Type keyword(s) to search

Only Murders in the Building Media

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Maybe you should start a podcast…?

Turkey's already in the oven to get some answers! I mean, who is "we." Tie-dye guy?!

I just like to think that in his spare time he has a metal detector in CP and is looking for clues. That man is adorable.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Love 1

I've seen Hacks and Starstruck and loved them both.  (As well as this show, of course.)  I've seen a few episodes of Reservation Dogs as well, also on Hulu, and thought it was pretty good but I'm not huge fan of shows that revolve around teens so I'm not binging it like I did the others. I haven't seen We Are Lady Parts, although I have heard good things about it.

So only one episode left this season?  Seems like a lot to wrap up 

Basically just one big reveal this episode at the end

But a Herman's head shout-out!!!  I always loved that show, very underrated. William Ragsdale, Jane sibbet, Hank azaria, yeardley smith, great cast.   Funny, original. 

A pre friends Jennifer Anniston, Megan mullaly, Steven hunter aka banya from Seinfeld.  Marcia cross.  So many later famous people.   

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 4

Steve Martin and Martin Short are going to be on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon in the next hour. 
Does this constitute “life imitating art”?

ETA: As with most Fallon interviews, I found it rather cringe-worthy. 
But both had nothing but positive things to say about working with Selena. 
I sensed that they appreciated her nearly 20 years of experience in the business, despite being only 29 -- that she was a peer actor.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

Thanks for posting this. It’s going to take me a while to read all the linked articles within this article for the series, but I do want to (even if Salon’s copy editing is lacking). 

Now that the season is over, I can really appreciate the information about the title sequences and other series art created by Lisa Bolan, contained in the article about the Easter eggs: https://www.salon.com/2021/10/18/only-in-the-building-credits-easter-eggs-lisa-bolan/

8E096AD2-B891-4737-8CD8-82B305695D45.thumb.jpeg.c37e95b30bf91ba28ed68fcd22524863.jpeg

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, KitKat said:

Would love to see Steve Martin and Dick Van Dyke on this show!!!

95-year-old Dick Van Dyke would be the right age to be Steve Martin's dad, but I doubt DvD can do physical comedy anymore.
Although I think I saw him dance a bit of the ol' soft shoe not too many years ago.

But maybe Charles video chats his Dear Old Dad, who comes completely assembled onto the scene with a kick-ass backstory?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Happy to know Nathan Lane will be back. Shirley MacClaine is good news but I hope Amy Schumer is playing a character and not herself.

Cara is not the best actress. Maybe her eyebrows will have a guest role. I just hope they have all good episodes.

13 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

It's rare for a show to start earlier than it did in its previous season.  I'm surprised. 

That got their renewal before the show ended, so they knew that the audience was eager for more and they tried to deliver.

• Love 1

I'm so excited and glad we don't have to wait any longer. This comes on the heels of season 2 of The Flight Attendant and Girls5Eva, so I'm happy to have a lot of new shows to watch over the next few months. 

• Love 4

I'm not super excited by some of the new cast members, which makes me nervous for the new season. The first season was just a joy to watch (for me) and since it was such a HIT, I'm afraid they're going to lose some of what made season 1 so charming, like the insider jokes about true crime podcast followers, etc.  

I'll watch, with some trepidation.  

• Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

🤣at Martin Short
(Spoiler tagging because)

Spoiler

[CHARLES] "Is that the murder weapon?"

[OLIVER] "Why am i holding this knife?!?" [THWAP GOES THE BLOODY KNIFE INTO THE CEILING BEYOND REACH BUT NOT BEYOND SIGHT OF THE COPS WHO ARE BANGING AT THE DOOR]

Edited by shapeshifter

Only-Murders-In-the-Building-768x960.jpe

The Second Season returns on Tuesday, June 28th with two episodes. Then, new episodes stream weekly on Tuesdays.

SYNOPSIS: Following the shocking death of Arconia Board President Bunny Folger, Charles, Oliver & Mabel race to unmask her killer. However, three (unfortunate) complications ensue – the trio is publicly implicated in Bunny’s homicide, they are now the subjects of a competing podcast, and they have to deal with a bunch of New York neighbors who all think they committed murder.

• Love 1

If this is not okay to post here, please delete it for me. There is a thread on reddit going about critic's reviews on season 2. The critics received the first 8 episodes. The Reddit OP does lists the sites they found the review, note whether it has spoilers and if she adds a blurb from the review they do black that out.

So, if you are curious, here is the link https://www.reddit.com/r/OnlyMurdersHulu/comments/vgozrd/season_2_review_megathread/

Filed under: Life comes at you fast.

Apparently the Collider review is written by a reviewer who may or may not personally like Selena Gomez (or at least she called her an 'untalented swine' on twitter a couple years ago)

That review only went up 5 hours ago.  Not only is the link to that review on twitter gone, the reviewer's entire twitter profile is gone.  Whoa.

I read the Collider review (beware it gives some plot details so if you like to be 100% spoiler free don't read)  and on the surface it reads like any not 100% glowing review.  It isn't bad per se and does seem to line up with some of the other opinions of the season overall, but it does single out Selena of the three main characters a bit as less than complimentary. I would have thought nothing of it honestly, without people pointing to the earlier tweet. 

• Love 1