Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

I took a quick look at the end credits for the first episode of every season and...

Season 1-8: No credit for Charlotte (not even the 'Brides' special)
Season 9-14: Charlotte Jones Anderson
Season 15 - Charlotte Jones (Hayley is also credited)

Was looking at IMDb - everyone appears as "self", except for Kalyssa Alynn Dawn Singleton who played "Kalyssa Singleton"🤣

• LOL 13
On 12/18/2020 at 12:02 PM, parrotfeathers said:

For all we know ey could have gotten a memo that gave several suggestions and this was one of them.

Why are so many excuses being made for Brennan? Every step must have been a grand conspiracy against her or bad editing.

I, personally, found the "Wash your hands" face mask obnoxious.

I'm a mask wearer and hand washer, but that mask is the definition of classlessness and tackiness.

Also her IG post was BS. I hate anyone playing the victim. Making vague IG posts is not bold or world class (Hannah too).

She barely made the team and if she displayed any sort of attitude she was gone. 

She was a blender and only had the DCC look if you squinted really hard. This was not a difficult cut.

There are several mature, well-spoken women on the team. She didn't bring some special quality that made her indispensable.

I know Brennan has many fans, but I'm just going to call it as I see it.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Why are so many excuses being made for Brennan? Every step must have been a grand conspiracy against her or bad editing.

I'm a mask wearer and hand washer, but that mask is the definition of classlessness and tackiness.

Also her IG post was BS. I hate anyone playing the victim. Making vague IG posts is not bold or world class (Hannah too).

She barely made the team and if she displayed any sort of attitude she was gone. 

She was a blender and only had the DCC look if you squinted really hard. This was not a difficult cut.

There are several mature, well-spoken women on the team. She didn't bring some special quality that made her indispensable.

Cause some people like Brennan, and some don't. It's the same for all TCCs and DCCs. It's not that hard to figure out, and not that big of a deal. Lol. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Cause some people like Brennan, and some don't. It's the same for all TCCs and DCCs. It's not that hard to figure out, and not that big of a deal. Lol. 

I was probably being overly harsh. I don't dislike Brennan or anyone.

But you are right. It is no big deal.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I'm kind of in shock the discussion/defense/crucifixion of Lisa's/Brennan's jeans has gone on this long

😂😂 We might beat the 20 zillion pages we supposedly spent discussing Meredith O's beauty mark!!! 

But seriously, I think we saw Brennan's outfit longer than any actual dancing clips in that episode....all 2 second clips they use to try to gets us to go along with their narrative are really starting to bug me, show longer clips of it so we can really get a good idea of the dance and the dancers.   And I wish they would show the choreographers demonstrating their whole dance.  The one that is bothering me the most is one of the moves in Evan's dance, the only way I can think to explain it is it looks like their body is doing the snake (y'all remember that move?!?! lol) but with their arms straight up instead of in front of them.  They've shown many clips of different girls doing it and a lot of them look super awkward to me, but I have no idea what it is suppose to look like full out and in context with the whole dance  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I'm kind of in shock the discussion/defense/crucifixion of Lisa's/Brennan's jeans has gone on this long

Well, we are still talking about the tiny little cut-outs in Kat's dress, so yeah.  We are.  And we will.  Because that is the beauty of us!!!  (You included, I am not dissing you, just discoursing on the beautiful us that makes up PT.)

• Love 16

A few pages back, I said hard pass on Marissa based on her Tik Tok and audition videos. Here is where I begrudgingly admit that she did not bother me in the most recent episode of MTT. Her dancing looked strong and she wasn’t over the top in her talking heads. She’s still not one of my favorite rookies (Dani, McKenzie, Armani), but I now can see how she made the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

So watching the DCC Instagram - Kat is today’s insta take over - are we aware of any injuries?! She’s having both ankles taped up

also it’s Tess & Maddie’s 50th game today 

Alora - Rose is also doing/giving today’s gifts 

0D3E5BD1-D709-4922-B2F5-35FA1B7E65AA.jpeg

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

So watching the DCC Instagram - Kat is today’s insta take over - are we aware of any injuries?! She’s having both ankles taped up

I believe many of the ladies have their ankles taped for extra support while dancing in the boots. Perhaps @ShellyB can confirm if ever she stops by.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Opine said:

Well, we are still talking about the tiny little cut-outs in Kat's dress, so yeah.  We are.  And we will.  Because that is the beauty of us!!!  (You included, I am not dissing you, just discoursing on the beautiful us that makes up PT.)

well yeah, i know, i just found this in particular odd and beating a dead horse lol...not trying to come for anyone 

39 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

also it’s Tess & Maddie’s 50th game today 

Alora - Rose is also doing/giving today’s gifts 

0D3E5BD1-D709-4922-B2F5-35FA1B7E65AA.jpeg

wonder if she'll be giving any monat products

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

I took a quick look at the end credits for the first episode of every season and...

Season 1-8: No credit for Charlotte (not even the 'Brides' special)
Season 9-14: Charlotte Jones Anderson
Season 15: Charlotte Jones (Haley is also credited)

So Haley gets a EP credit but not Judy?🤔

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I believe many of the ladies have their ankles taped for extra support while dancing in the boots. Perhaps @ShellyB can confirm if ever she stops by.

Someone asked Shelly on here what the girls did before a game, and she mentioned taping ankles.  And during an IG takeover, it was mentioned by the trainer that this year they are taping knees cause the deck surface is harder.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Dear lord is Gina extra during the IG story today of the DCC walking out in their Santa uniforms  🤦‍♀️

I mean what is she even doing twisting her body all over the place. Is she never not on she's in the tunnel who can even see her? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Has anyone else noticed during today’s IG video the girls counting in the end of the dance and the counts travelling down the line? 

I know for a fact I won’t be able to explain this well please bare with me 😅🤦🏻‍♀️

so we’ve debated before how GLs call in the dances with it being one long line, I noticed on the videos GL shouting 5 and the girls next to her start shouting 6 along with GL more of the line then also shouts 7 as you can hear more girls shouting the counts 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

A few pages back, I said hard pass on Marissa based on her Tik Tok and audition videos. Here is where I begrudgingly admit that she did not bother me in the most recent episode of MTT. Her dancing looked strong and she wasn’t over the top in her talking heads. She’s still not one of my favorite rookies (Dani, McKenzie, Armani), but I now can see how she made the team.

This articulates how I feel exactly! I found her NYC story interesting, and it makes sense to me how some of these gals gravitated towards the DCC this year since at least it’s still a paid dance job. The show exposure can work in favor for some, especially if they’re after social media money, and I don’t know that Broadway or cruise lines or Vegas, etc. would give this the same side eye they might have in the past. 

I think there’s been buzz that the dance community in general looks at NFL cheer and DCC as a joke, but a dance hustle is a hustle and these ladies found a way to stay in shape and perform in a weird ass time. Even if it’s in a weird ass way. 

I didn’t love Brennan’s mask either, but I did find her to be polished and pretty in her tank and high waisted jeans.  A surprising choice for her for move in day, tho, knowing cameras would likely be there AND it’s blazing ass hot.  I’ll keep talking about Lisa’s horrible fashion choices to the grave tho. Those pieces separately maybe could have worked but had no business worn together. Bless. 

• Love 12

On 12/16/2020 at 11:32 AM, RileyJDR said:

Did we know that Rachel A had COVID weeks ago? I didn’t but that doesn’t mean you all didn’t! Her Instagram says 6 weeks later and still no sense of smell. Had you all flagged that she missed any games? Or maybe with away games, etc. she didn’t miss any. 

Honestly, how did she not infect anyone else? They are practicing everyday, so she most certainly went into practice before she had a chance to get tested/be alarmed.

On 12/16/2020 at 5:35 PM, vanillagum said:

WHAT? that is absolutely insane if true

also lol if a 4 year vet doesn't know this stuff/close to it enough by now

Considering they are legit doing the same dances again and again, the fact that she was messing up even in year 2 is just beyond me, but year at year 4 it’s just inexcusable. 

On 12/18/2020 at 7:02 AM, TUOwl84 said:

Tess always looks like she is in her 40s 

131625185_10157431413131035_7435449343523640403_o.jpg

I will never understand how she made triangle. GL eh, there was no other option literally. But we could’ve had Bridget or Heather up there...or any other girl really.

On 12/18/2020 at 7:05 AM, kalibean said:

There was for sure some hijinks in the Tara editing...but honestly, she looked to me like she was struggling.  I was never a big Tara fan from her rookie year...short legs, blender, etc.  But I liked her personality and she definitely had an approachable, sporty cute vibe.  I love peeps like this on the squad, alongside the glam girls, super athletic/buff, etc.

But she looked run down to me for her veteran camp, starting with the swimsuit photo shoot and her office visits.  Seemed like more of an outside of DCC, real life issues she wasn't able to work through while sparkling for the DCC.  So while upset for her and her teammates as she seemed much beloved, it didn't seem like she needed to be on the squad that year.

I actually disagree... She said in her last office visit that she was getting praise for her improvement and her cut was most certainly an effort from Kelli’s side to keep our beloved (in her mind) trainwreck on the team. It was obvious she was dealing with something bigger than “makeover is needed stat”, so you don’t kick someone while not only are they down, but they are actively working on it and improving. And don’t tell me that glamming up an obviously sad girl who can still perform is more difficult than hiding VK’s belly. At the very least, Tara shouldn’t have been cut before VK. 

On 12/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, vanillagum said:

that reminds me of that one gif of victoria falling out of turn where judy looks horrified but immediately becomes jovial when she sees kelli’s reaction. when victoria was in seasons and 13 and 14, judy didn’t seem to care nearly as much as kelli did. maybe she’s mum because she knows her spawn benefited from nepotism as well, but i also like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit and is never going to agree, so just keeps quiet to preserve peace/her job. i remember either she or kelli said that judy prefers the technical dancers while kelli is a sucker for a pretty face—so yeah again i like to think she’s sick of kelli’s shit. she didn’t seem nearly as taken by kat and meredith as kelli was, for example 

Yeah and I definitely get it: why would she argue? It’s easy money for her by this point, so she just needs to keep her mouth shut for a few more years and then happily retire.

15 hours ago, hypeman said:

I think it’s a bit of a strong reaction, but we’re all entitled to our opinions. While Brennan isn’t your typical DCC, I’d argue she looks more like a dcc than Amy, Maddie, Marissa, kelli and other girls that made the team and well, even point. When you place two of your more underwhelming and uhm, un-dcc looking girls at point, you don’t get to cut vets for their looks.

As for her dancing, she got enough praise for her actual skills and performance and was told her only issue was during tc and letting her nerves get to her. Look through any of her clips and you won’t find a mistake -while Meredith really was a trainwreck, Savvanah (a 4th year) is still making mistakes, GL and somehow included in the triangle Tess messed up during thunderstruck, same with VK. If all these girls are still on the team, cutting a “blender” is again inexcusable. 

And also, I’d like to bring this up once again: it’s a team of 36 (-ish), the girls HAVE to blend in. You can’t have 36 Ginas competing against each other and even holly was toning it down during thunderstruck to blend in with the team. Kelli has been using this almost as an insult, but what the correct term would be is probably boring, not blender. 

And last thing: if anyone can bring up a few examples of well spoken girls from the past few years, I’d be grateful. Most of them sound like airheads when they talk, or robots, or completely boring, or overly excited (tried to be nice here) or or or. As much as Kelli is trying to convince us that dccs are rocket scientists with a passion for dance, these girls are actually the exception not the norm.

One last thing, I’m dying that Kat’s stories saw the girls wearing face masks to set up the “surprise”... then tess and maddie get photographed not wearing a mask. 

• Love 17
46 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

And last thing: if anyone can bring up a few examples of well spoken girls from the past few years, I’d be grateful. Most of them sound like airheads when they talk, or robots, or completely boring, or overly excited (tried to be nice here) or or or. As much as Kelli is trying to convince us that dccs are rocket scientists with a passion for dance, these girls are actually the exception not the norm.

A couple that come to my mind are Melissa W and Maggie R for well-spoken women. If too far back then Christina, Lauren and Alexis. 

Edited by Trixi
Add
  • Love 7

Spoiler New DCC Rookie Alert, please do not click if you do not want to know who made the team!

Turn Away Spoiler ahead:

1. Armani
2. Dani
3. MacKenzie
4. Elli 
5. Marissa
6. Darian
7. Alora Rose 
8. Sydney 

*I am missing two more girls. Working on it. 

Kelli said they have room for 6 rookies. But the 4 vet cuts made room for 10 rookies. 

I will update this post soon. 

I was happy to see some actual dancing in Kat’s DCC takeover today!

I read the comments above about Gina being Gina, ahem, I mean being extra, before I watched the video. Good lord! It was even more ridiculous than I expected. She was twisting her hips so much she almost tripped over her own feet! 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Same here.   Hopefully she reads the boards and will grow up just a tad.

That's my main prob with them allowing girls just out of high school to audition. Everyone matures differently but straight out of high school you're 17-18 and just do not have the experience necessary to know how one should be acting/behaving in a setting that is going to catapult you to minor stardom as MTT does. She's a fabulous dancer and has a great presence but I was definitely still immature at that age and looking back (I'm 24 now) I would not have wanted that part of my life and process of maturing broadcast on a popular TV show.

I'm in law school & for character & fitness the Bar looks WAAAAAY back into every minor detail of your life. Having those vids up on TikTok, regardless of how smart or good of a lawyer I am, would be cause for question for me being admitted to the Bar and I don't see why it should be any different for careers that push the person into a spokesperson role.

edit: Had to thesaurus search for spokesperson because I forgot the word was ambassador lmao

Edited by BunnyHop96
  • Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, Lona said:

oooooh SG Savannah would be fun to see. I don't know if she'll ever reach that point, but if she decides to stay for a 5th year I can see her finally getting it and then retiring.

Remember how that worked out for poor Angela. 😭

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

Remember how that worked out for poor Angela. 😭

Shelly B and Katy said she turned down appearances, so maybe they felt she was taking it all for granted.  If I remember it right, she was planning on retiring, but then came back for one more year - show group being the big reason.  Probably not the right reason.

Savannah seems to be happy and grateful for every opportunity that comes her way, but show group seems to have become more of a favorites kind of thing

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly B and Katy said she turned down appearances, so maybe they felt she was taking it all for granted.  If I remember it right, she was planning on retiring, but then came back for one more year - show group being the big reason.  Probably not the right reason.

Savannah seems to be happy and grateful for every opportunity that comes her way, but show group seems to have become more of a favorites kind of thing

Yes, if show group was about dance ability then Jalyn wud have been on her 3rd year of it

• Love 24
2 hours ago, KellyKapowski said:

Anyone have any idea who is running the DCCMakingTheTeam TikTok account? My guess is either Hayley Anderson or Sam Finglass. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or ideas. 

Not sure but I saw in a Facebook group they commented on someone’s tik tok video the one of the girl who tried to do the jump split and said it wasn’t hard - what was their comment? I don’t have tik tok so can’t view the comments I can only see the video 

On 12/20/2020 at 12:43 AM, hypeman said:

Making vague IG posts is not bold or world class

To be fair, I'd hardly call her post vague, I'd say she pretty much put it all out there 😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

LOL looks like they corrected it, their original post said that Dallas was playing Washington.

Lol! I commented that in their post, I didn’t know who Dallas was playing but I was watching WAS play SEA at the time😂. Who’s running their SM again?

Edited by Trixi
Typo
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Trixi said:

A couple that come to my mind are Melissa W and Maggie R for well-spoken women. If too far back then Christina, Lauren and Alexis. 

I wouldn’t call Alexis well spoken, and I definitely put her in the airhead category after that weird tik tok with VK, but ymmv. Still, it’s not like they ever had multiple girls on the team who are both well spoken and genuine. That’s what I meant -For example, we can all agree Rachel id well spoken and knows what to say, but she seems robotic to most of us so i wouldn’t put her in the “well spoken” category

18 hours ago, DCCland said:

Did anyone else see that Victoria deleted her Instagram? I wonder what happened there 

It was hacked. It’s now called ceoxmami and claims to be a graphic designer.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

To be fair, I'd hardly call her post vague, I'd say she pretty much put it all out there 😂

True🤣and it’s still more classy than heavily editing scenes to the point no one can follow Kelli’s supposed conversations with the girls in order to create drama.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Spot on about Savannah.  She's not a fan favorite because many feel she isn't one of the better dancers, which is perfectly fine, but at least she has appeared to be an asset to the team.  It would be real easy to become a cancer given she hasn't been selected for some of the sought after positions on the team, but she seemingly has accepted it gracefully.  I feel sorry for her in a way because of all the criticism she receives, even if the criticisms are valid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

One last thing, I’m dying that Kat’s stories saw the girls wearing face masks to set up the “surprise”... then tess and maddie get photographed not wearing a mask. 

You seem very analytical, what do you make of Kat's dancing in the insta stories? I hope she improves her technique.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCCbCzBzxZ/

Performance from yesterday, more footage than in the DCC stories

• Love 1

I'd rather have a team full of vanilla like Caroline when she dances so gracefully. THIS is how you do a lyrical piece. All her tricks are executed so well. Sure, she's not the most expressive dancer facially but a pretty lyrical doesn't always need that (unlike contemporary). I'm obsessed with her lines; from finger to toes, she hits the most beautiful lines and shapes. 

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd rather have a team full of vanilla like Caroline when she dances so gracefully. THIS is how you do a lyrical piece. All her tricks are executed so well. Sure, she's not the most expressive dancer facially but a pretty lyrical doesn't always need that (unlike contemporary). I'm obsessed with her lines; from finger to toes, she hits the most beautiful lines and shapes. 

She puts Victoria to shame

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Pies said:

You seem very analytical, what do you make of Kat's dancing in the insta stories? I hope she improves her technique.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJCCbCzBzxZ/

Performance from yesterday, more footage than in the DCC stories

That was bad!!!  Forget the fact that she was out of line and all movements were weak and late, the worst part was when she had to stop and look at the others.  How did Meredith and Kat think that NOT perfecting the dances before this year was ok?

• Love 6