Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Sandwich Between Us

snarts
  • Start Topic

While the cold war between Luke and Hannah shows no signs of warming, Lindsay wonders if she is actually the priority in her relationship with Stephen. The housemates plan a nice family dinner to get back on track, but even the best laid plans have a way of devolving into chaos, leaving the house divided.

Air Date: 02/18/2021

• Love 2
3 hours ago, snarts said:

The housemates plan a nice family dinner to get back on track, but even the best laid plans have a way of devolving into chaos, leaving the house divided.

One can only imagine the multiple toaster ovens played a role in this. I'm sure Sonja Morgan was nearby. Couple of Covid tests and that's a crossover I would have thoroughly enjoyed.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

When Luke and Hannah were talking/fighting:  I'm pretty sure Luke's recollection of the last season was correct.  Hannah and Luke would be on the same page and she'd be so cool with it, and then she'd get with the girls and portray it a different way - enough so that the girls would be pissed on her behalf.  They are both asses.

• Love 12

I understand that Hannah has never had sex with Luke. I understood this all last summer because she often said that. But this time around I learned that she's been giving oral sex and I have to question why any woman would give a man oral sex if he does not want to commit to an actual relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with casual sex (safe sex) but no way will I engage in anything oral if it's not a mutual situation, but more importantly, I'd save that for a committed relationship especially so I can see my man's daily hygienic  routine. (If you get my drift)

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 10

Just me, or did Luke get way less attractive? I thought it was the godawful beard but it's gone & I'm still not feeling him.  Meanwhile, Carl's had a serious glow up. 

Ok, I hope Hannah moves on. I get serious secondary embarrassment watching her go on & on about this imaginary relationship. You guys were friends, you blew him twice, that's it.

Kyle & Amanda were cute on WWHL.

I'm bummed Lindsey dragged Steven along, the house could really use another single guy instead. 

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I understand that Hannah has never had sex with Luke. I understood this all last summer because she often said that. But this time around I learned that she's been giving oral sex and I have to question why any woman would give a man oral sex if he does not want to commit to an actual relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with casual sex (safe sex) but no way will I engage in anything oral if it's not a mutual situation, but more importantly, I'd save that for a committed relationship especially so I can see my man's daily hygienic  routine. (If you get my drift)

I've never forgotten how Luke said he does absolutely no personal grooming down there, which - and I know mileage varies on this - but for me that is a major no-go with a guy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m going with Luke’s recollection of last summer as well and didn’t Hannah have a boyfriend?? But Luke also stinks because he keeps using his ex as an excuse which is bullshit. He shouldn’t be testing the water with anyone if he’s not over his ex. Which I kinda don’t think he is.

Lindsay’s a jerk. I’m really impressed with Stephen’s work ethic and she should be more supportive of him. Dude has to work. It’s 6 weeks in a house. He made the sacrifice to join you at your “job”. Chill. Make the man a sandwich. Say thank you. And let him speak.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 8

I don't understand Lindsey. We're in the middle of a pandemic and Steven is working his butt off. She should be thrilled for him that he is able to maintain a job in this climate. But instead she's complaining because he's working and not all over her. I don't understand her at all. I thought she was 35- she should be done with these games. Poor gal is going to end up alone.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

Hannah's crazy, Luke's stupid.

Kyle & Amanda are like the east coast Tom & Arianna on WWHL!  Except not as cool.

I was surprised at how self-centered Paige is re: her job as a so-called influencer. A lot of her wardrobe choices are questionable, but what do I know?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

OK, Steve seems like a massive dick.

STOP SAYING "I CAME HERE TO SUPPORT YOU".

I can't believe this, but I'm actually team Lindsay here.  God help me.

Not me. Clearly Lindsey asked him to come so that she wasn't on her own with this Motley Crue. I bet he told her he had to work, but he would like to be present to support her, and she probably answered that it didn't matter if he had to work. He could work up there.

4 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

When Luke and Hannah were talking/fighting:  I'm pretty sure Luke's recollection of the last season was correct.  Hannah and Luke would be on the same page and she'd be so cool with it, and then she'd get with the girls and portray it a different way - enough so that the girls would be pissed on her behalf.  They are both asses.

They both enjoy playing games.

• Love 11

Hannah discussed Luke ejaculating in her mouth on WWHL and for once Andy actually looked kind of grossed out and not thrilled by her disclosure.  She was oblivious to his reaction.  I do not get the attraction to Hannah.  She just looks dirty to me.  Of course, I don’t think Luke is all that either.  

Kyle and Amanda were actually very cute on WWHL last night.  

I’m rooting for Carl.  I recently took a step back from alcohol.  I wasn’t a belligerent drunk, but it had definitely become far too important in my life.  My goal was to step away and see if I could only drink occasionally as opposed to 3 glasses a night.  I can’t imagine how hard it would be to be sober in the environment that Carl is in.  

• Love 8

Hannah just needs to move on and realize he just doesn't like her as much as she thinks he does. I honestly think she never really had a chance with Luke (he seems very shallow) and that he has just been stringing her along until someone better came along.  I think a lot of us have been in a similar situation where we were far more invested in a relationship than the other person and it does hurt to find out they didn't feel the same way we felt about them. Luckily we didn't have it all played out on TV for all the world to see!

• Love 9
9 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Hannah discussed Luke ejaculating in her mouth on WWHL and for once Andy actually looked kind of grossed out and not thrilled by her disclosure.  She was oblivious to his reaction.  I do not get the attraction to Hannah.  She just looks dirty to me.  Of course, I don’t think Luke is all that either.  

Kyle and Amanda were actually very cute on WWHL last night.  

I’m rooting for Carl.  I recently took a step back from alcohol.  I wasn’t a belligerent drunk, but it had definitely become far too important in my life.  My goal was to step away and see if I could only drink occasionally as opposed to 3 glasses a night.  I can’t imagine how hard it would be to be sober in the environment that Carl is in.  

Ha! She does look dirty and extremely unkempt, especially in comparison to the other girls. Much has been said about the ejaculation--as I recall, he returned the favor at least once for all to hear. 

Ciara might need another 6 weeks vacay after spending time with this lot.

Glad Kyle and Amanda are doing well.

I kind of like Paige's snark. Wonder how much money she actually earns with her influencing. The clothes aren't for me, but then again, I'm far from 25 but would like some of them if I was her age.

Hannah and Lindsay both need to chill, Their on-screen behavior is a definite man repellent.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Did anyone else question themselves while watching this week's episode? After all that arguing about making a sandwich and Lindsey screaming at Stephen asking him when he made her a sandwich, I was like WHY am I watching this??? And yet I continued to watch... 🤔

I feel this way every time I watch this show and always have. I find none of these people at all appealing or interesting. Yet here I am. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, politichick said:

I kind of like Paige's snark. Wonder how much money she actually earns with her influencing. The clothes aren't for me, but then again, I'm far from 25 but would like some of them if I was her age.

We saw Paige bringing racks of clothes in when she moved in. Are those clothes free in exchange for her wearing and posting them on Instagram? I have read (on other threads so I don’t know how reliable the sources are) that these influencers can make big bucks. I’m assuming that the summer house that they are living in is comped, so what does it cost to be her? She has her original apt in NYC, plus food, phone, utilities, and going out for drinks in NYC isn’t cheap. I hope she is filling up her savings account. She does have a great figure and I think she does a decent job of modeling those outfits. She even has that tripod that her camera goes in for extra lighting and getting the best angles. If I was young, pretty and offered a job like that I’d do it in a heartbeat. My concern is that looks only last so long and keeping up with looking youthful can be expensive (Botox, filler, facials, mani-pedis, and eventually surgery). I hope she has a degree and brain to fall back on when this is no longer lucrative. 
    Hmmm...is her boyfriend Perry going to make an appearance this season? I think she was a bit randy on one of the seasons. I hope she doesn’t stray and mess their relationship up. Some of these girls are getting older (Im looking at you Lindsay) and their priorities in life are changing from being a party girl to wanting to be a wife and mother. They are getting long in the tooth for the scene. 
   Hannah and Luke, please don’t even start. You two seem toxic together. 

• Love 2
On 2/19/2021 at 5:52 PM, Chalby said:

I don't understand Lindsey. We're in the middle of a pandemic and Steven is working his butt off. She should be thrilled for him that he is able to maintain a job in this climate. But instead she's complaining because he's working and not all over her. I don't understand her at all. I thought she was 35- she should be done with these games. Poor gal is going to end up alone.

This is the downside of working from 'home'.  You are physically present at home, but you are actually working, so if someone is doing that, then just assume that they're not available to you from 9am-5pm, except maybe the 20-30 minutes they might take for lunch.  As someone who is supposed to be a business-owner of a PR firm, why is she pissy about that??  What is unclear about an adult who is working?  Would you prefer to be with someone who is unemployed, unmotivated and mooching off you???

When my friend was working from home (pre-2020) during the school holidays, he would tell his daughter that "Daddy needs to do work with other grown-ups" during the afternoon and she just said "Okay Daddy, you do your work." and played by herself, or played with some kids from across the street.  This was when she was FIVE years old, and she understood that her father was working!!!

Lindsay will never stop playing the my-mother-abandoned-me card and shit-testing every single guy she comes across.  Of course it's shitty to be abandoned by your mother and would hurt like hell to know that she went to have children with someone else.  But you're in your mid-30s and you can't use that anymore.  I know I'm taking this personally and getting unnecessarily worked up because I was also abandoned and neglected by my mother, but I did not have a father who was wonderful like Lindsay's, and I sure as hell did not have a fricking amazing aunt who became like a mother to me.  So STFU FFS.  Get your shit together and grow tf up.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:59 PM, Chalby said:

I was surprised at how self-centered Paige is re: her job as a so-called influencer. A lot of her wardrobe choices are questionable, but what do I know?

Actually, you know a lot more than you think!  I'm sure you'd be able to spot someone who is nicely dressed and well put together, which has absolutely nothing to do with wearing designer outfits or what is considered to be trendy.  But I think you're mocking the whole 'influencer' thing 😆

On 2/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, politichick said:

Ha! She does look dirty and extremely unkempt, especially in comparison to the other girls. Much has been said about the ejaculation--as I recall, he returned the favor at least once for all to hear. 

So, she's a squirter??  Sorry, couldn't help it.  It reminded me of Dr. Harris (Jennifer Aniston) from Horrible Bosses who endlessly sexually harrassed her employee and would say stuff like "I fingered myself so hard, I almost broke a nail... I'm a squirter, Dale!!"

On 2/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, TeeMo said:

I feel this way every time I watch this show and always have. I find none of these people at all appealing or interesting. Yet here I am. 😂

It's the residual effect of 2020 and the amount of hate-watching we all did in order to survive.

• Love 3

I still think Hannah and Luke are both causing this. I think Hannah is being histrionic, but I also do think Luke gave her just enough attention to stop her from abandoning their little game all together. Even Cierra seems to think they’re some truth in Hannah’s version of events. Although I wonder how long everyone is going to support Hannah ending every night in tears. I’m curious about what happens with Hannah and Amanda next episode. 

Other than that, I got nothing on Kyle and Amanda.

I like Paige and think she’s good at social media fashion journalism and is probably good at being an influencer. Oddly though I really dislike her style. It comes across as very fussy to me. Toomany matchy-matchy looks and statement pieces. It looks costumey and a little on the discount side.

Carl is having a great season and I’m happy for him, as I would be anyone who works on self-improvement. But I reserve judgment on his new lief until his maybe romance with Paige comes up. Let’s see if he’s given up his grossly misogynistic views of female sexuality.

My suspicion is that Lindsey and Steve are both assholes. Lindsey is freaking out over not being the center of attention 24 hours a day, but the way Steve asked for the sandwich had a asshole polish on it. My biggest takeaway is that OF COURSE Lindsey is a fan of relationship self-help books. Of course she is.

Danielle continues to be barely involved until she wanders on screen looking STUNNING! Seriously, Danielle looks so good this season. Is it just me or did she stealth become the best looking of the old cast?   

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9
On 2/19/2021 at 1:02 AM, Chalby said:

Clearly Lindsey asked him to come so that she wasn't on her own with this Motley Crue. I bet he told her he had to work, but he would like to be present to support her, and she probably answered that it didn't matter if he had to work. He could work up there.

At the same time, his work schedule is 24/7, apparently.  I am of the opinion that, if you are working that many hours, you are in over your head and not very good at your job or your employer is taking significant advantage of you, which will mean nothing when the company is restructured and your job is made redundant.  It is not remarkable in a positive way to be continually tied to one’s laptop and I say that as a 25+ year consultant.  

Lindsey does have a reasonable expectation of his engagement in what’s going on in the house.  Otherwise he is just hiding and not respecting Lindsey at all.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2021 at 7:37 AM, AttackTurtle said:

I do not get the attraction to Hannah.  She just looks dirty to me.  Of course, I don’t think Luke is all that either.  

Hannah's gross! Ciera is stunning! 

• Love 7

On 2/21/2021 at 12:23 AM, Mindthinkr said:

We saw Paige bringing racks of clothes in when she moved in. Are those clothes free in exchange for her wearing and posting them on Instagram? I have read (on other threads so I don’t know how reliable the sources are) that these influencers can make big bucks. My concern is that looks only last so long and keeping up with looking youthful can be expensive (Botox, filler, facials, mani-pedis, and eventually surgery). I hope she has a degree and brain to fall back on when this is no longer lucrative. 

That's the thing about these 'influencers' - it's a very very very short-lived 'career' and while the money they make at the beginning is a lot, they need to remember that, that money most likely needs to last 20 years.  But of course they never think about that and spend like that's their weekly income for the next 40 years.  They spend as soon as they make the money, so you're right, they definitely need to be able to do something else when it all stops.  If she's smart with her money, she can make enough to last awhile and she'll probably marry some rich guy anyway, so really, the money just needs to last a few years.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:51 AM, FozzyBear said:

My suspicion is that Lindsey and Steve are both assholes. Lindsey is freaking out over not being the center of attention 24 hours a day, but the way Steve asked for the sandwich had a asshole polish on it. My biggest takeaway is that OF COURSE Lindsey is a fan of relationship self-help books. Of course she is.

But is she actually taking any advice from the books?  She doesn't seem any different from the previous seasons.  She is fricking exhauuuuuuuuusting!!!  I would hate to be around her and wouldn't even want her as a co-worker.  She's an energy sucker and an emotional vampire.  She has no control of her temper.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

But is she actually taking any advice from the books?  She doesn't seem any different from the previous seasons.  She is fricking exhauuuuuuuuusting!!!  I would hate to be around her and wouldn't even want her as a co-worker.  She's an energy sucker and an emotional vampire.  She has no control of her temper.

When I read the bolded part, it reminded me of the first season (i think?) where she was roommates with Christina, and she wanted to use their apartment as her work office and bring in her employees. She was pretty shitty to Christina and making her look like the bad guy but I was kind of Christina's side, I mean they were both paying rent so she should have a say in it. She always has been unreasonable and argumentative. I still am entertained by her on tv, but I'm with you and wouldn't want to be around someone like that. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

When I read the bolded part, it reminded me of the first season (i think?) where she was roommates with Christina, and she wanted to use their apartment as her work office and bring in her employees. She was pretty shitty to Christina and making her look like the bad guy but I was kind of Christina's side, I mean they were both paying rent so she should have a say in it. She always has been unreasonable and argumentative. I still am entertained by her on tv, but I'm with you and wouldn't want to be around someone like that. 

I didn't like Christina at all, but I did laugh when Lindsay told her that she was being jealous of her and her relationship with Everett.  Oh yeah, I'm sure every woman was drooling all over you two, wishing that we could have your relationship!!  How is someone like that in PR???  She has zero people skills!  Lindsay just does whatever the hell she wants, whenever she want to without any regard for anyone else.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, christmaslights said:

why would she keep bragging about this.  doesn't she have parents? normal people don't say this.

let it go and pretend it didn't happen, he is.

if i were her i would die to think i took care of him but he's so selfish he didn't take care of her,  it's definitely not something to brag about

• Love 2
On 2/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, MissFeatherbottom said:

I kind of saw both of their sides. As a homebody, it would be a major inconvenience if my roommate suddenly decided to bring their gaggle of interns into the apartment (especially if she was typically self-involved). On the other hand, Lindsay was in an emergency situation and was literally asking for one day with the interns at the apartment - Christina could have been a bit more flexible/forgiving.

• Love 1
On 2/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, Chalby said:

I understand that Hannah has never had sex with Luke. I understood this all last summer because she often said that. But this time around I learned that she's been giving oral sex and I have to question why any woman would give a man oral sex if he does not want to commit to an actual relationship. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with casual sex (safe sex) but no way will I engage in anything oral if it's not a mutual situation, but more importantly, I'd save that for a committed relationship especially so I can sete my man's daily hygienic  routine. (If you get my drift)

totally love this

• Love 1
On 2/19/2021 at 1:59 AM, Chalby said:

i wonder what happened to her 'old' job.  she, hannah and the weird guy  (the one virgin who lied) all worked together.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, christmaslights said:

why would she keep bragging about this.  doesn't she have parents? normal people don't say this.

let it go and pretend it didn't happen, he is.

Reminded me of a scene in Vanilla Sky, where Julie (Cameron Diaz) screams "I SWALLOWED YOUR CUM!!!" to David (Tom Cruise), when he tries to break it off.

"You need to dress like you have a JOB.  And Parents who raised you in some kind of shame-based American religious tradition!" - Liz Lemon.

• LOL 1
On 2/23/2021 at 10:12 PM, SarahPrtr said:

That's the thing about these 'influencers' - it's a very very very short-lived 'career' and while the money they make at the beginning is a lot, they need to remember that, that money most likely needs to last 20 years.  But of course they never think about that and spend like that's their weekly income for the next 40 years.  They spend as soon as they make the money, so you're right, they definitely need to be able to do something else when it all stops.  If she's smart with her money, she can make enough to last awhile and she'll probably marry some rich guy anyway, so really, the money just needs to last a few years.

Now I feel super old. This description of 'influencer' behavior and the catce-22 of the who system is strikingly similar to the way stripper/video girl/Maxim model money was described in the late-90's/early-00's. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, props to Luke for being such a fine example of a user and manipulator.

He didn't seem to think Hannah was on his level for actually dating, but he sure seemed to put in the effort to make her believe he was interested. Conveniently, the emotional trauma he suffered from his ex made him too damaged to be available, of course. He gave Hannah tons of attention, seemingly tried to persuade her away from her boyfriend and, although stopping short of full on sex, got physically intimate with her on occasion. This does not scream "just friends" to me. Now that he got someone more (in his head) in his league to come to the house for the summer, he would rather Hannah forget all that, so he's pretending it didn't happen that way.

It's bad enough to use someone because he/she is convenient (like Kyle and Amanda in season 1.) It's much worse to gaslight someone about it.

• Love 2