Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Belly of the Beast/S02.E06: Memento Mori

After a Lying-In Hospital employee is murdered, the team are now hot on the heels of the killer; Sara enlists the help of Joanna to tail their prime suspect; the gang find that not even Sara's office is out of the killer's reach.

Sara and Moore search for new information about their suspect; Kreizler faces ruin after a tragic incident at the Institute; Sara and the team must work with their adversary, former Commissioner Thomas Byrnes, to rescue another missing child.

Airdate 08.02.2020

43 minutes ago, Roxie said:

Is anyone besides me really bothered by Dakota Fanning's posture?  Is it the clothing/hat styles that make her posture so awful?

Might be deliberate on her part, for the character.

Showing Sarah's discomfort, with the restriction of a corset and all that comes with it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This season is nearly over, hate to see it end.

Sarah really went back on  her Square, after it finally went down with her and John..  Am I the only one, who  thought it might be a dream at first?

One word from her, he'll drop Vi  like a bad habit.

Daniel has great chemistry with Lara Pulver, just like he did with Q"orianka Kilcher last season.

• Love 13

There's a lot to unpack here, I'm not sure where to begin. I'll start with thanking the director for the side butt shot of Luke Evans. 😆 I think it was to make up for him being fully clothed in his two sex scenes from last season. lol I wish all the previews hadn't spoiled that scene, but we probably could have seen it coming anyway. It was sweet and gentle, and awkward afterwards. I call BS on Sara using the argument of John being engaged as to why they can't just be together. Maybe she should have thought of that before sleeping with him. I still can't tell if she's truly in love with him, and I'd hate to see his heart broken. I see no reason why they couldn't marry, and for Sara to keep being her independent self. I really hope John doesn't end up with Violet because he'll feel obligated and he's too good of a man to spurn her.

Still not sure what is going on with Libby. She seems to get off on breastfeeding, so I can't tell if it's about the sensation, or the babies, or both. Not sure what her father has anything to do with it either. At this point, I'm kind of more interested in the subplots.

Very relieved that the boy who was into magic didn't die. I saw him hanging himself coming from a mile away. Hopefully Laszlo gets his institute back. I'm not really into the lady alienist. I want to like her, but something rubs me the wrong way about her. Laszlo seems pretty smitten though.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Sarah really went back on  her Square, after it finally went down with her and John..  Am I the only one, who  thought it might be a dream at first?

I thought it was a dream at first as well. That Sara was just imagining "what could be" while looking at John. Well played, show. I honestly was a little relieved when I thought it was a dream. I'm one of the few who doesn't really ship Sara and John. Their relationship has just always felt so one-sided and I think John deserves more.

• Love 6

Yeah, for a second, I was wondering if the sex scene between Sara and John was a dream/fantasy, but nope, it totally happened!  I'm sure that's going to make thing complicated!  No matter what, I really think John needs to end things with Violet, because they really don't seem like a good fit, and John is probably always going to have Sara on his mind no matter what.  That said, even after being together, I still wonder if Sara really seems an actual future with him.  It's hard to get a read on her, when it comes to that.  I do think she clearly cares for John and finds him attractive and so forth, but I just don't think her feelings for him are as strong as his are for her.

Anyway, at least the gang save the baby this time, but Libby ends up escaping and not only decides to give it another try, but she decides to go all out and kidnap a Vanderbilt baby!  Damn, she might be an unhinged psycho, but she certainly doesn't lack ambition!  But I'm pleasantly surprised that Cornelius Vanderbilt actually seems somewhat reasonable, and trusts Sara enough to hire her.  And; just as awesome; doesn't put up with Hearst and Byrnes' shit!  James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly from Game of Thrones) was a great fit for the role.

Laszlo and Karen are certainly getting cozy.  Of course, for those two, their versions of "dates" involve talking about cases involving dead babies and debating the merits of breastfeeding fetishes.  Hey, whatever works for them!  Daniel Bruhl and Lara Pulver have good chemistry with one another.

Glad Laszlo's patient didn't die, but of course Dr. Markoe would use this as a way to get him suspended.  Screw you, Roose!

Lucius kept his cool in front of everyone, but one could easily tell he wanted to do a touchdown dance when Bitsy suggested they go for a walk together sometime!

I'm worried for Cyrus and Joanna.

I didn't realize this season was going to only be eight episodes, so it looks like the finale will be here next week!  

Spoiler

And, naturally, it will involve Libby holding John at knifepoint in front of Sara, because John is always the one getting in trouble!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Every time Luke Evans says "Maurice", I expect a big song & dance number...

14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly from Game of Thrones) was a great fit for the role.

Did not recognize him without his charring....

Vanderbilt: Miss Howard, please recover my grandson, Dickon

Sara: [spit take] Who? What??? Huh?

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I just can't stand Byrns and his Daniel Day Lewis wannabe character. I got giddy when Sara told him he was to follow HER orders. I love that Vanderbilt was all "You didn't find the secret room" to him.

I thought the sex scene was a dream at first too. And Sara is full of BS to use Violet as an excuse when last week we found out that John did in fact ask Sara to marry him. She has no one but her self to blame. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Yeah, for a second, I was wondering if the sex scene between Sara and John was a dream/fantasy, but nope, it totally happened!  I'm sure that's going to make thing complicated!  No matter what, I really think John needs to end things with Violet, because they really don't seem like a good fit, and John is probably always going to have Sara on his mind no matter what.  That said, even after being together, I still wonder if Sara really seems an actual future with him.  It's hard to get a read on her, when it comes to that.  I do think she clearly cares for John and finds him attractive and so forth, but I just don't think her feelings for him are as strong as his are for her.

I thought it might be a dream too until she started walking towards John and then I realized it was just a stylistic choice.

It is really hard to get a read on Sara when it comes to John.  Is she interested? Is she not?  Or is she just extraordinarily shut down to the possibility because either she doesn't trust him or she doesn't trust marriage? 

I will say that the look in her eyes and on her face before she approached him was the most unguarded we've seen her around him and in that moment, at least, I can believe he was the only thing in the world to her.  So either it was a fleeting moment or her resistance is strong.  I hope we get answers in the next episode.

I think it'll be tough for John to get out of his marriage to Violet, especially after last week where it looked like he slept with her? 

Libby makes for a good villain but there would have to be something more to the story, right?

• Love 1

Surprised that "Fat Jack" was able to follow all of the big thesaurus words Lazlo was throwing around. I expected more repetition getting progressively dumbed down,,,

• Love 3

I don't really understand what's going on with Libby and the poison she is taking. Why is she taking it? Is it so she will keep lactating? Did we establish she had a baby and lost it recently? When Sara and John recovered the baby my first thought was that it should have been rushed to the hospital because it's a miracle it's still alive. It sure can't be in great shape anyway. Then again, considering the hospitals around there, they'd probably just bleed it or something.

I wish they would do more with Lucius and Marcus. Lucius has a mild flirtation going with Bitsy but nothing has really come of that, and they have completely dropped Marcus's storyline from last season.

Kreizler and Stratton together feels a little too convenient and Sara and John feel a little too soap opera IMO.

James Faulkner (Randyll Tarly from Game of Thrones) was a great fit for the role.

Does he ever play nice people?

I didn't realize this season was going to only be eight episodes, so it looks like the finale will be here next week!  

You have to wonder why TNT decided to burn through this series in four weeks. Especially with the dearth of new content out there right now. Do they not have much confidence in the show? Or is it an attempt for them to dominate Sunday night ratings if only for a month?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Now John clearly feels guilty about leaving Vi after what she said to him about finally belonging somewhere. I bet she ends up being the one to break it off. Byrnes will probably see something happen between Moore and Sara and tell Hearst, who will tell Vi. She'll break it off and be the jilted lover.

32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't really understand what's going on with Libby and the poison she is taking. Why is she taking it? Is it so she will keep lactating? Did we establish she had a baby and lost it recently? When Sara and John recovered the baby my first thought was that it should have been rushed to the hospital because it's a miracle it's still alive. It sure can't be in great shape anyway.

I don't understand either. I think she's using it for head pain management or is addicted to it. Maybe she takes too much, and knows she needs to dilute it before feeding the babies, hence the charcoal. I think Goo Goo's fetish is the only thing she needs to keep her lactating. 🤢 I was also surprised that they didn't take the baby to the hospital right away, but I'm guessing the Isaacson's examined it. And hopefully a doctor made a house call later.

I realized that Libby really isn't very smart, stealing babies from such affluent families who have the means to track her down. I also think it's odd that she was working when she has a boyfriend like Goo Goo who seems to have money. It seemed like a crappy job, but she must have wanted to be around the babies.

• Love 1

I really thought that the sex scene between John and Sara was Sara having a dream, but nope it actually happened! I really cant get a read on how Sara really feels about John. She obviously cares about him a lot and is attracted to him, but she either isn't really sure she wants to commit to him, or just dislikes the idea of marriage in general, like if she gets married it will be harder to do her independent career gal thing, even if she knows that John would support her in whatever she wants. It seems pretty clear that John would leave Vi in an instant if Sara wanted to get with him, but John would probably feel pretty bad about it. I haven't been a big fan of Vi (and continue to think that she and John are a bad match) but I did feel rather sorry for her when she was talking about people whispering about her and feeling like she never really belonged anywhere. 

Well I give Libby this, she is certainly go big or go home when it comes to her kidnappings. She just stole the child of an ambassador, and now she took an actual freaking Vanderbilt! The actress playing Libby is great, she just has the darkest, deadest eyes. I dont know quite what the dynamic between her and her mob boyfriend is, but its certainly...something. Libby sure does wear the pants in that relationship! 

I love that Hearst's smear campaign against Sara has apparently led to her getting even more cases, and even getting the attention of Cornelius Vanderbilt himself. Hearst should know that all publicity is good publicity and that trying to squash something can easily just give it even more power. This is why everyone will end up associating you with Citizen Kane one day no matter how hard you try and fight it! Vanderbilt seems like a pretty reasonable type, and he sure did tell Hearst and Byrnes to shut it when he hired Sara, so that certainly will endear me to a person. "Did you find the secret room?" 

Lucius got invited invited to join Bitsy for a walk! In 1890 that was like second base, way to go Lucius! 

Really glad that they managed to save the baby, and that the magician kid Laszlo has been bonding with survived, even if his accident was horrifying. I was sure the poor kid would die. But of course Dr. Roose has to use this to try and discredit Laszlo like the jerk he is. 

Laszlo and the professor seem to be a good possible match, they certainly seem to be on the same page and to very compatible. They both find having dinner and chatting about infanticide to be a good way to spend the evening, I think its fate. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Well I give Libby this, she is certainly go big or go home when it comes to her kidnappings. She just stole the child of an ambassador, and now she took an actual freaking Vanderbilt! The actress playing Libby is great, she just has the darkest, deadest eyes. I dont know quite what the dynamic between her and her mob boyfriend is, but its certainly...something. Libby sure does wear the pants in that relationship! 

She reminds me of Nicole Kidman in certain scenes. She is VERY good. How does Goo Goo put up with her? He is supposed to be this awful person, yet he takes the abuse from her and is very protective of her as well. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She reminds me of Nicole Kidman in certain scenes. She is VERY good. How does Goo Goo put up with her? He is supposed to be this awful person, yet he takes the abuse from her and is very protective of her as well. 

I was wondering the same thing. He doesn't seem the type to feel guilty if he were responsible for the death of HER baby. I suppose childhood/teenage relationship that just continued on. It seems unlikely we'll get the backstory for them given that next week is the end, but it did seem odd that this very tough man, who likely could have had any woman he wanted in the underworld chose to continue with her. I also kind of wondered if she wasn't trying to poison him with the poisoned breast milk but it doesn't seem so. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I was wondering the same thing. He doesn't seem the type to feel guilty if he were responsible for the death of HER baby. I suppose childhood/teenage relationship that just continued on. It seems unlikely we'll get the backstory for them given that next week is the end, but it did seem odd that this very tough man, who likely could have had any woman he wanted in the underworld chose to continue with her. I also kind of wondered if she wasn't trying to poison him with the poisoned breast milk but it doesn't seem so. 

That is kind of the vibe I got as neither are that old, especially Libby. I don't think she is trying to poison him though. 

• Love 1

I also thought the sex scene was dream not sure how I feel about it being real. John is very much in love with Sarah, not sure how she feels. It does come off as one sided but, we'll see.

I actually felt bad for and even started liking Violet. I wondered if she was doing a bit of acting/putting on a front with her flighty behavior, constantly trying to be part of the "in crowd". The John/Violet and Heart/Violet scenes. They certainly gave me the impression of a much deeper woman then the Miss Vapid we've met before.

I don't know if John belongs with Violet or could ever be truly happy with her but, I do want him to find happiness. He's the softy/romantic in the group.

I can't remember from last season but, did Laszlo's arm get fixed? I can't tell if the arm works probably now or if the actor has forgotten about it? 

I was very worried about Paulie, I thought he would die. I also worried about Cyrus in this episode. Stopped doing that show!

• Love 2

I said to myself, this better not be a dream, re: the sex. I think Sara does love John, and sometimes one side can love “more” as it were— as I think he does. It would be tough to break his engagement now and he may end up in trouble with Sara to boot, you know. 

If Violet, whose position as a whispered about illegitimate child longing for respectability I can empathize with, marries a man she knows deeply loves another woman, I do not empathize with that... She does it knowing she will live the life of her father’s wife and said so herself. 

• Love 2

She reminds me of Nicole Kidman in certain scenes. 

Now that you mention it . . .

And it was bugging me where I'd seen the actress playing Stratton before. I looked her up but still couldn't place her. I think she just reminds me of Jodie Foster.

imdb.com doesn't even have the 2nd season episodes up past the first. 

I've seen a few people reference John proposing to Sara as if he did again off screen and that she has turned him down twice. Does everyone think that that's what happened, or that he was referencing the time he proposed seemingly impulsively and Sara assumed he was joking?

Edited by EyewatchTV211
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I really thought that the sex scene between John and Sara was Sara having a dream, but nope it actually happened! I really cant get a read on how Sara really feels about John. She obviously cares about him a lot and is attracted to him, but she either isn't really sure she wants to commit to him, or just dislikes the idea of marriage in general, like if she gets married it will be harder to do her independent career gal thing, even if she knows that John would support her in whatever she wants. It seems pretty clear that John would leave Vi in an instant if Sara wanted to get with him, but John would probably feel pretty bad about it. I haven't been a big fan of Vi (and continue to think that she and John are a bad match) but I did feel rather sorry for her when she was talking about people whispering about her and feeling like she never really belonged anywhere. 

I think she loves John. She spent time in a sanitarium after her father's death. Maybe there is more to that? She comes across more like something is holding her back from jumping off the deep end. 

19 minutes ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

I've seen a few people reference John proposing to Sara as if he did again off screen and that she has turned him down twice. Does everyone think that that's what happened, or that he was referencing the time he proposed seemingly impulsively and Sara assumed he was joking?

He told her at the end of s1, that he would wait for her to realize he was serious. My guess, after his grandmother passed he proposed in ernest and she turned him down again. After that, as he said, he doesn't want to be alone. He wants a family, and be with someone who loves him. There is only so many times a person can be rejected. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I actually felt bad for and even started liking Violet. I wondered if she was doing a bit of acting/putting on a front with her flighty behavior, constantly trying to be part of the "in crowd". The John/Violet and Heart/Violet scenes. They certainly gave me the impression of a much deeper woman then the Miss Vapid we've met before.

I was very worried about Paulie, I thought he would die. I also worried about Cyrus in this episode. Stopped doing that show!

I think that was important otherwise she is just a stereotypical rich girl. Having her be illegitimate adds some dimension along with her feelings about it. 

I am still worried about Cyrus! 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Is John Schuyler Moore related to the sisters from Hamilton? Maybe that was answered in S1 thread but I never watched then so have not read old posts. 

I was not around then either, but given the presence of real-life figures like Cornelius and co., I take it as a given that he is. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Roxie said:

Is anyone besides me really bothered by Dakota Fanning's posture?  Is it the clothing/hat styles that make her posture so awful?

It actually seems to get worse and worse each episode. I've worn plenty of corsets, and they've always made me throw my shoulders back to breathe better rather than hunch over like Quasimodo. Lord.

• Love 3

I can't figure out what on earth attracts John to Sara.  At least Vi has somewhat of a personality, doesn't look like she just smelled something rotten, has better posture, is more open and honest, and seems to love him.  Back then I think a gentleman would find it difficult to break off an engagement without repercussions, especially one with Hearst's daughter.

Goo Goo has issues but his girlfriend is a little high-maintenance, plus she's insane.  Libby kidnaps the Vanderbilt baby, of all people, almost guaranteeing she'll be caught.    But what luck the nanny was distracted at the very moment she passed by!  

Edited by Razzberry
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

You have to wonder why TNT decided to burn through this series in four weeks. Especially with the dearth of new content out there right now. Do they not have much confidence in the show? Or is it an attempt for them to dominate Sunday night ratings if only for a month?

I stumbled on the apparent reason elsewhere.   It sounds like the NBA tournament will start mid-August and TNT carries some of these games.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I stumbled on the apparent reason elsewhere.   It sounds like the NBA tournament will start mid-August and TNT carries some of these games.

Oh that does make sense, especially since there was a delay from May to July. 

Oh I forgot something from the episode. I actually liked Byrnes for a hot minute...when he Threatened Evil Doctor. I guess even Byrnes has limits.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh, you all have offered some sweet and romantic reasons for Sara giving in to her passion for John. But, I've got to be real with my take on that situation.

Sara had just watched Libby and Goo-Goo get it on in public, and it made her nature rise!

Yeah, yeah, she has feelings for john, but I think her sexual arousal was overpowering, and that's why she gave him the come-on.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh that does make sense, especially since there was a delay from May to July. 

And if I remember correctly, the decision to double up for the whole season came close to the beginning of the season...so kind of last minute.  The NBA decision wasn't finalized until the end of June.

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I forgot something from the episode. I actually liked Byrnes for a hot minute...when he Threatened Evil Doctor. I guess even Byrnes has limits.

Same with me! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The Alienist was originally supposed to start in June. My guess would be that covid set post production behind, but they still had to end it at the same time because of the NBA so they doubled up the eps.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, EyewatchTV211 said:

I guess we don't know for sure, but I thought he was referencing what we saw on screen from last season.

1 hour ago, dramachick said:

Yeah, yeah, she has feelings for john, but I think her sexual arousal was overpowering, and that's why she gave him the come-on.

I had the same thought, which was a little icky, since watching a murderess have sex with her asshole boyfriend in an alley is a bit kinky, and I hate the idea that it's what made her seduce John. I was also wondering if Sara has ever even kissed anyone besides John. It's a big jump to go from a couple of chaste kisses to sex, especially back then. Hopefully neither Sara or Violet become pregnant. That'd be a plot twist!

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I guess we don't know for sure, but I thought he was referencing what we saw on screen from last season.

I had the same thought, which was a little icky, since watching a murderess have sex with her asshole boyfriend in an alley is a bit kinky, and I hate the idea that it's what made her seduce John. I was also wondering if Sara has ever even kissed anyone besides John. It's a big jump to go from a couple of chaste kisses to sex, especially back then. Hopefully neither Sara or Violet become pregnant. That'd be a plot twist!

Or they both do! John would be up a creek.

I think it's more likely that Sara almost died by Libby that night, and John was there for her. Sex if often used as a form of life affirmation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Roxie said:

It’s atrocious. I always have the urge to snap “Stand up straight!” 

23 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Might be deliberate on her part, for the character.

Showing Sarah's discomfort, with the restriction of a corset and all that comes with it.

I doubt it. It’s a Dakota Fanning thing. You can see it in most of her pictures. Don’t know whether she just slouches or whether it’s a condition. Maybe she had something like scoliosis as a child. 

Dakota-Fanning.jpg

dakotatwo.jpg

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I was also wondering if Sara has ever even kissed anyone besides John. It's a big jump to go from a couple of chaste kisses to sex, especially back then.

Yeah, what is with that? Both Sara and Violet sleeping with John. I thought they fiercely protected their virginity back then. 😒

Edited by goldilocks
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I'll start with thanking the director for the side butt shot of Luke Evans. 😆

😆He’s a fine specimen of a man!

3 minutes ago, goldilocks said:

Yeah, what is with that? Both Sara and Violet sleeping with John. I thought they fiercely protected their virginity back then. 😒

Because... He’s a fine specimen of a man. 😉

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I'm not really into the lady alienist. I want to like her, but something rubs me the wrong way about her. Laszlo seems pretty smitten though.

Neither am I. Her American accent sounds odd to me too. Her voice isn’t usually that guttural in her natural British accent. It’s like she’s trying to be too tough. I don’t feel the chemistry between them that some have mentioned. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pezgirl7 said:

59 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

I think it's more likely that Sara almost died by Libby that night, and John was there for her. Sex if often used as a form of life affirmation. 

I think there might be a little truth in both.  It's not that I think Sara necessarily got turned on by Libby and Goo Goo (Ga Ga? their sexcapades put a whole new shade on his nickname now) but if she's a virgin, it might have made her curious what would drive people to copulate in an alley.  I don't think she's uninformed about sex but it might have been the first time she witnessed it.

And then there was John who both cares about her and was caring for her. Why let crisp, clean sheets go to waste?

If she's a virgin, which I can believe she is, I could see her being curious and figuring John was as good as anyone else to have that experience with.  Overall, I don't think she was overcome with uncontrollable passion as the actual act, as filmed, was quite deliberate and tender.

22 minutes ago, goldilocks said:

I don't think Sara gives a hoot about standards.  But I do think Violet was trying to "trap" John.  An honorable man would marry her after taking her virginity even if she isn't pregnant. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, paigow said:

Every time Luke Evans says "Maurice", I expect a big song & dance number...

Did not recognize him without his charring....

Vanderbilt: Miss Howard, please recover my grandson, Dickon

Sara: [spit take] Who? What??? Huh?

I thought that was Randyll Tarly aka Lord Sinderby aka Pope Sixtus IV 

He was also in Underworld: Blood Wars, along with Charles Dance

and Tobias Menzies. Oh and Lara Pulver, who was in DaVinci Demons

with Faulkner.

2 hours ago, jenn31 said:

Dakota-Fanning.jpg

dakotatwo.jpg

This show does such a good job of disguising what a babe Dakota Fanning is. She’s so pretty IRL but looks like such a dour moonface on the show. 

😆He’s a fine specimen of a man!

Because... He’s a fine specimen of a man. 😉

Oh my garsh the last shot of the love scene, him lying his head down, shot perpendicularly...oh mylanta! 

I don’t feel the chemistry between them that some have mentioned. 

Same. The chemistry among the main three is so crackling that I think it casts an even starker contrast how little chemistry these two have. Bruhl is an amazing actor—seriously I think he’s a once-a-generation talent—and he’s trying so hard here that I’m buying it on that alone, but they come off as matron/student to me. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, paigow said:

Is John Schuyler Moore related to the sisters from Hamilton? Maybe that was answered in S1 thread but I never watched then so have not read old posts.

I wondered that, too, but apparently not, since he's fictional. I think they were just trying to link him to a prominent NYC family, although several generations past. Based on a real person, though:

https://www.bustle.com/p/was-john-moore-from-the-alienist-a-real-person-luke-evans-reluctant-investigator-is-part-of-a-recognizable-world-7973278

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Good catch!  Yes, funerals can also get people horny, or so I've heard.

• Love 1
On 8/2/2020 at 11:07 PM, Roxie said:

I kept trying to figure out the problem.  She definitely looks bent over.  Add in the style of her dresses, plus the hat, she just looks weird.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I kept trying to figure out the problem.  She definitely looks bent over.  Add in the style of her dresses, plus the hat, she just looks weird.

I always took at as the character not being comfortable in her own skin. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2