Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Fireball and Firepits

• Start Topic

On 9/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, drivethroo said:

You know what your vagina/secretions smell like. You know what your partner's body/secretions smell like.  If there's a completely different smell going on, what's up?  However if you have to go around smelling secretions in the underwear you should probably not be in that relationship.

I think Ashley was cool with it when they were dating and first married.  That's why he married her, because she was a young, naive girl from a less than desirable and impoverished background.  The thought of the things Ashley must have done sexually to get this man to provide for her and her family makes me sick.

Remember, when she first came on she was humping Robyn from day one, telling strangers about her sex life and just being out there and Gizelle & Robyn were calling her a "thot" (which bothered her).  No one will call you a "thot" if you're not out there acting "thottish."  Remember, Karen didn't want Ashley around her daughter lest Ashley's ways rub off on her young daughter.

But, those are things you think are cool and fun when you are young. Now that she's getting older, around other women and become a mother I think Ashley is seeing this isn't really the lifestyle she would like to participate in.  Michael didn't marry her to be an equal partner and start a family with her.  Michael married her to be a sex toy and arm candy.  That's why he was frustrated she wasn't having sex with him immediately after giving birth and being injured by said birth (remember, this episode was filmed in October, 3 months after Dean's birth in July). Ashley wasn't opening up her bootyhole or any other hole to Michael because she was tired and injured so he went elsewhere.

It's probably why she and Monique are friends because Monique's husband acts like she's sex toy arm candy too.  The difference between Ashley and Monique is Ashley has seemed to accept that she will have to accept Michael's tendencies (and occasionally participate) in order to keep the nice lifestyle for her and her children.  Monique resents the fact she has to accept Chris' sexual desires to keep the lifestyle for herself and her children.  I think Monique lived with Chris for years before they got married, she was probably sucking and licking and WAPing as much as Chris' heart desired because she wanted that lifestyle.  Now she's expected to keep it up, along with raising the kids, managing the household and her BRAVO and outside endeavors.  Monique is TIRED.

It's probably another reason Monique (and Ashley) have/had a bone to pick with Candiace: she's the only one who didn't have to be WAPing and swinging & sucking in order to have a lovely roof over her head because her mom is keeping her, not a man (and why it strikes a nerve with Candiace: because no man was willing to keep her, she has to be kept by her mom).  Candiace is also child-free and living a carefree life and Monique is having to deal with her disrespectful/controlling husband, 3 children under 6 years old, the pressure of having to be "perfect" (I'm pretty positive her husband demands she look her best at ALL times and snap back immediately after having the kids) and trying to measure up to women who don't see it for her.  So Monique could be looking at Candiace through that lens. 

Monique could also be experiencing post partum depression herself; the last baby was not even a year old when these scenes were filmed.

I'd like Show to explore Karen and Ray a bit more. The tax issues from 3 seasons ago is still an issue.  Karen is resentful she had to bail Ray out because of the tax issue.  She was probably counting on that money for her golden years and if Ray is broke because he wasn't paying taxes and she had to:

• Sell and leave the home she loved because Ray didn't pay his taxes
  • Use her nest egg up to bail Ray out
  • Be expected to leave her life in the DC area and move down to Florida because Ray wants to retire

Karen is TIRED.  She spent 20some years catering to Ray's needs and her kids' needs and now when it's finally time for Karen, she's expected to give all of that up to cater to Ray's needs yet again.  When is it time for Karen? But that's not what Ray signed up for: he signed up for arm candy/younger woman/sex toy when he married Karen and he's not getting what he paid for all those years ago.

Ashley & Monique need to take heed: Karen is who they'll be in 20 years.

I don't think Monique is looking at Candy with any envy , her beef is clearly about Candy's friendship with the ugly girl who spread rumors,  sorry to describe her this way , but I think she's ugly on the outside because she's ugly on the inside. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The sequins were less than MJ would wear but more than a serious news commentator would wear.

I did not hear her say she has four degrees, maybe it was on the crawl that running, lol.

I am sure someone at FOX knows about her new gig on RHOP but she was introduced as a Johns Hopkins University professor.

Her presentation, (what little I paid attention to) was good, she did not seem nervous, she calmly said what ever she said...she needs a glam team and a stylist. Is it bad that that was my take away?

I have a friend from Gambia who was showing me some Gambian soap operas. Dr. Wendy reminds me of a A LOT of those ladies on the soap operas. She is an attractive lady but kind of needs to be restyled for TV.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 6:19 AM, luckyroll3 said:

And if she did stop working or all of a sudden hired a bunch of help, you just know Monique's mother-in-law would be in the corner whispering, "See, I told y'all about that heifer! Now she's too good to work/do housework/take care of her own kids/etc. and just wants to spend my baby's money!"

Yes! I know in this case it's her mother-in-law not mother, but add Monique to the list of a HW dealing with a controlling, narcissistic maternal figure. Also included: Ashley and Candiace on Potomac, Kandi and Cynthia on Atlanta, D'Andra on Dallas. Am I missing anyone? 

What is the deal with these women? Are they really this bad or just playing for the cameras? I know Monique's mother-in-law apologized but I wonder if their relationship has actually improved. 

Agree Monique is not getting a good edit this season. She's clinging to that bird for dear life. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, qtpye said:

Gizelle shades any new beautiful woman she comes across. She is probably being nice to Dr. Windy because they are in the same sorority so she does not have to assert her "Big Sister Gorgeous One" status.

G also has a lot of nerve to talk about hair considering what she wears on her own head (she makes fun of M's hair in this video).

Okay, so can someone clear this up once and for all - who is Greek and what organizations do they belong to?

- I know Robyn is a Delta (she's the only one that wears her letters on the show)

- I thought Robyn and Gizelle were sorority sisters. 

- I also thought Karen and Gizelle were NOT sorority sisters

- And Wendy says she and Karen are in the same sorority?? 

- Ashley, Candace and Monique are all unaffiliated???

I'm so confused...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Okay, so can someone clear this up once and for all - who is Greek and what organizations do they belong to?

- I know Robyn is a Delta (she's the only one that wears her letters on the show)

- I thought Robyn and Gizelle were sorority sisters. 

- I also thought Karen and Gizelle were NOT sorority sisters

- And Wendy says she and Karen are in the same sorority?? 

- Ashley, Candace and Monique are all unaffiliated???

I'm so confused...

I think Robyn and Gizelle are in different sororities.  Dr. Windy and Gizelle are in the same sorority.

Karen and Gizelle were in Jack and Jill together, which is not a sorority, but a high ranking social club for African Americans (like Junior League). I do not know if Karen attended college (no shade).

Karen and Dr. Windy are on some board together...I forgot what for.

I think Monique attended Howard but have no clue whether she was part of Greek life. Again, do not know if Ashley attended college.

No clue about Candiass.

Not 100 percent sure about any of this info...just putting in what I think.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think Robyn and Gizelle are in different sororities.  Dr. Windy and Gizelle are in the same sorority.

Karen and Gizelle were in Jack and Jill together, which is not a sorority, but a high ranking social club for African Americans (like Junior League). I do not know if Karen attended college (no shade).

I think Monique attended Howard but have no clue whether she was part of Greek life. Again, do not know if Ashley attended college.

No clue about Candiass.

Candiass went to Howard and Ashley went to U of Maryland - after Robin and Juan, I think Monique is the one that may not have gone to college? Her narrative at the beginning was that she moved from Jersey to DC to further her rap career???

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Candiass went to Howard and Ashley went to U of Maryland - after Robin and Juan, I think Monique is the one that may not have gone to college? Her narrative at the beginning was that she moved from Jersey to DC to further her rap career???

Monique dropped out of Duquesne in Pittsburgh.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, Kerrey92 said:

Except she has a company/blog “Not for Lazy Moms” or some such nonsense so it wouldn’t be on brand for her to have a bunch of help. I think that’s stupid and that she should have help especially when the kids are as little as hers and so physically demanding. But I can see where in her mind she doesn’t want to be considered “lazy” when she’s trying to launch this brand.  

Raising kids is hard, but it CAN be done without help.  Women do it every day, everywhere.  That being said, if you can have help, get help.  When my kids were little I had a full time nanny, and I have never considered myself "lazy" for that.  Monique does work (on the show) so why not get help?

On 9/16/2020 at 6:52 AM, OdinO. said:

They aren't THAT rich.

I think they are pretty rich.  

On 9/16/2020 at 10:25 AM, Sheenieb said:

I hoped Monique changed the name of her business back when she was doing the essential oils. Didn't her brother tell her that the name was problematic? But here we are.

I hate the name of her business, it really gets my heckles up.  

On 9/16/2020 at 1:40 PM, Neurochick said:

I went to school with lots of rich kids.  Every single last one of them was cheap, still are.  And THAT'S how they stay rich.  Poor folks spend $500 in a pair of sneakers, while rich folks look through the papers for bargains.

Exactly - people with wealth stay that way by not spending money on crap.  Also they don't have anything to prove, they don't care to show off because they are secure in their wealth.  The people who buy and wear the LOOK-AT-ME expensive crap need for people to think they are rich.  

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

It wasn't just that comment, Monique ALWAYS humblebrags about her wealth.  The comment about how "this 9000 square foot, 5 bedroom home just won't cut it for us!" was just an example.   She mentioned the price of her house on multiple occasions, which I also found humblebraggy--"we just closed escrow on this 4.75 million dollar home"  

She said that?  I am cringing.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

No clue about Candiass.

This sounds about right.  

Gizelle and Wendy are in the pink and green sorority and Robyn is in the red and white sorority (I can never remember the names, only the colors!).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, qtpye said:

I think we all know at this point that Michael is probably bisexual (not that it matters). Even in the strip club he was bragging about having  "a boyfriend and a wife".

I remember a while ago Mathew Broderick was caught supposedly having an affair with a 25 year old woman. I remember that everyone was laughing at at because most people thought it was set up by him and Sara Jessica Parker, to squash the gay rumors that have plagued their entire relationship.

Personally, I am bored of the Darby marriage. I think the ladies are only now being nice to Ashley because they think her fucked up life will do the following:

• Keep the franchise going-every season the Darby's have a scandal
  • Take attention away from their own fucked up lives

To me, it is obvious that Michael is bisexual and they probably have an open marriage.  The rule probably is that Michael can sleep with other men and probably Ashley can sleep with other women.

The fact that Ashley gets extra salty whenever you imply her husband likes men (something I believe she was well aware of when she married him) just shows you how stupid she thinks we are. I think Michael left his former wife and children for Ashley, not because she was the baddest bitch walking, but because she promised to turn the other way when he stepped out with men (something wife number 1 probably did not tolerate or maybe even know about).

She probably looked at this as a very good deal for herself. She got to run a restaurant, her mama got to live in a nice place rent free, and any children they had together would have a rich daddy. When you come from poverty, these are not easy things to pass up.

I agree and totally agree that I don't particularly care who Michael Darby bangs, butt grabs or sucks as long as its consensual. The thing that upsets me is the assumption that I'm stupid enough to believe that michael didn't say what multiple people heard him say and didn't do what multiple people said and saw him do.  Also, Ashley insisting that no one can talk about her shit because its so different when she spent three seasons haranguing Robyn over every accusation she heard about Juan and ki-ki'ing about her bank account.   

Had he just admitted to this instead of bullying, insulting and insisting that no one saw what they saw I think this issue would have probably been dead.  But the lying part is what makes people go out of their way to take pictures of him out and about doing this stuff.  

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 6:03 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Yep. She was stressed. I'm skeptical about her claim to have just fallen asleep too. She had been out drinking with Ashley and then drove home, "fell asleep" and crashed her car. Were police called? Because if they showed up, seems like they would've done a sobriety test. She may have gotten a DUI. It seemed like she dodged a bullet. 

d

A lot of time people don't call the cops for a single vehicle accident.  

I didn't think the damage looked that bad, but maybe its because I only saw the passenger side damage.  The way she described it I expected that car to be fucked up.  She said she hit like two trees right?  I didn't see any foliage and maybe because the car is silver I didn't see many scratches.  In my experience if you're driving normal speed, swerving, hitting trees and ending up in a ditch the damage would be more extensive.  I'm sure she is telling the truth, it was just odd to me. 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:34 PM, Stats Queen said:

Me too, but he’s a huge %#$& proud of his %@#$ part. 
His all about me was on full display when apparently his first thought about his wife/brood mare is what does she do for me. I’m disappointed and extremely disgusted.

I know I'll be in the minority so I welcome your metaphorical pitchforks.....but I don't think Chris S. is THAT bad.  It was locker room humor for sure, but I think he thought it was "adult humor"  he has a bad sense of humor.  Monique didn't seem at all put off by the joke and Dr. Wendy was falling out of her seat.  

And this....this  is the life Monique signed up for and she seems to be the only one putting all this pressure on herself.  Maybe Chris expects a snapback body in record time, but he seemed to like her extra weight.  And its possible that he is just annoyed because he thought he was in a traditional marriage and he worked hard so that he could comfortably afford that lifestyle.  It wouldn't be MY choice, but for years and years, it has been HER choice.  

In her first season Monique was talking about wanting like 5 or 6 kids or something ridiculous like that IIRC and it sounded like she and Chris were on the same page.  Things happen of course and Chris seems like he will be fine with 3 kids.  

I've seen Chris listen to her talk about whats going on with the other women and he seemed interested enough to give some kind of advice, so I'm not sure she is just a baby machine to him.  They have similar interests.  

She stresses HERSELF out.  Chris told her to get a nanny, has she gotten one yet?  You can't tell me there isn't one competent nanny in all of Potomac.  Financially Monique doesn't have to work, but she has decided to launch some essential oil scam, a website and a podcast....oh and she wants to be active in charity work as well.   And with two kids under five.  If you have to go out and earn, fine.  But she doesn't.  I think Chris may ffeel the same way Ray does....he is retired, he just wants to hang out at home with his wife and kids.  Until recently she hasn't shown much interest in working ("I'm the wifey, I don't work") so she may be switching it up on him.  

I do not think that Chris S. tricked Monique and she knew him for a LOOONG time so she knew what she was committing to.

6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Rf

She did, it was in an interview, but it was like she wanted to make EXTRA sure that the price was on camera because she didn't know if the editors would show the price.  They actually showed the listing price and so her humblebrag seemed particularly gratuitous to me.  Like why wouldn't you just say "we closed escrow on the house" like why would you mention the price?  It was bizarre to me and even though it wasn't in front of the other ladies, I found it cringeworthy.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Raising kids is hard, but it CAN be done without help.  Women do it every day, everywhere.  That being said, if you can have help, get help.  When my kids were little I had a full time nanny, and I have never considered myself "lazy" for that.  Monique does work (on the show) so why not get help?

I think they are pretty rich.  

Exactly - people with wealth stay that way by not spending money on crap.  Also they don't have anything to prove, they don't care to show off because they are secure in their wealth.  The people who buy and wear the LOOK-AT-ME expensive crap need for people to think they are rich.  

Most football players aren't that rich.

Edited by OdinO.
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Me too. It's shady to some mothers. I wonder why she didn't turn it around and pick something like Go-Getter Moms or Moms on the Move. Make it positive. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, qtpye said:

I remember a while ago Mathew Broderick was caught supposedly having an affair with a 25 year old woman. I remember that everyone was laughing at at because most people thought it was set up by him and Sara Jessica Parker, to squash the gay rumors that have plagued their entire relationship.

Where did those rumors come from?  Strange.

Financially Monique doesn't have to work, but she has decided to launch some essential oil scam, a website and a podcast....oh and she wants to be active in charity work as well.   And with two kids under five.  If you have to go out and earn, fine.  But she doesn't.  I think Chris may ffeel the same way Ray does....he is retired, he just wants to hang out at home with his wife and kids.  Until recently she hasn't shown much interest in working ("I'm the wifey, I don't work") so she may be switching it up on him. 

I think it's for the same reason Ayesha Curry has her cookbooks and CoverGirl contract. Although she's married to a rich man, it's still important to make sure that you have your own income squirreled away. Not only for independence, but just in case things go sideways. It goes back to the mixed messages women receive. If you marry a broke dude and complain about it, no one sympathizes because "well, you knew he was broke." When you marry rich, or shit, just well-off, then it's "she only with him for his money. If he were broke, she wouldn't want him." As if struggling is aspirational. 🙄

I mean, we see what's going on with the Nicole/Dr. Dre divorce. Yeah, her demands sound wild, but it didn't faze me much because it's rich people shit. They were married for 24 years and they have 2 children. Do people really think that she's walking away with nothing? You think if Bill and Melinda Gates divorce that Bill won't have to break Melinda off some coin? Jeff Bezos had to cut his ex-wife a check, too.

To bring it back to Monique, she's starring in a "Hey Mon" skit of her own doing, but not only do I think it's on brand, but it's probably what's expected of her. That's the view that most people have of SAHMs. You don't work outside the home, so why hire help?

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 2
On 9/18/2020 at 2:52 PM, Sheenieb said:

I think it's for the same reason Ayesha Curry has her cookbooks and CoverGirl contract. Although she's married to a rich man, it's still important to make sure that you have your own income squirreled away. Not only for independence, but just in case things go sideways. It goes back to the mixed messages women receive. If you marry a broke dude and complain about it, no one sympathizes because "well, you knew he was broke." When you marry rich, or shit, just well-off, then it's "she only with him for his money. If he were broke, she wouldn't want him." As if struggling is aspirational. 🙄

I mean, we see what's going on with the Nicole/Dr. Dre divorce. Yeah, her demands sound wild, but it didn't faze me much because it's rich people shit. They were married for 24 years and they have 2 children. Do people really think that she's walking away with nothing? You think if Bill and Melinda Gates divorce that Bill won't have to break Melinda off some coin? Jeff Bezos had to cut his ex-wife a check, too.

To bring it back to Monique, she's starring in a "Hey Mon" skit of her own doing, but not only do I think it's on brand, but it's probably what's expected of her. That's the view that most people have of SAHMs. You don't work outside the home, so why hire help?

Its cool to want to have money for an exit plan, but thats not the life monique signed up for and its not the life chris signed up for.  I don't know what Ayesha and Steph Curry understood about how their marriage would work, but in Moniques first season she was crowing about how "wifey doesn't work" when her mother in law told her to get a job.  So this makes me believe that there was an implicit agreement that they would have a traditional marriage and she would be a stay at home mom with maybe a bit of charity work and he would be the breadwinner and provider.  

Its hard to believe that she paid 200k for a podcast, and she couldn't pay 20k to focus group that company name.  Not for Lazy Moms comes off as so judgmental that people will be actively looking for ways to call Monique a hypocrite.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I am still a Monique fan. There's some disconnect between what we are seeing on the show and what is seen in her everyday life. I don't agree with people saying that she doesn't want kids while her husband does, because on multiple occasions they have both said that they wanted a lot of kids. With the miscarriage, and then with Chase's birth being so difficult, they both have decided to stop at 3, even though at first he wanted more. Chris got a great edit in the first few seasons and it seems like he was well liked by the guys, but all of a sudden he's a bad husband. The producers are paid to "produce a story" They can slice together any piece of a scene they want. 

I don't understand why the girls are coming at Monique for speaking about the rumors, saying its untrue. Their own girl Candiace is the one who brought to public that the plot existed. They can't say Monique is lying about that without saying that Candiace lied. Monique still chose to show up and do her job, and I guess she was on edge all filming season waiting for the next plot. She walked away from Charisse at Ashley's party: She is not paid to interact with or entertain her. Again, the girls can't get mad at Mo for doing that, but not Candiace when she walks away from Mo when she was going at her. Monique did go a bit hard at Candiace for seemingly no reason. The drama has to come from somewhere though, and it seems like people prefer for everyone to argue than get along. I for one would not be sad about watching a show where they fight less and have more fun. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/13/2020 at 10:08 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

I looooove when they drink on this franchise.  It’s always so funny and entertaining, not dark.  Karen was turnt.  Spill allll the tea on Ray.  I’m living for that.

I'm brand new to this franchise, and I'm here for it!  In general, I'm finding it more entertaining in a lighthearted way and much less dark than the other HW shows.  I also love the reaction shots/noises/comments of the other castmates whenever two of the women are having an argument-- almost like it's a spectator sport to them, lol.  Again, this is my first season watching, so I could be totally off, but the vibe I get is that while these women have strong opinions, they don't take any of this nearly as seriously as the other casts.   

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, ladle said:

I'm brand new to this franchise, and I'm here for it!  In general, I'm finding it more entertaining in a lighthearted way and much less dark than the other HW shows.  I also love the reaction shots/noises/comments of the other castmates whenever two of the women are having an argument-- almost like it's a spectator sport to them, lol.  Again, this is my first season watching, so I could be totally off, but the vibe I get is that while these women have strong opinions, they don't take any of this nearly as seriously as the other casts.   

I totally agree with you. I was what the older RH Shows (NY, BH, ATL) were like in their first couple of seasons, so I hope it stays organic.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2020 at 7:32 PM, Anonysaurus said:

I think I am watching this episode from a different perspective from everyone else -- so please hear me out (or not, whatever). Part of it is now knowing what was going on behind the scenes before the season started. Are we allowed to talk about there here or does that quality as "spoilers"? Part of it is also thinking of the last three years that Monique has been on the show and the last two that Candiace has. 

So while I agree Monique didn't come across super well, it also isn't the smoking gun of behavior I think it is for a lot of viewers. Monique basically had a bad episode, something we've seen from all the different cast members at one time or another. Candiace had a good episode, something else we'e seen from all the different cast members at one time or another. 

I'm assuming that Ashley and Michael have some sort of agreement. What I don't understand is why he is so blatant about it. 

I agree about Monique.  Candace went after Monique’s marriage.  It wouldn’t have hurt Gisele or Candace to just give Monique a heads up that they had to talk to Ashley for a minute. As a hostess, I probably would’ve been offended too. They could’ve told Ashley at any other time that night.

• Love 1
On 9/15/2020 at 1:57 PM, qtpye said:

It feels love like the saying about when you marry for money, you earn every penny.

The United States is a country where people brag about working themselves to death. You are looked down upon if you take vacations or imply you have an easy life. Women are particularly put on the spot to make it look like they effortlessly have it all. It is even harder for black women and women of color since we often feel like we need to prove our worth by working twice as hard as everyone else.

Early in my marriage, I was like Monique without all her money.

I had a husband who traveled for his job and was gone five days a week. I had a full time job, 2 small children, and a house I basically had to keep up myself. I asked no one for help and people often called me for favors. We had parties and I was expected to do all the cooking, cleaning, and hosting. I bet most of you know a woman just like this, particularly if she is a black woman. We are expected to take care of everything  and smile like it is a privilege.

Monique was totally out of pocket but after a lovely weekend at her home, all anyone will remember is that she fell asleep and they were all a little bored. That’s another thing...the people we are often trying to prove ourselves to are so not worth it.

She has to stop trying to be perfect and chill. Maybe hire the nanny her husband was talking about and just enjoy her life of privilege and stand up for herself more in the marriage.

Chris told Monique to hire any help she needed to make her life easier.  Why is she tired?  

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 3:28 AM, Kerrey92 said:

Except she has a company/blog “Not for Lazy Moms” or some such nonsense so it wouldn’t be on brand for her to have a bunch of help. I think that’s stupid and that she should have help especially when the kids are as little as hers and so physically demanding. But I can see where in her mind she doesn’t want to be considered “lazy” when she’s trying to launch this brand.  

When she told Chris she had spent 200,000 and had sold very little tickets, he told her to just cut back and quit working so hard and being stressed.  He was right.  She’s throwing money away.  Monique was insulted.  She does seem very crabby this season and I don’t think her husband is to blame.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ladle said:

I can't remember when, but there was a scene where Gizelle was literally eating popcorn while two other castmembers were getting into it.  It was hilarious.  

2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree about Monique.  Candace went after Monique’s marriage.  It wouldn’t have hurt Gisele or Candace to just give Monique a heads up that they had to talk to Ashley for a minute. As a hostess, I probably would’ve been offended too. They could’ve told Ashley at any other time that night.

If they said they had to talk to Ashley for a minute, what then?  Monique isn't going to demand to know why, and what about?  She isn't going to go out to everyone else and say "well, Candace and Gizelle need to talk to Ashley privately?"  Saying that Gizelle and Candace need to talk to Ashley privately puts everyone on notice that there is something going on, so essentially its making public that there is information that is so sensitive that it needs to be given to Ashley in private and it takes away Ashley's discretion to keep the information between the three of them if she so chooses.  

I don't think I would have been that offended as a hostess, but I think I'd hate the idea that I have to always be with the group like its a school field trip.  Did Monique want to force people to an campfire they didn't want to be at?  Its supposed to be a relaxing weekend, if you want to come to the campfire and have s'mores....great, if you don't thats cool too.  But s'mores by force doesn't sound fun or relaxing at all.  I mean its a lake house, its not a foreign excursion where you would have a schedule and tour guides and what not.  Its an allegedly relaxing weekend at a lake house.  

I think it was smart to tell Ashley ASAP because while cell phone reception was spotty, neither Gizelle nor Candace could know when the story would hit and have Ashley caught off guard.  

So far, I haven't seen anything on the show that makes me think Candace is coming for Monique's marriage.  She invited Charisse to a party, she didn't invite this Gigi character.  Gizelle was the one who mentioned the rumor on the show thus far.  

Edited by RealReality
7 hours ago, ladle said:

I would agree with this except Candiass confirmed that Gizelle wanted to spread the rumor that Monique's last baby was not her huband's and Candiass refused to go along. This was at Andy's baby shower.

This is really hitting below the belt but otherwise I usually do like this franchise.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Monique and Chris are locked in a lifestyle/marriage/family power struggle. They are both controlling, and they want each other to behave a certain way. I think being on the show unleashed some things in Monique and it's upset the balance they once had.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ladle said:

I’m genuinely confused as to why Monique got upset that her husband suggested they get catering? What was the alternative and why was it preferable?

I think she wanted a homestyle BBQ/cookout.  She may have put in work buying the meat and cleaning the grill.  Or who knows, maybe she thought the women would judge her for this last minute change.  

• Love 1
On 9/14/2020 at 11:19 PM, bosawks said:

I'm the type of person who, if commanded to call you "Dr. Wendy", would do so ad nauseam. 

Every single member of that catering crew would have been introduced to "Dr. Wendy".

"Have you met Dr. Wendy"

"I'd like to introduce to Dr. Wendy"

"Do you know Dr. Wendy"

"Look!  It's Dr. Wendy"

"Hey, Dr. Wendy"

And that's all I would ever call her.

I am bingeing this series trying to catch up so I haven’t bothered chipping in with comments as I’m so many weeks behind... but just HAD to love this post! Yes! DR Wendy from sunup to sundown 😆😆😆

• Love 1
On 9/27/2020 at 8:02 AM, ladle said:

I’m genuinely confused as to why Monique got upset that her husband suggested they get catering? What was the alternative and why was it preferable?

I think that Chris was supposed to cook Monique’s birthday meal. By saying “let’s cater it” Chris is both not cooking for Monique, and giving her the task of arranging her own birthday meal. I am sure in that family Monique is the one that arranges everything with the caterers, not Chris.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3