Type keyword(s) to search

Brittany and Yazan: Cry Me a River Jordan

• Start Topic

Brittany, 26, hails from Palm Beach, Florida and is preparing to move across the world to Jordan for Yazan, 24. The two met through a video chat set up by Yazan's sister and felt it was love at first sight. Now, the two must overcome their cultural differences—Yazan is a devout Muslim and Brittany has no plans to convert to Islam—to live happily ever after together. Will Brittany's free spirit rub Yazan's conservative family the wrong way? Plus, Brittany is keeping a secret that could ruin everything.

• Love 1

ET Online Interview (the formatting on this cut and paste is awful, but I don't want to clean it up. If you can read the site, your eyes will thank you.)

Season 2 of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way premiered on Monday night on TLC and introduced fans to who's sure to be one of the breakout stars of the franchise -- 26-year-old Brittany from Palm Beach, Florida.

Brittany, an aspiring rapper who also works as a model and does marketing, describes herself as a "seven-layer cake," noting that she's a "Barbie" and a "girly-girl" who doesn't like hearing no for an answer. She's engaged to 24-year-old Yazan, who lives in Jordan, though he's definitely not the type she's gone for in the past. Brittany says she got into "the wrong relationship" when she was 17 and that her ex was very controlling. Since then, she's only dated men 45 years old and up, and shares that she once dated an 85-year-old man. Brittany says that older men are fans of her braces in particular.

"The older, settled gentlemen really like it," she says with a laugh.

Brittany goes for what she wants and gets it. 👑 #90DayFiancepic.twitter.com/wbidyFTMW1

— 90DayFiance (@90DayFiance) June 9, 2020

However, her dating preferences changed when she met Yazan, who's two years younger than her. She met him when she visited her family in Chicago, and Yazan's sister actually lives upstairs from her sister. One day, she came into the room when Yazan and his sister were video chatting and it was love at first sight.

"I am super, super in love with him," she says, noting that he's also different from her other exes in that he isn't super rich.

Blood is thicker than water... #90DayFiancepic.twitter.com/JrelGC8QRV

After four weeks of chatting, Yazan sent Brittany money to visit him in Jordan and proposed to her a week into her visit. She now plans to move to Jordan to be with him though she hasn't informed her father, who raised her by himself. She eventually tells him on camera, and not surprisingly, he's shocked that she's planning to leave America in a week for good.

"This doesn't fly with me," he tells her. "You're making such a quick decision."

Meanwhile, Brittany acknowledges that it's going to be a shock to move to Jordan, especially considering that the culture is much more conservative and she admittedly doesn't like being told what to do. Yazan tells cameras that he thinks Brittany will eventually come to like Islamic culture, though he notes that Brittany is very different from the women who live in Jordan who depend on their husbands and like to stay at home.

Yazan says that before he can even get an apartment with Brittany, he has to marry her because his parents will not approve of them living together before marriage. He notes that his parents are actually expecting them to marry just a few days after she arrives in Jordan. But it turns out that Brittany, who also says she's not interested in becoming Muslin, is keeping one huge secret -- that she's still technically married to her ex.

Brittany consults a lawyer and tells her that she got married five years ago, and that her estranged husband is giving her a hard time when it comes to getting a divorce. Brittany's ex, whom she started dating when she was 17, actually got deported to Haiti by ICE after living in the United States since he was three years old just four months into their marriage.

After her divorce, Brittany became her "own girl boss." 💰💸 #90DayFiancepic.twitter.com/0rjxdbaVTG

Brittany says she "forgot" they were still married and reiterated that he was "very, very controlling." She said she also didn't know he wasn't a citizen and that there was a possibility he would be deported. The lawyer tells her that a divorce can take six to 10 months if they have to get the Haitian government to get involved since he's not cooperating. Brittany notes that she obviously has a big problem on her hands, given that while Yazan and his family know she's been married before, she made them think that the divorce had been finalized since she thought it would be by the time she and Yazan married.

Meanwhile, Monday's premiere also introduced fans to fellow 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way season 2 star Ariela, who is expecting a baby with her Ethiopian boyfriend, Biniyam. Ariela, who's from New Jersey, plans to move to Ethiopia so Biniyam can be present for the birth of their child. ET spoke with Ariela ahead of the premiere, and she defended her "genuine" relationship with Biniyam. Watch the video below for more:

'90 Day Fiancé' Star Ariela Defends 'Genuine' Relationship With Ethiopian Boyfriend Biniyam (Exclusive)

And a funny:

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

From that article: “Season 2 of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way premiered on Monday night on TLC and introduced fans to Season 2 of 90 Day Fiancé: The Other Way premiered on Monday night on TLC and introduced fans to who's sure to be one of the breakout stars of the franchise -- 26-year-old Brittany from Palm Beach, Florida.”

One of the breakout stars of the franchise? I...do not see that happening.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Takitaki said:

I don't think Yazan is attractive at all and Brittney is definitely doing this to get visibility for her rap "career". Yawn.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  

I love a swarthy man, but yazan is not attractive.  

So, Brittney is a sugar baby ready to age out of the system. 

The braces comment was skeevy as hell. 

Might I add that even with the braces she is an unsuccessful sugar baby if she is living at home with her dad.  

And what exactly is her job?  Is insta-THOT a job? I wonder if she can sign to Blake's label?

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
On 6/13/2020 at 11:00 PM, RoadFullOfPromise said:

The Other Way premiered on Monday night on TLC and introduced fans to who's sure to be one of the breakout stars of the franchise -- 26-year-old Brittany from Palm Beach, Florida.”

Maybe they meant "braced out"? 

• LOL 10
On 6/13/2020 at 11:41 PM, Takitaki said:

I don't think Yazan is attractive at all and Brittney is definitely doing this to get visibility for her rap "career". Yawn.

I just said the same thing to hubs: "Look, I love the dark hair, dark eyes and swarthy look as much as anyone but he is a pass."  He looks stoned and seems flat.  And please stop with getting me to convert.  I did not want to convert a year ago, not gonna happen now, buddy boy.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I just said the same thing to hubs: "Look, I love the dark hair, dark eyes and swarthy look as much as anyone but he is a pass."  He looks stoned and seems flat.  And please stop with getting me to convert.  I did not want to convert a year ago, not gonna happen now, buddy boy.

Could be the inbreeding I guess!

• Love 4

When Yazam talks about his parents being related... I think the Jordanian notion of extended family is different than ours... in the west, it usually ends with 1st cousins.   I think over there, it could include 2nd and 3rd cousins.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Yazan was caught flirting with another woman online and the news has been overwhelmingly "Who?" and "Who cares?" There does not appear to be very many people who think this is a real relationship. Nearly everyone sees it as a famewhore move by Brittany, and even the ones who do not ascribe it to her think it's not a true relationship. They are bombing straight out of the gate:

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/19/2020 at 9:15 PM, DEL901 said:

When Yazam talks about his parents being related... I think the Jordanian notion of extended family is different than ours... in the west, it usually ends with 1st cousins.   I think over there, it could include 2nd and 3rd cousins.   

I still wouldn't date a 2nd and 3rd cousin...

• Love 3
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Brittany: I need more exposure...Hey! I can pretend to be in love with someone and get on that TLC show. Better make it that "Other Way" series or else I might have trouble explaining why he's not moving here...I'll pick someone from a country there's no way I'm going to fit into and of a religion that I don't want to convert to. This will give us a built-in excuse for not getting married, while still allowing me to get some television exposure and a free trip!

Don't forget:  "I AM ALREADY MARRIED!  OOPSIES!!!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yazan's father seems like a great, kind person.    I'm hoping that finding out what his son's girlfriend is really like, and how she behaves doesn't give him a heart attack.   I'm hoping that Brittany left her skanky outfits at home.   

In their culture, isn't Yazan responsible for what Brittany does?   If so, I hope he dumped the booze, and goes through her luggage to dump her see through clothes.  . 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

This relationship is so fake, I have nothing to say about it. Cause Brittany is totally looking to settle down in a conservative Muslim country. At least the insufferable Avery thinks she’s sincere (for now).

I’m just confused about all the American’s who come on this show looking for “exposure”. Who has that worked out for yet except for some $75 Cameo’s? Sharp pays shit. 

I just wish somebody had told poor Yazan’s Dad.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

This relationship is so fake, I have nothing to say about it. Cause Brittany is totally looking to settle down in a conservative Muslim country. At least the insufferable Avery thinks she’s sincere (for now).

I’m just confused about all the American’s who come on this show looking for “exposure”. Who has that worked out for yet except for some $75 Cameo’s? Sharp pays shit. 

Every season, I ask the same question.  

If it was a real housewife show, I get it.  That actually leads to a career, but of the countless "models" and "rappers" and "musicians" what has this show done for their careers in these any of these fields?

Why would anyone come on this show thinking they are going to get a substantive boost for their rap/modelling/singing/pashmina career? 

• Love 4
On 6/14/2020 at 12:41 AM, Takitaki said:

7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Daddy Yazoo can't hate anything about that hot action if his Yazoo can find contentment with such a woman.

Britt, that insta may have just won forgiveness with that 3 inch strip of yellow cloth.

That short clip was pretty great. She does have a fabulous figure. I’m pretty sure that ass is real. 

I’ve never figured out how to attach a You Tube video. But search Sir Mix A Lot Seattle Symphony if of my age or/are interested. It’s one of my favorites. Even if at least two (maybe even four) are plants. It’s still highly amusing. I came across it for Mr. DC who loves and knows every single word to Posse on Broadway.

I actually think Yazan is pretty good looking though. His tastes obviously run a little “dirtier” than he leads his very conservative family to believe. No way he hasn’t seen some of her posts.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

That short clip was pretty great. She does have a fabulous figure. I’m pretty sure that ass is real. 

I’ve never figured out how to attach a You Tube video. But search Sir Mix A Lot Seattle Symphony if of my age or/are interested. It’s one of my favorites. Even if at least two (maybe even four) are plants. It’s still highly amusing. I came across it for Mr. DC who loves and knows every single word to Posse on Broadway.

I actually think Yazan is pretty good looking though. His tastes obviously run a little “dirtier” than he leads his very conservative family to believe. No way he hasn’t seen some of her posts.

I don't think he ever had any real intentions to marry her or her him. He likes the forbidden and to have some fun. They probably both figured it would get her exposure and he could maybe meet more girls?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

Baby Girl Lisa has racked up $30,000 in Cameo's in about 3 months. They also get free international travel, paid appearances, and hopes of a spin off.

40 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Baby Girl Lisa has racked up $30,000 in Cameo's in about 3 months. They also get free international travel, paid appearances, and hopes of a spin off.

That’s just plain sad.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

Every season, I ask the same question.  

If it was a real housewife show, I get it.  That actually leads to a career, but of the countless "models" and "rappers" and "musicians" what has this show done for their careers in these any of these fields?

Why would anyone come on this show thinking they are going to get a substantive boost for their rap/modelling/singing/pashmina career? 

Darcy and co. are getting a spinoff!