Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: Duggars in Quarantine

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, sATL said:

some guest would be eliminated b/c of their number

So...they were tossed out of the plane? That would actually make it the second most interesting gender reveal in history...the first being that poor schmuck who started the world on fire in the southwest somewhere and now owes $8 million in damages for all eternity. Probably named the kid “Futility.”

This sounds...stupid. Glad I don’t watch, as always.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

& the confetti filled things were a waste because the ticket number holder had the pink ticket.  Am I missing something?? I honestly had to rewatch that scene to figure it out. 

I urge you not to waste anymore brain cells or precious time on it. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/8/2020 at 5:32 AM, GeeGolly said:

Jessa didn't seem to make much sense. She said AR wasn't under a stay at home, yet the Seewalds were staying home and actually teaching the Duggar littles remotely. Jessa also said Jinger was under a stay at home order, so she couldn't go anywhere. Was CA's lock down different than most states? It seemed to me grocery stores, pharmacies, corner stores, package stores and big box stores continued to operate, from day one, in all states, so how was Jinger's situation different then Jessa's?

I wonder how close to filming did we start to see the Duggars socializing (and filming J & J) as they pleased. Jessa said at one point they were two weeks into the pandemic and then at another time she said one month. So they must have filmed themselves throughout the month of April.

I watched Outdaughtered last week and it was interesting, in comparison, the Duggars at least had more understanding and empathy for others than Danielle did. 

I fell asleep during the J & J going to LA portion.

Agree. Score one point for the Duggars, et al.

One will never hear a Duggar complain about watching their own kids. And they seem to care that people were getting sick, and possibly passed, by the time this episode was filmed.

Danielle was the most whiny piece of selfishness, during this pandemic I've seen (refer to my comment on their page from May 29). Glad TLC pulled their season after 4 shows. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

I’ve just finished the two hours with the Duggers and I think I’m bailing out!  Michelle with her little girl voice all knowing!  Their filthy house and furniture. John David gardening and the whole lot outside the trailer looks like it’s never been mowed!  Snaps of Anna and the kids and poor Ben being held hostage with his balls in jessa,s pocket!

I  just can’t’!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Oh man you guys are going to make me watch this crap and I really am only curious about JD's "GARDEN" because that was a crime against all nature from the still photos.

It’s something I’ve never seen before!  Enjoy!

PS. Your going to love the ending of the two hours when the holy goalie goes for it!  Lol

• Love 2
On 7/9/2020 at 5:14 PM, JoanArc said:

Like when you’re low on food, so you rip open some Taco Bell taco sauce packets dump them on the last of the tortilla chip crumbs.

Wait...do you have a camera in my kitchen? I legit did that for a late night snack last night. However, I added the last 1/8 of a cup of shredded cheese I found pushed to the back of the fridge behind the expired yogurt I'm not ready to toss out yet.

• LOL 24
3 hours ago, Arkay said:

How about JB and Michelle condescending to do their own lessons with their own children and let Jana have some grown-up time and privacy?

Yea but children are Boob's and JChelle's property which all of us don't understand being sinners. They can do with them as they please and they don't desire to have more contact with their spawn than is shown on tv. Or is shown on the pathetic but plentiful happy birthday twitter and instagram posts. 

• Love 8
(edited)

As far as Josie's "painting", though I don't actually watch the show, I am assuming that Jana probably gave them those plastic brushes that come with kids' watercolor sets. If so, I'm amazed that anyone managed to produce anything recognizable with them, and would totally not blame Josie if she decided to use the paint in a way that was stimulating to her senses. Those plastic brushes are crimes against artistic expression, and even an accomplished artist would be hard pressed to create something worthwhile with them. I think that if you want a kid to be interested in an activity like that, you should give them tools which will not actively hinder a good result. I'd have probably painted with my fingers as well.

Edited to add; Josie has demonstrated a fairly musical sensibility, so I'm not sure that an artistic sensibility might not go along with it, even if she hasn't really developed it yet. There's not a thing wrong with a preference for bold color and texture. Even her history of licking things somewhat speaks of a personality drawn to sensory stimuli.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

As far as Josie's "painting", though I don't actually watch the show, I am assuming that Jana probably gave them those plastic brushes that come with kids' watercolor sets. If so, I'm amazed that anyone managed to produce anything recognizable with them, and would totally not blame Josie if she decided to use the paint in a way that was stimulating to her senses. Those plastic brushes are crimes against artistic expression, and even an accomplished artist would be hard pressed to create something worthwhile with them. I think that if you want a kid to be interested in an activity like that, you should give them tools which will not actively hinder a good result. I'd have probably painted with my fingers as well.

I believe they had some nice art supplies to use. The other paintings looked nice, and like you said, wouldn't have turned out that way with cheap paint sets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe they had some nice art supplies to use. The other paintings looked nice, and like you said, wouldn't have turned out that way with cheap paint sets.

Yes. Jana had a set of beautiful paints and brushes and had that greenhouse nicely set up and organized for the girls to have their lesson. 

But 10! Josie is 10?! I was appalled at her paint lesson behavior before, but I just realized the kid is 10! She was behaving as a 5 year old! I’m disturbed that she’s coddled and spoiled to the point that that’s how she behaves. 

• Love 13
On 7/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, sATL said:

Agree. Score one point for the Duggars, et al.

One will never hear a Duggar complain about watching their own kids. And they seem to care that people were getting sick, and possibly passed, by the time this episode was filmed.

Danielle was the most whiny piece of selfishness, during this pandemic I've seen (refer to my comment on their page from May 29). Glad TLC pulled their season after 4 shows. 

The Duggars have Jana to watch their kids.

And they are somewhat hypocritical to talk about social distancing when there is proof all over the internet they are not social-distancing.

Joy and Austin Forsyth made their own video about Coronavirus.  I'm not if it's still up, but they weren't as sympathetic. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's good to know. If you couldn't tell, those plastic paint brushes are a huge pet peeve of mine. That's what I had to paint with when I was young, and they caused me a lot of frustration.

• Love 6
On 7/9/2020 at 2:34 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

My sister is the youngest of five, and my stepmother’s only biological daughter. My sister is spoiled beyond belief! I’m second in the line-up, and there is no comparison between our upbringings. I am sure all of my brothers resent her. That’s just a family of five. I imagine there are all sorts of feelings in the Duggar family. Selfishly I wish we more of a glimpse of it.

I am the oldest of 6...I always said my parents practiced and got better with each one so that by the time they got to my baby sister..she was "perfect" and she thinks she is perfect...lol...she was and still is a brat and she will be 50 in September...

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

The Duggars have Jana to watch their kids.

And they are somewhat hypocritical to talk about social distancing when there is proof all over the internet they are not social-distancing.

Joy and Austin Forsyth made their own video about Coronavirus.  I'm not if it's still up, but they weren't as sympathetic. 

what did joy & austin have to whine about during quarantine? The family-attraction-farm that Austin's family runs had to shut down ? Trying to remember if their farm also raised crops - where those farmers had issues getting their goods delivered and sold.

If austin still rehabs empty houses - he still could have worked. home improvement stores were still open (with all kinds of restrictions). granted there might have been delays in getting some supplies. He didn't spend the time working on their home - or is it finished?

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I'm assuming Joy's daughter was cremated.  Otherwise I don't know how they'd have been able to bury her in the woods.

I thought they just laid a flat engraved marker - at their favorite spot. which I do wonder how  or who would keep the area clean.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Sooo, how were J and M's rountine's really changed in quarantine? It didn't seem like they were majorly impacted besides not being able to stock up on certain items which was an issue all over. I wonder what stresses specifically Benessa were feeling that caused them to debate who would do the grocery shopping? 

At least they have a backyard for the kids to play in. Imagine if Casa Benessa was a condo in NYC. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Sooo, how were J and M's rountine's really changed in quarantine? It didn't seem like they were majorly impacted besides not being able to stock up on certain items which was an issue all over. I wonder what stresses specifically Benessa were feeling that caused them to debate who would do the grocery shopping? 

At least they have a backyard for the kids to play in. Imagine if Casa Benessa was a condo in NYC. 

Jessa and Ben actually argued about who got to go to the store. It was a break from the house and something to do.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Jessa and Ben actually argued about who got to go to the store. It was a break from the house and something to do.

Yeah I can see this. During lockdown going to the store was an EVENT. Something to stimulate the mind and the senses- Driving, parking, shopping broke up the monotony of the day. I can see them fighting about it. 

• Love 7

I finally saw the episode all the way through. I think Jana was a little short with Josie regarding the painting, but caregivers are people too, lawd knows I’ve been short with my sister before. 

I was surprised to that Abby actually commented on her nursing. We know she stopped working after her marriage to John David, but I guess she figured the audience would wonder. 

I don’t think Michelle and JB’s routines changed all that much, but yes why were they the stars of the episode?? Why not have Jana and Jed speak for the kids who lived at the TTH? 

• Love 8