Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OtterMommy

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

This thread will unlock 1 hour before kick off on February 7th and close after the trophy presentation.

Well, nice to see Jay Pharaoh is working. WTF is Unfiltered, though?

Chiefs! Bucs! Tampa! SUPER BOWL!!!!!

I got hooked on Gridiron Heights from Bleacher Report. Here's their take on today's big game.

• Like 1

Okay the montage of the parents talking about their kids was nice.  Great to see Tom's  mom looking so good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I am already ready to stuff Tony Romo in a locker.  Save me.

Well, if he loses, his SB record goes to 6-4.

Crap, I misread that. How does Tony make you crazy?

5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Okay the montage of the parents talking about their kids was nice.

I got surprised a few weeks ago when I saw a lil’ Pat Mahomes in a Mets jersey. I forgot his dad played baseball.

Edited by Lantern7

3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

How does Tony make you crazy?

I'd guess by opening his mouth and talking...

• Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Should I take a shot every time they mention the Bucs are the only team to play a SB on their home turf?  When do you think I'll pass out - my guess is about mid-way through the 2nd quarter.  

The sidelines guy talking about the Bucs needs to wear a tighter mask.  

• Like 4

Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

You won't make it till 5 minutes left in the 1st. 

Ha!  I'd love to think I have better stamina than that, but sadly, you might be correct. 

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Some “moment of silence.” 🙄

Seriously...how did that entire stadium miss the memo?

2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I didn't even realize that it was a moment of silence. I was wondering what the hell did I just watched.

1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Seriously.

The field says “end racism” and yet the fans proudly did the tomahawk chop.  Christ.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

That stadium looks at more than 1/3 capacity. Just sayin' ...

A friend told me there are about 30K cutouts along with the about 20K actual people. 

HER is really good. 

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with the woman who sang America The Beautiful, but she was fantastic. I get tired of pop singers screaming and screeching through their performances.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The field says “end racism” and yet the fans proudly did the tomahawk chop.  Christ.

Yeah, there’s gotta be a rebrand soon. I don’t know how many more synonyms for royalty could be used. Or maybe “Chiefs” could be taken as an adjective. How about taking a cue from Hank Stram and go with “Kansas City Matriculators”? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Twangified national anthem’s are my least favorite genre of music.  Their voices blended nicely though.

• Like 2

Re moment of silence - people can be jerks.  How can you not shut up for a minute to honor the almost half a million we've lost?  

I fondly remember the great Luther Vandross singing the national anthem beautifully before Super Bowl XXXI and Christina Aguilera botching the lyrics before Super Bowl XLV.   This version is too slow - it's not a dirge, it's supposed to be an expression of triumph.   DoctorAtomic - was typing that when your post showed up.  

1 minute ago, OtterMommy said:

I still haven’t forgiven Gronkowski for being on The Masked Singer

I haven’t forgiven him for being a dumb meathead who gets a pass on the regular.

• Like 7

There is no way in hell that I will ever be singing about McDonald's & their food. Give me Chick Fil A over McDonald's anyday, everyday. The game hasn't started yet & already these commercials are downright sucking.

6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Seriously.

Yeah, as they ran in to the music, I was literally asking the TV, WTF? How have they not got the memo yet? 

2 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I still haven’t forgiven Gronkowski for being on The Masked Singer

He was horrible, but he was fun. He knew he sucked, he embraced the suckage. I loved that he wasn't afraid to just go out and enjoy himself. I fully expect him to show up on Dancing with the Stars at any given time. 

Just now, ebk57 said:

I love Amanda Gorman.  And I don't even get poetry. 

I remember when I was 22 and I was reciting my poems at the Inauguration and Super Bowlworking at Fuddruckers.

• Laugh 12

2 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I love Amanda Gorman.  And I don't even get poetry. 

Me too.  It's. HOW she recites.  Brings so much more the more words themselves.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Calvada said:

DoctorAtomic - was typing that when your post showed up.  

As someone who has had to play it many many many times, it drives me up the wall. Also, the start is actually two eight notes of equal measure, not the oooohhhh ooohhh the way it's usually done.

• Like 1

My husband spent the last hour trying to convince me that Tampa Bay doesn’t really have a home field advantage.  That crowd would prove otherwise.

He also tried to convince me that Tom Brady was an underdog.  There is no universe in which that is true.

8 minutes ago, Carey said:

Carl Cheffers!  Last time he was the ref...well, you know!

I’m out of the loop on that. What happened?

Edited by Lantern7

Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

As someone who has had to play it many many many times, it drives me up the wall. Also, the start is actually two eight notes of equal measure, not the oooohhhh ooohhh the way it's usually done.

The late Paul Zimmerman (Dr. Z), writer in Sports Illustrated and admitted curmudgeon, used to time the anthems.  He HATED a slow, long rendition.

4 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

My husband spent the last hour trying to convince me that Tampa Bay doesn’t really have a home field advantage.  That crowd would prove otherwise.

Isn’t SB attended by mostly corporate types? Not like Bucs fans would have filled the stands under normal conditions.

• Like 2

Just now, Lantern7 said:

Isn’t SB attended by mostly corporate types? Not like Bucs fans would have filled the stands under normal conditions.

It sounds like it is filled with medical professionals this year, which is great...but I’m guessing the majority are from the Tampa area.

Do you think corporate folks would skip their perk of super bowl tickets?    Oh hell no.

Although I think families might be there to, along with the 7500 front line workers.

I’m really behind on movies. M. Night gets to direct stuff again? Yikes.

Nice M&M’s commercial. They’re made in factories with nuts. I’m allergic to those, so it’s been ages since I’ve had M&M’s.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

Love the Paramount commercial.  Who knew Snookie was still a thing? 

• Like 3

Just now, ebk57 said:

Love the Paramount commercial.  Who knew Snookie was still a thing? 

Any butthurt I have about Jeff Probst’s appearance is offset by the upcoming season of Tough as Nails. Phil Keoghsn is truly the better host.

Not much drama so far. I’m hoping we won’t have a slog like the last time Brady played in a SB.

Sesame Street & Doordash do not mix. Also, Doordash & others of their ilk really sucks.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 3

I got HBO Max, and I barely use it. Meanwhile, there’s Sam and a cleaned-up Bucky about to rock Disney+. 🙄

Man, there’s a lot of sweeps to the left by KC.

1 minute ago, Magog said:

Sesame Street & Doordash do not mix.

I hear that.  But Daveed Diggs and the Sesame Street gang will always make me smile.

19 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

He also tried to convince me that Tom Brady was an underdog.  There is no universe in which that is true.

Well, Kansas City was the betting line favorite so he’s technically true.

• Like 2