Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

On 8/23/2017 at 1:11 PM, JAndy said:

Jamie said they are going to call her Gracie, which isn't so bad. I've known people to go by their middle name and it sounds like that's what they are going to do. 

Really? Oh, you mean like Leah on Teen Mom 2? The girl who birthed twin girls after a one-night stand in a pick-up truck? She named the fraternal twins variations of the same name (twin #1 = Aliannah Hope, and twin #2 = Alleyah Grace).  When it became clear - about four or five years later - that going around calling both girls "Ally" wasn't going to cut it Leah began calling twin #2 her middle name, hence, we now have "Gracie."  

7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I was wondering why Jamie wasn't posting tons of pics of the baby that really showed her off; figures she saved it for the 'People Exclusive'. Such a sweet little bundle... of cash.

http://people.com/babies/jamie-otis-doug-hehner-introduce-daughter-henley-grace-first-photo/

So in this article, it says that Jamie has never changed or swaddled a baby... wasn't she a labor and delivery nurse? Forgive my ignorance, but I thought they were the ones to initially clothe and swaddle the baby, especially when mom is somewhat incapacitated after a c-section. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

So in this article, it says that Jamie has never changed or swaddled a baby... wasn't she a labor and delivery nurse? Forgive my ignorance, but I thought they were the ones to initially clothe and swaddle the baby, especially when mom is somewhat incapacitated after a c-section. 

I believe that was Doug speaking at that point. It was a bit confusing as I misread it first as well & thought the same thing.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I believe that was Doug speaking at that point. It was a bit confusing as I misread it first as well & thought the same thing.

Yes it was Doug that said it. It would have been odd had it been Jamie saying it considering her job. I figured the didn't show the baby because there was plans to do something like that for some money......and attention for herself as well. SMH 

12 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yes it was Doug that said it. It would have been odd had it been Jamie saying it considering her job. I figured the didn't show the baby because there was plans to do something like that for some money......and attention for herself as well. SMH 

Bingo

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2017/08/sidetrack_spike_lee_bill_belichick_barack_obama_and_more

You will need to scroll down a little and will see it but looks like Boston started filming. Says it would be coming on in the Spring and that it looked like it was someone telling their family they were doing this show. So guess they found their 6 suckers for the show. Wondering how many are recruits. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2017/08/sidetrack_spike_lee_bill_belichick_barack_obama_and_more

You will need to scroll down a little and will see it but looks like Boston started filming. Says it would be coming on in the Spring and that it looked like it was someone telling their family they were doing this show. So guess they found their 6 suckers for the show. Wondering how many are recruits. 

I'm in!  I'll be watching.  :-)

• Love 4
On 8/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, humbleopinion said:

Whoever had August 22 as the day for the Degroot/Knapek divorce announcement collect your bet....

Anybody want to name a date for N8 and Sheila's divorce announcement?

On 8/28/2017 at 1:02 PM, discoprincess said:

Any family gathering with Nate's mom has the potential to be strained. (Who'd be cooking, Nate's mom or Sheila?)Throw in the fathers of the bride and groom, and it may be a (verbal) free-for-all.

It appears as Duhon Dynasty will be next to announce their divorce. I see it's been weeks since they've been together on social media and she didn't go on her birthday trip to New Orleans with N8 and when people ask if their okay both of them are silent so my guess is it will probably be a month or so before they announce or maybe Shelia will announce it on her and Dani new show, Happy Gone Wild. (Oct 18)

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Gawd...we have to watch Sheila's bizzaro facial contortions during her THs...again...

Predict Danielle will be all over every man within arm's length up to show it wan't her fault that she and Cody never bumped nasties....

??I guess so as it is a live streaming show on something called gravy.com they announced this on instagram and twitter last week.

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Is this for real? A show with her & Danielle?  Is it a somewhat 'actual show' or just something they are throwing together to extend their 15m ?

I think it's just something they are throwing together to stress how great they are and how horrible N8 and Cody are. As Shelia said you will see how they interact with one another.(insert Kanye Shrug)

If Nate and Sheila are headed for divorce (or maybe already filed and waiting for it to finalize since it does take months there) it is really no surprise. At least to me. 

I think we can all do without Danielle and Sheila doing anything to try to push their 15 mins on.  I could care less with either of them have to say and if it was to turn out to be some man bashing thing....even more reason to NOT want a thing to do with it. 

• Love 1

Ohhh, I have cousins who live near enough to the Big D who would be perfect for the show and everyone on this forum would snark on them relentlessly because they are camera ready in the looks department and appear normal but are loony to the core...

I would drop any work commitment and pay my way to be at the wedding ceremony/reception.....

• Love 5
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Ohhh, I have cousins who live near enough to the Big D who would be perfect for the show and everyone on this forum would snark on them relentlessly because they are camera ready in the looks department and appear normal but are loony to the core...

I would drop any work commitment and pay my way to be at the wedding ceremony/reception.....

Let them know!  Let someone know!  I love the crazies.  

Edited by wings707

That's sad to read for Shelia but I can't say that it surprised me. I always got the impression that he was a player. He used that "queen" thing just a bit too much. like how It's said when someone protests too much. Thx for sharing the info. 

• Love 5
On 11/5/2017 at 6:02 PM, Mindthinkr said:

That's sad to read for Shelia but I can't say that it surprised me. I always got the impression that he was a player. He used that "queen" thing just a bit too much. like how It's said when someone protests too much. Thx for sharing the info. 

Sad for her but agree not a surprise at all. I knew he wasn't in it at all. The fact they picked him and stupid ass, pepper laughed off that he had some girl's shoes in his car trunk annoyed me from the get go and showed he was was not in it for a marriage but for his 15 mins. The fact he called this girl while on his honeymoon....want to bet that was caught on camera with him making the call and/or it being argued about but edited out to fit the producers so called story that Sheila was the nutcase? No wonder there was so many times she didn't want to have him touch her. Having calvin push they have "their faith" to keep them together was a way to push them to stay together IMO. This show disgusts me at this point because things like this, the way it gets edited, shitty producers butting in to push drama, "experts" pushing couples to stay together that shouldn't and the matching in hopes of drama....its all beyond irresponsible when you have some that may have a little hope of some sort of real match. Not like they should hope for that if they ever actually watched.....SMH

• Love 4

Wow!

Now I see Sheila’s last meltdown over Nate not picking up her call in a new light. She moved out over that. I wonder whether this other woman was involved. If so, I am side-eyeing the show because they made Sheila look bad. No wonder Sheila didn’t want to play along with promoting the show.

What’s next; news that Cody was creeping on Danielle?

• Love 7

Papa Duhon was a rolling stone...N8 is a rolling stone...

Sheila's spidey sense was right....her honeymoon tantrum and ugly cry at dinner was justified....

Anthony and Ashley for the win....move over Jamie... I want Ant/Ash to host the Xplain Yourself post MAFS show....

• Love 5

Set your DVR for the M@FS Holiday Special.....no joke on Dec 26.

I will sit through listening to Code Man whine more about Danielle if Ashley announces she is pregnant.....

Gonna get Sheila's full menu of facial contortions as she dishes the dirt on N8.

Watch N8 squirm...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/ct-ent-married-at-first-sight-chicago-reunion-20171110-story.html

Sheila is using her maiden name again...guess she went back to the DMV to get it changed...again...

The clerks at the DMV thinking...we could've told you to wait until you do the name change if you are cast in M@FS.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

sit through listening to Code Man whine more about Danielle if Ashley announces she is pregnant.....

That seems unlikely since it states it was filmed even before Danielle and Cody announced their split meaning Mid-August at the latest. Talk about a must pass.

• Love 2

Just found this today; this is awful. It's especially awful that this was going on the whole time while filming & they made Sheila out to be the bad guy so much.

I'm glad she's spilling; he deserves it.

I'm truly disgusted by Nate & the show.

• Love 4

I saw on another message board that Nate has responded. He didn't seem to address the cheating accusations directly, but he essentially turned it back around on Sheila, claiming that she continues to twist things around, including in their counseling sessions.

Sheila may or may not have issues, but I doubt Nate is completely innocent.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 1

Nate is definitely not innocent. Sheila got a bad edit because she wasn't cooperative with the producers, like Heather in season 4.

In an attempt to distract us from the Nate/Sheila drama, the show just announced that season 6 will be premiering on January 2. Rachel has been replaced by a blond psychologist. They should have just gotten rid of all of the experts, especially Pastor Calvin whose role seems to be guilt-tripping so-called "Christian" couples into working on their marriages when it is doomed.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Gobears said:

They should have just gotten rid of all of the experts, especially Pastor Calvin whose role seems to be guilt-tripping so-called "Christian" couples into working on their marriages when it is doomed.

He should lose his pastor robe, or whatever they do to disgraced pastors. He is a disgrace.

• Love 3

Papa Duhon was a rolling stone...N8 is a rolling stone...

So what was the deal with Mama Duhon? Does she not know her baby is (allegedly) a dog or is she simply one of those women who don't think anyone is good enough for their son?

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Gobears said:

They should have just gotten rid of all of the experts, especially Pastor Calvin whose role seems to be guilt-tripping so-called "Christian" couples into working on their marriages when it is doomed.

Were Sonia and Nick a "Christian" couple?

It was obvious even to me, even with the wonky edits, that there was something seriously wrong there, even if Sonia hadn't moved out. 

I wonder whether Pastor Calvin knew about Nate's side chicks, and whether he held Nate as culpable as Sheila.

Edited by discoprincess
  • Love 2

Sonia's a Christian and Nick is not. Pastor Calvin was definitely guilt-tripping her to stay though. There was definitely something wrong with Nick...

I bet even if Pastor Calvin knew about Nate's side chicks, he would have asked Sheila to forgive him. I saw him tweet something once about how there were no obstacles that couples couldn't overcome if they were truly committed to their marriage.

• Love 4
On 11/20/2017 at 9:40 AM, discoprincess said:

I saw on another message board that Nate has responded. He didn't seem to address the cheating accusations directly, but he essentially turned it back around on Sheila, claiming that she continues to twist things around, including in their counseling sessions.

Sheila may or may not have issues, but I doubt Nate is completely innocent.

Sheila's issues were Nate was a piece of crap from the get go and the show's producers/editors making her the bad guy. After so many of seasons of this show though its pretty easy to see the BS that this show is trying to sell the audience. I know not all can or want to see it but its usually pretty obvious IMO. I knew there was more to the shit we saw between them then they were showing us. All the show wanted us to see was "crazy" Sheila who flies off the handle at nothing at all. Yet they were NEVER showing us everything that went on of course because it wouldn't fit with what they were doing to her since she was not going to play their messed up sick games. So once it was time to edit you know the producers were right there telling them to make her look nuts. 

On 11/20/2017 at 1:05 PM, Gobears said:

Nate is definitely not innocent. Sheila got a bad edit because she wasn't cooperative with the producers, like Heather in season 4.

In an attempt to distract us from the Nate/Sheila drama, the show just announced that season 6 will be premiering on January 2. Rachel has been replaced by a blond psychologist. They should have just gotten rid of all of the experts, especially Pastor Calvin whose role seems to be guilt-tripping so-called "Christian" couples into working on their marriages when it is doomed.

EXACTLY!!! 

Seriously they should have dumped all the so called piece of crap "experts". Not one of them is any good. Yet I doubt they will ever pull any in that are because it wouldn't work for how the producers thing the show should go. Someone that was legit wouldn't sit there planting seeds of doubt in their heads, telling them to stick it out in a made situation that was never going to work, take abuse of any kind or being cheated on, and so on. This show is seriously disturbing. 

On 11/21/2017 at 11:43 AM, discoprincess said:

Were Sonia and Nick a "Christian" couple?

It was obvious even to me, even with the wonky edits, that there was something seriously wrong there, even if Sonia hadn't moved out. 

I wonder whether Pastor Calvin knew about Nate's side chicks, and whether he held Nate as culpable as Sheila.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:59 PM, Gobears said:

Sonia's a Christian and Nick is not. Pastor Calvin was definitely guilt-tripping her to stay though. There was definitely something wrong with Nick...

I bet even if Pastor Calvin knew about Nate's side chicks, he would have asked Sheila to forgive him. I saw him tweet something once about how there were no obstacles that couples couldn't overcome if they were truly committed to their marriage.

Yep calvin loves to use guilt trips just like the others will. They each do it differently but they will gladly guilt whoever into staying in a bad situation that shouldn't go on and have ever even been set up just to keep the show going. And even on the show calvin and pepper have both made comments about sticking things out with someone no matter WHAT was going on. So if they knew he was screwing around (and I will bet everything they did) they wouldn't care and would tell Sheila its all in her head. Then how she is just letting her insecurities get to her and blah blah blah. Making it her fault its not working and how she needs to try harder. SMH The "experts" are just a bunch of bigger fame whores then those they have cast to be on the show IMO. And here is some about the new so called "expert", who btw is a fame whore as well. She was on Seven Year Switch and was not great there. From the website its self. 

DR. JESSICA GRIFFIN

Expert

Jessica Griffin, Psy.D. is a clinical and forensic psychologist with expertise in trauma, relationships, and high conflict divorce and has been working with couples and families for over 15 years. She received her Bachelor’s Degree from the College of Wooster and her Doctorate from the Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology. Griffin is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics at the University of Massachusetts’ Medical School (UMMS), and the Executive Director of UMASS Medical School’s Child Trauma Training Center. As a nationally recognized relationship expert in trauma and cognitive-behavioral therapy, she has trained thousands of mental health providers and other professionals, across the country. In addition to her positions at UMASS Medical School, Dr. Griffin has maintained a private practice for over a decade where she works with couples and families.

As for Sheila, she should be going off on those "experts" and producers for putting her with Nate and in that whole situation. Its disturbing and shitty the way they play with these people....more so those that might go in serious on it. The fact he had those shoes from some woman in his car's trunk and pepper laughing it off said it all. Then his having his whole conversation at the bachelor party about his "player" name being put away...which obviously it wasn't. Signs that he was not meant for this show at all but he was picked more because it would hopefully create drama with who he was matched with. Well they got it and it left a made taste in my mouth the whole time with how it was edited for tv. I'm really on the fence with watching another season of this show since it seems with each season it gets more and more disturbing with how they play with these people. SMH

• Love 1

Did we really expect them to replace anyone with anyone better? No. It just makes it look like they're trying & helps keep up interest.

I vacillate with how I feel about this show. On the one hand it is deplorable to 'match' & 'counsel' people without truly having their best interests in mind, but rather, for what makes good drama & 'good' TV.

On the other hand, it's rather difficult to feel too sorry for anyone who signs up for a TV show, thinking they will truly find their soul mate through some TV personalities 'experts'.  They need to do their research; it's not difficult. Watch the show, read the back stories - we can find info so they can too. In the end they have to take responsibility for themselves, since they are the ones willingly signing their lives away giving a TV show control over their persona & life events.

It's irresponsible TV, for sure. But it's on everyone involved because if they didn't have the participants, crazy kids they are, then they wouldn't have the show.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3