Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Good Lord, thinly-veiled sexual fantasies about Michael B. Jordan!

Here is with Lori Harvey, so he has definitely lowered his standards. 

This game is finally over. Yay.

• LOL 1
Just now, Kromm said:

It's Floridumb. I'm guessing thousands of maskless idiots will be celebrating in the streets tonight. 

It’s one thing for the team I’m rooting for to lose. But this game was boring. 

• Love 2

Okay, "the legend of all legends" was my cue to change the channel.  Best wishes salvaging something from this night, y'all.  See you at the draft, because I'll need to avoid NFL media until then.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

It's Floridumb. I'm guessing thousands of maskless idiots will be celebrating in the streets tonight. 

The streets were full of them last night, so tonight's not going to be any better, that's for sure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

*soft whisper* “Hello, Auntie.”

2 minutes ago, Kromm said:

I think that was guaranteed no matter the outcome. #rimshot

4 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Do you think Bill will ring up Brady for congrats? 

Thinking of Gridiron Heights: “I don’t think of you as much as you think I do.”

Well, at least Spring Training is close. But I said that last year, and look what happened then. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Edited by Lantern7
3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:
3 hours ago, Carey said:

Carl Cheffers!  Last time he was the ref...well, you know!

I’m out of the loop on that. What happened?

Sorry I missed this somehow...he was the head official for the 28-3 game

Normally I start my day on ESPN Radio with SportsCenter All Night at 5 a.m. and then listen to KeyShawn, J-Will and Zubin before firing up the LeBatard podcasts, but for absolutely fucking sure I will not be listening to any ESPN tomorrow.  Or for the near future, unless something bigger happens.

C’mon Carson Wentz trade!  Let’s get it!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Did the cannon go off?

Many times!!  Defense was awesome tonight!  I definitely saw improvement with our defense the past 4 games.  Maybe the John Lynch jersey I'm wearing from way back in the day helped!  🙂 

5 minutes ago, redfish said:

I feel like since the sportcasters, refs and officials are rooting for Brady why don't they just give the trophy to him since it's what everyone wants.

Many of the announcers sounded crushed that KC was doing so poorly in the game.  That was my take on it.  We're used to hearing how poorly the other team did, but not how well we did.  It's a common occurrence. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Well it's been ... fun.

See ya'all over in the NFL thread during the off season.

My NFL Vacation starts on the 15th (Super Bowl hangover) & it ends on Labor Day.

And to a shock to nobody, Tom Brady is the Super Bowl MVP. I'm going to throw up right now. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to see him again in Los Angeles next February.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Why isn’t he wearing a mask as he “supports the healthcare workers”?

He has to show off his pretty, pretty mouth? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

NOW I’m going offline. See you next season!

Edited by Lantern7

Congrats to Brady and the Bucs, but I do feel badly for Kansas City—they just shit the bed tonight. That was not even close to their A game. It’s one thing to get beaten, but it’s another to beat yourselves. That said, Brady and the Bucs took everything KC gave them and maximized. The Bucs’ D was UNREAL. So they were more than deserving.

Somewhere Bill Belichick is PISSED. Maybe this will light a fire under his ass for next year!

As a Brady fan, I think he SHOULD retire now because there will literally be no better ending for his career. But he’s so damn competitive, no way he leaves when he feels like Tampa Bay could win another!

1 minute ago, Kromm said:

I mean given the crap he was playing against, and with all the Ref support, I suppose there was really no other choice. 

Of course.  Let's blame it on the Refs rather than TB's defense that played so well. 

• Love 4