Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I’m sure this will be unpopular but Kristin’s solo she posted is horrible. Just because someone WANTS to speak out against social justice (And most of us do!) and chooses a particular “song” to play, does not make a dance performance good. Kudos to Kristin for what she tried to do… some of her dance moves were good.  But no one can say that she did the song justice. The judges reaction on the show was live and immediate after they saw it with the correct music. No conspiracies to taint Kristin...It just wasn’t good.  This is supposed to be Show Group auditions, not a social justice performance art gathering.  Also, like EVERY other dance on the show, they can’t use the actual music she used because of that artist’s licensing prohibiting them to do so, so CMT has to pick something else.  What other music would you have chosen to go with such a strange solo??

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
41 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Cassie just put Kristin's solo on her story, wonder what Kelli thinks now?  Kelli is looking pretty bad right now.  It could have been a great moment for CMT but they just thought negative drama would be better.  

So did Ashlee!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Cassie just put Kristin's solo on her story, wonder what Kelli thinks now?  Kelli is looking pretty bad right now.  It could have been a great moment for CMT but they just thought negative drama would be better.  

Haley liked it on IG

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I’m sure this will be unpopular but Kristin’s solo she posted is horrible. Just because someone WANTS to speak out against social justice (And most of us do!) and chooses a particular “song” to play, does not make a dance performance good. Kudos to Kristin for what she tried to do… some of her dance moves were good.  But no one can say that she did the song justice. The judges reaction on the show was live and immediate after they saw it with the correct music. No conspiracies to taint Kristin...It just wasn’t good.  This is supposed to be Show Group auditions, not a social justice performance art gathering.  Also, like EVERY other dance on the show, they can’t use the actual music she used because of that artist’s licensing prohibiting them to do so, so CMT has to pick something else.  What other music would you have chosen to go with such a strange solo??

That’s an opinion I’m fine with if they said exactly that but they didn’t. They said her timing was off and that’s why it wasn’t good and then the song they used in the clip was also not good for the scene to further “prove” their narrative. Usually when any dancer has a slow contemporary song regardless of copyright issues they always air the scene with a slow contemporary song and hip hop song with a hip hop solo or pop/r&b song with jazz solo. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 21
21 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I found the number 1 issue to be that they didn’t even mention on the show what the solo was about and it’s true meaning, from the clips I saw. I have a hunch Charlotte wasn’t wild about it because she seems like a very privileged and conservative person who doesn’t like to support causes that may not be profitable or popular with her fan base. For once Neil McCoys opinion I took more seirously than a dancers like Kellis or Judys  😂

On another note, credit to Cassie Trammell for sharing this. I notice Judy also wasn’t impressed with Kristens solo so I commend Cassie for going against the grain and not just continuing to drink the look aid.  

Edited by perrie97
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I knew they would edit this season to fit their narrative, but even I am surprised at how much they chose to edit. Obviously most of the time they can’t use the original music because of royalty, but to purposely overlay music that makes Kristin look off is insane (yes, they did that). Kelli told Hannah that her solo was one of the strongest when they were cutting her. Imagine sacrificing health, safety, time, to go into a bubble last minute, in the middle of a global pandemic, only to watch the women who are supposed to lead you with grace and positivity, tear you down because they didn’t like the message your dance sent. Interesting that they didn’t show the judges’ comments about not being the least bit impressed with another “white girl” hip hop from Maddie. Interesting that they left Claire W get away with wearing a potato sack for her solo dance when they have cut vets for doing the same. This show is actually ludicrous.

P.S. how are you calling this a bubble when you are leaving the hotel to go to the stadium where there are public tours happening at the same time as filming???? 

I have to disagree with you about something... Claire W, her solo, her dancing, her feet, her extension can dance in anything!  The girls who got cut for wearing a sack of potatoes outfit got cut for weight.  Not their costume... if they danced like Claire W of course they would keep her!!!

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Kelli is so oblivious she could care less that we are talking about it.  She probably thinks it is wonderful the show is getting so much attention because we are talking about it.  She has really hurt so many of the girls this year.  Wonder what her children think of her?  Better yet I wonder how she would like it if it was her daughter getting hurt?  

Kelli works in an organization where her narrow minded views are supported and championed.  Put her in a leadership position in a Fortune 500 company and she wouldn't make it 90 days.  

• Love 18

Besides Jayln not making it back to show group last year, when is the last time a girl hasn't made it the next year? (Aside from being cut all together?) I know someone said ,"it's not the first time, or the last time", even though we haven't seen it in the show. I feel like the first we saw was Jayln. Now this year we have Cianna and Hannah not making it, but we didn't hear anything about it. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Best get used to seeing this...VK for point!  Who is her biggest competition for point?

And Melissa’s thoughts on VK for point🤮

I find it interesting they showed nothing of Jalyn’s solo. Makes me think if they did they wud have a hard time justifying her not making show group🤔

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Trixi said:

And Melissa’s thoughts on VK for point🤮

I find it interesting they showed nothing of Jalyn’s solo. Makes me think if they did they wud have a hard time justifying her not making show group🤔

And she mentioned Alora Rose being next to Victoria but she’s already next to Victoria during game days and honestly I look at Alora Rose first with the game day videos I’ve seen.

• Love 4

I believe ( Correct me if I am wrong) That both Charlotte and Kelly have some roll on the actual show as far as executive producers.  So if this Is the case- they knew exactly how they were editing this and  how they were taking a solo that had a meaning / message and butchering it.  Makes me wonder if this was another message or a solo by a different person - would the treatment be the same....
Let’s say they didn’t have a part in editing- you know they saw the episode prior to it airing and at the LEAST should have gone to Kristen and warned her. 
All the supportive comments on Kristen’s ig account also make me wonder if some who were NOT going to retire may change their minds. 

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Besides Jayln not making it back to show group last year, when is the last time a girl hasn't made it the next year? (Aside from being cut all together?) I know someone said ,"it's not the first time, or the last time", even though we haven't seen it in the show. I feel like the first we saw was Jayln. Now this year we have Cianna and Hannah not making it, but we didn't hear anything about it. 

Emma didn't make it back for her second year

• Useful 3
21 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Who is really surprised by this though?

Oh I'm definitely not.  Especially considering their so-called bubble and what appears to be lack of overall consistent Covid protocol.

9 minutes ago, KellyKapowski said:

😒😆I don't know who this @esc_nl is but i legit see them being ridiculous EVERYWHERE 

She was on here under a couple names.

Edited by go4luca
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Emma, season 7

• Useful 3
33 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

And Kelli looked like she didn't give a damn about Meredith's emotions or cutting her. But she had the audacity to say it was so hard for her. Please bitch! And I'm not even a big fan of Meredith. I felt bad for her. 

Agree. She had this cold look on her face while Meredith was crying and talking. Then, when Meredith was walking out, she looked at Judy and saw that she was crying so she started wiping her eyes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LizzyBeth said:

Agree. She had this cold look on her face while Meredith was crying and talking. Then, when Meredith was walking out, she looked at Judy and saw that she was crying so she started wiping her eyes.

Kelli has always seemed cold and fake.  Her “smile” seems fake, as if she is just exposing her teeth, and the emotion never makes it to her eyes.  Rachel W has more feeling behind the yes when she smiles!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ok but the main question I have not concerning the dancers but Judy and Kelli themselves..haha like that's anything new.. but anyway, why aren't they wearing masks in the bubble? Tonight for instance, when they were announcing SG members all of the girls were wearing masks. If the staff has to, what makes it so different for them not to wear their masks at all times as well? This is a genuine question and I was highly confused. Anyone else? 

Edited by jammen
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

It’s true. Victoria hasn’t danced at the last two games. Kelli was not at the second to last game.

Victoria was there tho at the eagles game this past weekend I’m so confused 

EBADF99B-E1BE-4EE6-8F39-5809B2F738F9.jpeg

2 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

As a black woman, I am grateful for all allyship. I have also always liked Kristin. However, i agree that the solo was not great. If you take away the message and look at it objectively, it really did not hold up well against most of the other performances. I was not moved at all while watching it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Victoria was there tho at the eagles game this past weekend I’m so confused 

EBADF99B-E1BE-4EE6-8F39-5809B2F738F9.jpeg

Not sure  when VKs quarantine was meant to start / end and I am not even sure what the specific rules are there but is there anything to prove that VK was actually there at the game?  I do social media for a local sports club and we have a bunch of photos taken throughout the year that we use on socials but we could use a photo in December that was taken in July. If VK wasn't there and this is just a photo that they have chosen when she was meant to be quarantining, then that's not a good look for sure, but it wouldn't be the first time their social teams have messed up. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, onthebubble said:

Not sure  when VKs quarantine was meant to start / end and I am not even sure what the specific rules are there but is there anything to prove that VK was actually there at the game?  I do social media for a local sports club and we have a bunch of photos taken throughout the year that we use on socials but we could use a photo in December that was taken in July. If VK wasn't there and this is just a photo that they have chosen when she was meant to be quarantining, then that's not a good look for sure, but it wouldn't be the first time their social teams have messed up. 

Thank you so much for the explanation I was so confused I appreciate you for clearing that up for me and make it make sense 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I really can't figure out what they were hoping to achieve by featuring negative criticism about Kristin's solo. Did they not consider the ramifications of editing and harping on it specifically? Kristin is on the team - they don't have to build a story for her. So the big question - did Kelli and Charlotte know this was the direction MTT took?

So true.

Yes, Kelli and Charlotte know this was the direction MTT is taking since they are executive producers. This makes it even more crazy. Kelli and Charlotte took a no win scenario when they could have easily just bunny-hopped over this hot potato. Another bad decision.

1 hour ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I am on #TeamKirstin but I agree there is a clear distinction between speaking out on issues (which is good), the time and place one chooses to do so (which could be counterproductive) and the actual way how this speaking out is executed.

It should be very clear to Kristin that this performance just flew miles over Kelli's and Charlotte's head and as always when these two mental midgets don't understand something they disapprove of it.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ok.  I am missing it.  Is she engaged?

Edited my post for clarity! She’s hanging up her poms and moving back to Arizona. Four years of long distance is a lot, so extra good on her and her bf for sticking it out. (And their dog is adorable too!)

• Love 6
5 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Kristin just posted her solo with music to her Instagram.  I don't know how to post it here, but it was beautiful....CMT and TPTB did her dirty. They should be ashamed of themselves. 

And to see the team all in the comments supporting and uplifting her makes me so glad because CMT and DCC should be ashamed of what they just tried to pull on that woman. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

We don’t know how true that is or who this person is I take  it with a grain of salt 

Of course.  Everyone decides for themselves what they choose to believe.  For me, it doesn’t surprise me one bit.  But I definitely think that chick responding to dcc_insider, the one with her own DCC Insta fan group, is whacked.

I’m also midway surprised this comment was allowed to remain up on the MTT IG page.

17 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Edited my post for clarity! She’s hanging up her poms and moving back to Arizona. Four years of long distance is a lot, so extra good on her and her bf for sticking it out. (And their dog is adorable too!)

I guess now I’m the one missing something. We already knew that Heather retired and moved back to AZ.

• Love 10