Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Thanks.  Do we know why the vets were cut?  

Yep we do. Read the last 20 pages of this thread and it may help you understand.

I know the girls have to return their uniforms at the end of the year but surely the vets have some of the practice gear - the pink v blue outfits. I would love to see Hannah return it by dropping it in Kellis office and setting it on fire. I was never a massive Hannah fan - didn't hate her, she was just Hannah but damn if I havent just fallen in love with her after that insta post. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
Just now, CailynA said:

She waited this long to follow him? Must be some mind blowing sex

Yeah he went to Atlanta then to the bengals then got cut went to 49s same year then Dallas picked him up 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Yeah he went to Atlanta then to the bengals then got cut went to 49s same year then Dallas picked him up 

So she was just waiting for him to settle down someplace, makes more sense. But how do TPTB deal with that, a girl coming in that is already in a relationship with a player?

2 minutes ago, CailynA said:

So she was just waiting for him to settle down someplace, makes more sense. But how do TPTB deal with that, a girl coming in that is already in a relationship with a player?

The one of the two ways they always do: cut her or denial.

• Love 9

I’m glad people aren’t necessarily blowing up TPTB directly - I think the well thought out, articulate posts from Brennan and Hannah, bundled with the massive show of support by past and present DCC speak much, much louder. 

There have been some trash comments on the DCC and MTT page with good intentions but not stated in a way that will be taken seriously.  Women who force their TCC to read books about Jackie O and report back aren’t going to take notice of juvenile grammar and instantiated mudslinging other than to coddle the recipients if they’re on the highly favored list. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching this burn...before they're deleted. 

H1.PNG

H2.PNG

H3.PNG

H4.PNG

H5.PNG

H6.PNG

H7.PNG

GEEEEEEZ 

17 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

This pretty much settles it..  CMT will be gone this week and I'll be watching either on iTunes or Pluto.

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Girl, it's 48 hours worth of stuff.  Hope you understand.  Most of us are exhausted.

Hahaha! Yeah I do..I'll just settle for watching it unfold on iTunes (if it makes it there).  Gonna be interesting to see how much I can save on my cable/internet bill without the "package" that includes CMT

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed some wording
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It was posted in one of the facebook groups that Claire D, Cassie, Annabelle, Shannan, Kelly, Ashlinn and Tori have also been cut. The screenshot looked like it came from a prime timer forum but I didn’t see the post in here so sorry if I’m repeating information

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Mvdb said:

It was posted in one of the facebook groups that Claire D, Cassie, Annabelle, Shannan, Kelly, Ashlinn and Tori have also been cut. The screenshot looked like it came from a prime timer forum but I didn’t see the post in here so sorry if I’m repeating information

So 11 total including the vets?  How many open spots were there on the roster this year?

1 minute ago, Mvdb said:

And Amelia made number 8

25 vets and 11 rookies - a team of 36.  Gee, I wonder why not 37?????

• Useful 4

Hey guys!                                                                                                                                                        Long time lurker here who rarely posts, but I've been around since TWOP and I'd like to lay out a theory about the DCC and MTT and see if it makes sense to anybody else.                                                                                                                            What if the Cowboys have decided that, in the current climate (meaning everything from #BLM to #metoo to covid) that the DCC are no longer a viable branding tool?                                                                                                                        Or, on a smaller scale, maybe Bravo and/or the production company have made it clear that this season is either the last season of MTT, or worse, that the 2020 season will only be aired if there's "sufficient drama".  That's a standard reality show practice, some shows have to re-shoot entire seasons and even recast to get to get another season on the schedule.                                                                                                            So what if that's literally what we're seeing here?  Kelly and Charlotte deliberately blowing up the team to get the show on the air?                                                                                                  They don't need the best dancers, because the DCC won't even be on the field this year.  If the ladies will only be on the touch down decks, there's no worrying about pretty lines on the field or a kick line.  All they need is pretty-ish girls who can wear the uniform and gyrate.                                                                                            And if the DCC really is going to go away, they don't need to worry about future leadership (veterans) either.                                                                                                                                                  If somebody beat me to this, I apologize.  I'm still back on page 31, but I needed to see if this occurred to anyone else.       

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Hahaha! Yeah I do..I'll just settle for watching it unfold on iTunes (if it makes it there).  Gonna be interesting to see how much I can save on my cable/internet bill without the "package" that includes CMT

Girl, I gave up cable beginng of May.  I do not miss the add'l cost!  I prefer watching things ala carte anyway.  I change my mind a lot and switch things up.  😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

And Amelia made number 8

25 vets and 11 rookies - a team of 36.  Gee, I wonder why not 37?????

I forgot to mention Sheridan too! So 10 rookie cuts (if you include Jaycie not showing up) and 4 vet cuts

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, An Offt said:

Hey guys!                                                                                                                                                        Long time lurker here who rarely posts, but I've been around since TWOP and I'd like to lay out a theory about the DCC and MTT and see if it makes sense to anybody else.                                                                                                                            What if the Cowboys have decided that, in the current climate (meaning everything from #BLM to #metoo to covid) that the DCC are no longer a viable branding tool?                                                                                                                        Or, on a smaller scale, maybe Bravo and/or the production company have made it clear that this season is either the last season of MTT, or worse, that the 2020 season will only be aired if there's "sufficient drama".  That's a standard reality show practice, some shows have to re-shoot entire seasons and even recast to get to get another season on the schedule.                                                                                                            So what if that's literally what we're seeing here?  Kelly and Charlotte deliberately blowing up the team to get the show on the air?                                                                                                  They don't need the best dancers, because the DCC won't even be on the field this year.  If the ladies will only be on the touch down decks, there's no worrying about pretty lines on the field or a kick line.  All they need is pretty-ish girls who can wear the uniform and gyrate.                                                                                            And if the DCC really is going to go away, they don't need to worry about future leadership (veterans) either.                                                                                                                                                  If somebody beat me to this, I apologize.  I'm still back on page 31, but I needed to see if this occurred to anyone else.       

I just skimmed this but I think you hit the nail on the head

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

He has been with the cowboys since 2018 

59 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Can someone cliff note me on the new TCC that followed her boyfriend to DCC? Is he playing for the Cowboys? And now she's a DCC? I've been distracted...

Boyfriend? She wishes! that guy had a baby with someone in 2018. Sydney is clearly just a piece of ass who hasn’t figured it out yet 😂🤣😂🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Girl, I gave up cable beginning of May.  I do not miss the add'l cost!  I prefer watching things ala carte anyway.  I change my mind a lot and switch things up.  😁

Don't remember the last time I actually had my TV ON.....I got a really nice flat screen tv when I had my apartment remodeled while I was @ my Mom's recovering from a broken arm  in 2018.  I bet I haven't had the new TV on 10x since I got it!!!!

**Gets back on topic**

8 minutes ago, Mvdb said:

I wonder how true these cuts are because Judy still follows these girls and not others. Maybe that’s her way of trying to throw people off though 

6 minutes ago, An Offt said:

The rumor was that MTT was the only show on CMT's fall schedule so they were throwing everything into it.  It is/was set to air.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I wonder how true these cuts are because Judy still follows these girls and not others. Maybe that’s her way of trying to throw people off though 

Or maybe Judy has retired and just doesn't give a shit anymore?

1 minute ago, An Offt said:

Sorry about that formatting.  Not good with my phone, obvi.

It's all good 🙂

I've seen worse

• LOL 1

fingers crossed that viewership and ratings bomb this year. 

sidenote, i better not wake up in the morning and see something stupid coming from the 3 Stooges, any alum, or any additional people drinking the DCC Kool-Aid. That's just my two cents before I start my nightly binging of RHOP. See y'all in the morning!

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Or maybe Judy has retired and just doesn't give a shit anymore?

If they blew up the team for ratings, I can't see Judy being okay with it.  She's always been the 'tell' on MTT.  She keeps her mouth zipped for the paycheck, but it's always pretty obvious when she thinks the girls are getting the shaft.  When these cuts happen on camera, I'm going to be looking right at her face.

• Love 7

If the cuts from Facebook are correct then we have a full rookie roster:

2000798979_ScreenShot2020-08-20at10_49_19PM.thumb.png.793469fb258b9ca751c040740b725109.png

At the very least 5 of the rookies are WOC upping team diversity by about 100%, although I'd rather have Brennan and Hannah over a few of these ladies... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

If you were TPTB would you 

A) announce the team today, like now, hoping it will take some of the attention of the backlash of the vet cuts and give people another talking point, discussing the candidates that didnt make it 

or 

B) not bother to post anything on insta / facebook / twitter for months,  knowing that each post you make for the foreseeable future will just be filled with 'omg why did you cut insertnamehere' comments?

I think I would go A. I genuinely couldnt tell you any of the TCC names so it might be good to get to know some of the newbies. The one downfall of such a condensed training camp is we havent had that time to really follow the TCC like we have with the never ending camps of yesteryear. I wonder if the rookie twitter handles are up?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

If you were TPTB would you 

A) announce the team today, like now, hoping it will take some of the attention of the backlash of the vet cuts and give people another talking point, discussing the candidates that didnt make it 

or 

B) not bother to post anything on insta / facebook / twitter for months,  knowing that each post you make for the foreseeable future will just be filled with 'omg why did you cut insertnamehere' comments?

I think I would go A. I genuinely couldnt tell you any of the TCC names so it might be good to get to know some of the newbies. The one downfall of such a condensed training camp is we havent had that time to really follow the TCC like we have with the never ending camps of yesteryear. I wonder if the rookie twitter handles are up?

They won’t be up until the show airs the announcement episode 

If Texas is a state of at-will employment, I don’t know if Hannah has a leg to stand on from a legal perspective. The organization can manufacture a million reasons why she was let go. The whole Covid thing is tricky. I don’t know if they can prove any law or mandate was broken. 

ETA: if they leased space and created “the bubble” does it no longer count as a public space? Also I’m confident the girls had to sign extensive waivers i.e., audition at your own risk.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

If Texas is a state of at-will employment, I don’t know if Hannah has a leg to stand on from a legal perspective. The organization can manufacture a million reasons why she was let go. The whole Covid thing is tricky. I don’t know if they can prove any law or mandate was broken. 

ETA: if they leased space and created “the bubble” does it no longer count as a public space? Also I’m confident the girls had to sign extensive waivers i.e., audition at your own risk.

In general, yes, Texas has at-will employment.

I think the simple nature of the cheerleading contract -- they can be cut at any time, for any reason -- will make wrongful termination a difficult argument. There has been more attention toward consequences for asking for protection lately (I thiiiiiiink the article I read recently was the New York Times, but it could have been WaPo), so even if she can't successfully manage a lawsuit, there is potential for her story to be heard and for action to be made within the organization (if it should decide that any publicity it receives is too negative to bear -- I find Jerry Jones to be a bit too cavalier about a lot of things, and I'm sure I'm not alone).

ETA: the biggest question here (in my admittedly uneducated opinion) is if someone suffering from COVID-19, someone openly asking for better protection, or someone making an internal complaint is considered in protected classes. Wrongful termination in at-will employment areas, if I understand correctly, largely protects people from being fired only if they are being fired because they fall under a protected class. Even if COVID-19 illness is protected, it would likely be easy for the organization to give another reason for termination -- i.e. candidate was late, candidate was disinterested, candidate was out of shape, candidate was outperformed, so on, blah blah blah. In Hannah's case, she has every right to file internal complaints, and she was right to do so if she felt unsafe, but it might be hard for her to prove that she was terminated for that reason. That being said, though, as Smplsimon mentioned a few pages ago, she may be able to at least get a settlement if she can get good enough information and lawyers.

Edited by realityjunkie771
More to say
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

DCC instagram account starting to get a ton of negative comments about cutting Hannah and Brennan due to Covid ,

I REALLY hope that a national news organization picks up this story and shines a light on this train wreck of an organization!

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I mean hell I'm wondering if VK contracted the virus and Brennan took the fall because she was her boot buddy. 

Nah.  They were boot buddies last year.  Not this time around.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

“At will” employment generally means you can be terminated for really any reason your employer wants ... EXCEPT AN ILLEGAL REASON.  Under federal law, things like race, gender, sexual orientation, and retaliation for exercising a legal right are illegal grounds to terminate someone.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

To anyone interested, here's an article I found that outlines the basics of employment and wrongful termination in Texas: https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/wrongful-termination-in-texas.html#:~:text=In Texas%2C a public employee,to perform an illegal act.&text=Texas does not recognize a,is fired for that reason.

(For full transparency, I live in South Carolina, which is a right-to-work state and similarly has at-will employment. Most of my understanding of at-will employment comes from my own knowledge of my state's rules rather than a real understanding of Texas law, outside of what I have read. I'm sure if Hannah is interested in pursuing legal action, then she either is or will be in contact with an attorney who can explain to her if she has a viable case.)

Edited by realityjunkie771
i should finish my thoughts before hitting send but i never do lol
  • Love 4