Type keyword(s) to search

Only Murders in the Building Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah, I saw the tweet in question and that she deactivated her account. We're all entitled to our opinions, but as a reviewer calling someone an "untalented swine" even if it is on your personal account certainly seems to indicate that you may not be objective. No idea if she was a critic at the time so maybe she just forgot about it, but I feel like Selena fans probably had that tweet bookmarked.

Also, she is a critic and it is her job to criticize things. So maybe she truly didn't like it. There are tons of shows and movies that people rave about that I can't get into.

That aside, most reviews seemed positive. I also imagine it's hard to write a review when you haven't seen the last two episodes. It's like walking out right before the third act of a play or movie and having to say what you thought.

I'm still looking forward to searching for clues and laughing at/with the trio. Bring on the 28th!

Edited by grandmabegum
Phrasing
  • Love 2

A white critic choosing to compare a Latina actor unfavorably to an animal is also... not great, to put it lightly. I'm not usually one for scouring people's past tweets for ammunition (unless they've done something horrible in the present and you're looking for a pattern of behavior), but she should have known better than to say something like that in the first place, let alone leave it up.

I am, and have been, looking forward to season two. I feel that critics and audiences are often harder on second seasons than those seasons often deserve, so I'm not paying much attention to the critics, although it's nice to see the reviews are overall positive.

Edit: The Collider review is gone now, and Only Murders is back to 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. 

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

There will be an aftershow show called One Killer Question, hosted by Ali Stroker.

Could be good, could be cringey. 

One of the Super Fans, “The Arconiacs” is hosting the show. I wonder what happened to the other 3?

30 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

One of the Super Fans, “The Arconiacs” is hosting the show. I wonder what happened to the other 3?

I think the others are there, as guests.  I think I saw Daniel Oreskes, who was one of the Arconiacs. I also spotted James Caverly (Theo) and Julian Chi (Tim Kono). As well as many others.

I keep refreshing Hulu hoping the episodes will start to play, but no dice so far. If they drop at midnight, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch since I have to get up early for work. 

• Sad 1

Not sure where to ask this.  I've searched and searched for the "Easter egg" in the opening to episode 3 of season 2 and cannot see it. One reviewer said it was a bottle of champagne and a cork between Charles' and Oliver's windows. Could someone post a screenshot if they have seen it?  Thanks very much!!!

1 hour ago, LADreamr said:

17 Emmy nominations this morning for Only Murders, but Selena Gomez left out. :(

I feel really horrible for her, esp. since Steve and Martin were both nominated. But it's hard to be the straight one against their antics; the "showier" actors get the noms and the straight guy/gal is left out. 

• Love 5

Nathan Lane was the guest on the "Not My Job" segment of radio show "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" this week.  The roughly ten minute segment is at 18:10.  I didn't realize he got an Emmy nomination for guest actor for "Only Murders..."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

😢😢😢

Steve Martin on His Late Career Surge and Contemplating Retirement: “This Is, Weirdly, It”

“When this television show is done, I’m not going to seek others. I’m not going to seek other movies. I don’t want to do cameos. This is, weirdly, it.”

Cheer up, guys!
Near the end:

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Only Murders Killer Tells All! Star and EP Talk Twisty Season 2 Finale

TVLINE | We saw quite a bit of Bunny’s killer, either masked or from behind, before the big reveal — first when she approached Bunny’s front door, then inside the Arcatacombs, then in diner surveillance footage. Did you shoot any of that, or did you have a stand-in?

VERSON | It was me inside the Arcatacombs. Originally I was supposed to do all of those [scenes], but [that changed] after we did Episode 4. I remember I put on the suit and the mask, but you could still make out the shape of my legs. It was clearly a specific body type, so they had me go back up and put on big Carhartt pants. At one point, the director was like, “Umm, can you hunch just so we don’t see your breasts?” [Laughs] It was just a very physical scene — don’t show my legs, walk a different way, hold my weight differently, hunch my shoulders — so after that, they said we need to have [a stand-in]. Also, being on location, passersby wouldn’t go, “Oh, that’s the actor who plays Poppy sitting with Bunny!”

• Useful 1

Only Murders' Unsolved Mysteries: EP Teases Who Poisoned Winnie, Identity of the 6th Avenue Slasher and More

Series co-creator John Hoffman attempts to answer some of those lingering questions…

Who poisoned Winnie?

“We like our loose ends,” the EP says with a wink. “I don’t mind carrying loose ends from Season 1 to Season 2, from Season 2 to Season 3.” But rest assured, “there is a long game plan involving some of these clues.”

A long game huh! 🙄

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, hiisa said:

Y'all I don't know where to ask this question so I'm sorry if I shouldn't ask here. I am not an Amy Schumer fan at ALL. Is it possible to watch season 2 and skip her scenes? Thanks!

Yes. She’s barely in it. 

Cannot wait! 😘

Jesse Williams To Join Season 3 Of ‘Only Murders In The Building’

Former Grey’s Anatomy star Jesse Williams is joining the cast for Season 3 of Hulu’s Only Murders in the Building in the recurring role. He will play documentarian with a particular interest in the case that Selena Gomez’s Mabel Mora, Steve Martin’s Charles Haden-Savage and Martin Short’s Oliver Putnam are working on.

1B8427FB-8282-46C4-8D11-DA867B3FC2E3.webp

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought One Killer Question was fine. Short, which is good. And not too cringe. I did skip the episodes (after the first one) where none of the guests were actors on the show. I appreciate the little hangouts with the actors even if there are no big revelations but I don't need the opinions of randoms. I prefer to read this board ;)

If I miss the show enough in the coming months I might listen to their podcast. Doubtful though unless I like the hosts. I didn't get through more than a few episodes of The Good Place podcast and completely fell off when I didn't like the finale. 

• Like 2