Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Lockdown

After returning from the horrors of Nicaragua, panic begins to spread throughout the ship when Lt. Danny Green comes down with a mysterious illness that could be the virus. Losing faith in Rachel and her failing vaccine trials, Chandler now has to deal with a restive crew. If he fails to keep the crew together, the whole mission is in jeopardy.

After returning from the horrors of Nicaragua, panic begins to spread throughout the ship when Lt. Danny Green comes down with a mysterious illness that could be the virus.

I'm going to make the call right now -- it's not the virus, it's some weird rare tropical disease they picked up on shore that looks like the virus.

Seriously, these people are just stupid -- everyone that came into close contact with people on the shore (including the monkeys) should have been quarantined for 3-5 days (the suspected incubation period of the virus).  But no, everyone is free to roam the around the ship -- you would think that anyone from CDC would know that's not the protocol for containment.  Just like when they picked up the CIA contractor -- despite what he said, they didn't know him and he could have been lying. He should have been put in quarantine as well.

I'm also curious where they are going now -- yet another conveniently placed unmanned service and supply station on an uninhabited island somewhere. Or back to that island they found with the fresh water and lots of fruit.

Losing faith in Rachel and her failing vaccine trials,

Seriously, they just got the monkeys last episode -- give Rachel some time.  Patience is a virtue in the vaccine development game.

Chandler now has to deal with a restive crew. If he fails to keep the crew together, the whole mission is in jeopardy.

Oh noes, the crew is bored and restless -- what will the Captain do ?  Get Julie the cruise director to setup shuffleboard tournaments on the Lido deck.  The end of the world SUCKS because there's nothing to do.  Plus, these dumbasses lost their last basketball overboard (and couldn't even take a RIB back to get it).  They need the Russian cruiser to show up again to keep them occupied.

• Love 1
(edited)
Collinwood, on 26 Jul 2014 - 12:15 AM, said:

If Lt. Green dies I think we should all at least pretend to be sad. 

NO!  Don't kill him!  He cute!  Kill Tex!  He annoys the shit out of me and I hate his hat.

Also, I'd like to see a storyline where Adam Baldwin dyes his hair.  The fact that his hair and Eric Dane's hair are practically the same makes me confused on who's who.

Edited by bmoore4026

NO!  Don't kill him!  He cute!  Kill Tex!  He annoys the shit out of me and I hate his hat.

Also, I'd like to see a storyline where Adam Baldwin dyes his hair.  The fact that his hair and Eric Dane's hair are practically the same makes me confused on who's who.

I don't have a problem differentiating Adam Baldwin from the other guy, but I have no idea who Green or Tex are without looking them up on IMDb. They both sound like red shirt names to me.
(edited)
shapeshifter, on 26 Jul 2014 - 11:10 PM, said:

I don't have a problem differentiating Adam Baldwin from the other guy, but I have no idea who Green or Tex are without looking them up on IMDb. They both sound like red shirt names to me.

That's another problem with this show: lack of character personality variety.  No one really stands out.  Everyone is either bitter, grizzled, grouchy, whiney, or a combination of the four.  I'll still watch, regardless.

So how many more episodes do you give before the captain and the doctor start getting hot and heavy with each other?

Edited by bmoore4026

That's another problem with this show: lack of character personality variety.  No one really stands out.  Everyone is either bitter, grizzled, grouchy, whiney, or a combination of the four.  

The fate of the ENTIRE PLANET is in their hands!!!!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Not to go all Maury Povich, but when it comes to Lt. Green, you ..... DO NOT ..... have the virus.

If you had Dengue fever in the disease lottery pool for Lt. Green, step forward and collect your prize.

The captain was a real dick this episode -- they just got back from Nicaragua (they were taking off their bloody clothes at the start of the episode) and he announces to the crew they are going home with a vaccine. And the crew goes Yay !!! Then a whole 2 days (2 days !!!! She is allowed to sleep occasionally) went by before Chandler started complaining about the lack of a vaccine, and the crew gets all testy about the lies.  Oh noes, the lies being spun by the Captain. What will we do about all the lies ?  Bloody hell !! At least Rachel was allowed to explain that it takes time to develop a vaccine to the crew.

If these 16 crewmen/crewwomen had their enlistments up 3 weeks previously, that would have been before they were attacked by the Russians in the icy north.  Do they really put people on ships whose enlistment expires during a deployment ?  Because that makes no sense at all.  And Bacon listening on every word Quinn the traitor said was just stupid, especially the part where Quinn was trying to convince them that he needed to go with them.

And it was no big surprise that they all re-upped at the end.  Where exactly were they going to go -- the mainland ?  Or back to Gitmo ? Or the mysterious uninhabited island ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
(edited)

Was Chandler suppose to be unlikable in this episode?  Because I thought he was a major asshole tonight.  First, while there were a lot of screw-ups, he really kick-started the entire damn thing, by announcing to the crew that Scott was already close to a cure, when that wasn't the case at all.  Way to get everyone hopes up, and be proven wrong, dude.  But, that was bad enough, but him acting like Scott was some kind of failure because of it, really made me dislike him.  Look, Chandler.  I'm no scientist, but even I'm pretty sure that making a vaccine isn't going to happen with ease, and there will probably be a lot of failures.  Quit being an asshole to the person who is trying to save the entire human race.

And, there was his scene with Foster.  Look, I get that you want to hold her responsible for her part in the fraternization and calling her out about endangering everyone by running in the hallway, is fine.  But, it really sounded like you were blaming her for Green slowing down that boat, and almost FUBAR-ing the coral reef plan.  Which, no, Chandler.  Save that for Green when he wakes up.  Don't be acting like Foster was at fault for Green not being able to keep his emotions in check.  In fact, you better damn well give him hell, because he was the one who volunteer to do it, once Foster was assigned, so he knowingly put themselves in that scenario, knowing he was emotionally attached.  But, why do I have the feeling nothing is going to come out of it?

All of the stuff involving the secrets and agitated crew, was by the number.  I knew the leaders being secretive was going to come back to bite them, and they would fess up.  And then the ones who wanted to leave would dramatically reveal they are staying aboard.  Moving on..

I was bummed that all Chandler did at the end, was take Quincy's chessboard away.  I was really hoping it was going to end with him doing that, and then Slattery arriving with a cigar in mouth, cracking his knuckles, and then the door shuts behind him.  Yeah, I'm at the point where I just want to see Adam Baldwin beat people up.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

The more I see of this show, the less I like it. It's going to take more than Eric Dane's professionally and carefully tailored camo uniform to keep me interested.  This entire episode made little sense to me.  Where the hell did those enlisted men think they would go?  What would be the point of leaving the ship when the rest of the world has gone to hell in a hand basket?  And Tex is getting on my last nerve.

• Love 1

Don't they teach people in the armed forces that the ENEMY can't be trusted?  He can play chess and yet he's a moron.

And like people said where the HELL  were they going to go?

You know what?  I wanted the Captain to BOOT those guys and laugh his butt off when they got the virus 5 minutes after leaving the ship because you know what they were?  TRAITORS.  

Under regular circumstances spies can be executed.  Under these circumstances feeding the traitor scientist and keeping him where he can influence people to mutiny is NOT necessary.  They should of hanged him already.

Chandler decided to be ridiculous.  Pathetic.  "What if you're wrong?"  Seriously?!!!!  Setting quarantine when they are all dead anyway if dude has the virus?  Total breakdown of morale from here on out.  What a joke.  This would never have happened.   And nooooow, he gives the lovers hell for fraternizing after what he just pulled for dengue fever?   Duty, captain?  That's a good one.  Oooooh, another good one....you killed for whoooooo?  The story editor is making a real run at a raspberry award.  

Cap is correct about one thing:  It is only a matter of time before he unalterably loses them all.

Chess dude getting turned by the russke?   Riiiiiight.

The re-enlistment ceremony brought tears, though.  We are so blessed to have our sailors - and all who came before who swore that oath.

• Love 2

So how many more episodes do you give before the captain and the doctor start getting hot and heavy with each other?

That's pretty much what I'm here for, and it's taking soooooo long!  I wish the captain had gotten confirmation that his wife was toast in the first episode, so that he'd be well through the grieving process by now and ready for some end-of-the-world rebounding.  

Else I guess I'm going to have to wait til the crew if finally the last group of people standing, and captain and doctor have to do the sex to help repopulate the earth.  That means I'm going to have to wait til season TWO probably! 

• Love 4
(edited)

I really wish the captain had just said fine and immediately put those who wanted off  on their own.  You want out?  Great, nah, we won't make you stay here until we find an island.  See ya.  And, as mentioned above, where did they actually think they would go?  To waterfall island?  Yes, the captain would have given them some food although it would have been a stupid decision to do so.  If they left, his responsibility would be to those who continued to be his crew-and he would need all the food he could get.  I hated the 'I did the math and figured out how much you're owed-so take a boat, etc.'.  No, you tell them that the Navy will be responsible for cutting a check for them, so it shouldn't be too long....Nobody else was getting paid.  And, as captain, why would he give away one of the small crafts that they obviously have already been using and would need in the future?  If he wanted to be nice, just drop them off at their next stop.

And, everyone should be quarantined every time they return from a 'mission'.

As the captain, his responsibility is to his ship, his crew and his mission.  If the mission is to 'save the world' (no pressure....) then that's the mission.  To engage in all of this other nonsense is potentially endangering the mission, his ship and his crew.  If the scientists says one thing and it may endanger his crew, then he needs to act according to what will protect his crew.  Yes, put the suits on and so what if she's all upset that he doesn't trust her.  I couldn't believe that-he needs to protect his crew.  Hurt feelings?  Really don't matter.

Edited by seacliffsal
(edited)

For the 16 who wanted off of the ship - where do you expect to go? Most people are dead, the virus is airborne, people are going to / have rioted and there is no more social order or rules or government or law to keep the masses in check. I thought it telling with those recordings of the people that Chandler played. One was "We are running out of food", one was "we have no hope" and one I think mentioned fighting or something. That alone would convince me to stay. You are better off in the floating tin can. However, I can see the people getting a bit antsy.

I will cop to commenting that I thought that Chandler should have been more open. People (even military) need information in times like this, because without it, they work themselves up into a frenzy. Then he gave his little speech.

I do expect a little more mental strength from these military people though. I expect the average person to lose it, but not a highly trained, disciplined navy personal on a warship/destroyer who face high pressure battle situations. One or two cracking, maybe. But not 16.

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Love 1

I saw the live monkeys in cages and immediately hit delete.

I'm done. No need to exploit monkeys or put them through a single minute of fear or discomfort for this unremarkable show.

I get that the Navy has rules and regulations regarding fraternizing and all, but seriously?  Like half the planet is dead, many of the crew will probably have no family to go home to, and the US government is in shambles so who cares anymore?  Punish the two for nearly messing up the plan in the Russian ship episode (which was pretty much ALL Danny's fault, but whatever), keep them off of the same missions, warn them to be discrete, and then look the other way.  It just seems like there are bigger problems to worry about right now.  Pretty sure more crew members will be "fraternizing" once they figure out that they aren't going home for quite a while and that even when they do get home, the dating pool will be seriously limited.

By all means dump the bodies of those virus infected+failed vaccine monkeys overboard.  What's the worst that could happen?  I mean hazardous material like that never washes up on shores anywhere, right?  Great way to create yet another strain of the virus or perhaps infect other species.  What a giant FU to the remaining human race.

• Love 4
I'm having technical problems and can't write anything unless I put it it quotes so this may look wierd.

Like I said before personally I wold have liked the Captain to maroon these goofballs but on another track....in war can't your enlistment be extended?  And given what happend with the Russians and general anarchy aren't they kind of at war? 

You know I don't think it's the Captain's style but Kiel Hauling the spy is something I could see other Captains in his place doing but it would be a sign of mental instability so I'm glad he didn't go that way.  OTOH the hanging thing I mentioned is totally warranted.  That guy tried to kidnap the scientist and thratened to open the virus vial and kill them all.  He is STILL a threat since apparently they recruit to the Navy from the short bus.  Reminds me of the morons that canonized Baltar on Galactica but at least that guy was more subtle and was getting help from Head 6.  Apparently this crew could be mezmerized by shiny keys being jangeld in thier faces.  

I'm actually sorry for the REAL Navy people for being portrayed so poorly.  As  a minority I know what is like to have images of your group on a tv show that are insulting so I empathize.  To any real people who serve keep your chins up.  A least your character isn't being asasinated to the level that the FBI was on the Following.  But only because NOTHING asasinated the character of a group as much as The Following. 

I think renewing this show was a mistake, but then again I'm not a network executive. Knowing that the plot will not be wrapped up by the end of episode 10 makes me less likely to continue watching.

• Love 1
(edited)

Do they really put people on ships whose enlistment expires during a deployment ?  Because that makes no sense at all.

The original deployment would have had them home in plenty of time to separate.  Then, they were extended.  Then, the world ended.

So, now that Chandler has become transparent, what move does he have left?   From here on out, crew will question everything and demand answers, instead of just doing what they are told.  This is a check TPTB can never cash.  I hate it.  

I hope Ruskov is enjoying his time in Gitmo as he fixes his ship.  

Which port do y'all think Chandler will be trying for?  I say Norfolk.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1
Which port do y'all think Chandler will be trying for?  I say Norfolk.

I'd guess they would probably stop at Key West first before proceeding to Norfolk -- it's pretty isolated compared to the mainland, and there are not one but two military bases there (a naval station and a large naval air station), so they should be able to get fuel, food and supplies (they still are badly in need of spare fuses since they used that last one in the pilot).

Nothing much to add here ,except for a Navy question.  The lLieutenant suggested her punishment should be "six weeks port and six weeks starboard", which the Captain downgraded.  Somebody define that term, please.

Random questions/thoughts:

-Is Chandler's rank a Captain or a Commander and if Chandler is a Commander is he equal in rank to Slattery?

-Why did they take the mercenary guy onto the ship with them? He's so creepy and stalkerish with Dr. Scott (each time I hear her name I think of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.)  I don't care for his character at all and he gives me the creeps.  Were they somehow able to check his background or did they just blindly trust him?

-So, in non military speak, what was the punishment for the girlfriend of the sick SEAL? I didn't

understand that at all.  

-Am I the only one who felt bad for the monkeys.  They were so cute and it was so sad to see them bleeding out from the disease.  Sniff...

-Why wouldn't Slattery eat his meal (did he not like the cook...I didn't catch that part) 

-The show, so far, is nothing like the book.  Some parts of the book will be awfully weird if they go there (repopulating planet and sharing a submarine with russians...ugh...)

-Cannot stand:  Creepy Mercenary Stalker dude and Creepy British Scientist/Traitor with bad teeth and whiny Navy Seal/Dengue Fever dude (annoying)  In "El Toro" when he was standing next to Slattery he looked like Justin Beiber he was so tiny and non Seal'ish.  Just saying...

-What does the crew do for fun? It's so serious, don't they need some time to do something besides meet in the galley at the drink machine?  

• Love 1

Chandler is a Commander and is the highest ranking officer.  So, he is the "Captain" of the ship.  Most "Captains" are actually lower in rank than the title would suggest.

My guess as to Tex is that he saved their bacon and can obviously handle himself.  Chandler didn't want him to die alone on Gitmo and believed he may be proven useful.

If so much as a hair on any of those monkeys was actually harmed, I'd be floored.  It would have been all over social media by now.  As for actual animal suffering?  I'm with you.  It totally gets to me.

Slattery's "food strike" is beyond me, as well.  I suppose we'll find out what that deal is.

"Fun" on a ship of that size would be difficult to come by, excepting video/computer games and social media contacts.  Sea duty is no joke.

I think Slattery's "food strike" was done because it was still fresh in his mind how nasty it was eating monkey meat at El Toro's place. Hence, his comment about becoming a vegetarian.

I was thinking that as a possible explanation too...and what about being served five months' frozen meat? Wouldn't taste good anyway...

This show is sort of lousy but I'm still all in. At first I blamed it on my Adam Baldwin love but I think I'll add a showering Eric Dane to the mix. If the world's ending I might as well stay in the shallows where the water is hot & steamy.

Creepy Mercenary didn't bother me as much this episode. When SEAL went done & everyone panicked Creepy Mercenary keep his crap together & actually seemed concerned for the guy. I'm fine with his attempted romance of Doc Savior. His attitude of not taking anything too seriously is a welcome balance to her all drama all the time.

Would someone please throw Russian Spy Doc overboard? Just bag him as hazardous waste & be done with it. I thought his attempts to persuade Big Chess Dude were lame & stupid but of course Big Chess Dude fell for it since the plot needed it.

After writing all this I've realized I do not know a single character's name on this show. It's not particularly bothering me, but it might not be a high point for the show.

• Love 2

Nothing much to add here ,except for a Navy question.  The lLieutenant suggested her punishment should be "six weeks port and six weeks starboard", which the Captain downgraded.  Somebody define that term, please.

I'm not a Navy person, but I think she was talking about working twice her normal hours. In a two watch system, the two teams are typically called "port" and "starboard" and watch responsibility alternates between teams. She would temporarily be on both teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchstanding#Watch_systems

She also said 6 and 6, which I'm guessing means six hours duty and six hours rest then six on duty etc. Basically a grueling schedule.

• Love 1

Another seat at the table for waving good-bye to those willing to abandon their ship and shipmates, please.  It's the end of the freaking world and there is nowhere to go but these guys think they stand a chance?  Fine.  Your enlistment is up so no more Navy resources for you.  Hope you can swim.  The whole chess thing makes sense now.  They could have played Snakes And Ladders but then we would have missed out on the metaphor as the prisoner guides Bacon practically into mutiny.  Has nobody heard of psych ops?  Could Bacon not feel the blatant manipulation?  Total pawn.  Aren't chess players supposed to be able to read their opponent's strategy and counter it?

I realize the rules on fraternization exist for good reasons, but I think the situation has eroded those reasons.  People bond during crises and it's better to have a plan in place to deal with it than to outright insist it can't happen.  I think Chandler was right in that he is holding Green responsible for the close call on the sub mission and Foster for coming to the infirmary, but I don't think he can demand they don't see each other because of rules.  Green and Foster have already tried that and it isn't working.  He isn't over her and is still distracted; she's not over him either.  Let them be together on their time off and on separate assignments otherwise.

Tex is growing on me too.  The show is appropriately grim but I like that the writers are taking time to add in some humour.  Tex teasing Green was cute, and his interest in Scott appears genuine and counters her intensity.

Was anyone having flashbacks to a Star Trek Voyager episode when something similar was offered to the Voyager crew?  Except the Voyager crew had a place to go. The enlisted officers here, as many have said, had nowhere to go. This show is a summer show for me. One I will watch until my Sunday nights gets busy again with other t.v. pursuits. I try not to overthink this show anyway but really how are they going to extend the show next season?

(edited)

I hope the mandatory mutiny plot is done for the season. It's so tediously predictable. Show about ship = minimum of one mutiny plot per season. Damn pity they don't make CBR suits to keep the crew from getting infected with The Stupid.

Edited by Gel
  • Love 1
(edited)
Was anyone having flashbacks to a Star Trek Voyager episode when something similar was offered to the Voyager crew?  Except the Voyager crew had a place to go.

I thought the exact same thing -- what other comparisons from Voyager can be made:

• military vessel on its own in hostile territory -- check (infected world vs. Delta quadrant)
  • pick up a helpful bystander along their travels -- check (Tex might as well be called Neelix)
  • long term overall mission to drive plot forward each week -- check (save the world vs. get this ship home)
  • chased by hostiles who want something from then -- check (Russians chasing them for vaccine vs. Kazon wanting technology/Vidiians wanting them for body parts)
  • mildly critical XO who doesn't always agree with the captain -- check (Slattery vs. Chakotay)
  • saboteur/traitor on board -- check (Quinn vs. Ceska)

So yeah, it's a lot similar to Voyager.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I love the Star Trek parallel.  Chandler is Picard/Janeway, Slattery is Riker/Chakotay, Whiny Navy Seal guy is Wesley Crusher, Dr. Scott is Dr. Crusher etc. etc.  It would be fun if Chandler just starts calling Slattery "Number One" and asking him to come to his ready room for discussions.   I really need to learn the names of the crew....I like this show but it's a bit stiff right now.  I'm hoping we'll learn more about the characters and their personalities (especially Slattery's..yum!) Glad it's coming back for a second year.

One last question:  Up thread someone answered my question about Chandler being a Commander, not a Captain.  Does that mean he and Slattery are the same rank?

That's another problem with this show: lack of character personality variety.

They've done a good job defining the Captain, the XO, the female doctor, the Russian Spy/Saboteur, and the guy they picked up at Gitmo. Beyond that, yeah, there are too many generic supporting characters. I couldn't pick any one of them out of a lineup except maybe Danny. Even Foster, every time I see her I don't know who she is.

And, as mentioned above, where did they actually think they would go?

No kidding. Their best hope for survival is the scientist lady aboard the ship developing the vaccine. Wouldn't you want to stay close to that? Who do you think is going to be the first ones to get the vaccine? The people on this ship of course.

I just can't see this show going past one season. Season after season of these people being stuck on a ship trying to develop a vaccine? How long can you drag something like this out?

The show really can't have too many episodes like this one if they want to continue.  Usually the complaints can be made into positives (like the dumb Russian plot which was actually awesome military porn).  But there were just so many negatives this episode.  I hope this was just a blip and the rest of the episodes come remain fun because without that high action fun, there's no way I can overlook the terrible plot.  

One last question:  Up thread someone answered my question about Chandler being a Commander, not a Captain.  Does that mean he and Slattery are the same rank?

Yup, they are both commanders.  Same rank insignia.  I thought it was a little odd when I first saw it, not unheard of, just odd.  I've wondered if it will have some plot purpose in the future, with Slattery rebelling or something.  

I love the Star Trek parallel. Chandler is Picard/Janeway, Slattery is Riker/Chakotay, Whiny Navy Seal guy is Wesley Crusher, Dr. Scott is Dr. Crusher etc. etc. It would be fun if Chandler just starts calling Slattery "Number One" and asking him to come to his ready room for discussions. I really need to learn the names of the crew....I like this show but it's a bit stiff right now. I'm hoping we'll learn more about the characters and their personalities (especially Slattery's..yum!) Glad it's coming back for a second year.

One last question: Up thread someone answered my question about Chandler being a Commander, not a Captain. Does that mean he and Slattery are the same rank?

Unlike Trek and a lot of space operas where there is only one Captain per ship there was rank inflation in the USN a generation ago and the XO who is in line for the next open command is usually the same rank as the Captain

I really wish the captain had just said fine and immediately put those who wanted off  on their own.  You want out?  Great, nah, we won't make you stay here until we find an island.  See ya.  And, as mentioned above, where did they actually think they would go?  

This was another failure of the writing staff. Wanting to return home to die when confronted with the reality of the apocalypse is a pretty common theme. The original book, On the Beach, The Day After all used it. Somehow this show portrayed the situation not as a personal surrender in the face of overwhelmingly negative odds, but as a routine bureaucratic matter.

This was another failure of the writing staff. Wanting to return home to die when confronted with the reality of the apocalypse is a pretty common theme. The original book, On the Beach, The Day After all used it. Somehow this show portrayed the situation not as a personal surrender in the face of overwhelmingly negative odds, but as a routine bureaucratic matter

The thing is that in those books people DID want to go home and die.  The way this was written and presented in no way (in my opinion) coveyed that idea.  Dumb Chess guy and the rest of the Moron 16 SEEMED to be laboring under the REDICULOUS impression that the ship was a risky place to be and that they'd LIVE if they left.  British Traitor guy specifically said that the ship was dangerous and posited that if they took HIM with them they'd all be fine and dandy, leaving those other poor suckers to die on the ship.  They were so dumb that it bordered on the delusional. 

Under regular circumstances spies can be executed.  Under these circumstances feeding the traitor scientist and keeping him where he can influence people to mutiny is NOT necessary.  They should of hanged him already.

I suspect they don't want to do that because he might be of use to Dr. Scott.  She did need him for whatever he did after bargaining for the chess games, so maybe she'd need him again.

Tex is growing on me too.  The show is appropriately grim but I like that the writers are taking time to add in some humour.  Tex teasing Green was cute, and his interest in Scott appears genuine and counters her intensity.

Tex will end up being the baddest of bad guys evah. His best scene so far was him watching McHale's Navy in his quarters.

They were so dumb that it bordered on the delusional. 

It is television, after all, and the characters sometimes reflect the audience they're trying to reach.

At this point the only thing Brit Traitor would be good for is being the first human subject after they get a good response from a monkey.  And he's not only so evil but so irritating that I'd consider capping him if the vaccine worked and made him immune to the virus.  Come to think of it if the vaccine made him immune Professor Evil would probably release the virus after all since screwing over the good guys seems to be his only function so they really would have to kill him then. 

(edited)

At this point the only thing Brit Traitor would be good for is being the first human subject after they get a good response from a monkey.  And he's not only so evil but so irritating that I'd consider capping him if the vaccine worked and made him immune to the virus.  Come to think of it if the vaccine made him immune Professor Evil would probably release the virus after all since screwing over the good guys seems to be his only function so they really would have to kill him then. 

..And here comes 2016 summer season's TV series "The last traitor"....

I hate his character loads too...But then it's TV...  Evil Professors always get the story going....

Edited by ttgreif

One thing that occurred to me.  When the lockdown was ordered, the one female crewmember rushes to the lounge to be with boyfriend crewmember, she seems to automatically know he's in trouble.  But other people on the ship are speculating that the lockdown was due to the doctor's vaccination testing.  So how did the female crewmember know what was going on and other's didn't?

I just watched this episode. I debated about dropping the show. I "signed on" (military jargon joke) for Adam Baldwin, who has been so uncharacteristically boring in this show that I forgot he was in it when I debated about spending an hour watching. Then I thought of John Pyper Ferguson's Tex and thought, "WTH. Sure. I'll give it another shot." He did not disappoint with his pep talk to his lady love. Chess loving doctor really doesn't have people skills, does he?

By all means dump the bodies of those virus infected+failed vaccine monkeys overboard.  What's the worst that could happen?  I mean hazardous material like that never washes up on shores anywhere, right?  Great way to create yet another strain of the virus or perhaps infect other species.  What a giant FU to the remaining human race.

This was the only plot point that was a total WTF for me. I assumed when he asked her what they were going to do with the dead monkeys that she would have said to burn them. IDK. Do ships have incinerators?

I thought the captain was going to tell the fraternizing female soldier to show up at zero nine hundred with her bf for a wedding ceremony and then go forth and mulitply, but given what happened on their almost screwed up mission, I can see why he didn't go there yet. Plus, a baby on the ship might be more trouble than anything. It would be a potential hostage for whom many would likely give up the whole shebang if/when they encounter the next big bad.

This was the only plot point that was a total WTF for me. I assumed when he asked her what they were going to do with the dead monkeys that she would have said to burn them. IDK. Do ships have incinerators?

Probably nothing adequate for this purpose, but they should have been able to rig up something on deck sufficient to at least roast the bodies to a high enough temperature to be safe to dump.