Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Squad and Social Media

Bort
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

as someone who's almost always struggled with weight, it fascinates me. especially the ones who slip up the tiniest bit and gain weight (and are put on weight warning, like kashara, melissa w, etc.), and you can see who's really not 'naturally' thin and how hard they have to work to stay so small. obviously touchy but i would love to see what they eat in a day

i was so shocked when i was rewatching season 12 the other day and saw that stephanie, mini bodybuilder, had gotten 'soft.' i didn't remember that at all. it was crazy to me because i remember her as being the most muscular one in a longgg time. it's a nice reminder that these women are human and have to work hard like us. very humanizing.

but i always thought that they danced so much, especially during training camp, that they would have to really overeat to gain weight but guess not. when victoria was gaining weight (?) throughout training camp in season 13 i was like??? how lmao

I always think of Holly P. Her rookie year, she said she was working out so much but still couldn't seem to lose the weight, yet still won Jay's challenge. The next season, Kitty kept going on about how she looked too buff! You cannot win with these people! I'd rather see healthy girls who are a few pounds over Kelli's desired weight than those who look so, so skinny and unhealthy. My main issue is comparing each girl's weight to others on the squad at their height. Everyone is made differently!

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

always think of Holly P. Her rookie year, she said she was working out so much but still couldn't seem to lose the weight, yet still won Jay's challenge

haha yes this, every time i see that episode i'm like, 'wow, how telling it is that the girl with a weight problem is the fittest of them all'

• Love 13
7 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I remeber I was so small when I danced competitively... But then I was 11-17yo and had only gone through minor puberty lol

The minute I hit my early 20s it was like I hit second puberty, I don’t know how these girls stay so small it just seems like it goes against all scientific reasoning for how the female body grows and changes throughout the years. I commend them for keeping up their appearances, but it really can’t be easy and you gotta wonder how healthy it is for those who aren’t naturally slim in figure like Jinelle

Meagan Sharp made the team at 18, and then in Season 5 got called out for needing a bigger pair of shorts.  So, they aren't allowed to go thru puberty and Meagan also had a thyroid disorder.

7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

but i always thought that they danced so much, especially during training camp, that they would have to really overeat to gain weight but guess not. when victoria was gaining weight (?) throughout training camp in season 13 i was like??? how lmao

Miranda said on a podcast that during TC - it's about the only time they can eat what they want and not gain weight cause they dance for hours almost every day.  

Regarding Victoria gaining weight, it's why I think they should have done more to see what was going on.  Kelli told her she was getting enough cardio, but to gain that much, that fast???

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I always think of Holly P. Her rookie year, she said she was working out so much but still couldn't seem to lose the weight, yet still won Jay's challenge. The next season, Kitty kept going on about how she looked too buff! You cannot win with these people! I'd rather see healthy girls who are a few pounds over Kelli's desired weight than those who look so, so skinny and unhealthy. My main issue is comparing each girl's weight to others on the squad at their height. Everyone is made differently!

Kelli states in uniform fittings almost every year that each girl has such a "unique" body that they have to custom fit the uniform to, but then use something as "standard" as "if you're the same height as x number of girls on the squad, you MUST be the same weight".  Obviously, Kelli doesn't care about how unique each body is when it comes to weight.  These girls are not built exactly alike nor are they identical in any way, shape, or form.  They have different bone structures, musculature, metabolisms, etc.  They are INDIVIDUAL human beings.  Every reputable website I saw and book I read that dealt with sports nutrition and the like use a general guide with a weight RANGE and even then, the lowest weight seemed to be over what little Kelli has said about it on the show.  We've also seen and heard what girls have done to maintain a low weight.  It's also not natural to expect these girls/women to maintain a weight that might not be healthy for them for so many years.  To do so could be (and likely is) damaging to them physically (we already know it's damaging to them mentally).

• Love 18
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kelli states in uniform fittings almost every year that each girl has such a "unique" body that they have to custom fit the uniform to, but then use something as "standard" as "if you're the same height as x number of girls on the squad, you MUST be the same weight".  Obviously, Kelli doesn't care about how unique each body is when it comes to weight.  These girls are not built exactly alike nor are they identical in any way, shape, or form.  They have different bone structures, musculature, metabolisms, etc.  They are INDIVIDUAL human beings.  Every reputable website I saw and book I read that dealt with sports nutrition and the like use a general guide with a weight RANGE and even then, the lowest weight seemed to be over what little Kelli has said about it on the show.  We've also seen and heard what girls have done to maintain a low weight.  It's also not natural to expect these girls/women to maintain a weight that might not be healthy for them for so many years.  To do so could be (and likely is) damaging to them physically (we already know it's damaging to them mentally).

I'm all for keeping fit and healthy but I've also been there (in dance). There's so much pressure and that's how I developed an eating disorder. I actually think it could be harder for the smaller girls. Was it Courtney in s9 who lost about 8-9 lbs and said she hadn't been that slim since school? Asking young women to have the same figure they had pre-puberty isn't healthy at all. Then you get someone like Lauren in s12 who was super fit and muscly, she probably weighed more than other women her height. 

I actually think a longer short would be a little more flattering, rather than hotpants. It could help cover up some exposed butt too and then those women who have more muscular thighs might stand a chance. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm all for keeping fit and healthy but I've also been there (in dance). There's so much pressure and that's how I developed an eating disorder. I actually think it could be harder for the smaller girls. Was it Courtney in s9 who lost about 8-9 lbs and said she hadn't been that slim since school? Asking young women to have the same figure they had pre-puberty isn't healthy at all. Then you get someone like Lauren in s12 who was super fit and muscly, she probably weighed more than other women her height. 

I actually think a longer short would be a little more flattering, rather than hotpants. It could help cover up some exposed butt too and then those women who have more muscular thighs might stand a chance. 

Yep. As soon as Courtney made that comment about not being that small in years, I thought she might be a one and done.

It’s one thing to lose that weight for a set purpose (making the team), but very difficult to stay there long term. I’m short and a similar build to Courtney. I would be called soft by the DCCs too, even though I have a small frame and I’ve basically been a Size 2 for most of my adult life. If I were in training camp, I could probably get down to a Size 0 (I’ve done it before w strict diets), but staying there all year would be a different story. I would inevitably get back to a 2 and be called soft again and be on weight warning (cycle would repeat over and over)- but that’s the size and shape I’m supposed to be. I feel like Courtney was in a similar boat. Vivian would’ve also been in that boat had she made it, I think.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. As soon as Courtney made that comment about not being that small in years, I thought she might be a one and done.

It’s one thing to lose that weight for a set purpose (making the team), but very difficult to stay there long term. I’m short and a similar build to Courtney. I would be called soft by the DCCs too, even though I have a small frame and I’ve basically been a Size 2 for most of my adult life. If I were in training camp, I could probably get down to a Size 0 (I’ve done it before w strict diets), but staying there all year would be a different story. I would inevitably get back to a 2 and be called soft again and be on weight warning (cycle would repeat over and over)- but that’s the size and shape I’m supposed to be. I feel like Courtney was in a similar boat. Vivian would’ve also been in that boat had she made it, I think.

Kelli expects these girls to maintain unrealistic weights and sizes because the uniform and the concept of the DCC "team" is more important than these girls' mental and physical health.  I would have more respect for Kelli if she worked with a reputable sports nutritionist/dietician and found a weight that not only worked for the girls' individual body but the uniform and their future on the squad, formed a diet and exercise plan that works for their body and their lifestyle and modified it as time went by and their bodies changed.  But that would cost time, money and effort as well as show care and compassion for the girls and we all know Kelli can't spare that for anyone but her favorites.

• Love 13

Endometriosis is a painful disorder that can affect ones reproductive health. For a young engaged woman, I am sure Marissa’s fiancé and Marissa are terrified what could happen. . Having gone thru similar issues as a young married woman of 22 my heart goes out to her. I do not think her fiancé’s posts are any different than the many shared posts of Jordan Tabor’s  baby who is critically ill that we have all prayed for. 
I hope Marissa comes out of this healthy and happy and with the best body for her future and any children Marissa and her fiancé want to have   

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
On 3/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Endometriosis is a painful disorder that can affect ones reproductive health. For a young engaged woman, I am sure Marissa’s fiancé and Marissa are terrified what could happen. . Having gone thru similar issues as a young married woman of 22 my heart goes out to her. I do not think her fiancé’s posts are any different than the many shared posts of Jordan Tabor’s  baby who is critically ill that we have all prayed for. 
I hope Marissa comes out of this healthy and happy and with the best body for her future and any children Marissa and her fiancé want to have   

I see no reason why something this personal needs to be filmed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I see no reason why something this personal needs to be filmed.

If done properly, she could bring light to something that many women experience but rarely talk about even with their own doctors (and even then, they have to fight to get it not only correctly identified, but properly treated).  It could have been a multi-part video talking about what symptoms she had and what the common symptoms are; the questions she had for her doctor and what questions she felt she should have asked as well as what other questions could/should be asked; what the procedure is and what it should entail; what her treatment afterwards is and what should people be watching out for both good and bad.  Something like that.  It would allow her to highlight herself but also give important information that is both general and specific to help people out.  She had a VERY good idea, but the execution was . . . not as I would have hoped it would be.  Still, it is getting the word out there even if I don't appreciate her delivery of said idea.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 12

It seems to be the thing to do to share medical issues these days. While I'm annoyed by a lot of it, I'd rather put up with a few attention whores and be glad that others have the platforms to get the support they need.

I had the same surgery as Marissa, and I will say my husband filmed me coming out of it because I was loopy and hilarious!! I've also had other medical issues that I didn't do a play-by-play of but shared when I felt discouraged and needed prayers or a friend. Some people share every hangnail, and it's annoying but I have to remember everything is relative. 

• Love 10

I didn’t watch Marissa’s video, but I agree with the notion that if putting her surgery on social media can help bring awareness to issues that are absolutely not discussed enough, then that’s a good thing. Endometriosis is a leading cause of Infertility, and infertility is something that many, many women suffer with in private, but is rarely talked about publicly. 

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Kamal said:

image.png.c39eaee2b1552b79f192c8d81889c726.png

This is my favorite picture of Kelcey so far. Picture from her insta https://www.instagram.com/p/CMXs99BsKFU/?igshid=1vy8y014m4esz

Would love to see you all's favorite picture of your favorite girl.

I think she's one of the prettiest women they've had on the squad in recent years. She looks naturally beautiful but not OTT beautiful if that makes sense. Like she seems like a girl's girl and a great person to hang out with, rather than unapporachable.

• Love 17

I agree it can be useful to bring awareness to things such as illness.  But I feel there are much better venues than Tik Tok.  Based on Marissa's previous postings, her style is to always bring attention to herself and it doesn't work for me.  Just as during the season when they focused on her friend's horseback riding death.  Her tears seemed so fake. 

I don't need people to agree with me.  It's no secret I can't stand Marissa.  As someone in another group put it, she's an attention whore and it's a huge turn-off for me.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Another of the "many faces of Gina?" LOL

I will say, that hair color really works for her.

I'm sure they give the girls that bright yellow blonde to be seen at the stadium, but the honey blonde looks so much better on Gina and Victoria.

• Love 3
On 3/14/2021 at 11:22 PM, TorProc said:

EBD6B1F9-9057-48CE-8687-46022A610055.jpeg

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

Another of the "many faces of Gina?" LOL

I will say, that hair color really works for her.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I'm sure they give the girls that bright yellow blonde to be seen at the stadium, but the honey blonde looks so much better on Gina and Victoria.

Whoa. Who’s the new Real House Wife?

I kid. I kid. Im just jealous that I didn’t have access to all these beauty perks when I was 25! Of course I was deployed for my entire 25th year on earth. Hate having to catch up on skin preservation at nearly 44. 

In all honesty, I actually think she looks great, and she is one of my favorite dancers to watch. 

Agreed @scorpio1031 That hair color is SO much better on her. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 8
On 3/15/2021 at 2:00 AM, Lona said:

This chart is very telling lol. (From Reddit). 

dcc.png

What does this chart tell me?

• The reports about Armani must be true

What this chart doesn't tell me:

• That there will be a massive exodus due to the events that transpired last TC, eventhough all 3rd year vets are on a 'No info' status. It is just too early to tell, imho

What does it tell you?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

i feel like most rookies are just eager to have a regular year and experience what it's like to be a dcc for real, and vets are probably a little weary and cautious of a similar audition process + might want to hang it up sooner than they would otherwise because the fun and security has been sucked out of it a bit. rookies have way more to gain with the world opening up a bit again, and vets will probably still have another at least slightly watered down experience

i don't think it's a potential 'walkout' as much as it might be 'i'm a little tired of this, maybe i should move on'

i'm super excited to see who's done, though.

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

What does this chart tell me?

• The reports about Armani must be true

What this chart doesn't tell me:

• That there will be a massive exodus due to the events that transpired last TC, eventhough all 3rd year vets are on a 'No info' status. It is just too early to tell, imho

What does it tell you?

I'm not sure how this chart affirms the reports about Armani being supposedly toxic. Can you explain your thinking? 

It tells me most rookies want a shot at a "real" DCC experience. Can't blame them! 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

But they sure were quick to insult Loren's yellow hair 😞 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, Lona said:

dcc.png

Very interesting. I was expecting Taylor and Alora-Rose to entire.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

But they sure were quick to insult Loren's yellow hair 😞 

I am still mad about this lol. She wanted to stay a blonde so badly. They should have just changed her from a yellow-blonde to a platinum blonde

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dccfan204 said:

I am still mad about this lol. She wanted to stay a blonde so badly. They should have just changed her from a yellow-blonde to a platinum blonde

Or pop in some lowlights and toner, she would have looked amazing. I wasn't a fan of her brunette shade, I don't blame her for not liking it. I know she told Kelli she did, clearly she was fibbing.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or pop in some lowlights and toner, she would have looked amazing. I wasn't a fan of her brunette shade, I don't blame her for not liking it. I know she told Kelli she did, clearly she was fibbing.

It's funny, in some lighting and with some makeup I thought it looked like a super dark, chocolate brown and it really did make her eyes and skin look gorgeous, and then in other situations it looked kind of faded and muddy and not that great.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Very interesting. I was expecting Taylor and Alora-Rose to entire.

Taylor's auditioning again? Look I am sure that she is a lovely girl and a good dancer and all, but she's just so boring and forgettable. I was expecting Alora-Rose to audition again but she'll probably be a one year wonder. I am also hoping that Sydney retires as well but who knows?

Also what's going on with Armani? I haven't been on the forums in a while. 

• Love 8

Another I may have to unfollow bc of all her mid level marketing posts, Kristin and it bums me out bc she is one of my FAVES but I cannot with every single post/story on Insta is a discount code for her many things, girl nobody cares about what you're shilling show us some dancing or fun life stuff, sigh... I think she'll gracefully retire this year bc if she doesn't she'll probably get shown the door... 

• Love 9
On 3/16/2021 at 8:18 AM, parrotfeathers said:

It tells me we have about the same information we do every year about this time.

Yep. Also, it seems like every year there are reports of mass retirements, but they never actually happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep. Also, it seems like every year there are reports of mass retirements, but they never actually happen.

It is all coming down to have they do finals and training camp if they go back into a bubble there will be a lot of vets who retire they didn’t like it 

• Love 3
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, DizzySometimes86 said:

I'm not sure how this chart affirms the reports about Armani being supposedly toxic. Can you explain your thinking? 

Well, my line of thinking was that if the reports on Armani are accurate, she would not want to audition again.

If the reports on Armani are false I would think that she would have joined the others in communicating that she would be auditioning again.

• Love 1

Armani wants to be a prosecutor so perhaps she is applying to law schools.  For as many who dream they can be a lawyer/go to law school in the day and cheer at night, it’s not possible. ( always gives me the giggles when some girl naively says that). Law school was  3 years of hell in my life.  and if someone hopes to pass, they need lots of study time.  Same with Daphne who took the LSAT.  Then when they become lawyers it’s usually more than 40 hours a week 

There’s more to life than being a DCC.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

For as many who dream they can be a lawyer/go to law school in the day and cheer at night, it’s not possible

Nicole Bulcher gave up law school for DCC. I know the saying is "you can always go back," but for those in the know, would it be too long after college graduation now? 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nicole Bulcher gave up law school for DCC. I know the saying is "you can always go back," but for those in the know, would it be too long after college graduation now? 

No. There were a few people in their 30s and 40s in my law school class, but it's definitely harder to go back than to go all the way through or only take a few years off after undergrad. It's just hard to get back into the mode of being a student again, and law school (particularly the first year) is intense. For example, I can't imagine having kids and being a first year student, although plenty of people manage it - you just have to be in a certain type of mindset, which I don't think a lot of people are once they have been out of college for 10+ years. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 3/16/2021 at 10:18 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Taylor's auditioning again? Look I am sure that she is a lovely girl and a good dancer and all, but she's just so boring and forgettable. I was expecting Alora-Rose to audition again but she'll probably be a one year wonder. I am also hoping that Sydney retires as well but who knows?

Also what's going on with Armani? I haven't been on the forums in a while. 

Never did I think that Taylor would have been this successful as a DCC. She got a great edit last season and seems now a lock to stay as long was she wants. Some may say that's because she is friends with Sam Finglass; maybe. But other than that-- maybe they just like having "tall-girl-teacher Taylor."  She's tall and "eh" - to me.

I fully 100 percent expect Alora- Rose to get the Kat comeback story line this year. Lots of backlash for taking her over three vets. No way does Kelli say "Oh yeah, I was wrong about this girl." Nope, we will be sold the idea that Alora- Rose is the queen of DCC.

As for Armani. Rumors say there have been some toxic teammate vibes going on. ??? Idk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I stopped by the website for the first time in a few days and this is the very first thing you see. Are we one step closer to another """""bubble"""""?

DCC-Auditions_2550x1440-1536x864.thumb.jpg.45059c31d74ca3371f65b3ef0155dd34.jpg

They have been doing  technique Tuesday’s in there studio so I’m thinking it could be a test run on doing training camp in the studio 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I stopped by the website for the first time in a few days and this is the very first thing you see. Are we one step closer to another """""bubble"""""?

DCC-Auditions_2550x1440-1536x864.thumb.jpg.45059c31d74ca3371f65b3ef0155dd34.jpg

I can’t see the need for another bubble. Life has been pretty normal in Texas for a long time. The bubble would be only for optics. 

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I can’t see the need for another bubble. Life has been pretty normal in Texas for a long time. The bubble would be only for optics. 

Pretty much !! Plus they already said they would keep online auditions bc they got more apps then ever 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Yeah, I can't see another bubble either but I see them implementing certain aspects that they did for the bubble like the length of rehearsals and the giving rookies some dances ahead of time. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

Yeah, I can't see another bubble either but I see them implementing certain aspects that they did for the bubble like the length of rehearsals and the giving rookies some dances ahead of time. 

And possibly like they are doing for the technique Tuesday classes doing small groups !!! 

• Love 1
On 3/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, Tuxcat said:

I fully 100 percent expect Alora- Rose to get the Kat comeback story line this year. Lots of backlash for taking her over three vets. No way does Kelli say "Oh yeah, I was wrong about this girl." Nope, we will be sold the idea that Alora- Rose is the queen of DCC.

Why did I not realize this....

• Love 3
On 3/15/2021 at 10:00 AM, Lona said:

dcc.png

Have all these girls in green officially said they are trying out again in a Instagram post or something or are some unofficial (personal DMs with them). Couldn't find much posts on their instagram talking about try-outs.

• Love 1