Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LV: Live posting thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

This halftime show is....odd. I like the Weeknd's music but it feels like he needs to do some cardio. He sounds out of breath, like he can't enunciate his words.

The show doesn’t have much energy. Or maybe he just doesn’t. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I already feel like Kayne's somewhere saying The Weeknd stole this idea from him. 

I thought the intro definitely had a Jesus-y Sunday Service vibe. Kanye's probably throwing a bitch fit at his ranch right now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, Bastet said:

I don't know any of The Weeknd's music, and this halftime show isn't making me want to change that.  It's not bad, it's just sort of there.

It's very background radio music. It's not really halftime show music.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, topanga said:

I’m loving this production design. I like The Weeknd, but his songs are awfully mellow so far. He needs some background singers. Or where’s Beyonce to liven things up? Bruno Mars?

I read he said he didn't want anyone else there to take from the "performance". 

I mean, who would have wanted to miss out on a whole group of bandaged men? 

• LOL 6

I like the Weekend & it was a nice halftime show, but it was definitely nothing special. What a waste of $7 Million that was. I expected better for that amount he spent on this halftime show. Give me Prince's halftime show over this everyday. BTW, he better not ever compare himself to Prince. He will never ever be on Prince's level.

• Love 4
Just now, Fostersmom said:

I read he said he didn't want anyone else there to take from the "performance". 

I mean, who would have wanted to miss out on a whole group of bandaged men? 

I understand him not wanting it to turn I to a variety show, but it needed something. There are only a few performers who can command the halftime stage with just their presence and energy: Prince and Lady Gaga, for example. I wasn’t even looking forward to Lady Gaga’s performance, but she was so mesmerizing, she made me sit my behind down and watch her every move. 

• Love 4

History says the Chiefs are fine, but maybe that halftime show was epic enough to wreck the power at Raymond James Stadium.  Unfortunately, and somewhat related, a team kicking off in the second half is given the option of an onside kick, which would not be unprecedented

2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And for some reason the sound was off, too low or something.

It seems like sound quality is notoriously bad for these halftime shows. They need to hire guys (and girls) who do sound for rock bands that regularly play stadiums. Whoever the NFL or Pepsi hires absolutely sucks.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

It seems like sound quality is notoriously bad for these halftime shows. They need to hire guys (and girls) who do sound for rock bands that regularly play stadiums. Whoever the NFL or Pepsi hires absolutely sucks.

And yet I had no problems hearing or understanding Prince or Lady Gaga? Is it because they’re musicians who took control of their sound checks?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

It's very background radio music. It's not really halftime show music.

It's like he makes grocery store music. It's just there. Nothing objectionable, nothing annoying, but also nothing that really gets you excited. 

• Love 2