Type keyword(s) to search

Only Murders in the Building Media

• Start Topic

Scott Bakula? YES ❤️❤️❤️

Chevy Chase? NOPE

‘Only Murders In The Building’ EP Talks Season 3, Mystery Behind New Murder & Chevy Chase

DEADLINE: I’m sorry to get right to it, but how dare you kill Sazz?

JOHN HOFFMAN: There’s so much going on in that finale and I know people are going to react like that. That is a big swing and there’s more to come.

DEADLINE: Did the killer or killers know they were killing Sazz or did they confuse her for Charles-Haden?

HOFFMAN: Well, that’s the question of the day. That’s what excited me in many ways because it brought up many questions, that we could explore in a new season. It feels like what we hope to do always which is sort of shift the narrative in a way that feels particularly potent and personal—and it felt a bit fresh. That’s a very dangerous question to ask.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

While a reunion of the Three Amigos would be cool, I don't think I want to see Chevy Chase in the show. 

Chevy makes sense to me, with the Steve Martin/Martin Short connection.  Even if he turns out not that great, he can't be as bad as Cara Delevingne or Amy Schumer.

• Like 4

Only Murders in the Building Season 1 will be broadcast on ABC. Here is the schedule:

Tuesday, Jan. 2, 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Episodes 1-3)

Tuesday, Jan. 9, 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Episodes 4-6)

Tuesday, Jan. 16, 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Episodes 7-9)

Tuesday, Jan. 23, 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Episode 10)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

The thing about Chevy Chase is what he was like behind the scenes, and I don't think he was a pleasant person.   Martin and Short (and this show) don't have to work with anyone they won't get along with. 

I'm so waiting for Scott Bakula to move into the penthouse in the Arconia!

Edited by Quilt Fairy

So, 

The 2023 Winter Primetimer Awards voting continues with second round voting starting today thru Dec 20th. 

including:

Oy. Which one to vote for?

More OMITB toss-ups in:

And 1 OMITB voting opportunities in:

• Like 1

Congrats to Da'Vine Joy Randolph on her Golden Globe win! She is on her way to an Oscar and I believe filming of The Holdovers is why she was largely missing from the third season of OMITB. Hopefully she will be back in full force for season four.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I know it was just to fill screen time after the strikes, but is there any chance ABC will sir seasons 2 and 3 depending on how much ratings the broadcast of season 1 got? I don’t have Hulu and this was the only way I could finally watch it. I want more, dammit!!!!

6 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I know it was just to fill screen time after the strikes, but is there any chance ABC will sir seasons 2 and 3 depending on how much ratings the broadcast of season 1 got? I don’t have Hulu and this was the only way I could finally watch it. I want more, dammit!!!!

Maybe over the summer? 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I have Hulu and didn't rewatch until they aired on ABC. 
It was fun catching clues the second time around, knowing what was coming.

So maybe get a 1 week or so Hulu trial and binge 'em, and then rewatch if/when they're aired on ABC later?

I've been watching season one on ABC and was looking forward to the Finale.  ABC decided to break in multiple times to report results from the New Hampshire primary race.  Where can I watch it in full.  Please be kind to an old lady who is not technically savvy. ;)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

I've been watching season one on ABC and was looking forward to the Finale.  ABC decided to break in multiple times to report results from the New Hampshire primary race.  Where can I watch it in full.  Please be kind to an old lady who is not technically savvy. ;)

As a retired old lady who worked in tech:

Find a friend or relative who has a Hulu subscription and tell them you want to watch the last episode of season 1 of Only Murders In The Building.

• Like 2
On 1/24/2024 at 1:29 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I don't have the link, but in the last week or so I read an interview with an ABC exec (I think, could have been a Disney exec) who said they were happy with the viewing numbers for the broadcast airings as well as the number of people who later went to Hulu to watch the rest of the seasons.  So, yes. 

• Useful 2
18 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

As a native NY-er this really pisses me off.  No TV exec would ever say they were afraid that a show would become "too insular" if it continued to be set in LA or somewhere in CA, so give me a break.  This is obviously a self-serving decision and frankly a little insulting.

I just hate it when they mess with success and try to be "different" like there's something wrong with the basic premise and location of a show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Additionally, the Arkadia is essentially a character on the show. So it's not like the show just happens to be in New York. It's a fundamental part. That's disappointing. 

Exactly.  It's even in the title.  Only murders in the BUILDING, which happens to be in NY, not in LA, or even in a theater in NY.  It seems like the building started being featured less last season.

• Like 1

I have now seen additional articles where they say it will be a brief  trip to LA before they circle back to to NYC.  So, maybe 2-3 episodes at most?  Just guessing.  Remember, they're investigating Sazz's murder, and that happened at the Arconia. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I have now seen additional articles where they say it will be a brief  trip to LA before they circle back to to NYC.  So, maybe 2-3 episodes at most?  Just guessing.  Remember, they're investigating Sazz's murder, and that happened at the Arconia. 

That may be true, I saw that too, but other articles and interviews with show execs.  made it sound like it was going be for half the season or something like that!

I have no problem with them going out to LA for a brief trip.  It was done on "Sex and the City" and that never bothered me at all, in fact I thought it was fun.  

4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I have no problem with them going out to LA for a brief trip.  It was done on "Sex and the City" and that never bothered me at all, in fact I thought it was fun.  

A lot of shows have done that, and it's been fun. Bones, Castle, etc.

(edited)

Only Murders In the Building won 2 People's Choice Awards...

Taylor Swift, Barbie and Grey's Anatomy Score at 2024 People's Choice Awards: See the Full List of Winners
By Benjamin VanHoose  Updated on February 18, 2024 10:25PM EST
https://people.com/peoples-choice-awards-2024-winners-list-8567529 

The Comedy Show of the Year

Abbott Elementary
And Just Like That...
Never Have I Ever
Only Murders in the Building -
WINNER
Saturday Night Live
Ted Lasso
The Bear
Young Sheldon

The Female TV Star of the Year

Ali Wong, Beef
Hannah Waddingham, Ted Lasso
Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show
Mariska Hargitay, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Quinta Brunson, Abbott Elementary
Reese Witherspoon, The Morning Show
Rosario Dawson, Ahsoka
Selena Gomez, Only Murders in the Building - WINNER

Edited by tv echo
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Only Murders in the Building got a nomination for the WGA Award for Comedy Series..

WGA Awards: ‘Air,’ ‘Barbie,’ ‘Oppenheimer,’ ‘May December’ Among Film Screenplay Nominees
BY HILARY LEWIS   FEBRUARY 21, 2024
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/2024-writers-guild-awards-nominations-nominees-list-1235831599/ 

The 2024 Writers Guild Awards nominations have been revealed.
In an unusual move this year, the WGA Awards will take place after the Oscars, with the WGA winners awarded on April 14, more than a month after the March 10 Academy Awards.

That's a nice welcome for Selena!

Unfortunately, knowing that the season or part of it won't take place in NY has pretty much killed my interest.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, akiss said:

I love him!

Best thing about the Eternals, was a highlight in Obi-Wan Kenobi, and is a scene stealer in everything.  This is fantastic.