Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Brad Garrett, your commercial sucks as much as this game. Go watch the Jason Alexander one. It was much better. 

Don't get me started on the stupid Gwen Stefani commercial. I utterly don't care about her romance with Twangy McShelton. 

• LOL 1

T-Mobile can get bent. Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton, & Adam Levine has the likeability of spoiled milk.

Everytime I see Russell Wilson's face,  it still pisses me off that he threw at the one yard line instead of running it in. I still haven't forgiven him for it.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
Just now, Magog said:

T-Mobile can get bent. Gwen Stefani, Blake Shelton, & Adam Levine has the likeability of spoiled milk.

It seems to be their MO; another one in that series has Tom Brady and Gronk.

7 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Why the fuck would you have a Jason Alexander hoodie in 2021?

Why the fuck would anyone have had one even 20 years ago? LOL!

3 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Wait - is Dr Squatch (?) a real product?  And, if so, why????

Yes, yes it is. And I've seen their ads on YouTube before and let me say, this one was MUCH less annoying/terrifying than some I've seen. Ironically, I've seen them when watching a live feed of a Canadian Kitten rescue. 

Just now, merylinkid said:

Another bullshit call.   He fell and BRUSHED Evans.   Fuck the refs.    What did Brady promise them, his map to the Fountain of Youth?

Two words, six syllables: supermodel blowjobs.

• LOL 5

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Mike McCarthy in using timeouts on defense in the 2 minute drill, but Andy Reid is making a run at that title.  

My first half analysis:  Chiefs' offense needs to find some quick hitters in their offense; they've run a bunch of plays that have taken too long to develop.  Can't do that against the speed of the Bucs' defense.  Of course, with their defense being flagged like this, it probably doesn't matter what their offense does in the second half.  

• Love 3

Ugh, bad enough on general principle, but that it was Antonio Brown makes it so much worse.  I need to get drunk during halftime if I'm going to survive this game without stroking out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, merylinkid said:

Gisele is getting a little long in the tooth for that to be appealing.

Not from her. I’m thinking she and Tom would know the models.

Will to watch . . . the game . . . fading fast . . . send help . . .

3 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I didn't think anyone could be worse than Mike McCarthy in using timeouts on defense in the 2 minute drill, but Andy Reid is making a run at that title.  

My first half analysis:  Chiefs' offense needs to find some quick hitters in their offense; they've run a bunch of plays that have taken too long to develop.  Can't do that against the speed of the Bucs' defense.  Of course, with their defense being flagged like this, it probably doesn't matter what their offense does in the second half.  

Exactly. 

That first half has me wondering: it would've been better if Cleveland was here instead of Kansas City.  The Browns fan might be wondering where that officiating was at the goal line during a head shot. OTOH, the right call there might've meant Buffalo being here where they'd put up a better fight

• Love 1

I have nothing against The Weeknd but I don't anticipate a good Halftime show either. 

Also, nice ways to make both Patrick Stewart and Queen Latifah seem lame. Ugh. Commercials. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well this is the Chiefs' fault. It's like they're not even trying to win.

That last touchdown was a joke. Now Brady knows he can overshoot everyone and get bailed out by a call.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Court said:

This game is ticking me off. I really wish anybody but Tom Brady was quarterback for Tampa Bay. I'm not sure I even realize how much I despise him until this game. is an arrogant jerk

I know someone who knows someone who knows Drew Brees (I'm in Austin where he grew up) and the word is that Drew can't stand Tom Brady. No details were given but the assumption is that it's because Brady is an asshole.

The deficit for KC is not insurmountable, but they have to stop with the penalties - even if the penalties are being unfairly applied. I have to say that to an extent the deck seems stacked.

I still love me some Patrick Mahomes, he is a beautiful man 😍 Patrick! Call me! I can comfort you or celebrate with you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

KC is sure getting a lot of penalties. I look at replay and wonder "why?" 

I've been keeping an eye on Tyler Johnson and Antoine Winfield Jr on Tampa and so far Tyler Johnson didn't catch a ball and Antoine batted a ball away.

• Love 1
Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm not getting another streaming service. How many can the market bear? 

You may already have it (unlikely though), if you're one of the dozens of people actually paying for CBS All Access. It's just a rebranding. 

For sportscasters this whole "Tom Brady winning the Super Bowl will make a great story for the season." What story? The man who gets everything he wants in life gets another thing? That's something I really want to see 🙄 So predictable.

• Love 9

About that Oatley ad:

They REALLY thought  it was a good idea.   Like saved for six years to debut it at the Super Bowl loved it.   

Hey Oatley you know how makes milk for humans -- WOMEN.   You misogynistic asses.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The second half is going to be a barnburner, I think. The Chiefs are going to stop shooting themselves in the foot (at this point it should be apparent that the refs are calling it tight, they simply need to adjust) and Mahomes will find his rhythm and start putting points on the board. I have a feeling that it's going to be like the NFC title game, with the Bucs desperately trying to hang on. Playing the clock as well as KC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

I remember when I was 22 and I was reciting my poems at the Inauguration and Super Bowlworking at Fuddruckers.

I was working at Woolworths downtown Minneapolis.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, topanga said:

What did he say? I was getting Doritos. 

Basically that the officials were far too involved. 

Then again he also put most of the blame on the QB as well. 

• Useful 2