Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I am already ready to stuff Tony Romo in a locker.  Save me.

Well, if he loses, his SB record goes to 6-4.

Crap, I misread that. How does Tony make you crazy?

5 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Okay the montage of the parents talking about their kids was nice.

I got surprised a few weeks ago when I saw a lil’ Pat Mahomes in a Mets jersey. I forgot his dad played baseball.

Edited by Lantern7

Should I take a shot every time they mention the Bucs are the only team to play a SB on their home turf?  When do you think I'll pass out - my guess is about mid-way through the 2nd quarter.  

The sidelines guy talking about the Bucs needs to wear a tighter mask.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

That stadium looks at more than 1/3 capacity. Just sayin' ...

A friend told me there are about 30K cutouts along with the about 20K actual people. 

HER is really good. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

The field says “end racism” and yet the fans proudly did the tomahawk chop.  Christ.

Yeah, there’s gotta be a rebrand soon. I don’t know how many more synonyms for royalty could be used. Or maybe “Chiefs” could be taken as an adjective. How about taking a cue from Hank Stram and go with “Kansas City Matriculators”? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Re moment of silence - people can be jerks.  How can you not shut up for a minute to honor the almost half a million we've lost?  

I fondly remember the great Luther Vandross singing the national anthem beautifully before Super Bowl XXXI and Christina Aguilera botching the lyrics before Super Bowl XLV.   This version is too slow - it's not a dirge, it's supposed to be an expression of triumph.   DoctorAtomic - was typing that when your post showed up.  

There is no way in hell that I will ever be singing about McDonald's & their food. Give me Chick Fil A over McDonald's anyday, everyday. The game hasn't started yet & already these commercials are downright sucking.

6 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Seriously.

The field says “end racism” and yet the fans proudly did the tomahawk chop.  Christ.

Yeah, as they ran in to the music, I was literally asking the TV, WTF? How have they not got the memo yet? 

2 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

I still haven’t forgiven Gronkowski for being on The Masked Singer

He was horrible, but he was fun. He knew he sucked, he embraced the suckage. I loved that he wasn't afraid to just go out and enjoy himself. I fully expect him to show up on Dancing with the Stars at any given time. 

5 minutes ago, Calvada said:

DoctorAtomic - was typing that when your post showed up.  

As someone who has had to play it many many many times, it drives me up the wall. Also, the start is actually two eight notes of equal measure, not the oooohhhh ooohhh the way it's usually done.

• Love 1

My husband spent the last hour trying to convince me that Tampa Bay doesn’t really have a home field advantage.  That crowd would prove otherwise.

He also tried to convince me that Tom Brady was an underdog.  There is no universe in which that is true.

Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

As someone who has had to play it many many many times, it drives me up the wall. Also, the start is actually two eight notes of equal measure, not the oooohhhh ooohhh the way it's usually done.

The late Paul Zimmerman (Dr. Z), writer in Sports Illustrated and admitted curmudgeon, used to time the anthems.  He HATED a slow, long rendition.

4 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

My husband spent the last hour trying to convince me that Tampa Bay doesn’t really have a home field advantage.  That crowd would prove otherwise.

Isn’t SB attended by mostly corporate types? Not like Bucs fans would have filled the stands under normal conditions.

• Love 2
Just now, Lantern7 said:

Isn’t SB attended by mostly corporate types? Not like Bucs fans would have filled the stands under normal conditions.

It sounds like it is filled with medical professionals this year, which is great...but I’m guessing the majority are from the Tampa area.

I’m really behind on movies. M. Night gets to direct stuff again? Yikes.

Nice M&M’s commercial. They’re made in factories with nuts. I’m allergic to those, so it’s been ages since I’ve had M&M’s.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
Just now, ebk57 said:

Love the Paramount commercial.  Who knew Snookie was still a thing? 

Any butthurt I have about Jeff Probst’s appearance is offset by the upcoming season of Tough as Nails. Phil Keoghsn is truly the better host.

Not much drama so far. I’m hoping we won’t have a slog like the last time Brady played in a SB.

1 minute ago, Magog said:

Sesame Street & Doordash do not mix.

I hear that.  But Daveed Diggs and the Sesame Street gang will always make me smile.

19 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

He also tried to convince me that Tom Brady was an underdog.  There is no universe in which that is true.

Well, Kansas City was the betting line favorite so he’s technically true.

• Love 2