Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

It was just announced by Cody after no speculation needed that they are divorcing. I'm not shocked...at all. 

Can they go for an annulment if they never consummated the marriage?

That's a year of their lives wasted. Hope that the paycheck was worth it. 

As many times as I've heard Dr Pepper say in the past that these are legally binding marriages and they can't be annulled leads me to think that no, they can't. I still believe, despite Dr Pepper, that if it was never consummated than it was never legally binding to begin with. Just guessing. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I still believe, despite Dr Pepper, that if it was never consummated than it was never legally binding to begin with. Just guessing. 

In Illinois they don't have annulment but rather judgements of invalidity and non-consumation isn't grounds.

3 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

In Illinois they don't have annulment but rather judgements of invalidity and non-consumation isn't grounds.

Ah, thank you for the information. Why ever then would they choose to do this show in a state where that is not an option?  Yes, in a perfect world every one would fall in love and live happily ever after. Never seems to work on many tv shows (MAFS, the Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc.). 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Ah, thank you for the information. Why ever then would they choose to do this show in a state where that is not an option?  Yes, in a perfect world every one would fall in love and live happily ever after. Never seems to work on many tv shows (MAFS, the Bachelor/Bachelorette, etc.). 

A lot of people don't view it as a stigma so it doesn't matter to them if they get a divorce, I imagine anyone who goes on this show falls into that category. 

• Love 1

Dude and Homie will miss Cody more than Danielle, since they spent more time with their temporary dad than their mom did.

Any goodbye...so long...farewell sex...nah.....

Charlie and Cody are both single now ladies...fathers...lock up your daughters

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

..... Hope that the paycheck was worth it. ..

Bet that the paycheck from the show was quite sizable compared to their regular jobs as a gym owner and dietician/t-shirt model. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Contracts expired.

BINGO!! And hey the 6 month wait for a divorce to be final would be up now if they filed it at the 6 month mark. Which I said I wouldn't be surprised if that is how it played out. Obviously no one is surprised at this. More so considering the 1 yr tweets out and how that was obvious they were doing other things. Now they can be free and drop the fake act (which was badly done) of being together still.

3 hours ago, red12 said:

Henley Hehner? Why would you do that?

OMG I saw the name and though that as well. Poor girl. I hope there is a reason for the name though.....some special meaning behind it. On another note with that I laughed that not only was this news out but the Cody/Danielle divorce as well. LOL

• Love 4
15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Henley Grace will have enough to talk to her therapist about...her unfortunate name will just break the ice....

Jamie said they are going to call her Gracie, which isn't so bad. I've known people to go by their middle name and it sounds like that's what they are going to do. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

Jamie said they are going to call her Gracie, which isn't so bad. I've known people to go by their middle name and it sounds like that's what they are going to do. 

Which always makes me wonder why they don't switch the names.

• Love 11

On the name choice, I found this:

Otis told PEOPLE back in February they were leaning towards “Henley” — and not because of the famous Don.

“When Doug and I first got married — we were married at first sight, so we didn’t obviously know each other very well — and the first morning, we wake up and he goes, ‘You’re Jamie Nicole Otis, and I’m …’ ‘Douglas Edward Henley?’ ” she explained.

http://people.com/babies/jamie-otis-doug-hehner-welcome-daughter-henley-grace/

It's their decision obviously, but it isn't about what they think of as Jamie's cute mistake, it's about a name she has to LIVE with. But then everything is about Jamie... yes, I forgot.

I never understood the give them a name but not use it thing, but again not my decision.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

To me it's not the name itself; I just don't prefer how it goes with the last name.

This is the thing. I know I wanted names for my kids you didn't hear often. I changed the first letter of one of my son's name from a C to a K when we found the name for him. Their middle names are all first names are the first name of someone from our families. My oldest was my dad's first name, other son was my grandpa's (dad's dad) and our daughter is husband's grandma's first name (his mom's mom). I will never understand when people name their kids but then decide to use only the middle name. I get if the child is older and decides to go by that instead but it seems silly IMO. That is just me though. I thankfully don't have a last name that sound weird with first and middle names. My only rule when we named our kids was I wanted them to have different first letters and middle had to be after someone important to one of us. Some like all the same and I wanted us all different. 

6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Whoever had August 22 as the day for the Degroot/Knapek divorce announcement collect your bet....

Anybody want to name a date for N8 and Sheila's divorce announcement?

LOL I wouldn't be surprised over that one either when it happens. I knew they would probably be together in the end but I think it may not last for long. How long I have no clue but depending on a few things I can see it announced before their 2nd anniversary. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Whoever had August 22 as the day for the Degroot/Knapek divorce announcement collect your bet....

Anybody want to name a date for N8 and Sheila's divorce announcement?

I'd like to take November 27th. I figure that turkey dinner with the families will be the last straw. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

I believe that is leftover from his season which debuted on Tuesday, Dec. 1st, 2015. This year December 1st is a Friday.

Ah, whoops! Thanks. I hadn't been on his Twitter before so just assumed it was new.

1 hour ago, Lovecat said:

She already has her own Twitter account. I shit you not.

Let me guess it is all about her awesome mommy.

I like Henley as a name not with the surname though, and of course it has to reference a 'Jamie' moment. Hopefully motherhood calms the famewhore in Jamie or Henley is in for a heck of a ride.

• Love 4
On August 22, 2017 at 9:36 PM, humbleopinion said:

Henley Grace will have enough to talk to her therapist about...her unfortunate name will just break the ice....

Maybe I'm slow but, what's wrong with the name Henley Grace?  Not everybody wants to name their kids Mary Patricia, Mary Catherine or Mary Elizabeth (popular names at my college).

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe I'm slow but, what's wrong with the name Henley Grace?  Not everybody wants to name their kids Mary Patricia, Mary Catherine or Mary Elizabeth (popular names at my college).

Really. I recall a back-to-school nite where almost all the other mothers had two names, mostly variations on a theme like the ones you listed - I said, "Sorry, I'm only remembering one name for each of you." Ha!

• Love 1

You just know that Jamie named her Henley, so that everyone who says, "oh what an unusual name, how did you come up with that?" will then be treated to the full Married At First Sight story.

Nothing wrong with the name Henley in and of itself, but Henley Hehner sounds weird together, and the attention-getting aspect as I mentioned above, annoys me.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Get ready for HenGrace's world/Instagram to be plastered with branded/sponsored/ product placement crap-any company that will throw a few dollars and swag Jamie's way...

And there we go. The only reason to do it is more attention and hey maybe some money or free products tossed her way to promote. SMH Honestly these sites shouldn't even allow this stuff since you have to be 13 yrs old or older to sign up for those sites. They are not the first and won't be the last to do this stuff with using their child in such a way. Its one thing to post under her own or his but IMO its beyond wrong to make these up for your kids...more so when they have no say in it at all. *SMHasIstepoffsoapbox*

5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Seriously I am one that didn't want my kids names to be one you heard all the time. They aren't out there names but not as common as most. I have one of the most common names in the world...my first and middle together are commonly done together. So I wanted my kids to be different and tossed in a middle name that would have a meaning. I also would watch how the names looked altogether as a full name with our last name. Its not that something is wrong with the name Jamie picked but more how it comes off with the last name. Toss then post from below and well there we go....SMH

1 minute ago, gingerandcloves said:

You just know that Jamie named her Henley, so that everyone who says, "oh what an unusual name, how did you come up with that?" will then be treated to the full Married At First Sight story.

Nothing wrong with the name Henley in and of itself, but Henley Hehner sounds weird together, and the attention-getting aspect as I mentioned above, annoys me.

BINGO!! 

• Love 2

I work with college age kids so Henley didn't even register on my radar as odd. (My name is Reighley but I go by Harmony.) How do you pronounce Hehner? I can't remember. I tend to think of Jamie as "Jamie Otis" and Doug as "that guy she cried at the sight of." 

As for Cody and Danielle, I think they divorced in their minds on week one of the experiment, after the honeymoon mess. In the little bit of social media I've looked at of theirs, she comes across more desperate to stay SM relevant. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ramble said:

I work with college age kids so Henley didn't even register on my radar as odd. (My name is Reighley but I go by Harmony.) How do you pronounce Hehner? I can't remember. I tend to think of Jamie as "Jamie Otis" and Doug as "that guy she cried at the sight of." 

I teach college and some of their names definitely faze me! Henley would be one of them. I do keep a straight face and never make comments, though. Snark only on the internet!

I think the name is pronounced HAY-ner. 

• Love 4

Speaking of names... I knew a child who was given the name Snowflake because she was born in August and it snowed.  I feel sorry for her because she is the right age for the snowflake generation.  I don't know her anymore so I have no idea how it affected her but I am sure it did.

I like Henley Grace as a name.

• Love 1
On 8/23/2017 at 10:20 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I'd like to take November 27th. I figure that turkey dinner with the families will be the last straw. 

Any family gathering with Nate's mom has the potential to be strained. (Who'd be cooking, Nate's mom or Sheila?)Throw in the fathers of the bride and groom, and it may be a (verbal) free-for-all.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, discoprincess said:
On 8/23/2017 at 10:20 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Any family gathering with Nate's mom has the potential to be strained. (Who'd be cooking, Nate's mom or Sheila?)Throw in the fathers of the bride and groom, and it may be a (verbal) free-for-all.

Edited 19 hours ago by discoprincess.

Those are the years you make reservations! Neutral turf, no home field advantage, and everyone gets to dress up and have fun! Sheila and Nate can treat, so there are no hard feelings.

We've had a few "dry tinder" years. The best way to avoid a spark is to get out of the kitchen!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hockeymom said:

Those are the years you make reservations! Neutral turf, no home field advantage, and everyone gets to dress up and have fun! Sheila and Nate can treat, so there are no hard feelings.

We've had a few "dry tinder" years. The best way to avoid a spark is to get out of the kitchen!

Brilliant idea about them going to a neutral place and having Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant. Then again, I'd lose my bet lol. 

• Love 2