Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Duggars in Quarantine

• Start Topic

The Duggars cope with the Covid 19 pandemic. Jessa and Ben struggle to entertain their kids; Jinger and Jeremy deal with the California restrictions; Jim Bob, Michelle, and the kids adjust to self-isolation; the family comes together for a video chat.

I know several of us have already seen this scintillating 43 minutes of television. Post about it here. 😁 

I wonder how they plan to fill the second hour. There's only this one episode in my guide.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was a snorefest. We saw them fake quarantined. The video chat family night was lame, and there has been talk that Josie is cognitively delayed.

Wait, they discussed their perfect miracle may have a cognitive delay? ! 

• LOL 1
(edited)

I think the second hour may be Still Growing: In LA LA Land, Jinger and Jeremy are getting ready to start their new lives in LA and take a road trip across the country to get there. In Arkansas, Joy and Austin grieve the loss of their baby girl. John and Abbie reveal their baby's gender.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I the second hour may be Still Growing: In LA LA Land, Jinger and Jeremy are getting ready to start their new lives in LA and take a road trip across the country to get there. In Arkansas, Joy and Austin grieve the loss of their baby girl. John and Abbie reveal their baby's gender.

How current and up to date! 

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, SMama said:

I didn't watch, but the impression I got was that it was something the viewers picked up from watching Josie in the episode.  Meechelle would never admit to something like that and, let's face it, she's half out of it much of the time and probably wouldn't notice anyway.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was a snorefest. We saw them fake quarantined. The video chat family night was lame, and there has been talk that Josie is cognitively delayed.

6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I didn't watch, but the impression I got was that it was something the viewers picked up from watching Josie in the episode.  Meechelle would never admit to something like that and, let's face it, she's half out of it much of the time and probably wouldn't notice anyway.

As weird as Michelle and JB are, if they never admitted such a thing in public it wouldn't surprise me- out side of their entire fundy circle there is a lot of secrecy and shame in the disability community regarding mental/developmental disabilities (yes, even in 2020).

As someone that grew up in that community (although yes my sister is very much a statistical outlier even in that space)- if the child (adult child or minor child) is capable of talking back in complete sentences and "blending" into society at all the parents/other family members can be very "hush/hush", likely out of concern for hurting the child's feelings, guilt etc. In situations like my sister she was NEVER able to "blend" or "function" and its absolutely fucking obvious the second you look at her I have never understood this stance, but I went to HS with a guy where it was clear his older sister had some sort of cognitive delay (I initially thought she might just be partially deaf, but no, it was a cognitive delay only) and as friendly as we were, it was never ever something anyone talked about until as his fucking WEDDING his mother sat next to me and told me they had no plans for her future care, this woman is almost 40, the parents are almost 70- I was floored. 

I say all this to say, if Josie has a mental disability but ends up being able to "blend" into society they would never address it, she will spend her life likely living in Jana's spare bedroom- I don't think Jana would neglect or abandon her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, it was observed from an exercise in which Jana had the Lost Girls painting plants with watercolors. Josie failed to paint anything other than a blue blob with her name in the middle. 

Jana dismissed her from the table for failing the exercise (and playing with the paint, which she used incorrectly). 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

MOTY and accomplice failed Josie in so many ways.  To not have gotten her help when so much is available.  But they are too stupid and proud to ask for outside help.  And who knows how much damage has been done over the years with Josie having seizures.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The episode was just as riveting as always.  I did find myself looking up Josie's age during the episode.  I had already babysat for a family friend's kids at her age and had a part time job at 12.  She seems very young.  I don't know if that is nature or nurture.  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The episode was just as riveting as always.  I did find myself looking up Josie's age during the episode.  I had already babysat for a family friend's kids at her age and had a part time job at 12.  She seems very young.  I don't know if that is nature or nurture.  

With Josie, I think it's a little of both. She definitely gets away with a lot by virtue of being the baby, and Boobchelle are infantalizing her to a certain degree. Especially Meech. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, it was observed from an exercise in which Jana had the Lost Girls painting plants with watercolors. Josie failed to paint anything other than a blue blob with her name in the middle. 

Jana dismissed her from the table for failing the exercise (and playing with the paint, which she used incorrectly). 

Jordyn, just a year older than Josie, and Jennifer both painted lovely purple flowers.  Josie slathered gobs of blue paint on the entire page, filling every single spot with thick paint.  Honestly, it reminded me of a three year old painting.  She also had trouble with the concept that the brush must first be dipped in water for water colors to work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

They have fucking starring roles in the Covid episode. Don't forget, Meech shows Josie how to make wipes from paper towels and vinegar.

MAN their house was filthy.  They don't need those wipes, they need a bucket and a sponge or cloth.  With all those people loafing around you'd think they would have the time for deep cleaning once and awhile.  It gave me the heebie jeebies.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I'm embarrassed to admit that I knew the order of the Duggar grandchildren better than some the Duggars.

Also interesting to see that they're keeping up with the pretence that Jed no longer lives at the TTH, by having him and Jer be a separate team.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Are we sure that these were sanitization wipes? Maybe she was just teaching her how to make quarantine pickles?

Or quarantine paper towels. I guess they could be used to wrap up one's cucumbers. 😁

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

MAN their house was filthy.  They don't need those wipes, they need a bucket and a sponge or cloth.  With all those people loafing around you'd think they would have the time for deep cleaning once and awhile.  It gave me the heebie jeebies.

They need a power washer and a hazmat team.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)

I’m one minute in and had to press pause... in the opening “conversation?”  with boob, MEchelle looks like a woman in a hostage situation.  Granted, a slow/light is on but no one is home type of woman in said hostage situation.

* I have a super high stress job and would love even a fraction of what she’s taking...

Edited by tabloidlover
Edited to add
  • LOL 9
  • Love 11

Just curious: What did Josie's signature/writing look like? Assuming she painted her name, so not the same as writing it. But I am curious, in light of the discussion of her possibly having developmental delays, what her handwriting looks like. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

Just curious: What did Josie's signature/writing look like? Assuming she painted her name, so not the same as writing it. But I am curious, in light of the discussion of her possibly having developmental delays, what her handwriting looks like. 

It looked like she wrote her name with her finger. It was merely lighter blue. She wrote Josie very large and Duggar beneath it, much smaller. Josie was centered on the page. The writing itself looked okay. No messed up letters or anything.

• Useful 4
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

It looked like she wrote her name with her finger. It was merely lighter blue. She wrote Josie very large and Duggar beneath it, much smaller. Josie was centered on the page. The writing itself looked okay. No messed up letters or anything.

That's interesting--thank you! 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm confused:

• If you have been home schooling since 1919 and you don't work outside of the home - what routine couldn't you keep during quarantine? 
  • Michelle cutting a roll of paper towel in half, then pouring liquid cleaner to make wipes ----so what hack site did she get that from? If it was her original idea we would have seen it before and Josie wouldn't looked so puzzled
  • John D - your first priority during this time was to clear land for a garden, when your family is living in a trailer? 
  • Jessa - how come you don't own a sewing machine? I thought that was a Duggar woman requirement - sewing skills
  • Jessa - I guess potty training spurgon is harder during a quarantine than scurrying around trying to find his size diapers.
  • Michelle - you already had a hoard in your house with food.. and yet you needed more canned goods?
  • I know its  a sore spot - but I guess we were supposed to forget about JoAnna's miscarriage. Surprised there was no funeral flashback. Unless she didn't want to upstage her SIL mourning baby "A"

{reserving the right to add to this list later}

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Well, well.  I see that TLC is just blatantly including MEchelle and Jim Bob as regulars again.  Yes, TLC, we fucking notice.

Jinger’s baby is almost ridiculously adorable.  I’m so glad she got away from these lunatics.  She may still be with a headship, but at least Jeremy isn’t as headshippy as her father and a whole lot of guys she could have married.  She definitely got the best deal of all the girls- and living several states away?  Just a nice bonus!

Bin looks as silly in his beard as humanly possible (but who am I to talk when I’m sitting here writing about this guy’s beard online tonight?).  His goofy hijinks with that mustache and the hat made me sad for him.  This poor boy just turned 25 and is as tied-down as he could be.  At least he seems to enjoy fatherhood.

Season 11 of this show and I’ll say it again: FREE. JANA.  Remember, girl, I’ll come pick you up.  All you have to do is blink three times into the camera.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7

I figured Michelle and Jim Bob would be back hot and heavy!    The show must go on.

Jill and Joy out of the picture and Jinger at Disney world the Duggers are dwindling in size and those anointed to speak.  I don't think Jana wants to be a lead.

I look for Anna and her kids to become a bigger part of the show.  Thank goodness the world just won't accept Josh.  Maybe never!

• Love 2

I missed a few portions. Where were they coming from in the part where two of the single boys announced that they were not engaged or pregnant? I was shocked he used the word pregnant.  Think it was Jedidiah and Jeremiah....? It looked like there were there with the family remotely. 

11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I missed a few portions. Where were they coming from in the part where two of the single boys announced that they were not engaged or pregnant? I was shocked he used the word pregnant.  Think it was Jedidiah and Jeremiah....? It looked like there were there with the family remotely. 

They all use the word pregnant numerous times over many years. It’s not shocking.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Is Ben remedial or what?  Why would he possibly think his boys wouldn’t recognize him with 2” off his beard?  🙄🙄

But he had a bad accent!!!!

• LOL 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

They all use the word pregnant numerous times over many years. It’s not shocking.

I’ve never heard them say anything other than expecting. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve never heard them say anything other than expecting. 

I’ve heard them use it many times.  Even Joy asking Jill if she was ‘Pregnit yet’  a few weeks after she was married.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’ve heard them use it many times.  Even Joy asking Jill if she was ‘Pregnit yet’  a few weeks after she was married.

That must be recent. They used to never use that term. I’m surprised. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Bananna said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I knew the order of the Duggar grandchildren better than some the Duggars.

Also interesting to see that they're keeping up with the pretence that Jed no longer lives at the TTH, by having him and Jer be a separate team.

It looked to me like they were in the RV. Which is in the Duggar driveway. So he must own the house in the correct district, but still sleep at home in his bunk.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Jessa didn't seem to make much sense. She said AR wasn't under a stay at home, yet the Seewalds were staying home and actually teaching the Duggar littles remotely. Jessa also said Jinger was under a stay at home order, so she couldn't go anywhere. Was CA's lock down different than most states? It seemed to me grocery stores, pharmacies, corner stores, package stores and big box stores continued to operate, from day one, in all states, so how was Jinger's situation different then Jessa's?

I wonder how close to filming did we start to see the Duggars socializing (and filming J & J) as they pleased. Jessa said at one point they were two weeks into the pandemic and then at another time she said one month. So they must have filmed themselves throughout the month of April.

I watched Outdaughtered last week and it was interesting, in comparison, the Duggars at least had more understanding and empathy for others than Danielle did. 

I fell asleep during the J & J going to LA portion.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, SMama said:

Sad to say - I would think part of their "test" would be if she would be able to be the perfect wife and mother (emphasis on mother) like her big sisters. Granted She might not be able to be an astrophysicist at NASA, but if she could snag a hubby and have babies... 

Not at all happy about how JB & M are moving their way back into onscreen headship of the show.   I think that's where it's officially going with the Counting Now promo that ran during the show.   No, no, no and NO!  They are cancelled.  

I noticed "Anna's team" was mentioned regarding the points for the Zoom family game night, which was shockingly all about Duggar facts.  It's not like any of them would have scored any points at all if you asked them about anything outside of their bubble -- but they couldn't even answer those correctly?!   In this family, of all families, you expect people to believe that once the stick gives that positive they aren't able to know immediately what number grandbaby is on the way?  What's the one constant in the name of the television show?

• Love 3