Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

"Fat"?! I do not think it means what you think it means. 

Maybe fat wasn't the right word. Misshaped? Lumpy? It wasn't flattering.

• Love 6

As much as I cannot stand Jess, let’s not pretend that Dan is a saint. They both suck, and deserve each other (for the ten minutes they’ll likely last). I also assume that Dan is a part-time dad, and his son will not be terribly effected by this ridiculous mess. Tamara and Mick are the winners in this s**tshow.

• Love 7

From that moment when Mike said on the beach that he couldn't listen any more to Heidi, we have not seen her happy or even with a smile. Ever. Always a worried, anxious, sorrowful, distressed look about her.

Mike has not changed in any manner. In fact, his final boating stunt was an in-your-face dare to Heidi to "Take it or leave it." He's the Captain of his ship, and she can come along for the ride...or not.  

I trust that next week we'll see that Heidi has left the port. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 6/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, ECM1231 said:

I did feel a little bad for Ning. A case of a little too late. Mark seemed shocked by her decision.

Jules and Cam.....heck,they gave me all the feels! I was a teary mess. My goodness, are they the real deal or what?!

Jules and Cam are a tonic for the soul. Their vows were beautiful. When Cam's eyes welled up, so did mine. God, I pine for a fairytale like theirs.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:50 AM, Adeejay said:

I agree with Ning. Mark should have called it quits a lot earlier. Waiting until the end of the experiment wasn’t a nice thing to do.

In my opinion, Ning gave him no other choice. She wrote leave at the final commitment ceremony with a big speech about why they weren’t compatible. At that point, Mark probably thought they were done, but then she waxed poetic about how glad she was that he was “fighting for the relationship,” making Mark hopeful again. So when they went to the cabin and he asked her if she saw a future outside of the experiment, he was basically asking her if she wanted him to commit or not, and all he got was a very flippant “I don’t know,” which he obviously interpreted as a sign that she wasn’t interested in a long-term relationship with him. I think if she had said anything even remotely affirming, he would have been open to continuing the relationship. That moment was the final nail in the coffin for him. Her rejection was a foregone conclusion. Before the week apart, it seemed pretty mutual. They didn’t even have a peck on the lips. So I don’t think it was some calculated nefarious plan to humiliate her with a final vow rejection. I think he thought he was giving her what she wanted and finally accepting her many, many admissions that she wasn’t into him and didn’t want to be with him. Yes, the “I didn’t find love with you” was delivered in a spiteful way, but I chalk that up to his hurt feelings. The rest of his speech was actually pretty complementary and not in a fake “it’s not you” way. I think he genuinely grew to like her as a person and hoped they would be friends afterwards because he enjoyed their time together, despite them clearly not working as romantic partners. 

With how chaotically hot and cold Ning was from week to week, how was Mark supposed to guess that she would suddenly get mushy and sentimental conveniently right when they were forbidden from contacting each other? (Cynically, I think she subconsciously decided to say yes so that she could immediately put the blame for the failure of the relationship on him, which surprise surprise, is exactly what happened.) He was obviously taken aback by her latest 180 because he sounded totally flabbergasted when he asked her “where was this last week?!” He literally all but pleaded with her to give him any indication of her feelings on their last date. He was shocked that she finally said what he wanted to hear, and I guess he could’ve just ignored the speech he had already written and improvised if he was truly moved by her words, but even so I think he still had to know deep down that potentially relocating three children, including a toddler and a teen, for an incredibly unstable and messy relationship perpetually on the brink of collapse would be incredibly selfish. I admire him for thinking about her kids. He’s really proven himself to be such a kind and patient man. The way he kissed her after her vows was so…almost melancholy, and even though the chastity of it was an obvious indicator that he was about to dump her it made me really sad  for their wasted potential. They really could’ve been something special if she had loved herself more at the time. 

I was disappointed to see her immediately backslide into finger pointing and defensiveness. And she definitely seems like a bridge burner so I doubt they communicated at all after that. For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s malicious on her part either, I just think she’s had a lot of emotional damage that creates toxic behavior. She likes the masochistic tension of seeing how far she can push people away before reeling them back in because she feels unworthy. Hopefully she’s been able to break that pattern in subsequent relationships. She seems like a decent person and a great friend, shitty dating antics aside.

I’m sorry for the ramble, but their break up was very painful to watch and I was surprised how sad it made me. Mark is a really good guy and I wish that Ning had been able to be a healthier partner for him, if that’s genuinely what she wanted. Watching her go out of her way to push him aside and self-sabotage at every turn, only to pull a Hail Mary and fall flat on her face, was excruciating. 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Although I knew and maybe others could predict about the future of Jules and Cam,  nonetheless, revealing it constitutes a Spoiler, IMO.  

The most obvious development the show has does not constitute a spoiler imo.

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Goodness this is one l o n g series!  I think I'm taping 37 and 38 and I'm about ten episodes 

24 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The very specific mention of a child does, IMO. I knew it weeks ago, didn't think it cool to post. 

i read it somewhere today.  

On 6/13/2021 at 5:06 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

The very specific mention of a child does, IMO. I knew it weeks ago, didn't think it cool to post. 

I'm sorry to have upset you! I removed the mention from my post. I considered it more of a life update than a show spoiler since we already knew they stayed together and the birth obviously occurred after the show narrative, but ymmv! Apologies.

Mark is fortunate to be rid of Ning. I feel for her, but she really should heal her neuroses before she gets into another relationship.  She put Mark through the ringer and she is going to regret letting a guy like that go. He seems decent, stable, caring, and he was open to being with a woman with three kids. 

Her emotional problems caused her to jerk him around throughout the entire experiment and he was smart to walk away.  I can only imagine how messy it would be if they stayed together.  I wish Mark had been hooked up with a nice stable woman. 

• Love 7

I am only sorry they are not showing the reunion show that took place two years later.  It is on YT, and is quite revealing.  Wish they would take the time to re-show this too.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, b2H said:

I am only sorry they are not showing the reunion show that took place two years later.  It is on YT, and is quite revealing.  Wish they would take the time to re-show this too.

Can you share that link, @b2H? TIA

Mike's sister is so pretty and pulling really hard for Heidi.

4 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

So it looks like tonight's episode is only an hour. Still, that seems like a long time to wrap up Heidi and Mike's relationship.

Mike went on and on and on.  Does anyone know a guy that can talk that long?  My proposal was in the car after dating six months.  My husband said “ You’re going to marry me .. pick the date.”  Man of a few words, lol.

• LOL 1

Dang these two.  They made me cry!   I've always been a non-romantic, but they got me. 

I agree with Heidi that Mike is inconsiderate and doesn't see outside himself sometimes.  But there are other things that I think Heidi overreacted to.  I think they really do care about each other, but unless they get into counseling afterwards to learn how to navigate this, it's not going to work.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Dang these two.  They made me cry!   I've always been a non-romantic, but they got me. 

I agree with Heidi that Mike is inconsiderate and doesn't see outside himself sometimes.  But there are other things that I think Heidi overreacted to.  I think they really do care about each other, but unless they get into counseling afterwards to learn how to navigate this, it's not going to work.  

I cried too.  The whole scene was so beautiful.  I don’t know if they can stay together tho.  You’re right.  He’s all for himself.  I don’t think any woman would take all his crap.  He’s too selfish.  I like her.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

I cried too.  The whole scene was so beautiful.  I don’t know if they can stay together tho.  You’re right.  He’s all for himself.  I don’t think any woman would take all his crap.  He’s too selfish.  I like her.

They both had moments of being absolutely terrible. Remember her berating him all night and threatening a breakup over towels? Although he will always take the jerk cake with his classic "I'm not your therapist, what's the point of this story?" response to tales of her orphan childhood. That speech was romantic as hell though.

apparently after all that they broke up a few days after filming lol

• Love 2
On 6/17/2021 at 8:23 PM, ECM1231 said:

Can you share that link, @b2H? TIA

Mike's sister is so pretty and pulling really hard for Heidi.

Search under MAFS Australia grand reunion.  There are several parts of it available there.

• Love 2
(edited)

The reunion seemed fun overall! Matthew (virgin) replying "good to know" was Ines told him she was horny made me laugh. What kind of response is that to a simple "how are you?", let alone to someone you barely know?

I'm very sick of the cattiness and teen drama factory that is Jess, Martha, and Cyrell. It's embarrassing and they ruin every party. Cyclone Cyrell is right! She did have a point though - while I don't agree with trying to emasculate someone as an insult, Michael's constant endorsement and enabling of Martha's gossip and juvenile behavior makes him look worse by association. Watching such a nice guy just blankly grin and cosign her bullshit makes me like him less.

Did anyone else catch Jess and Martha both bragging about using daddy as an on-demand ATM to avoid working? They really are spoiled, unlikable people lol.

Speaking of which, Lizzie was so grating and obnoxious this season, I'm baffled that she was invited back (assuming she was the only one). I don't enjoy her at all here, although it was heartening to see her and Mick take in Tamara as part of a Scorned Club, lol.

Sam's strategy of just staring into space and/or not giving a fuck when Lizzie ignored/mocked him and Ines picked a fight with him cracked me up. The women need to realize that no one gives a shit about their petty grudges, but especially not the dudes who dumped them. They're wasting their time and ruining the mood for no reason other than their juvenile vendettas. I was shocked to see Ines show actual emotion, much less still be hung up on Sam. She's only trying to make amends with Lizzie out of bitterness that Sam played her.

I was absolutely delighted to see Mark and Ning flirting. I'd assumed he'd be dead to her. And this episode...kind of made me attracted to Mark? His flirting was adorable and him showing up with a massive beard specifically because he knew it was a turn on for Ning was pretty hot. As much as I wish they'd work it out, I think it's all about thrill of the chase for her.

I can't believe it took Cyrell this long to find out about Jess propositioning Nic! I assumed he would've told her after they left. I really like that Mick stood up for Nic's character and clarified that Nic had stayed loyal when it was obvious Cyrell was winding up to go off on him. Mick is very loyal to the guys and the male friendship on this show is a joy to watch.

Next week: I am absolutely obsessed with the experts getting petty and showing footage of the Jess/Nic convo to the group when she denies it. Looks like the honeymoon afterglow will wear off when Dan realizes he's plan B.

Highlight of the night was Cyrell mocking the partner swappers by drunkenly yelling "my cock is bored" while sitting on Ning's lap.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 7

Jess said that all she has to do is tell her dad that she needs money and he will ask if five thousand will do.  I don’t buy it because her father doesn’t look like someone who has that kind of money just lying around.

I hope Cyrell ruined Martha’s “Prada” dress. She was right about her having Michael’s balls in her purse.

It seemed to be killing Ines and Elizabeth that Sam didn’t have two fvcks to give.

• Love 6

Seeing all the returnees---especially de-hotted Sam! WTH?!---has made me disinclined to watch this episode to the end. 

I don't  want to hear Cyrelle's loud accusations; more lies from Susie, Ines, and Jessika; more tales of the Try-sexual and her Virgin ex-husband; and so on. 

Plus, the women dress like they're  part of a hookers' convention. 

• LOL 2
On 6/13/2021 at 2:36 PM, Racj82 said:

The most obvious development the show has does not constitute a spoiler imo.

I see your point of logic, but technically  a baby is outside the scope of the so-far televised series. I know of another baby (on the way), but I think it's  better to keep, pun intended, mum.

Not that any of it really matters! 

15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Seeing all the returnees---especially de-hotted Sam! WTH?!---has made me disinclined to watch this episode to the end. 

I don't  want to hear Cyrelle's loud accusations; more lies from Susie, Ines, and Jessika; more tales of the Try-sexual and her Virgin ex-husband; and so on. 

Plus, the women dress like they're  part of a hookers' convention. 

OMG, Sam looks awful. He really needs a beard to look hot.  Also, did he get fillers?  His face looks odd too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

OMG, Sam looks awful. He really needs a beard to look hot.  Also, did he get fillers?  His face looks odd too.

I believe Sam put on weight and his hairline was odd, as if he had a little hair transplant. 

Billy looked ridiculous with that little boy shirt popping its buttons over his  beer gut.  

I am also wondering what redeeming qualities Lizzy had that made the powers that be choose her to come back for the next season.  As we all saw, her outward appearance changed for Season 7, but she remained unpleasant.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I see your point of logic, but technically  a baby is outside the scope of the so-far televised series. I know of another baby (on the way), but I think it's  better to keep, pun intended, mum.

Not that any of it really matters! 

Hmmm ..I still think Mike and Heidi aren’t finished.  If only he wasn’t such a baby wanting his way all the time.  He’ll never make it with anyone with that selfish attitude.

(edited)
On 6/25/2021 at 6:38 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I can't believe it took Cyrell this long to find out about Jess propositioning Nic! I assumed he would've told her after they left. I really like that Mick stood up for Nic's character and clarified that Nic had stayed loyal when it was obvious Cyrell was winding up to go off on him. Mick is very loyal to the guys and the male friendship on this show is a joy to watch.

While I appreciate Mick sticking up for Nic and setting the record straight before Cyrell confronted him and Jess, I've been conflicted about Nic for a while and this episode and this revelation brought that back to me. 

Nic comes across as a genuinely nice guy and I believe that he is but this issue frustrated me during the show because his keeping things from Cyrell seemed like he was participating in a form of gaslighting. I get it, Cyrell (whom I love) is a lot and can go overboard when in confrontation mode, but withholding information that is pertinent to her and AND to the case she's making against Jessika was wrong too.

I did appreciate him affirming Michael's endorsement of Martha's bad behavior because that's his "missus" but still conveying that Martha was wrong. 

Also, whoever screamed, "Please get Cyrell away" (I couldn't tell) after Martha initiated winegate needs to have several seats! 

Edited by BluBarbi98
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, BluBarbi98 said:

While I appreciate Mick sticking up for Nic and setting the record straight before Cyrell confronted him and Jess, I've been conflicted about Nic for a while and this episode and this revelation brought that back to me. 

Nic comes across as a genuinely nice guy and I believe that he is but this issue frustrated me during the show because his keeping things from Cyrell seemed like he was participating in a form of gaslighting. I get it, Cyrell (whom I love) is a lot and can go overboard when in confrontation mode, but withholding information that is pertinent to her and AND to the case she's making against Jessika was wrong too.

I was surprised he didn't tell her at first, but if I recall correctly, I think that all happened at the end of Nic and Cyrell's relationship.  Given her reaction the last time he told her about the rumor, which was fairly minor, I think he probably decided it just wasn't worth it.  He had all but checked out by that time.

I loved them and wanted them to work out.  But I think her up and down with him specifically wore on him, and the whole drama with the brother was the final straw.  I think he would have put up with her over the top behavior, but constantly threatening to leave was too much for him.  I think it was admirable of him to turn Jessika down even when he and Cyrell were clearly over, because he was still "married."  I think when it was brought up again later, he just didn't want to be part of the drama.

• Love 3
(edited)

Dan, how does it feel to be completely humiliated on international television? What’s it like to be SHOWN that your idiot girlfriend will pounce on anything that has a Y chromosome? Hahaha Sucks to be you.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 11

I can't believe how Jessika was blatantly lying, ever AFTER the footage was shown of her hitting on Nick!!  We all have eyes and ears, Jess!!  WTH?  And in 6 weeks they hadn't seen each other even once?  Strong relationship, there!  What a farce!  

I felt bad for Heidi and Mike.  They obviously care about each other very much.  

And Cam and Jules!!  I'm not a right reasons watcher, but dang, those two just melted my unromantic heart!  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I can't believe how Jessika was blatantly lying, ever AFTER the footage was shown of her hitting on Nick!!  We all have eyes and ears, Jess!!  WTH?  And in 6 weeks they hadn't seen each other even once?  Strong relationship, there!  What a farce!  

Jess: I love Dan because he’s such a wonderful father.

Except she’s never actual witnessed how he interacts with his son. 

• LOL 15

Too much Mike.  I enjoyed watching him squirm when he saw his mate Sam being an a-hole.  Guess he doesn't know him as well as he thought he did.

I was hoping that Ines would have been called out for the way she treated Bronson and for making fun of Lizzie.  I don't buy her tears.  If Sam was still with her, she would have walked in there like her pal Jess, all high and mighty.

Martha should have been held accountable for being Jess' cheerleader.  She is just as bad and probably worse. This notion that there are distinct “generations” and the practice of slapping labels on people based on the year they were born is mostly bullshit.

The looks on Jess and Dan's faces when they showed that clip of Jess and Nick was priceless.  For me, it was the highlight of this dreadful season.  I can see why they decided to show Season 7 first.  

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Too much Mike.  I enjoyed watching him squirm when he saw his mate Sam being an a-hole.  Guess he doesn't know him as well as he thought he did.

I was hoping that Ines would have been called out for the way she treated Bronson and for making fun of Lizzie.  I don't buy her tears.  If Sam was still with her, she would have walked in there like her pal Jess, all high and mighty.

Martha should have been held accountable for being Jess' cheerleader.  She is just as bad and probably worse. This notion that there are distinct “generations” and the practice of slapping labels on people based on the year they were born is mostly bullshit.

The looks on Jess and Dan's faces when they showed that clip of Jess and Nick was priceless.  For me, it was the highlight of this dreadful season.  I can see why they decided to show Season 7 first.  

I have watched the whole “Jess gets called out” on YouTube so many times prior to it actually being shown on TV. I was so happy to see it “on the big screen”.

”Dan’s such a good faaaaatherrrr” to a son I’ve never met!! BWAHAHAHA!!

”nothing’s changed” Yeah, give it a minute…

”Man to man did she have a crack at ya”. Ummm….did ya NOT see that she didn’t care who she hurt trying to find love? Oh, you know, like Mick and Tam.

if you haven’t seen it go on YouTube for them discussing it on “live TV”. BWAHAHAHA

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Martha should have been held accountable for being Jess' cheerleader

I wonder how Martha would have felt if Jess had gone after her husband?

21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The looks on Jess and Dan's faces when they showed that clip of Jess and Nick was priceless. 

Yep.  Jess's "oh crap, they recorded that" and Dan's "she went from propositioning Nick straight to me"

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 7/2/2021 at 11:32 PM, Adeejay said:

I actually felt bad for him for 5 seconds after the couch (though the clearly preferable partner, Heidi is the definition of high maintenance and I don't like how every comment and glance becomes grounds for a week-long fight, how draining), but then he immediately started grandstanding in yet another one of his trademark condescending, sexist rambles about how a woman's opinion is wrong and I remembered he's insufferable.

Yes Ines would've remained smug if things had worked out with Sam, but I think we got as much self-awareness as we're going to get from someone like Ines and I was surprised we got that much, especially the Bronson apology. I didn't like that she tried to turn it into a "my abandonment issues make me vulnerable to dirtbags" pity party. Uh, Bronson was your actual partner and seemed emotionally available, but you thought you were better than him. Obviously she only entertained Sam's bullshit because she was sexually attracted to him. A lot of people won't let toxic relationships go because of attraction, but she really leaned into the victim narrative - in front of the guy she cheated on! 

This notion that there are distinct “generations” and the practice of slapping labels on people based on the year they were born is mostly bullshit.

That cracked me up! Jules (the clear intended target) is only 9 years older than Jess and 6 years older than Martha. That's hardly a generation gap. It also seemed to be directed at Heidi, Mel, and Ning for disapproving of their antics and siding with Jules. Jess and Martha were acting as if they're 19 and being bullied by 40-year-olds. You can't say "you just don't get me, a Youth" when you're 30 and pushing 30. Being combative and self-obsessed isn't a generational thing, it's an asshole thing. And "we live our lives on Instagram" isn't the brag Martha thinks it is. Overall, a very petty and juvenile jab to shame women over 35. They're the worst.

Martha was the stealth douche of this season and only flew under the radar because of sweetheart Michael (whose enabling was really starting to grate by the end). I rolled my eyes when she chided him for clapping for Cyrell. How high school.

• Love 12

I was really hoping Michael would have had a “come to Jesus” moment about Martha and her shameless support of Jess’ cheating If that wouldn’t give you doubts of your partner’s attitude toward fidelity than I don’t know what would. Plus I was surprised that someone as down to earth and natural would be attracted to such plastic beauty with eyes set on a lavish lifestyle. 
I’m honestly surprised they’re still together but she’s still milking her appearance on the show and may move onto richer pastures when she starts to lose some of her popularity. 
Her comments on the show about him not being ambitious enough and looked down on his being a teacher even saying she couldn’t see herself married to one made me think she’s a total fame seeker. 
On another tangential note, do Australian women get a government stipend for plastic surgery? Talk about being “full-on”.

• Love 12

This notion that there are distinct “generations” and the practice of slapping labels on people based on the year they were born is mostly bullshit.

The only distinction I saw was that Jules had a lot more class than any of the members of the “high school cheerleaders/mean girls.”

• Love 11

The other thing about Jess that stood out watching the flashbacks was her comment "We are all here looking for love".  She acted like this was a dating show, and the men were some pool of candidates she could choose from.

• Love 12

Heidi needed someone with a higher emotional IQ than Mike had. Mike needed someone without as much emotional baggage as Heidi had. They could have also used some real couples therapy, not the crap that these three “experts” doled out.

• Love 8

I spent way too much time today watching videos on YT.  Many interviews with the contestants who told a lot about producer manipulation and things we didn’t see happen on camera. If you go on YT just put “MAFS Australia” and lots of choices pop up.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

There were no tears: just a pantomime. Ines has no soul.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

While I felt bad about the fat shaming of Liz, what in the fuck was this look?  

1554710520256_HERO3.png?width=922&height

A drag queen looking at this would say 'girl, dial it back'.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

While I felt bad about the fat shaming of Liz, what in the fuck was this look?  

She got a bad deal with her partner the first round, but even before she was matched, she drove me crazy.  The clownish makeup and clothes, the over-the-top behavior, all was just too much.

She toned it down a lot in her second show, and I started to like her, but she was still all up in everyone's business all the time.  The first dinner party she showed up to, she immediately launched into asking everyone for gossip on all the couples.  Why?

The one thing I've never liked about the Australian version was how the couples were all in each others' business all the time, to the point of demanding it was their right to know intimate details of everyone's lives.  It's more of a dating show than married at first sight.  I guess partially because they aren't actually married.

Anyway, yeah she was a train wreck from the beginning, and it had nothing to do with her body type.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2