Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E26: Life After Lockup: Truth Bombs

• Start Topic

Lindsey reaches her breaking point and loses it on Scott.  Brittany's search for her mom takes a surprising turn. Destinie's revelation threatens her court date.  Andrea's bold move risks everything with Lamar. Sarah storms off.

Original air date 2021.01.15

Oh noes!  Destinie goes off on Scott.  Sarah storms off.  Why, we've never seen that before.  They are both so even keeled.  

More in the search for Britanzzzz's mom.  Is she in treatment? Is she squirreled away in the backyard Brit and Marcie seem to have forgotten about?  Was she hiding in a dryer at the laundromat where we had such a scintillating time with marshmallow man last episode?  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Lindsey is such an entitled brat. I'm no fan of Scott, but I wish he'd kick her out on her stupid ass. So what if he sees prostitutes? She doesn't give a flying doughnut about him. Not to mention her secret lover whom she thinks should be camped out in his driveway. Need to get her nasty visage off my TV.

I'm sick of getting 10 minutes of Hip Hop instead of much of a preview of this show. False advertising! LOL

gaah.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

This has been "a week" for me - and not in a good way. I am looking forward to this shitshow tonight. I will try to live chat but last week, I kept on getting kicked off the site. 

Regardless, I will be watching, drink in hand, and most likely yelling at the TV. The majority of all these folks are despicable. (The kids on the show are not dispicable - they are sadly subjected to all this nonsense by their idiot parents.)

Edited by hookedontv
  • Love 11

I forgot to say it's rich that Andrea is upset that Lamar is teaching her daughter to lie to her, when not so long ago, she was lying to said daughter with some fairytale whopper about how she was conceived.

I guess deception is OK as long as Andrea is not the target.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, renatae said:

I forgot to say it's rich that Andrea is upset that Lamar is teaching her daughter to lie to her, when not so long ago, she was lying to said daughter with some fairytale whopper about how she was conceived.

I guess deception is OK as long as Andrea is not the target.

At least she remains a wonderful example of a Mormon wife and mother.  Andrea will do anything to get on TV and remain there.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Oh spare me Brittney, you're worried that your storyline is gone and isn't answering your phone calls so you can humiliate her some more on national TV because you're too lazy and unmotivated to do anything else in life besides exploit and debase your mom for a reality show paycheck.  

When her mother asked for help, Brittney never mentioned the word rehab or recovery, and now she is suddenly clutching pearls over her mothers whereabouts?  You know how that could have been avoided?  By putting that woman in residential treatment and not dragging her to a couples counseling session and humiliating her in front of a national television audience.  But Brittney wasn't about to let her golden goose run away.  And yeah, maybe its pricey, but I betcha Brittney isn't above a gofundme and people would have been more than happy to contribute to help her mother.  

Marcelino can also miss me, oh you don't like Brittney's mom?  Well she is the only thing keeping your boring ass on the show.  Unless of course you won some big pot of money from playing poker or got a real job while no one was looking?  Oh, of course not.  Does Marcellino really imagine he is charming, witty or interesting?  He was an outright asshole in his first season and is barely palatable now.  

The patronizing and condescending tone from Marcelino, who, while sober, has like no real job and is relying on Brittney's drug addicted mother for a paycheck is pretty rich.  

I really hope Brittney's mother is long gone and the two of them have to try to find someone else to exploit for a reality show paycheck.  

• Love 5

Oh, Scott all of a sudden thinks that Princess Victim Lindsay's prison troubles may not have been all been because everyone was "jealous" of "pretty" white Lindsay.  

LOL.  These two deserve each other so much.  

Also, isn't tinactin an itch cream?  Lindsay better be careful about exactly where "steaks for sex" Scott is itching.  

LOL @ Lindsay trashing the house she has to live in.  If Scott is renting, he can move out anytime and just let the landlord keep the security deposit.  Lindsay HAS to live there....in a trashed house.  So.....way to play yourself girl!

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 13

Unpopular opinion, but I actually feel really sorry for Sarah.  

Yes, she gets enraged and slips into blaccent so its easy to hate her, but Michael LOVES to gaslight her and push her buttons.  

I've seen times where she kinda wants to disengage and leave, and he will just follow her around and needle her and needle her until she blows up. 

That argument enraged me.  Michael is somehow arguing a) that he is a good father when he doesn't even know what his children are named, hasn't bothered to financially support them or live in the same state as them and b) that Sarah is at fault for painting him out to be a bad father when the reason he is a shitty father who doesn't spend time with his kids is her and c) that he has really done the "best he can" and that d) he deserves all sorts of respect from her and should be immediately granted access to his kids no matter what he has done to her or how long he has abandoned them.

I disagree with him on all counts.  Yeah, her kids are going to suffer not having a father figure in their lives, but they are going to suffer as much, if not more, by having an inconsistent father figure who treats their mother like shit.  What is that going to teach his daughters?

I would be outraged if I were Sarah, and I were raising those kids alone and Michael tried to paint himself as a good or equal parent.  She may not be the best parent, but she is the ONLY parent as far as I'm concerned.  Sarah is right, Michael traipses about, shows up whenever he feels like it, contributes nothing, demands to see his kids, calls them generic nicknames and takes off again.  He isnt a good dad....hell, he wouldn't even qualify as a good babysitter.  

But, he just pushes and pushes and pushes.  I think she is wants to disengage, she just doesn't know how, because his arguments are such bullshit and he is so insulting and outrageous.  

Those poor little girls.  The best thing Michael can do is just leave.  Sarah wouldn't get her hopes up just to have them crushed, and then she wouldn't take out that disappointment on her children.  Her kids wouldn't see her in these rages.  

He must have a soul that looks like a funhouse mirror if he can delude himself into thinking that any of this makes him look like a good father.  

• Love 14
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Unpopular opinion, but I actually feel really sorry for Sarah.  

Yes, she gets enraged and slips into blaccent so its easy to hate her, but Michael LOVES to gaslight her and push her buttons.  

I've seen times where she kinda wants to disengage and leave, and he will just follow her around and needle her and needle her until she blows up. 

That argument enraged me.  Michael is somehow arguing a) that he is a good father when he doesn't even know what his children are named, hasn't bothered to financially support them or live in the same state as them and b) that Sarah is at fault for painting him out to be a bad father when the reason he is a shitty father who doesn't spend time with his kids is her and c) that he has really done the "best he can" and that d) he deserves all sorts of respect from her and should be immediately granted access to his kids no matter what he has done to her or how long he has abandoned them.

I disagree with him on all counts.  Yeah, her kids are going to suffer not having a father figure in their lives, but they are going to suffer as much, if not more, by having an inconsistent father figure who treats their mother like shit.  What is that going to teach his daughters?

I would be outraged if I were Sarah, and I were raising those kids alone and Michael tried to paint himself as a good or equal parent.  She may not be the best parent, but she is the ONLY parent as far as I'm concerned.  Sarah is right, Michael traipses about, shows up whenever he feels like it, contributes nothing, demands to see his kids, calls them generic nicknames and takes off again.  He isnt a good dad....hell, he wouldn't even qualify as a good babysitter.  

But, he just pushes and pushes and pushes.  I think she is wants to disengage, she just doesn't know how, because his arguments are such bullshit and he is so insulting and outrageous.  

Those poor little girls.  The best thing Michael can do is just leave.  Sarah wouldn't get her hopes up just to have them crushed, and then she wouldn't take out that disappointment on her children.  Her kids wouldn't see her in these rages.  

He must have a soul that looks like a funhouse mirror if he can delude himself into thinking that any of this makes him look like a good father.  

I agree Michael sucks in all ways but Sarah is just as terrible. She uses those babies to try to guilt him and control him into staying with her, it has NEVER worked so the bleach is destroying brain cells. She knows he’s trash but/and keeps letting the trash around because her and her blaccent like it. It makes her feel special and not some Doughy face chuckie doll that lives for hood adjacent fun. And she has no gratitude which really irritates me. She lives a pretty cushy life for a single mom with no career. She is an agent of her own chaos. That man don’t want u. Cut your loses and be the good mother u always screaming u is and PARENT those kids AWAY from him. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 9

Scott's house looks fairly new and middle-class, right?  Why would anyone build or buy a place in Mississippi with no central A/C (there was a window unit shown in the front)?

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

If Scott is renting, he can move out anytime and just let the landlord keep the security deposit.  Lindsay HAS to live there....in a trashed house

Trashed or not, Lindsay has no way of paying rent to continue living there; she'll just inflict herself on her mother again.  Also, I laughed when she threatened Flappy that she'd be f'ing somebody on his bed this weekend; at this point, it's fairly obvious he couldn't care less.

Speaking of trashed, God God, Andrea, use some of that energy to clean your filthy house (and fix your hair). And why do you think anyone wants to see your ham hock arms and giant gut through that 'sexy schoolmarm' blouse?

Density's talking heads look very glamorous in a meth-head kind of way; she does have beautiful eyes and cheekbones. But she's still going to end up looking like mom. Sorry to hear about her childhood trauma, it does explain a lot, although she's still a very unpleasant human being.

Speaking of mom, despite all Brit's wild-eyed angst,  mom turned up looking fine, with clean shiny hair and no signs of intoxication (not that I saw, anyway). Brit needs to 'Netflix and Chill', as the sign says. I'd love to know how much the motel is getting paid to allow their reputation, such as it is, to be so thoroughly trashed. I felt sorry for the dog, dragged around for hours just to help Brit and Mars make a few reality show dollahs.

I want to see Chon and Daddy Daycare in their upcoming cage match. And it looks like Shovel and Quaylude are headed for the final countdown, too.

Sick of Murgh and Cabbage Patch, but I'm incensed that WEtv would allow their poor, poor kids to be used as props in this toxic side show.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL @ Lindsay trashing the house she has to live in.  If Scott is renting, he can move out anytime and just let the landlord keep the security deposit.  Lindsay HAS to live there....in a trashed house.  So.....way to play yourself girl!

But wouldn't Scott's name be the only one on the lease?  If he moves out (willingly forfeiting his security deposit) and Lindsay stays, Scott is still legally responsible for the rent.  If it doesn't get paid and the landlord evicts Lindsay, the back-due rent would still be Scott's responsibility or it's going to wreck his credit - even more than his credit is already wrecked.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But wouldn't Scott's name be the only one on the lease?

Assuming he leased. He may be renting month-to-month. I don't know about Mississippi, but in my state, you can give 30 days notice and that's it, if there's no lease. 

Anyway, I assume all he has to do is notify Lindsay's parole officer about her behavior to get him/his address removed as her parole location. Then he calls the police if she doesn't leave, I guess.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Speaking of trashed, God God, Andrea, use some of that energy to clean your filthy house (and fix your hair). And why do you think anyone wants to see your ham hock arms and giant gut through that 'sexy schoolmarm' blouse?

I hate her so much.  She's been getting mad and running away since her first episode.  Enough, I don't want to see her anymore.

That scene with Lindsay and Scott reminds me of Heather/Dylan.  They have very little footage so they're dragging it out endlessly.  Lindsay's a bad actress and Scott's a lying pig.  The only ones I feel for are the poor dogs. 

I knew Destine had to have some kind of trauma in her life, you don't get like that on your own.  It's horrible what she went through, hopefully she can get some therapy one day and start repairing her life.

I really hate how Sarah and Michael scream and curse at each other right in their daughter's face.  I'm sick of seeing them too, they need to go.

So from the preview it looks like we see Kristiana after her time in jail and John her "husband" is fooling around (?) with her sister?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

But wouldn't Scott's name be the only one on the lease?  If he moves out (willingly forfeiting his security deposit) and Lindsay stays, Scott is still legally responsible for the rent.  If it doesn't get paid and the landlord evicts Lindsay, the back-due rent would still be Scott's responsibility or it's going to wreck his credit - even more than his credit is already wrecked.

If the police force hasn’t been defunded yet, perhaps FlapJack could call them and get a restraining order? Is she on parole? Could he make a case for malicious destruction or vandalism? Or at least threaten Lindsay that if he reports her, she might not be able to spend time with her daughter whom she loves more than anything in the world? 

@sempervivum, I posted before I read your comment. We are of like minds.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

What thought process is going through Lindsey’s mind that she thanks she had a leg to stand on or a pearl to clutch? You are in HIS house he could easily call the cops and you would be back in jail .. you are on camera destroying his property... is she like high or something? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

I hate her so much.  She's been getting mad and running away since her first episode.  Enough, I don't want to see her anymore.

This! +1000%
I also don't want to see her sanctimonious ass, I don't want to see FiveHead, I don't want to see Lacey's silicone boobs/butt/lips, I don't want to see the Chain Smoker, I don't want to see any of these over-exposed nothings. Especially with five minutes of flashbacks and 3.7 seconds of new material.

1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

I really hate how Sarah and Michael scream and curse at each other right in their daughter's face.  I'm sick of seeing them too, they need to go.

Not only in her face, but while holding the youngest one. That really bothered me. I kept yelling at the screen for them to put the kids down and argue out of their hearing/sight. One can only imagine the life-long effects that tension will have on those children and their emotional development. Granted, the littlest one was too young to understand the 'No, FuckYOU!' battle at max volume, but they could certainly pick up on the atmosphere and know something was wrong. Those kids are much more perceptive than their shitty parents think.

Edited by dsteele
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think he would just tell the landlord he is moving out if he is on a month to month.  

He moves his stuff out and goes.  Lindsay has no rights so she would just be a squatter.

Even if he is on a year lease m, I believe that most times you get fined for breaking the lease early.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Anyway, I assume all he has to do is notify Lindsay's parole officer about her behavior to get him/his address removed as her parole location. Then he calls the police if she doesn't leave, I guess.

If Scott had any brains at all he'd have called her parole officer on his way home, tell him she was vandalizing his house, and request instructions. 

• Love 7

I get the impression that Scott is amused by Lindsey's antics.  Knowing that he has the upper-hand with the house, has money (such as it is) and she has no leverage.  He can get the sex aspect satisfied so Lindsey is really just entertainment to him at this point, imo.

All of these couples feel like manufactured drama, expect for Sarah/Michael, where she's desperate to get him back inspite of everything.  That one is genuine in her feelings about her husband no matter how much she says otherwise.  

• Love 7

Andrea involving her daughter in gown up matters and feelings is just as bad as Lamar instructing the child to keep a secret from her mother. Both of them are wrong for doing that. I agree with the poster who said Andrea will do anything to stay on TV. I couldn't finish watching it last night as it made me so sad those people are so willing to do unhealthy things and are so cheaply paid for it. Plus they have no regard for the mental health of the children on the show.

• Love 10

When I watch this shitshow I am just enraged at how casually these morons drag their children, some of them very young, through the chaos and constantly shifting people in their lives. And no one pisses me off more than Shavel, who has declared to her five year old daughter (five? four?) that this ex con she's known outside for a minute and a half is her 'daddy' and now she's done with him she still promotes the idea that Quaylon is her 'daddy' etc. She is messing up that little girl for life for no reason other than her own twisted need to have any man in her life.  Quaylon is not her dad. He's not her stepdad. He's just some guy she slept with for a minute on TV. I hate that woman.

• Love 16

For some reason, I only watched half the episode on the TLC app, so I has no idea what some of you were talking about.

That last scene with Brittney was chilling to me.  I think there is something seriously wrong with her.  

Her mother did not appear drunk or high and Brittney looked low key disappointed.  Brittney JUST SAID that she was worried she might have pushed her mother back to using....and the first thing Brittney does when she gets Claudia in the car is start needling her and pushing her to admit what she has done.  

I felt like I was watching more of an abduction.  Brittney spent FIVE HOURS stressed out that her storyline was ignoring her and she wasn't about to risk letting her human punching bag slip through her fingers again.  So, she hustled her into the car and they are going to "talk about" things tomorrow.  I hope, for Claudia's sake that Brittney buys a clue and realizes that she is starting to look shitty and sends that woman to inpatient rehab.  

I shudder to think of Claudia spending the night in that house and being constantly harangued, humiliated and embarrassed, judged and shamed and pushed and pushed until she just goes out and gets wasted out of her gourd so Brittney can capture it for the TV cameras and continue to sell her mother as a total villain and Brittney and Marcelino as total saints.

I saw a little half smile on Brittney's face when they saw a crackhead fight, another little grin and an excited tone when she thought her mom was in the cop car or sitting on the ground.  There is something seriously flawed in Brittney's soul and/or she may be more addicted to that crazy life than he thought.  

9 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

I get the impression that Scott is amused by Lindsey's antics.  Knowing that he has the upper-hand with the house, has money (such as it is) and she has no leverage.  He can get the sex aspect satisfied so Lindsey is really just entertainment to him at this point, imo.

All of these couples feel like manufactured drama, expect for Sarah/Michael, where she's desperate to get him back inspite of everything.  That one is genuine in her feelings about her husband no matter how much she says otherwise.  

I dont know, I think Scott is playing with fire.

Literal fire because I feel like Lindsay could burn down that house while he is out.  

I hope the landlord got a healthy security deposit. 

Actually, wasn't Scott remodeling the house?  Can you do that with a rental?  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, zenme said:

What happened  to the supposed decorator that had an unlimited budget at Scott and Lindsay’s?

Oh, she was probably just brought in for exposition. You know "my fiancee is coming to live here with her daughter. She just got out of jail. Yes, I am a very wealthy man with an unlimited budget for decor." No one is going to tell me that a professional decorator was anywhere near that mess. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, zenme said:

What happened  to the supposed decorator that had an unlimited budget at Scott and Lindsay’s?

She suffered the same fate as the saleswoman who was supposed to be finding them "the most expensive car" on the used car lot.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I shudder to think of Claudia spending the night in that house and being constantly harangued, humiliated and embarrassed, judged and shamed and pushed and pushed until she just goes out and gets wasted out of her gourd so Brittney can capture it for the TV cameras and continue to sell her mother as a total villain and Brittney and Marcelino as total saints.

Her name is Cynthia/Cindy, and she signed a contract agreeing to be paid for every single one of the episodes she's shown in. Her own guilt at abandoning Brit may be the reason she's allowing herself to be portrayed as she is. Or she may just be willing to do anything for money.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Her name is Cynthia/Cindy, and she signed a contract agreeing to be paid for every single one of the episodes she's shown in. Her own guilt at abandoning Brit may be the reason she's allowing herself to be portrayed as she is. Or she may just be willing to do anything for money.

I thought marcellino called her Claudia? Admittedly, I dont pay much attention when he is talking because zzzzzzzz.

Mileage will vary, but even if she signed up to be humiliated and embarrassed its still not right for Brittney to take advantage of her mothers desperation and/or guilt to humiliate, embarass and debase her.  Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should do it or that its not reprehensible.  

"Well they signed the contract" was the same excuse used by the guy behind "hobo fights" who often paid a desperate homeless person like $10 to get hit with a 2x4 or a trash can or be otherwise humiliated and hurt.  

Yeah, he could do it.  He had the signed contract and no one could prove that the guys who signed it were too drunk to legally sign.  But it was still reprehensible. 

• Love 2

So a few weekends ago I got bored and did a free Kindle download of Brittany's book and after reading it I cannot express to you how much I DON'T get a damn about Brittany's mom. Marcelino seemed cold and uncaring talking about Cindy but she is absolute trash and doesn't deserve anyone spending 5 minutes looking for her let alone 5 hours. She can kick rocks. 

Brittany needs to realize she will never get the relationship she wants from her mom. Rehabbing her will never get back the 30 years of neglect and trauma Brittany experienced at her hands. She needs to cut the cord and focus on her own children and her own healing. 

I have no sympathy for Sarah either. Michael is trash and has really been nothing but trash since they met from what I understand. They NEVER had a healthy relationship. Sarah is mad that she invested time, energy and money into a man hoping it would make him want her and it didn't. He has shown her in every way possible he could give less than a fuck about those babies and she is still using those girls to get to him. To Rayne he is a total stranger and to Aviahna he's a random guy named  Daddy who shows up to play with her for an hour and then disappear for 6 months. He couldn't even be bothered to show up for the court date. Those children are props to him

She needs to finally divorce him, obtain full custody and figure out what her identity will be in life other than being the bitter single mom. She's young and clearly has the support of her grandparents and friends she can go on to have a really great life but she has got to let Devil Dick go!

• Love 12
On 1/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, sempervivum said:

Assuming he leased. He may be renting month-to-month. I don't know about Mississippi, but in my state, you can give 30 days notice and that's it, if there's no lease. 

When somebody coming out of jail on parole gives an address for the official location he/she can be found ("paroled to"), does the owner or renter of that property have to sign something agreeing that the parolee can use that address?  Does Flappy have any legal obligation to allow her to stay there?  If not, could he call her parole officer and say that he was no longer willing or able to have her live there?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, kylies-lips said:

Brittany needs to realize she will never get the relationship she wants from her mom. Rehabbing her will never get back the 30 years of neglect and trauma Brittany experienced at her hands. She needs to cut the cord and focus on her own children and her own healing. 

From my own experience . . . it looks like Brittany has given her mother several chances to rebuild their relationship, but mom continues to go back to drugs and alcohol.  Is Brit perfect?  No.  But she'll never be able to focus on her own healing and her own family's needs if she doesn't cut the cord and walk away from the chaos her mother causes in Brit's life.  Easy?  No.  Vital?  Yes.

• Love 7
On 1/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, sempervivum said:

I thought I had responded to this, but I don't see it here.  

Even if she signed a contract, that doesn't mean that Brittney's behavior is less reprehensible.  Exploiting and humiliating your desperate mother for a reality show check, especially when you know how hard the hold of drugs are, is not a good look to me at all.  Even and especially when that person is your mother.  

Brittney has done a world of things she is likely ashamed of too when she was on drugs.  Would she have liked to have had her behavior and desperation and humiliation broadcast to the world when she was in the grip of her addiction?  Of course not.  But is she happy to do it to her own mother so she can keep getting paid.  Yes, she and Marcelino know that that is exactly what they are doing to her.  

Back in the day there was this guy who would pay homeless, desperate (and often drug addicted, alcoholic) men like $100 to take a 2x4 to the head, or a trash can to the head, maybe a cinder block.  His defense was always that they had signed the contract, and legally, it was a defense.  But, IMO, the fact that you could get a desperate person to agree to humiliate and hurt themselves didn't make it any less reprehensible.

I thought Marcelino called her Claudia....but I might have not been paying attention because Marcelinozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ETA: @PrincessPurrsALot - I know your'e the mod of this board, I feel like I had posted a lot of this, but if you removed it for some reason because I had broken some rule, please let me know.  Right now I'm assuming I did something dumb like wrote it all out and then clicked a clear button instead of a post button.  Thanx!!!!!!

Edited by RealReality
On 1/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, kylies-lips said:

So a few weekends ago I got bored and did a free Kindle download of Brittany's book and after reading it I cannot express to you how much I DON'T get a damn about Brittany's mom. Marcelino seemed cold and uncaring talking about Cindy but she is absolute trash and doesn't deserve anyone spending 5 minutes looking for her let alone 5 hours. She can kick rocks. 

I don't know that I'd fully trust Brittney's accounting of events.  I've heard things that call her account into question, and she seems to have a very strong vested interest in being the victim to her mother's villain.  Obviously her mother was awful, but I don't think of Brittney has a trustworthy source either.  If you really think about it, Brittney has never really accepted much fault in any of her actions, and making her mother the villain allows Brittney to place blame for her actions at the feet of her mother.  There are very few times I can remember, on the show at least, where Brittney has taken 100% responsibility for anything that has gone wrong in her life.....there always seems to be someone else for her to implicitly or explicitly blame.  

Edited by RealReality
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I thought I had responded to this, but I don't see it here.  

Even if she signed a contract, that doesn't mean that Brittney's behavior is less reprehensible.  Exploiting and humiliating your desperate mother for a reality show check, especially when you know how hard the hold of drugs are, is not a good look to me at all.  Even and especially when that person is your mother.  

Brittney has done a world of things she is likely ashamed of too when she was on drugs.  Would she have liked to have had her behavior and desperation and humiliation broadcast to the world when she was in the grip of her addiction?  Of course not.  But is she happy to do it to her own mother so she can keep getting paid.  Yes, she and Marcelino know that that is exactly what they are doing to her.  

Back in the day there was this guy who would pay homeless, desperate (and often drug addicted, alcoholic) men like $100 to take a 2x4 to the head, or a trash can to the head, maybe a cinder block.  His defense was always that they had signed the contract, and legally, it was a defense.  But, IMO, the fact that you could get a desperate person to agree to humiliate and hurt themselves didn't make it any less reprehensible.

I thought Marcelino called her Claudia....but I might have not been paying attention because Marcelinozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

ETA: @PrincessPurrsALot - I know your'e the mod of this board, I feel like I had posted a lot of this, but if you removed it for some reason because I had broken some rule, please let me know.  Right now I'm assuming I did something dumb like wrote it all out and then clicked a clear button instead of a post button.  Thanx!!!!!!

@RealReality It's four posts above this post.  Naptime?  New glasses? Pandemic brain fog?  At least, for once on these boards, I'm pretty sure it's not the mutha fuckin' crack.  😁

• LOL 8
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

If you really think about it, Brittney has never really accepted much fault in any of her actions, and making her mother the villain allows Brittney to place blame for her actions at the feet of her mother.

Actually, I remember her expressing regret on her first season of the show for the choices she made as an adult, but I hardly think you can expect a 12 year old runaway to 'accept fault' for getting involved with a 30 year old criminal, getting pregnant, hooked on drugs and then involved in dealing and robbery (or whatever it was). 

Maybe Cindy had a horrific childhood herself, we don't know. All we can go by is Brit's account of how her mother abandoning her- which her mother does not dispute- led to her life of crime. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Actually, I remember her expressing regret on her first season of the show for the choices she made as an adult, but I hardly think you can expect a 12 year old runaway to 'accept fault' for getting involved with a 30 year old criminal, getting pregnant, hooked on drugs and then involved in dealing and robbery (or whatever it was). 

Maybe Cindy had a horrific childhood herself, we don't know. All we can go by is Brit's account of how her mother abandoning her- which her mother does not dispute- led to her life of crime. 

Her mother has said that it wasn't as bad as brittney makes it out to be.  I dont put much stock in that statement by itself because her mother is an addict and addicts lie.  

With brittney there is always someone else who is responsible for her actions, explicitly or implicitly.  Even her poor decisions as an adult are laid at her mothers feet, because if you listen to brittney she was forced into her adult mistakes by her childhood.  Which is all her mother's fault.  

Id have to go back but id bet that any expression of regret was followed by a reason why it wasn't her fault. 

When they were having babies without a corresponding income, who was responsible? 

Marcelino, who had to get a job because brittney has all the excuses and these pregnancies just happened!

Im not saying she made babies on her own.  But it was two people, one of whom is brittney who decided to make a baby when marcelino has no discernable job and brittney apparently cannot work (for reasons she has no part in....its just that no one will hire her, not her fault!)

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Lamar and Andrea screaming and fighting in front of the kids. Michael and Sarah screaming and fighting in front of the kids. These "parents" make me sick. 

If the kids paid them as much NOT to argue as TLC pays them TO argue, we'd see a different scenario.  Or maybe not.  They may just be THAT low life for real.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2021 at 4:54 PM, kylies-lips said:

I also read it and, wow, Brittany really had a horrible childhood! I got a bit more context to the book when she was showing her mom where she had lived outside, which I had envisioned as a regular park with grass and trees. Not that wasn't already sad that she didn't have a place to live but seeing that it was in the desert made it even worse. Heat, sand, and dirt. Then, seeing the motel where she had lived that I'd read about. There were some moments in the book where she would be clean for a while but would be back with her mom for a short bit and her mom was was urging her to do drugs together, where Brittany said she didn't really know why but she'd eventually give in and then be doing drugs for again. I was thinking, "Surrrre, you didn't want to but she made you do it." However, I try to remember that she was still a teenager at the time and had already been manipulated by so many, especially adult men, starting when she was around 12. Apparently, she plans to do at least one other book since this one only covers her life up to when she was a teenager. Aside from a few moments, I've always liked her. From the start, her interview segments stood out from those of other cast members. To me, she's well-spoken, measured in her thoughts, and has an introspective disposition. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2