Type keyword(s) to search

MAFS Social Media, Spoilers & Speculation

• Start Topic

Well, maybe Neil took the bull (Sam) by the horns and whipped her into shape.  Maybe the manly man came out and he put her in her place and was willing to walk away based on her behavior.  We never know what goes on behind the scenes and remember, they edit the normal out of these programs. 

As others have stated, Sam has been taking all the negative hits on twitter and is responding to most of them.  She does have social skill issues and no filter so she has probably ran off many men in her life.  Hopefully, she has learned and turned herself around.  She has stated that what she said to Neil was wrong and inexcusable.

• Love 5

I could have sworn that I read a 'spoiler' here - taken from the Facebook page this summer - that specifically talked about David/Ashley and their honeymoon in Arizona. I can't find it now. Did I dream this, or am I just overlooking it? Does that sound familiar to anyone else? Or did I perhaps read that somewhere else?

It's driving me crazy that I can't find it now....grrr...lol

Throwback but someone just posted about Jaclyn and basement Ryan. I thought that things went South after they finally slept together. Not for the old men just want to hit it and run - I think that Jaclyn was into some kink that Ryan couldn't keep up with. Remember when she was ordering his dinner and all of that Dom-ish crap? I also think that Jac was on the show to pitch her vodka or tequila whatever it was. There was ALWAYS a bottle in the shots - with the label covered up. She must have treated the shoots like an easter egg hunt - and the producers had to seek out the bottles to cover the labels. It was like Oh I am in the bathroom brushing my teeth and here is my bottle of vodka sitting on the toilet tank. 

I have such hope for Neil and Sam. 

• Love 2

She does have social skill issues and no filter so she has probably ran off many men in her life.

I can't believe she is a bank manager.  I wonder how many people are closing their accounts after

seeing her on this show.

• Love 3

I can't believe she is a bank manager.  I wonder how many people are closing their accounts after

seeing her on this show.

When she explains to them how much she is being paid by FYI, they might see what a savvy business person she is.

I hope not. She might be one of those people who is good at compartmentalizing her personal and professional life. I know too many people who have messy personal lives who excel at their jobs and I wouldn't be quick to judge her job performance solely based on what we've seen on an edited reality show.

Yup, I've met a couple of bank managers before, even some with the title of "VP" who had pretty messed up personal lives, to the point where I also couldn't believe that they had that title - Of course after knowing 2 of them, now I believe it!

Speaking of spoilery stuff, I think it's too early to tell whether any of these couples are still together based on tweets, Facebook posts, etc.  I seem to remember early last season everything looking rosy between the couples until later in the season when things started to become more apparent.

Well, remember when they were filming the show was saying that two out of the three season 2 couples has stayed together (which was true up to the reunion).  By the time everyone realized the truth, they had already spent a lot of time and money filming.  Plus the network might have gambled that the disaster that was season 2 might bring more people to the show, as some enjoy watching a train wreck unfold.  Networks can be greedy like that, just ask Satan Andy at Bravo.

However, I do have a better feeling about these matches.  I do believe one of these couples will stay together after the show, but I have been wrong before.

New video up on the youtube channel this morning: 

Looks like it's the calm before the storm for Sam and Neil. And he says "Totes" - my heart melted a bit. Again. He is 'totes' adorable. 

Edited by BonnieLass
  • Love 2

Yeah I'm starting to be on the "free Neil" train but then I remember the editing can be all over the place so maybe Sam IS a good match for him.  Only he knows what is best so I'm willing to give them a chance as a couple.

The beating she is taking on Twitter from random people is a very, very, very good lesson to all those aspire to be on TV.   Be careful for what you wish for as once you put yourself out there, even on a barely watched cable TV show, your actions will be under the microscope and people will say mean things to you.   Which always perplexes me as no matter how annoying I find her actions, I'd never, ever post negative stuff on her twitter feed.  Why do people do that!? 

Perhaps it's also a very, very good lesson to a girl who seems to think she is cute as a bug, that other people don't see her that way :)

• Love 3

Ugh, what a crazy bitch.  In the posts below the video someone said she tweeted that as the weeks go on the madder the audience is going to get at her.  She's right about that so far!  Good for him, showing some backbone!!!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

It's too bad.  I think Neil has been the most sincere guy ever to be on the show since season one and he is paired up with the queen of loons.  Can you imagine if Neil would have been paired with someone like Davina from last year?  They would have made a great match.

• Love 5

It's too bad. I think Neil has been the most sincere guy ever to be on the show since season one and he is paired up with the queen of loons. Can you imagine if Neil would have been paired with someone like Davina from last year? They would have made a great match.

I think you're onto something here. He asked for a little spoon and they thought he said a big loon.

• Love 3

people need to rember that this show is edited in a way to make you believe everything you see is the way it happend i use to be an assistant with editors on reality tv

the editors job is to get you emotionally invested in a show 

the editors job is to get you emotionally invested in a show 

• Love 1

Ultimately, television is a tool used to sell soap.

I'd say it's a tool to sell you shit you don't really need and can't afford anyway.

Instead of good old Ivory you now must have a Sea Mud Deep Cleansing Bar

for only $45.

• Love 1

Oh Dear. My friend watched the how for the first time and is convinced that Neil is gay. This isn't the first time someone has said that about him. I lurk on other boards and some posters have voiced concerned about his sexuality.

Personally, I don't see it. I think he's just quirky. 

• Love 1

I'm reading some posts from Sam on twitter where she managed to passive aggressive someone into deleting their negative tweets. She seems to be pretty good at getting people to apologize for her asshole behavior.

IMO this show makes for good tv but that's about it. If social media is any indication I don't believe any of the couples are still together Tres and Vanessa are on Twitter throwing subliminal messages at one another right now. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. I believe I'm done with MAFS real marriage is a covenant and you just can't keep trusting these so called experts to play with marriage! Their record speaks for itself 2/9.✌

MAFS picked a good time to air the show this season, during the hiatus before The Flash / iZombie comes back. Otherwise, I don't think I'd be watching.

I saw on the show thread there some rumor about David. Anyone see this on the internet?

His sister posted to follow her sister in law(Vanessa) like a week ago. I don't know what happened between then and now but looks like they are fighting to me. Vanessa can't hide it and Tres seems to be faking the funk lol

His sister posted to follow her sister in law(Vanessa) like a week ago. I don't know what happened between then and now but looks like they are fighting to me. Vanessa can't hide it and Tres seems to be faking the funk lol

I saw the tweets. Doesn't look good. Vanessa is basically calling him fake. The experts fucked up by choosing a man that didn't want to get married.

Given that David & Ashley are most likely not together, that means the only hope would be Sam & Neil. Yikes. 

I'm just speculating here, but I think something happened between Tres and Vanessa at or around Dec 17th because that's when Vanessa's twitter activity suddenly became less positive. Before the 17th, her tweets, retweets, and likes were all about Tres and the show. She also appeared to be happy. Now she's retweeting and liking a lot of gloomy quotes about relationships, trust, and fake people. I like them both so it's sad that it looks like they are done.

And the FYI instagram page just posted a really cute behind the scenes photo of Tres and Vanessa. Damn.

I saw the tweets. Doesn't look good. Vanessa is basically calling him fake. The experts fucked up by choosing a man that didn't want to get married.

Given that David & Ashley are most likely not together, that means the only hope would be Sam & Neil. Yikes. 

Yeah I agree that the only hope for a "success" is Sam & Neil.  Who would have thought that!?!

I went off twitter for a few days and and when I came back, Sam must have had over half of my unread tweets as she went on a binge of defending her actions, retweeting supportive tweets and calling out the haters.   My advice: step away from the keyboard!

• Love 2

I think she replies to every single tweet.

I don't know why she replied to all tweets. The couples need to understand that not everyone can like them. Just ignore and stop responding to all.

BTW, Sam and Neil are totally still together. On knot.com, someone made this comment under Neil's interview.

AbigeaL Avant

6 days

'I saw Sam and Neal at IKEA last Saturday buying furniture in Atlanta. She had her hair pulled back and his beard was the same length it is now. They seemed quite comfortable and affectionate, but not giddy or silly.'

http://www.theknot.com/news/married-at-first-sight-neil-bowlus-surprised-by-sams-empathetic-reaction-2506

Ashley's mom is saying things like this:

For those of you making comments that mom looked nasty like Ashley .....editing played a huge role and nerves. Did u expect smiling?

Do you really think that a former social worker and future nurse would be this heartless ? Think hard people!!!!

there is a difference between having an opinion and being disrespectful to someone you don't know...let's try it different tonight!

A. Yes, I would expect to see some smiles. David was nervous, he was still smiling.

B. Maybe she should get some examples of how Ashley was trying to make the marriage work and how all of those things were edited out. Surely she can cite dozens.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 1

Eh, I don't know that I believe this. I think people who write comments like these just want to feel important. Fwiw, I don't get that vibe from the family.

I get a vibe from them but not so much that kind. They just seemed like closed off people...which in turn would make one not so happy most the time IMO. I would think that if the cameras could have caught any smiles from them they would have. I think people that are full of themselves and all about themselves don't come off how they did/do. I agree though with what you said about people making these comments. Unless someone was to have full proof I don't buy this or the one about Neil and Sam at this point. In this day and age you would think those that see this stuff would be snapping pics to show the world. 

• Love 1