyfriends, like a right of ownership over them. She did it with Dean, going back to him whenever she felt like it, same with Jess, when she goes to Philadelphia to cheat on Logan, and same with Logan, who in the revival was engaged, but she was still having an affair with him instead of focusing on the relationship she was in with Paul. (we didn't really know him but her behaviour towards him was awful. She cheated on him with Logan for months and with Chewie...) Same with Marty who, yes, wasn't an actual ex, but she still behaved like he was her platonic boyfriend and used him whenever she felt like it.

She just lives her life like she wants and expects all her exes to be there when she wants them, like toys.

• Love 2

I don't know if he cheated or not. Logan says he thought they broke up, Rory thought they just had a fight. So does she have to tell Logan every time they have a fight that its a fight or he'll go sleep with a bunch of women? Didn't he say he only said they were broken up because Honor kept pressing him on the issue? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I was more disturbed by him sleeping with a bunch of his sister's friends and then trashing them to Rory later. Is that how you treat women Logan? Sleep with them and then trash them?  

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know if he cheated or not. Logan says he thought they broke up, Rory thought they just had a fight. So does she have to tell Logan every time they have a fight that its a fight or he'll go sleep with a bunch of women? Didn't he say he only said they were broken up because Honor kept pressing him on the issue? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. I was more disturbed by him sleeping with a bunch of his sister's friends and then trashing them to Rory later. Is that how you treat women Logan? Sleep with them and then trash them?  

As far as whether or not it was a fight, it was a number of week’s with no communication. If it had been a weekend or something, I would be Team Rory. But you don’t go weeks without speaking to your romantic partner if it’s just a fight.

Logan and his crew seemed to have a more casual outlook on sex. We saw Rory try to adopt that when she was pursuing Logan and then she realized it wasn’t for her. I don’t think for Logan or the girls he hooked up with it was that big of a deal.

8 hours ago, deaja said:

Logan and his crew seemed to have a more casual outlook on sex. We saw Rory try to adopt that when she was pursuing Logan and then she realized it wasn’t for her. I don’t think for Logan or the girls he hooked up with it was that big of a deal.

3 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Logan having casual sex isn’t a problem in and of itself. Logan having contempt and no respect for the women he hooks up with is. 

Agree. We can't judge someone based on his sexual habits/preferences or the number of partners he's had. And I do think that he should be respectful of women he sleeps with. However, he didn't say anything that wasn't true or truly mean.

LOGAN: Oh, no. Blondie, dipsy, bubbles, four nose jobs, charm McGee, all great gals.

and later

RORY: "Blondie, dizzy", I love the cover, pretending all those girls were worthless idiots.
LOGAN: They are worthless idiots, shooting their mouths off in front of you like that.
RORY: It's not their fault.
LOGAN: It is their fault. They love doing crap like this, causing trouble.

The girls were being mean. Even if you didn't know they were dating before and not only after you slept with a guy, you don't say that in front of his girlfriend...

3 hours ago, marineg said:

They love doing crap like this, causing trouble.

Ah, yes. the age old ploy of playing the victim when caught at doing something questionable.  "I'm just an poor innocent boy because although I bedded each and every one, they are being mean to me.  Boo-hoo-hoo".

Dude, be a man and take responsibility for your actions.  You weren't raped or coerced, you jumped in the sack willingly.  The fact that you got caught and it hurt your girlfriend's feelings is not someone else's fault.  Man up and admit you are a horndog.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Logan having casual sex isn’t a problem in and of itself. Logan having contempt and no respect for the women he hooks up with is. 

Let alone Odette, who he is engaged to.  That was just weird.  And Rory was an idiot for going along with it, even if they lived in different countries.

Okay, so this is more of an in-character nitpick.  In Christopher Returns he comes down after his shower complaining and says he's going to fix the shower.  How would Christopher know how to fix the shower?  He seems more like the type to call someone to fix things rather than doing it himself.

Edited by shron17
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

That was my problem with it. I don't care that he had casual sex but him having contempt and no respect for the women he hooked up with.

4 hours ago, marineg said:

Agree. We can't judge someone based on his sexual habits/preferences or the number of partners he's had. And I do think that he should be respectful of women he sleeps with. However, he didn't say anything that wasn't true or truly mean.

LOGAN: Oh, no. Blondie, dipsy, bubbles, four nose jobs, charm McGee, all great gals.

and later

RORY: "Blondie, dizzy", I love the cover, pretending all those girls were worthless idiots.
LOGAN: They are worthless idiots, shooting their mouths off in front of you like that.
RORY: It's not their fault.
LOGAN: It is their fault. They love doing crap like this, causing trouble.

The girls were being mean. Even if you didn't know they were dating before and not only after you slept with a guy, you don't say that in front of his girlfriend...

I'm not sure that the girls were being mean. How did they know Logan wasn't just hooking up with Rory or in a casual relationship? Maybe they assumed Logan was having the same relationship with Rory that he just had with them. He just slept with a bunch of women why would they think Rory was any different? Logan and Rory did start out with Logan still going out with other women.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Ah, yes. the age old ploy of playing the victim when caught at doing something questionable.  "I'm just an poor innocent boy because although I bedded each and every one, they are being mean to me.  Boo-hoo-hoo".

Dude, be a man and take responsibility for your actions.  You weren't raped or coerced, you jumped in the sack willingly.  The fact that you got caught and it hurt your girlfriend's feelings is not someone else's fault.  Man up and admit you are a horndog.

Yes,  exactly. He's just the poor innocent boy in the situation. None of it was his fault. No it was Rory's for not clarifying they weren't broken up. How would he know? It was the girls fault. He only slept with them and didn't tell Rory. Those mean girls who told Rory about their hookups. Its not Logan's fault. He's the victim. Grow up Logan. Take responsibility for your actions and apologize. No girlfriend is going to take it well that her boyfriend slept with a bunch of women after a fight, cooling off.     

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm not sure that the girls were being mean. How did they know Logan wasn't just hooking up with Rory or in a casual relationship

The girls were careless in their remarks and drunk but they weren't intentionally being mean.  They didn't know much beyond the fact that Rory was currently Logan's girlfriend.  I mean, I guess either Logan or his sister could have done more to make sure Rory didn't end up in that conversation, but I think it was more that Rory and Logan came from very different backgrounds.

ALEXANDRA: Oh, there's always Logan.
WALKER: Been there, done that.
CLAUDE: Shush!
WALKER: What "shush"? You should talk.
CLAUDE: Rory is Logan's girlfriend.
WALKER: Oops. Oh, my god, you're Rory-Rory. I'm so r*******. Don't worry. This was way before you guys started dating. This was back around Thanksgiving.
RORY: [Confused] Last Thanksgiving?
WALKER: It meant nothing. Believe me, meaningless.
MEGAN: Walker will have sex with anyone.
WALKER: I will.
CLAUDE: I'm sure you know Logan and I dated, but that was ages ago, eons, back when he drove a Z3. And then we had a stupid one-night stand this December, but there's nothing between us, I swear. We're just friends who drank too much spiked eggnog. Now he's met you, and you guys are so great together, really.
RORY: [Still in shock] Thanks.

4 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Take responsibility for your actions and apologize. No girlfriend is going to take it well that her boyfriend slept with a bunch of women after a fight, cooling off.  

Then again, this is really why I could never get on board with Rory and Logan.  He was very good at convincing Rory he had done nothing wrong.  Even though I think actually being in a relationship with Rory was such a change for him that he really didn't fully understand what he was doing wrong.  Logan never gave Rory the space she needed to think through how she felt about their relationship and whether she wanted to continue it, even in the revival.  Wasn't showing up with the life or death gang just one more grand gesture to keep her in his life, to convince her that she needed his family's name and power?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, shron17 said:

The girls were careless in their remarks and drunk but they weren't intentionally being mean.  They didn't know much beyond the fact that Rory was currently Logan's girlfriend.  I mean, I guess either Logan or his sister could have done more to make sure Rory didn't end up in that conversation, but I think it was more that Rory and Logan came from very different backgrounds.

Then again, this is really why I could never get on board with Rory and Logan.  He was very good at convincing Rory he had done nothing wrong.  Even though I think actually being in a relationship with Rory was such a change for him that he really didn't fully understand what he was doing wrong.  Logan never gave Rory the space she needed to think through how she felt about their relationship and whether she wanted to continue it, even in the revival.  Wasn't showing up with the life or death gang just one more grand gesture to keep her in his life, to convince her that she needed his family's name and power?

That's why I could never get on board with Rory and Logan either. He was very good at convincing Rory he did nothing wrong. He never gave her space to figure things out on her own. He used grand gestures to get her back. The coffee cart following her around and tons of gifts. That didn't work. In the revival. He wanted to keep in her in his life so he used the life and death gang as a grand gesture, a fun night and ended up giving her a key to a house. A house where she could write and be disturbed. Except it was his house. He could still visit her there when ever he wanted too. He wanted her to see the fun, the money and grand gestures. And not that she'd still be a mistress. A kept mistress since she would now be living in one of his homes.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That's why I could never get on board with Rory and Logan either. He was very good at convincing Rory he did nothing wrong. He never gave her space to figure things out on her own. He used grand gestures to get her back. The coffee cart following her around and tons of gifts. That didn't work. In the revival. He wanted to keep in her in his life so he used the life and death gang as a grand gesture, a fun night and ended up giving her a key to a house. A house where she could write and be disturbed. Except it was his house. He could still visit her there when ever he wanted too. He wanted her to see the fun, the money and grand gestures. And not that she'd still be a mistress. A kept mistress since she would now be living in one of his homes.  

That revival was not at all in line with Logan's growth during the original series and should therefore be discarded.

It was intentional.  Those girls knew who Rory was (I am not saying they knew Rory and Logan were together prior to sleeping with him).

"[Y]ou're Rory Rory"?

Gimme a break.  Like you know that many Rorys.

No classy non-beeyowtch talks about sleeping with your current boyfriend as a laugh/lark.

• Love 1
(edited)

Logan had no respect for Honor's friends before he was being confronted with "cheating" with them. In season 5 he said the Yacht would be filled with Honor’s ditzy friends.  Sleeping with girls you know are not someone who would choose happens a lot with rebound upset comfort sex, 

Rory doesn't really ask for space, she just stops talking. It's what she did after the pub fight. She even goes on a short vacation with Lorelai. When Rory takes Logan back after she fights with the Bridesmaids, she wants space but she doesn't ask for it. She is passive aggressive with Logan, hides in Stars Hollow and goes to Philadelphia (imo on a whim not to purposely cheat back). When Rory tells Logan she doesn't want to see him in The perfect dress, though he does send her gift, he personally doesn't show up at her place or the coffee cart again until he gets the letter from Lorelei. 

And the revival, Logan does not try to convince Rory she needs him or his family. In Spring Rory ask Logan to get Mitchum's help. She's embarrassed and he tells her not to be. And in Fall, He offers the house but nothing about influence or power. When she tells him she has somewhere to write, he's sad but takes the key back. Logan was supportive and encouraging of Rory's career. He tried to warn her about Naomi and was honest about Sandy Says while being encouraging and praising her talent.

Logan had his issues but forcing himself or his family on Rory wasn't one of them.  Logan's go to his facts and Rory tries to hurdle the line between facts and feelings and doesn't always know when to stand her ground. When she stands her ground Logan doesn't push back. Rory often has the upper hand in their relationship she just doesn't always know how to take initiative even in relationships. Imo. Though that really is for a different thread. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, stan4 said:

That revival was not at all in line with Logan's growth during the original series and should therefore be discarded.

It was intentional.  Those girls knew who Rory was (I am not saying they knew Rory and Logan were together prior to sleeping with him).

"[Y]ou're Rory Rory"?

Gimme a break.  Like you know that many Rorys.

No classy non-beeyowtch talks about sleeping with your current boyfriend as a laugh/lark.

Yes. On all points.

1 hour ago, tarotx said:

Logan had no respect for Honor's friends before he was being confronted with "cheating" with them. In season 5 he said the Yacht would be filled with Honor’s ditzy friends.  Sleeping with girls you know are not someone who would choose happens a lot with rebound upset comfort sex, 

Rory doesn't really ask for space, she just stops talking. It's what she did after the pub fight. She even goes on a short vacation with Lorelai. When Rory takes Logan back after she fights with the Bridesmaids, she wants space but she doesn't ask for it. She is passive aggressive with Logan, hides in Stars Hollow and goes to Philadelphia (imo on a whim not to purposely cheat back). When Rory tells Logan she doesn't want to see him in The perfect dress, though he does send her gift, he personally doesn't show up at her place or the coffee cart again until he gets the letter from Lorelei. 

And the revival, Logan does not try to convince Rory she needs him or his family. In Spring Rory ask Logan to get Mitchum's help. She's embarrassed and he tells her not to be. And in Fall, He offers the house but nothing about influence or power. When she tells him she has somewhere to write, he's sad but takes the key back. Logan was supportive and encouraging of Rory's career. He tried to warn her about Naomi and was honest about Sandy Says while being encouraging and praising her talent.

Logan had his issues but forcing himself or his family on Rory wasn't one of them.  Logan's go to his facts and Rory tries to hurdle the line between facts and feelings and doesn't always know when to stand her ground. When she stands her ground Logan doesn't push back. Rory often has the upper hand in their relationship she just doesn't always know how to take initiative even in relationships. Imo. Though that really is for a different thread. 

I like Logan. I'm not saying I'm "Team Logan" though. I think he was a jerk in the beginning, and a bit later when he loses his job, but out of the 3 guys, I think he's the one who really dedicates a lot of care and attention and effort to his relationship with Rory. He's the one making the important steps: being monogamous, introducing to the family, moving in together, asking her to marry him...

Rory on the other hand asks a lot of him, but doesn't give much back in return.

Edited by marineg
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, Taryn74 said:

Bahahaha.

Yeah it was strange that a midweek wedding was so big and fancy, but not impossible.  I did a google search for best days of the week to have a wedding, as well as religious/cultural traditions for days of the week, and it's not unheard of for people to be attached to "odd" days of the week for weddings.

Yes, I have a life.  Why do you ask?  >_<

I googled the Royal weddings, because I was sure that I remembered us kids being rotated in and out of the TV room at school, to watch Prince Andrew marry Fergie. Sarah Ferguson for the younger people here, not the singer from the Black-eyed Peas. Sure enough, it happened during the week. It was really bugging me, though, "Who has a wedding, especially a Royal wedding, during the week??" :) My sister got married on a Friday, at a courthouse, I think. I wasn't there. 

On 5/23/2018 at 5:40 AM, marineg said:

Also, how come Doyle was the Yale Daily News editor in chief for 2 years while Rory was "forced to step down" according to by-laws after one year?

And why didn't she return to the paper? Just because you can't be the boss doesn't mean you can't still work at the place.

I was going to ask the same thing. I was really sick for a couple of weeks, and had GG playing quietly on my phone, to keep me company. This was one thing that bugged me: Doyle being the editor for two years, and then new ones being cycled in and out every semester. And you're right: Paris still worked there, once she was ousted. So why not Rory?

I've also been curious as to why any of the actors were surprised when they were cancelled - why they didn't get their goodbyes out of the way. Season seven, the whole thing, was written like a finale. I just don't know where the writers were expected to go next. Maybe I just don't have enough imagination, but Friday night dinners wouldn't be happening, unless Rory had a job in Hartford. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Anela said:

I've also been curious as to why any of the actors were surprised when they were cancelled - why they didn't get their goodbyes out of the way. Season seven, the whole thing, was written like a finale. I just don't know where the writers were expected to go next. Maybe I just don't have enough imagination, but Friday night dinners wouldn't be happening, unless Rory had a job in Hartford. 

I think they were surprised because the decision wasn't made until late spring. Until then they were still going back and forth. For all they knew a deal could still be struck or was being made. At the time of filming the last episode it still a 50/50 chance. Lauren Graham didn't know the show was canceled until her agent called her at the restaurant she was at. I think some of the cast found out from fans about the cancelation. Edward Herrmann found out I think in a video store when a clerk told him. The clerk assumed he knew.   

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2

While it’s fun dissecting Logan and Rory’s relationship, this thread is more for nitpicks like timelines, discontinuities, etc. Please take the Rory/Logan discussion elsewhere- the All Episode Thread or Rory/Logan Thread would be great places to start. Or if you feel your opinion is unpopular, there’s a thread for that too!

Thanks!

Thanks @deaja. I'll repost something from UO thread here since it's a nitpick.

Did Chris still live in Boston? We know he got a job there when he was with Sherry, and supposedly still when his father died since he was staying at his parents'. Did he move after that? Not long after he started the relationship with Lorelai and was in constant contact with Rory. Was he 2 hours away from SH? Did he drive 2 hours to go to Lane's wedding with Lorelai? Did he drive 2 hours every time they wanted to go on a date? What about GG? Was she staying for 6 hours with a nanny at night? And that's only considering the 4 hour drive round-trip plus two small hours for a date.

17 minutes ago, marineg said:

Did Chris still live in Boston?

I remember hearing in season 6 or 7 that Chris had moved to somewhere just outside Hartford.  Which would make sense, since he would be closer to his mom to help with Gigi.  I don't think it was mentioned on the show though, maybe in an article?  Towards the end of season 6 when Emily and Richard kept talking about him, had lunch with him and invited him to dinner it seemed like he must have been fairly close to Hartford.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Yeah, like @shron17 I remember it being canon that Chris had moved closer to Hartford after his father died, I just don't remember when/where we found that out.

That feels like an "important" information to leave out of the show but include it in an article or interview. I hate that ASP has no follow-up whatsoever in that show.

25 minutes ago, stan4 said:

How did Luke know where Christopher lived?

YES!

And can we talk about Max's 1000 daisies. I think that's what pisses me off the most when watching. Not only in the inn, but in S02E01 when they distribute to the whole town. SO MAD.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, marineg said:

YES!

And can we talk about Max's 1000 daisies. I think that's what pisses me off the most when watching. Not only in the inn, but in S02E01 when they distribute to the whole town. SO MAD.

Yes, yes, yes. That was way more than 1000!

1 hour ago, deaja said:

Yes, yes, yes. That was way more than 1000!

LOL.  Haven't we had to fanwank by now that it was a thousand pots of daisies rather than a thousand single flowers?  (Although the likelihood of a small town florist having that many of one flower even in stock is absurd anyway.)

30 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

LOL.  Haven't we had to fanwank by now that it was a thousand pots of daisies rather than a thousand single flowers?  (Although the likelihood of a small town florist having that many of one flower even in stock is absurd anyway.)

People have tried but I soundly reject that argument. After the emphasis on making sure it was 1000, surely if it was “1000 pots” that would have made it into the script. :)

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Yeah, that's not a plausible explanation. Here's the transcript:

MICHEL: Daisies no less. As if I would order these pitiful little things. Foul things, these daisies. And just a notch up from weeds. And look how many. I mean, there must be at least. . . LORELAI: A thousand of them. A thousand yellow daisies.
KIRK: That's right. There's exactly a thousand of them. The order states that there is to be exactly 1000. Not 1001, not 999, but 1000. You ask for 1000, I bring 1000. I don't question the orders. I merely fill them.

There is no mention of a 1000 pots. And that's far from romantic.

It just makes my blood boil...

• Love 1

And daisies aren't normally grown in pots.

The whole thing (in that dark mind of ASP) is, I suppose, supposed to be romantic.  I just comes across as wretched excess and over the top.

• Love 1
On 5/22/2018 at 5:42 PM, marineg said:

Oh, also, dropping out of a class mid-semester and not getting an F.

If you are referring to the class in "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais", the professor told her she still had a few days left in the add/drop period.  That's when you can drop a class with no penalty.  You'd have to make the required credits another semester, but you don't fail.  It does show up as a drop on your transcript, but doesn't hurt your GPA.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mrs. DuRona said:

If you are referring to the class in "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais", the professor told her she still had a few days left in the add/drop period.  That's when you can drop a class with no penalty.  You'd have to make the required credits another semester, but you don't fail.  It does show up as a drop on your transcript, but doesn't hurt your GPA.

It just feels like it was too far in.  We had 1 week to add/drop courses.  They don't usually give you enough time to see if you can get an A in it before you decide to drop it.

College was a long time ago and I thought maybe I was misremembering so I went to my college's website and looked at the calendar.  You have 3 days to drop/add and 3 weeks to withdraw. It still seems like they were further than that into the semester, but maybe I'm mistaken about that also.

Edited by Katy M
1 minute ago, Katy M said:

It just feels like it was too far in.  We had 1 week to add/drop courses. 

As did I. But it's the alternate universe of Gilmoreland where time has no dimensions.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

It just feels like it was too far in.  We had 1 week to add/drop courses.  They don't usually give you enough time to see if you can get an A in it before you decide to drop it.

College was a long time ago and I thought maybe I was misremembering so I went to my college's website and looked at the calendar.  You have 3 days to drop/add and 3 weeks to withdraw. It still seems like they were further than that into the semester, but maybe I'm mistaken about that also.

That's what I meant. I was in college not that long ago. And you don't have until the last week of classes to drop with getting an F. You can drop a class with no consequences for maybe a couple of weeks, and then for a couple of weeks more it's an incomplete, and they you can an F.