Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

It's a good thing Guillermo lost his pillow last week. Otherwise Staten Island would be over-run with evil semen magnets. All I know is, this is totally the episode I've been waiting for. Pretty much everything the show has ever said about witches is hilarious.

• Love 2

So Nadja's mini-rant last season about witches was actually true!  I love that they are her go-to excuse for the troubles in her life.

I laughed at the pervy smiles Nandor was giving to the camera, and Nadja's shrieking about no one being able to tell long-haired brunettes apart.  Who knew about Nandor and Lazslo!

I liked the continuity between episodes and seasons.  I'm glad to see that Guillermo talks back more to the vampires.  I laughed big time when Colin Robinson tried to insert himself in the semen extraction and Guillermo's non-belief in him being well-endowed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Laughed through the entire episode.  One of the best!  The only thing that could have made it better would have been the Nadja doll rolling its eyes when they came home. 

• Love 3

For some reason the thing that made me laugh the most in that ep was Guillermo's "No hablo ingles."

I also love that he's got a new familiar buddy in Black Peter. I wonder if they'll wind up doing something with the many familiars they've introduced. Guillermo's definitely outgrowing his role and now he's proved himself against witches as well!

This was a great episode start to finish, though! Weird that I found that ending with Laszlo and Nandor to be a really sweet friendship scene as well as hilarious.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

For some reason the thing that made me laugh the most in that ep was Guillermo's "No hablo ingles."

This show always makes me LOL at least three or four times and episode, and that was definitely one of those moments!

• Love 4

Per the credits, it looks like James Frain was voicing Black Peter, which is why he sounded so familiar.  Maybe he'll meet up with Sam and kick off an animal familiar spin-off!

I believe this was the first time witches finally appeared on screen, after mainly just being referenced through Nadja's hatred of them.  Great seeing Lucy Punch as the held of the coven, and I liked how it ended with Guillermo of all people saving everything, by striking a deal to provide them Nandor and Laszlo's sperm weekly, since apparently there is "plenty of it."  Guillermo really has been stepping up this season!

Ah, Laszlo!  Considering your behavior here, being sent to the casket in the basement is probably getting off lightly.  At least he and Nandor have each other to offer the other a hand in getting each other off!  True friendship right there!

Colin would be the one annoying guy during escape rooms.  And refuse to admit that he was beaten at puzzle solving by Guillermo!

Natasia Demetriou killed it again here.  Almost everything that came out of Nadja's mouth was pure gold!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Firing on all cylinders tonight! Also lots of direct engagement with the camera crew this season, to the point they've almost become the sixth main character. Loved Guillermo being more assertive and getting a side hustle out of it. Somebody has to pay Con Ed and the phone company. Also the witches splatting Nandor against a building. Those New York drivers, man. Couldn't quite hear what Nadja was saying when she was telling Guillermo to go faster, did anyone catch that?

Maybe he'll meet up with Sam and kick off an animal familiar spin-off!

I just recently became aware there was already a WWDITS spinoff, Wellington Paranormal, starring the cops from the movie. Currently in its second season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

"What goat sorcery is this?!?"

This show is so good, every episode is just solid gold, and this might be one of my favorites of the season! Guillermo being more sassy towards the vampires and actually taking his breaks that Nador promised him and then saving the day (he did so good Nadja actually remembered his name!) Colin Robinson being that guy in the escape room, the witches almost chasing away the camera crew before the head witch invited them in (lots of camera crew interaction in general) Nador and Laszlo beings pals with occasional benefits, its just all so great. 

Glad that Guillermo found a new familiar buddy in Black Peter! One day they'll make you a witch for real Black Peter! 

"Thats just a vague European accent!" 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, ichbin said:

The only thing that could have made it better would have been the Nadja doll rolling its eyes when they came home. 

Or if they had the doll yell at the vampires, ala Nadja, "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE ME HERE TO DEAL WITH THAT FUCKING GOAT!!!?"

11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Colin Robinson being that guy in the escape room, t

My company did an escape room thing a few years ago, I made up a non existent dentist appt to get out of it.  I work with Colin Robinson. I'd rather have a fake root canal. 

A review on another site was decrying the Nadja/ witches spat, like it was the old sit com trope of women fighting over men. 
I didn't take it that way at all, I took it as Nadja's temper and emotions have no logic, she does what SHE wants, she doesn't share if she's not in the mood, and she felt the witch had been her friend. It's one thing if your husband screws around with a stranger, but not a friend. 

Yes, the generic European accent! 

And Black Peter! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I laughed at the pervy smiles Nandor was giving to the camera

I think that was my favorite part, although I love all things Nandor. His narration about Nadja blaming "every little fucking thing" on witches was great too.

I also adore Lucy Punch so I was pleased as punch to see her here. (I know. Groan.) I guess vampire semen will let them stay young looking "considerably longer" than if they used humans?

Lilith transforming into "Nadja" and Nadja's frustration that none of the men could tell them apart was probably the highlight of the episode. Honestly - these writers never fail to outdo themselves. How do they come up with so many great gags week after week? This didn't even have anything to do with the fact that they were vampires or witches, it was just commentary on how dumb men are.

A review on another site was decrying the Nadja/ witches spat, like it was the old sit com trope of women fighting over men. 

You've got to be kidding. There is nothing typical or usual about this show. I can't think of anything more original. Even if they did use a trope (which I fail to see in this instance) they'd find a way to turn it on its ear and parody it.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think that was my favorite part, although I love all things Nandor. His narration about Nadja blaming "every little fucking thing" on witches was great too.

that was hysterical.... the whole episode was. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

You've got to be kidding. There is nothing typical or usual about this show. I can't think of anything more original. Even if they did use a trope (which I fail to see in this instance) they'd find a way to turn it on its ear and parody it.

I think maybe that reviewer watches The Bachelor too much. I can't even think of a sit com where women fight over the same man.  Like fight fight? 

Maybe a love triangle, but that's kind of part of life. You like someone they like someone else.   

Like I said, a stranger is one thing, but you don't fuck your friend's husband!  And he's so stupid he can't even tell it wasn't her!  I really did think they would make her change completely into Nadja, so the joke being it was just a brunette with bangs was even better. 

Team Nadja Forevs!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I didn't take it that way at all, I took it as Nadja's temper and emotions have no logic, she does what SHE wants, she doesn't share if she's not in the mood, and she felt the witch had been her friend. It's one thing if your husband screws around with a stranger, but not a friend. 

Totally disagree. Yes, Nadja wouldn't want to be friends with someone who slept with her husband (which isn't fighting over a man, but a friend intentionally betraying you and who wouldn't lose that friend?) but the bigger point of the whole ep was that Laszlo was the bigger problem since he was sleeping with every person with long, dark hair and thinking it was Nadja. The ep basically just gave us the backstory of her hating witches and then the problem was all about Laszlo's shortcomings as a husband.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/3/2020 at 10:36 PM, peridot said:

So Nadja's mini-rant last season about witches was actually true!  I love that they are her go-to excuse for the troubles in her life.

I laughed at the pervy smiles Nandor was giving to the camera, and Nadja's shrieking about no one being able to tell long-haired brunettes apart.  Who knew about Nandor and Lazslo!

I liked the continuity between episodes and seasons.  I'm glad to see that Guillermo talks back more to the vampires.  I laughed big time when Colin Robinson tried to insert himself in the semen extraction and Guillermo's non-belief in him being well-endowed.

I loved Nandor in that scene.  I have always felt that immortal beings like vampires have to be at least bisexual if not pansexual.  You live for hundreds of years impervious to disease, experimentation is going to happen.  The real question is, how many times has Lazslo mistaken Nandor for Nadja?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I re watched this morning, it's even funnier the second time.

I loved Nadja calling someone a dipshit, that is my go to name for idiots.  (that could have been in Corroboration, I watched them both this morning)

• Love 1

How come every time there's a new episode I come away thinking, okay, NOW I have a new favorite!

They just keep topping themselves. Laszlo being unable to tell the difference between his own wife of 200 years and any long-haired brunette with a Europeany accent was hysterical.

• Love 6

the bigger point of the whole ep was that Laszlo was the bigger problem since he was sleeping with every person with long, dark hair and thinking it was Nadja

But see . . . I don't think Laszlo really couldn't tell the difference. I think that was just his excuse. He was playing it up way too hard. "You'll have to raise your hand, I can't tell which one of you is speaking." But then, Nadja pointed to some other witch with long, dark hair and asked if he slept with her too, and what did Laszlo say? "Hello Judith." So - he knew who she was. 

Honestly . . . this has become one of those shows where you can just recite every single line in the script, and each one is golden. The only other show I watch that is like that is Brooklyn 99. 

Case in point: The witches transform themselves into their real ages, and Nandor says "MILFs . . . even better!" Also, the way he grinned into the camera when Lilith said there would be pain involved in extracting their semen. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

But see . . . I don't think Laszlo really couldn't tell the difference. I think that was just his excuse. He was playing it up way too hard. "You'll have to raise your hand, I can't tell which one of you is speaking." But then, Nadja pointed to some other witch with long, dark hair and asked if he slept with her too, and what did Laszlo say? "Hello Judith." So - he knew who she was. 

Good catch! 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Oh yes, you're totally right! Which makes it even worse. The guy cheats on her and then sticks to his "it was magic!" idea, which would not only suggest he can't recognize his wife but that he's slept with all these other people and is sticking to the excuse regardless.

So nobody was actually fighting over Laszlo, he was just being revealed as a jerk over and over. Nadja still wanted him because she loves him, but nobody else did and while she saved his life, she also tossed him and his erection out of bed.

11 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Case in point: The witches transform themselves into their real ages, and Nandor says "MILFs . . . even better!" Also, the way he grinned into the camera when Lilith said there would be pain involved in extracting their semen. 

I loved that, such a great little character detail for Nandor vs. Laszlo the coward.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Nadja still wanted him because she loves him, but nobody else did and while she saved his life, she also tossed him and his erection out of bed.

I think she's mad at the witches, especially Lilith because they were friends, and at Lazlo because he's just being an asshole, blaming magic for his infidelity. 

He's even the one who kept beheading Gregor, aka, Jesk, Jesh whatever. 

So he can be jealous and kill her lover, but he cheats with witches, claiming  "I thought it was you", like she should accept that. 

• Love 3

I guess that I am alone in being disappointed with this episode.  I have been loving the season but found this episode kind of "flat" compared to the others.  However, after reading everyone's comments I will rewatch it as perhaps I was just not in the mood for it or something.

Another little Nandor moment from the beginning - he insisted that Guillermo taking 15 minutes breaks was his idea.  His MILF comment kind of riffed on a joke at the end of the WWDITS movie, when Viago

Spoiler

turned his now 80-ish girlfriend, and told the camera crew "call me a cradle robber if you want" because he's still hundreds of years older than her.

I feel like they had more of an effects budget this year.  They've used it well, like with the room with all the doors.

Nice catch that James Frain voiced the goat.  I wounder if he'll recur as a voice or as another character.  He could totally play a vampire if they decided to have him in person on this series.

• Love 3
On 6/5/2020 at 1:01 PM, iMonrey said:

Oh, absolutely Laszlo could tell the difference. He just didn’t care that the person with long dark hair and an accent wasn’t Nadja! Funny that he is jealous of the reincarnations of Nadja’s mortal lover Gregor (Jepf) and beheads him all the time.

On 6/5/2020 at 2:29 PM, teddysmom said:

I think she's mad at the witches, especially Lilith because they were friends, and at Lazlo because he's just being an asshole, blaming magic for his infidelity. 

He's even the one who kept beheading Gregor, aka, Jesk, Jesh whatever. 

So he can be jealous and kill her lover, but he cheats with witches, claiming  "I thought it was you", like she should accept that. 

I posted mine before I read yours. Great minds!

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, saoirse said:

"Witches". When Nandor and Laszlo are abducted by a coven of witches, the others must venture Brooklyn to rescue them.

Well, this show has now ruined witches for me. RUINED! LOL

I loved how Lazlo either has face-blindness or Nadja believed him.

Oh yes, nice to see that vampires aren't the only ones jerking their servants around with false promises, but I did get a good laugh at Guillermo coming out ahead at the end with his business venture.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nadja and Laszlo need to get their own familiar again.  Mooching Guillermo's services, when technically he's just Nandor's familiar, isn't cool.  I'm glad Nandor stands up for Guillermo when he's on his break and Nadja tries to get him to do stuff.  Nandor seems to be upholding his end of the deal he made with Guillermo.  And Guillermo's standing up for himself, too.  "That's not in my job description."  And yes, he said "Fuck you guys" when the lights were out and they were giving him shit about not finding the switch right away.  I wasn't sure, so I turned on the closed captions and played it again.

That was nice, though, when Nadja actually said "Guillermo!" when he opened the door to the storage/escape room.  She does know his name.

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 8

When youve been married for 200 or so years, you get to the point where you just don't care any more abt the stupid shit they do.  

Ar least that what my sister says. 

Great call back would have been Nadja yelling at  Lazlo "I should have left you in that fucking cage when I had the chance! (From last season when he was a bat and animal control caught him)

• Love 2

That was nice, though, when Nadja actually said "Guillermo!" when he opened the door to the storage/escape room.  She does know his name.

I loved when they were in the car and Nadja was suggesting someone exactly like Guillermo should go into the shop without explicitly saying Guillermo until he volunteered, and then acting faux-surprised but turning to the camera and grinning.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Home Depot to buy some witch proof carpet tape.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I loved when they were in the car and Nadja was suggesting someone exactly like Guillermo should go into the shop without explicitly saying Guillermo until he volunteered, and then acting faux-surprised but turning to the camera and grinning.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Home Depot to buy some witch proof carpet tape.

Her looks to camera are perfect. 

• Love 4

Some of Nandor's looks to the camera were great, too.  Actually, I think the faux-documentary format really works for this show, because it allows them to break the fourth wall without "really" breaking it.  They're just looking at the camera, which we all know is there and is even mentioned from time to time.

• Love 7

And I love how Guillermo tried to pretend like there wasn't a camera crew at first and then turned around and glared at them as they were going into the back of the shop. He told them to wait outside!

• Love 2

As soon as I saw the goat, I knew it was going to be witches so I was giddy! Then, I figured it would be a semen-stealing plot as predicted by the always amazing Nadja so that brought me down a little bit. I would say overall, this episode was middle of the road for me by this show's high quality standards.

My favorite parts:

• The montage of Nadja blaming witches for everything and then ultimately being correct as usual.
  • How saucy Nandor was about his erection. So far, we've only seen two sides of Nandor: (1) the goofy, yet thoughtful old soul and (2) the warrior. Seeing another side of Nandor was really fun.
  • Everything involving Guillermo. His dialogue delivery and looks to the camera were always exceptional, funny, and well-timed.

I, too, have an escape room story with a Colin Robinson. In my last job, the owner thought it would be a good team-building exercise after bringing in a new business development director. The new guy ended up being Colin Robinson, and he was ultimately the reason why I left that job.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2