Type keyword(s) to search

Who's your favorite View host?

RealHousewife
  • Start Topic

JOY.     WHOOPI is the worst moderator anyone could have chosen.  She's a good actress and should stick to that.  Poor SARA HAINES.   ABC must have the hots for her.  Executives are doing everything they can to be sure she stays on the air, different show, different show, different show.  The "role" they've forced her into on The View isn't fair to her.  I think she's a sweet and entertaining person.  I don't need her to be some "expert" on politics, finance, anything else.  Remember when she was allowed to be fun, bubbly "real," Sara?  And then Meghan McCain put an end to her...abruptly?  I'd watch a show religiously if it were Joy and Ana ... only.    Also, I'm tired of seeing every new trial hairstyle and make-up job on Sunny.  Ease off, girl...ease off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Star Jones (pre-engagement, original cast) and Ana  Navarro (current cast)

Favorite Guest Co-host: Yvette Nicole Brown

For some reason, I've never really liked Joy, even though I agree with her most of the time.

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Useful 1
13 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Poor SARA HAINES.   ABC must have the hots for her.  Executives are doing everything they can to be sure she stays on the air, different show, different show, different show.  The "role" they've forced her into on The View isn't fair to her. 

Sara is under contract to ABC so they had to do something with her when the Michael Strahan show was cancelled.  Sadly, The View is not the show for her.

Sunny is also under contract to ABC, I think.

Joy makes the show!

• Love 7

Joy is the one who's.... ehem... belief system is closest to mine. But Sunny is usually the one who makes the best thought out arguments. 

Ana is a special case. She has some beliefs she doesn't much talk about in the current state of our country that I don't agree with so much, but she has some of what Sunny does and some of what Joy does in terms of how she talks about the nastier things going on in our country right now.  Unlike Meghan, I see her as an honest actor for a slightly different belief system, whereas Meghan is an insincere one. When she's really on a tear, really firing on all cylinders, Ana speaks a lot of stuff I've thought in my head. I say that even though, nominally, on the surface, Joy has expressed beliefs closer to mine.  But Ana SAYS the things I agree with in a way closer to how I'd say them. 

Whoopi, Sara, and of course MeAgain can leave anytime and I wouldn't give a fig. When Sara returned it didn't bother me, mostly because there are far worse people who could be sitting in that seat, and it's not like they were willing to give it to Ana. My only problem if Whoopi would ever go would center around Meghan, if she stayed. Whoopi is useless in most ways, but she's at least practiced now in cutting off Meghan. A new moderator would have to learn that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Joy and Ana are my favorites as far as current hosts go.  Sure would love to see Nicolle during these times.  Unfortunately, she was on with the insufferable Jenny McCarthy.  

Nicole Wallace wasn't on with Jenny.  She was on with Rosie Perez and Rosie O'Donnell.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kromm said:

Joy is the one who's.... ehem... belief system is closest to mine. But Sunny is usually the one who makes the best thought out arguments. 

Ana is a special case. She has some beliefs she doesn't much talk about in the current state of our country that I don't agree with so much, but she has some of what Sunny does and some of what Joy does in terms of how she talks about the nastier things going on in our country right now.  Unlike Meghan, I see her as an honest actor for a slightly different belief system, whereas Meghan is an insincere one. When she's really on a tear, really firing on all cylinders, Ana speaks a lot of stuff I've thought in my head. I say that even though, nominally, on the surface, Joy has expressed beliefs closer to mine.  But Ana SAYS the things I agree with in a way closer to how I'd say them. 

Whoopi, Sara, and of course MeAgain can leave anytime and I wouldn't give a fig. When Sara returned it didn't bother me, mostly because there are far worse people who could be sitting in that seat, and it's not like they were willing to give it to Ana. My only problem if Whoopi would ever go would center around Meghan, if she stayed. Whoopi is useless in most ways, but she's at least practiced now in cutting off Meghan. A new moderator would have to learn that.

Yeah don't get me wrong y'all. I think Ana is a good person, charming, funny, witty, totally get her appeal. But she has some views that I couldn't disagree more with. I've even been annoyed seeing old footage of her. I'll leave it at that.

If I were a host on The View, this is how I'd guess my relationships with the ladies. 

Joy-She's not just someone I'd be friends with, she's Auntie in my head. A sassy, lovable lady.

Sara-The sweet girl I'd want to be friends with who I could pour my heart out to after a rough day.

Sunny-The smart friend I'd point to during heated debates and say "what she said!"

Ana-Someone I'd like and would want to be friends with, but I'd have to avoid politics. I know she's not Meghan bad, but she could still annoy me. 

Meghan-Is there a female friend version of don't dip your pen in the company ink? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana-Someone I'd like and would want to be friends with, but I'd have to avoid politics. I know she's not Meghan bad, but she could still annoy me. 

I had a friend who had the opposite political views and for years we avoided political discussions because she would get nasty when talking about things.  It got to the point we couldn't discuss anything without her making it political. We are no longer friends.

Ana has a quick wit and can be very funny.  I like that about her. She also doesn't fall in line with her party if it's about something she disagrees with.  

Joy was my favorite for years (after my beloved Meredith) but she has said some things over the past few years that have made me see her in a different light.  I don't dislike her and I agree with most of what she says but regarding some things I think she still thinks the world is like when she was younger.  

Sara seems genuinely nice.  If the View was like it was when the original crew was there she would  have been a perfect fit. But with the shift to wanting to be Meet the Press daytime version she is a little bit out of her comfort zone. That being said the past couple months she has said some things that I thought were on point and I found myself nodding my head in agreement.  

I don't dislike Sunny but I could never be friends with her. She is too competitive.  Could you imagine playing Scrabble with her?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joy is the only reason I haven’t quit the show. I didn’t watch the season after she was fired other than Barbara’s final week. I do like Sunny, Ana, and Sara to varying degrees. Sometimes it makes me sad to think of a world where Joy is no longer a part of the TV landscape; hopefully that doesn't happen for several years yet. There isn't really anyone else on TV I'd want to watch daily.

As far as old hosts, I also liked Meredith, Rosie O, Lisa, Paula, Star, Michelle Collins (eventually), Abby, and Rosie Perez. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, OnTime said:

Sara is under contract to ABC so they had to do something with her when the Michael Strahan show was cancelled.  Sadly, The View is not the show for her.

There have been enough years since her first* contract, that they could have let her go a few of times.  I love her and I think ABC loves her too.  Several other "View" hosts would have loved the same treatment as Sara's.   *I have no idea when her first contract started.   You're right: The View is not the show for her.  I hope she tones down her voice if "The Chase" lasts at all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

That being said the past couple months she has said some things that I thought were on point and I found myself nodding my head in agreement.  

Yeah...and when that happens I wonder who's writing her scripts...notes...and who's near her giving prompts.  She's not at home; she's in the studio.  I think we would think differently if they were all sitting at a table...with give-and-take.  She might not appear so cognizant.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

As far as old hosts, I also liked Meredith, Rosie O, Lisa, Paula, Star, Michelle Collins (eventually), Abby, and Rosie Perez. 

I didn't watch when Michelle or Rosie P were there. I have only seen Paula when she has guest co hosted and I had preconceived idea of who she was by the comments here.  And honestly if not for those comments I would have thought she seems nice.  But knowing her opinion on certain subjects made me think well maybe she isn't so nice.  Sometimes it's better not knowing things about people.  I liked Abby.  I didn't agree with a lot of what she said but she seemed nice and fit in well with the table.  Minus Meghan of course.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Joy is the only reason I haven’t quit the show. I didn’t watch the season after she was fired other than Barbara’s final week. I do like Sunny, Ana, and Sara to varying degrees. Sometimes it makes me sad to think of a world where Joy is no longer a part of the TV landscape; hopefully that doesn't happen for several years yet. There isn't really anyone else on TV I'd want to watch daily.

Agreed - Joy, and usually Ana, are the only ones I really care to see from this group, though I find Sara sweet and Sunny smart, but awful with her makeup. I would enjoy Joy and Ana with Meredith and Michelle back on the panel in place of the current other ladies.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I didn't watch when Michelle or Rosie P were there. I have only seen Paula when she has guest co hosted and I had preconceived idea of who she was by the comments here.  And honestly if not for those comments I would have thought she seems nice.  But knowing her opinion on certain subjects made me think well maybe she isn't so nice.  Sometimes it's better not knowing things about people.  I liked Abby.  I didn't agree with a lot of what she said but she seemed nice and fit in well with the table.  Minus Meghan of course.

Yeah, I emphatically don't agree with Paula or Abby (and have disagreed with Ana on many things, too), but I think I could be friends with all of them in real life. They seemed nice on a personal level. Actually, the same goes for Candace, although something about her made me a little uncomfortable, too... Candace was just not very well-spoken, which is why I didn't include her.

I think it's an UO that I liked Perez. For people who didn't watch, the best comparison I'd make is that she was like Sara in the sense that she would attempt to give an inoffensive middle ground opinion most of the time. I know a lot of people don't like Sara either, but I do. Even if they're just kind of there, it's better to have someone nice and polite around than someone annoying or off-putting. Actually, Rosie Perez had that same "We're a Team" mentality as Sara, trying to smooth over disagreements and bring more camaraderie between the cast. It's unfortunate she had to be on the season she was. :(

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

They seemed nice on a personal level. Actually, the same goes for Candace, although something about her made me a little uncomfortable, too... Candace was just not very well-spoken, which is why I didn't include her.

Nope. Born Again Barbie was just as bad as Her Twatness. She preferred that protestors like Kapernik protest "quietly" and away as not to shake things or get others "riled" up. Which was just code for "minorities should just shut up and accept things the way they are". 

I remember when they had the after show, and once she got soooo upset, she walked off in a huff/tears. Or something. No, she can just stay away.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I had a friend who had the opposite political views and for years we avoided political discussions because she would get nasty when talking about things.  It got to the point we couldn't discuss anything without her making it political. We are no longer friends.

Ana has a quick wit and can be very funny.  I like that about her. She also doesn't fall in line with her party if it's about something she disagrees with.  

Joy was my favorite for years (after my beloved Meredith) but she has said some things over the past few years that have made me see her in a different light.  I don't dislike her and I agree with most of what she says but regarding some things I think she still thinks the world is like when she was younger.  

Sara seems genuinely nice.  If the View was like it was when the original crew was there she would  have been a perfect fit. But with the shift to wanting to be Meet the Press daytime version she is a little bit out of her comfort zone. That being said the past couple months she has said some things that I thought were on point and I found myself nodding my head in agreement.  

I don't dislike Sunny but I could never be friends with her. She is too competitive.  Could you imagine playing Scrabble with her?

Ana doesn't get nasty like Meghan, but awhile ago I saw old footage of a comedian making a serious point that Ana didn't agree with, and Ana copped a bit of attitude and was like "I know you're a comedian..." Very dismissive. Just because someone doesn't work in politics doesn't mean you don't respect that person's opinions, especially when millions agree with her and not with you. 

I loved Meredith! She's like Sara, just a sweet person. 

LMAO! 

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, I emphatically don't agree with Paula or Abby (and have disagreed with Ana on many things, too), but I think I could be friends with all of them in real life. They seemed nice on a personal level. Actually, the same goes for Candace, although something about her made me a little uncomfortable, too... Candace was just not very well-spoken, which is why I didn't include her.

I think it's an UO that I liked Perez. For people who didn't watch, the best comparison I'd make is that she was like Sara in the sense that she would attempt to give an inoffensive middle ground opinion most of the time. I know a lot of people don't like Sara either, but I do. Even if they're just kind of there, it's better to have someone nice and polite around than someone annoying or off-putting. Actually, Rosie Perez had that same "We're a Team" mentality as Sara, trying to smooth over disagreements and bring more camaraderie between the cast. It's unfortunate she had to be on the season she was. 😞

Yeah most of the ladies who've been on honestly seem like decent people, some more so than others. I'd probably avoid certain topics with Paula and Abby, but they wouldn't work my nerves like Meghan. 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Born Again Barbie was just as bad as Her Twatness. She preferred that protestors like Kapernik protest "quietly" and away as not to shake things or get others "riled" up. Which was just code for "minorities should just shut up and accept things the way they are". 

I remember when they had the after show, and once she got soooo upset, she walked off in a huff/tears. Or something. No, she can just stay away.

Candace fits into bracket of the I like you, but let's not talk politics, or race or LGBT for that matter. That's when I get more sensitive about stuff. When it's not really even political, but the way you talk about people who are of a different color, nationality, religion, or sexual orientation. Your opinions on other topics aren't as personal to me. 

• Love 5

I hated Joy when the show first premiered. She was like a bad joke, trying to make one-line jokes. It was like being in a bad Vegas hotel lounge act. She annoyed me for years, and I stopped watching the View, mostly because of Joy and Barbara.

And now, I like her; because she is a truth teller. She is smart, she is well-read. I liked her HLN show.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think it's an UO that I liked Perez. For people who didn't watch, the best comparison I'd make is that she was like Sara in the sense that she would attempt to give an inoffensive middle ground opinion most of the time. I know a lot of people don't like Sara either, but I do. Even if they're just kind of there, it's better to have someone nice and polite around than someone annoying or off-putting. Actually, Rosie Perez had that same "We're a Team" mentality as Sara, trying to smooth over disagreements and bring more camaraderie between the cast. It's unfortunate she had to be on the season she was. 😞

I liked Rosie Perez too but she was on the show when we had two Alpha females in Whoopie and Rosie jockeying for dominance.  It was really Whoopie being a nasty bitch to Rosie for no reason. The vibe of the show was just off, filled with tension and it was uncomfortable to watch.. It made sense to me why she was trying not to add to it by being forceful with her opinions..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, bannana said:

I liked her HLN show.

Damn, did I ever miss Joy's HLN show for a very long time after it was cancelled!  She was aces on that show and her interviews were so highly enjoyable.  I still remember her interview with Malcolm McDowell as being particularly stellar and one of the best I had ever seen.  She was able to shine on that show and I always hoped that she would be moved from HLN to CNN to replace Larry King's vacated 9pm slot but alas it was not meant to be. 

Joy is squandered on The View.  She is a deep thinker with a lot of intelligent things to say but is never able to delve deep enough into anything because of ridiculously limited time constraints and because she has to share that time with 3 other women and a 36 year old toddler.  She has the patience of a SAINT because I would have packed it in YEARS ago and said, screw this!

• Love 11
On 1/15/2021 at 8:12 PM, bannana said:

I hated Joy when the show first premiered. She was like a bad joke, trying to make one-line jokes. It was like being in a bad Vegas hotel lounge act. She annoyed me for years, and I stopped watching the View, mostly because of Joy and Barbara.

And now, I like her; because she is a truth teller. She is smart, she is well-read. I liked her HLN show.

Yes, I recall Joy used to annoy the hell out of me with her constantly reverting to "Monica Lewinsky"  and "Lorraine Bobbit"  jokes. 

Once she got past that phase, I liked her.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, Cementhead said:

Damn, did I ever miss Joy's HLN show for a very long time after it was cancelled!  She was aces on that show and her interviews were so highly enjoyable.  I still remember her interview with Malcolm McDowell as being particularly stellar and one of the best I had ever seen.  She was able to shine on that show and I always hoped that she would be moved from HLN to CNN to replace Larry King's vacated 9pm slot but alas it was not meant to be. 

Joy is squandered on The View.  She is a deep thinker with a lot of intelligent things to say but is never able to delve deep enough into anything because of ridiculously limited time constraints and because she has to share that time with 3 other women and a 36 year old toddler.  She has the patience of a SAINT because I would have packed it in YEARS ago and said, screw this!

You're right she really doesn't get enough time on The View. I wish Joy still had her own show.  I've thought she qualifies for sainthood since 2017. 

• Love 7
On 1/15/2021 at 11:11 AM, ifionlyknew said:

I liked Abby.  I didn't agree with a lot of what she said but she seemed nice and fit in well with the table.

Abby was very sweet and likeable.  Want her to change her opinion?  Give her yours and she'll change.  Soon, Meghan ran off YET ANOTHER host...and they were supposedly best friends. I don't think she was a good fit for "The View."  The reason given for her leaving was to go to Utah and work on her father's gubernatorial campaign.  He lost...but that's after his entire family AND many staff members were downed by COVID.  

"For Huntsman and his supporters, the loss is difficult to understand. Neither Huntsman nor his campaign are talking publicly yet about his defeat. In a statement issued after the race was called Monday, he expressed 'regret that I will not be leading the efforts in moving us towards a new horizon,' and noted it 'was anything but a typical campaign season' because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only did the virus put an end to in-person campaigning for months, Huntsman, his wife, and members of his campaign all came down with the novel coronavirus in the final weeks before the election and had to be quarantined."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 1/15/2021 at 2:36 AM, RealHousewife said:

Yeah don't get me wrong y'all. I think Ana is a good person, charming, funny, witty, totally get her appeal. But she has some views that I couldn't disagree more with. I've even been annoyed seeing old footage of her. I'll leave it at that.

If I were a host on The View, this is how I'd guess my relationships with the ladies. 

Joy-She's not just someone I'd be friends with, she's Auntie in my head. A sassy, lovable lady.

Sara-The sweet girl I'd want to be friends with who I could pour my heart out to after a rough day.

Sunny-The smart friend I'd point to during heated debates and say "what she said!"

Meghan-Is there a female friend version of don't dip your pen in the company ink? 

I enjoy Ana because her often mean-spirited humor is aimed at people I don’t like. However, I remember that I could not stand her on Bill Maher’s show, and I believe she will return to form in another election cycle or two. 

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

I enjoy Ana because her often mean-spirited humor is aimed at people I don’t like. However, I remember that I could not stand her on Bill Maher’s show, and I believe she will return to form in another election cycle or two. 

I usually agree with the consensus on this forum when it comes to the hosts. Joy is the true First Lady of The View, Sunny is wicked smart, Whoopi can be annoying but is an icon and an egot, and then Meghan is a pain in the ass. But while I've enjoyed her on The View, I don't watch the show for Ana nor her views. She rarely shares unique views to be honest. You're right that a lot of us get a kick out of her humor. I've definitely laughed my ass off when she filed her nails on CNN and makes kama sutra jokes on The View. And ditto, I remember she got on my nerves when she did Bill's show. She can absolutely be partisan, an apologist for her party, and even rude. Again, not Meghan rude or anything, but hell who is? lol I think Meghan honestly lowered the bar and had Ana looking really good to me for awhile. When I watch old clips I think, this is the funny, likable woman on The View? No thank you if this Ana will return. 

I wish the show were centered around Joy and Sunny more, and if it were to get nonpolitical, Sara. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2021 at 1:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

You're right she really doesn't get enough time on The View. I wish Joy still had her own show.  I've thought she qualifies for sainthood since 2017. 

I loved her HLN too.  Did she lose the show only because they made a format change?  That would suck for sure. They need to lose one or two hosts.  Better yet just give them a shifting schedule.  Everyone must take one weekday off.  Different day per host.  Ok cut down on the clutter, gives those more time.  

22 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Abby was very sweet and likeable.  Want her to change her opinion?  Give her yours and she'll change.  Soon, Meghan ran off YET ANOTHER host...and they were supposedly best friends. I don't think she was a good fit for "The View."  The reason given for her leaving was to go to Utah and work on her father's gubernatorial campaign.  He lost...but that's after his entire family AND many staff members were downed by COVID.  

"For Huntsman and his supporters, the loss is difficult to understand. Neither Huntsman nor his campaign are talking publicly yet about his defeat. In a statement issued after the race was called Monday, he expressed 'regret that I will not be leading the efforts in moving us towards a new horizon,' and noted it 'was anything but a typical campaign season' because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Not only did the virus put an end to in-person campaigning for months, Huntsman, his wife, and members of his campaign all came down with the novel coronavirus in the final weeks before the election and had to be quarantined."

BFF?  Nah.  More like nice, sweet and connected.  Lets invade her inner circle for awhile and see what we can git.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think Meghan honestly lowered the bar and had Ana looking really good to me for awhile.

This is true.  I did not know Ana before I started watching the View again in 2017.  And yep compared to Meghan she sounds rational and sane.  

I will be curious what Ana will be like with a new administration.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ForumLou said:

I loved her HLN too.  Did she lose the show only because they made a format change?  That would suck for sure. They need to lose one or two hosts.  Better yet just give them a shifting schedule.  Everyone must take one weekday off.  Different day per host.  Ok cut down on the clutter, gives those more time.  

No, she's said it was a political thing. Somebody at the top didn't like her politics. She had the second-highest ratings on the network.