Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Definitely going for nostalgia with the commercials.   Winona Ryder with her son with by Edward Scissorhands.   Sniff, sniff, sniff.

Wild guess . . . c-section baby?

One year ago we had J-Lo and Shakira at halftime and the pandemic wasn’t yet.  Also Tom Brady was watching the Super Bowl from home, where he fucking belongs.

I swear, if one more fucking person says to me “well you just have to appreciate his greatness” I am going to continuously bitch about it on the interwebs.  No, actually I DON’T.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

That was not national. I just had one for a local hospital system. 

Interesting. I'm not even in Floriduh though, so if it's in select markets it's not just there.  I can see the Cult just targeting maybe NY and LA. 

It's on YouTube if you want to torture yourself and see it. 

Edited by Kromm

Thanks for absolutely nothing tonight, Chiefs. 

I'm going to throw up having to suffer through yet another Tom Brady championship (7), him getting another Super Bowl MVP, & him saying, I'm going to Disneyworld." And seeing Antonio Brown about getting a Super Bowl ring is downright stomach turning.

• Love 6

Wait, but were Bruce and Jeep telling me to go to church?  Cuz no.

That Jeep ad got me so befuddled I forgot what I came here to say.

Oh!  It was actually about the game.  I know the Chiefs lost an o-lineman to injury, and all that sadness happened with Andy’s terrible son, but could anyone have possibly predicted THIS was going to happen to Kansas City?

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

Someone wake me when Picard gets aired on CBS. That’s how I saw Discovery. I don’t think I’ve felt as close to a crew member than with Tilly.

Would Reg Barclay count? I could identify with his neuroses.

Edited by Lantern7

I have the day off tomorrow, but I had the thought of rescinding it (which would be fairly easy this year given the remote nature).  I will not as I need it for several things, not just the annual PTO day after the Super Bowl.  To be clear, I might actually pass out by 10 PM EST and get a lot of sleep for the first time from a Sunday to Monday in a long time (since Labor Day, I believe).  Probably could be up at 6-7, but 10-12 hours isn't far fetched.  There is always something good to come out of "something bad"

I take no pleasure in "predicting a blowout" but the reason why I even posted that was due to what the Buccaneers had coupled with what the Chiefs didn't have.  Injures are a valid reason, and it'll give Patrick his first loss in regulation.  However it is fair to say it's an excuse.  Brady's last several Super Bowl wins came against people that were hurt or not there.  However, he won four years ago without Gronk, and then Philadelphia managed to beat Tom and New England without their MVP candidate of a QB.

It sucks to not enjoy this for the most part, and I say for the most part because Kansas City still employs Hill.  There are some great people on that Tampa team, mainly the coaching staff.  That is so lost in the story of how great this Bucs team is.  TB12 definitely gets the credit and deserves it, but man, what an organization!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

That Jeep ad for me so befuddled I forgot what I came here to say.

No. It's a Church that happens to be in the exact Geographic center of the Continental US.  The theme is that he's visiting it to reinforce the idea that "the middle" are the people who aren't radicalized. It's not saying that outright, but it's a metaphor. It's suggesting that the values of meeting in the middle becomes normalized again. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Yeah, "where all are welcome" got a big, fat eye roll from me.  Yeah, I'm sure a chapel in Kansas would be quite welcoming to my atheist ass.  And let someone walk in wearing a hijab and see how welcomed she is.  How about you pick an actual community space for your unity talk, Jeep?

• Love 5
Just now, OtterMommy said:

It’s sad that someone charging the field is the most exciting thing that has happened all evening

With all the Security they must have in place, how did that guy get down onto the field?!

It's been a long time, if ever.  You'll have to go back to the glory days, and that wasn't even that bad.  In the college game, it happened to Alabama (two years ago in the 2019 Title Game against Clemson)

2 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

It’s sad that someone charging the field is the most exciting thing that has happened all evening

Damn.  I picked the wrong time to go make another drink.

1 minute ago, ChitChat said:

Can we fire the damn cannons yet?! As a long suffering Bucs fan, I'm enjoying this.  The commercials, not so much.

I get that Tampa teams don’t win often . . . but the Bucs have waited eighteen years for this. I mean, there are the Browns, Vikings, etc.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

I missed it too because I’m still muting the game while reading.

Any championship that comes out of the 2020 season has a big fat asterisk.  So there.

It was quick and the cameras quickly shifted away from it because they don’t want to condone that behavior.

But if a Buc is an ass and flagrantly taunts another player....they give that a replay.

• Love 1

Seriously, though, Tough as Nails had a great first season. It’s not as heavy on the syrup as you’d think, and Phil Keoghan is a delight to watch.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Does Queen Latifah have a TV show? 

I get that she's a Queen, but a lame remake of a show nobody misses is dealing from the bottom of the deck, not the top. 

Now the game isn't just excruciating. It's boring on top of that. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

It was quick and the cameras quickly shifted away from it because they don’t want to condone that behavior.

I missed it too. Frankly, I rather watched that than this game.

1 minute ago, Kromm said:

Now the game isn't just excruciating. It's boring on top of that. 

Once again: this is the Colin Robinson of Superb Owls Super Bowls. If Nandor, Lazlo and/or Nadia kill you, it would be quick and entertaining. Colin just fucking wears you down and feasts on your energy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2